Dr. Jeffrey Karp, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Karp, MD

Neurology | Male

JEFFREY M KARP MD 3251 N McMullen Booth Rd Ste 302 Clearwater, FL 33761 Get Directions

We provide a professional and calming environment to address all patients concerns and needs. Our appoints run on time with less than 20 minutes waiting time. Our staff will work hard to ensure that testing is scheduled quickly and authorized appropriately. All test results are called to patients the day they are received, whether normal or abnormal. Dr. Karp reviews all test results and answers all patient questions within 24 hrs. We address all of a patient's neurological concerns and take the time necessary to do so. All reports are sent to the primary care physician promptly.

Dr. Jeffrey Karp, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Clearwater, FL. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 42 years. Dr. Karp is affiliated with Mease Countryside Hospital and Morton Plant Hospital.

Dr. Karp's Experience

See how Dr. Karp's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Karp

Dr. Karp accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Karp has admitting privileges.

Dr. Karp's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karp to family and friends
    3.8
    Dr. Karp Says:

These are only a few surveys. Only patients upset with having to pay their co-pays or not getting the narcotics they asked for have sent these in. There are many, many patients that I have seen over the years, including several from my first year in practice - 1980. Many patients refer us to family and friends. Our staff is always kind and helpful. We always go the extra mile.

Dr. Karp's Performance
    New Port Richey, FL |
    The first time I met him, he had a syringe in his pocket, the same way most people would carry a pen. When I stated that I was opposed to injections he became condescending and dismissive. I was referred back to him for nerve studies (NCVs), his staff humiliated me. My copay had gone up a week before and I did not have the difference on me. I asked to reschedule. They said it would take three visits for one test and I'd need to pay it all now or leave. Greedy, condescending and rude.
    Tampa FL |
    Dr. Karp was condescending and rude to my elderly mother who suffers with dementia, he had no bedside manner. He should not be working with the elderly. Worst Doctor I've even been to. I am not saying he doesn't have the skills or knowledge base, but he is inappropriate and unkind. Poor listening skills and flip answers. Nothing warm or genuine. We had a return visit and my mother was having a difficult time tolerating the medicine, he threw it in the trash can very forcefully, hostile man.
    Palm Harbor, FL |
    When I called to reschedule I was told they could not see me because I missed my appointment. My father passed away the day my appointment was scheduled. When I explained why I missed my appointment no compassion was shown, I was put on hold and when they came back to the phone I was told they would have to speak to Dr. Karp and would call me back. They called back the next day and said I would have to pay $100 to secure my appointment and that is the only way I could be seen.
    Bradenton |
    A friend had an appt sched with the Dr and was sitting at her father's bedside as he passed so unfortunately she did not call to cancel the appt. When she called to resched she was told she could not as she did not cancel prev appt. She explained the situation and was told they would discuss it with the Dr and call her back. The office called back and said she could resched the appt after she paid a $100 no show fee! There has to be exceptions, if not, this is a very COLD Dr!
    Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Karp, MD?
    Are you Dr. Karp?

Dr. Karp's Care Philosophy

Dr. Karp says...

Dr. Karp's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology

• Gold level award - Aetna/ Blue Cross, 2010
      • AMA certificate of excellency, 2005
      • Fellow American Academy of Neurology, 1992
      • AOA - Medical Honor Society, 1975 - pre
      • Director of Muscular Dystrophy Association, 1992

Dr. Karp has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Karp's Board Certifications

• Hydrocephalus
    • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
    • Insomnia
    • Movement Disorders
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Muscle Diseases
    • Myasthenia Gravis
    • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
    • Nerve Diseases
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
    • Subdural Hemorrhage
    • Syncope
    • Temporal Arteritis
    • Thrombosis
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Tremor

Emory

Completed in 1980

State University Of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook

Graduated in 1971

Dr. Karp does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karp and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electroencephalogram
    • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
    • Diabetic Neuropathy Nerve Release Testing
    • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
    • EMG (Electromyography)
    • Electrodiagnostic Procedure
    • Low Back Procedure
    • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
    • Neck Pain Procedure