Dr. Jeffrey Harris, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Harris, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Jeffrey L. Harris, M.D. is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in primary and revision total joint replacement. Joint replacement is often recommended when bones wear due to arthritis, trauma or through the normal aging process. He joined the Ortho NorthEast staff in 1999. After attending Illinois State University on a basketball scholarship, Dr. Harris received his medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine. He served his residency in orthopaedics through the Fort Wayne Medical Education Program and Lutheran Hospital. Dr. Harris completed his fellowship at the University of Chicago Hospitals in the sub-specialty of adult reconstructive surgery. Dr. Harris is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is also a member of the Indiana State Medical Society, Fort Wayne Medical Society, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery and American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Harris enjoys spending most of his spare time in activities that involve his wife Julie and four children, Kelsey, Nolan, Austin, and Lauren. He also enjoys sports, music and traveling.

5050 N Clinton St

Fort Wayne, IN 46825

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Harris

See how frequently Dr. Harris performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Harris's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Degenerative Diseases Affecting Musculoskeletal System
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Soft Tissue Injections
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Illinois State University, Normal, Il
  • Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, Fort Wayne, In
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • University Of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Il
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Dr. Harris' Performance
in Wolcottville |
Overall my experience with Dr Harris and ONE Ortho Hospital was excellent in every way. In the future I’m going to need my left knee replaced and will absolutely return to Dr Harris and Ortho Hospital to have it done. My experience with Dr Harris and the entire staff at Ortho Hospital was exceptional.
in Leesburg IN |
Dr. Harris has done 2 total hip replacements and 1 resurfacing on my hips. I have had great results with all 3 surgeries. I would highly recommend him.
in Kalamazoo, MI |
I came from W. Mich. ,for a second opinion on a previously failed left knee replacement done by a Kalamazoo surgeon. Dr. Harris said he could fix it through a total revision, but that my right knee needed replacement as well. He replaced the right knee and it works perfectly . I then decided to have the failed knee repaired. Dr. Harris replaced the loose, misaligned joint. I am recovering ahead of schedule with ONE therapy. I am truly grateful and blessed for Dr. Harris, and his skills!!!
in Wabash IN |
I appreciated the time Dr Harris spent with me and his effort to ease my mind on a future surgery, explaining and giving examples of people's success and satisfaction having the surgery.
in Middleville, MI |
Every interaction I have had with Dr. Harris has been a positive experience. His concern for me as a patient, his professionalism, knowledge and demeanor made my experience much easier. My procedure went well and he provided me with information as to what I should anticipate. I considered others before choosing Dr. Harris. I can say without reservation I made the right decision. I have already recommended him to my son-in-law.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Over the past 10 years, I have been so thankful for the skills of Dr. Harris. (2 hip replacements, 1 knee replacement) He and all of his staff have been both kind and professional. I have recommended them to both family and friends over the years.
in Albion, IN |
Dr. Harris took the time, a long time actually, to chat with me about my impending hip replacement. He wasn't rushed. He listened and answered all my questions. At this point, I could go into surgery with complete confidence. I was looking for confidence and humility in a surgeon and I believe I have found it.
in Defiance, OH |
Very imformative and upfront about what to expect.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Extremely focused on patient needs and concerns. Takes the time to answer all questions.
in Charlotte, MI |
Everyone on the team has been GREAT! All are friendly, helpful and are truly interested in you getting better. It is a pleasure to work with such a great team.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr Harris is THE BEST ortho doctor! Best bed-side manner, very personable, and explains everything in plain English so you have a clear view of all your options. I've had both hips replaced, my mom had both knees replaced, and my husband had one knee replaced! Wes is great, too, as well as all the staff! We're so happy God put Dr Harris and his staff in our lives!
in Decatur, IN |
Very pleasant office visit.
in Avilla IN |
From the very beginning of my care for a hip replacement to the very end, Dr Harris has been great! He is very informative about anything and everything you my have questions or concerns about. I'm very grateful for the relief he has provided me and I would highly recommend him to family, friends or anyone else!
in Bluffton, IN |
I have had Dr. Harris as an orthopedic doctor for several years and 3 surgeries with another coming soon. He has always been attentive and very informative about what is to be expected with my surgeries. I would consider him a premier surgeon in his field. I have great confidence in his surgical skills. I have recommended him to several people in the past including my brother, Dr. Harris was his surgeon for his hip replacement as well.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
This my second hip replacement surgery. Dr Harris is positively great! I was walking without a cane or walker after the first week. Everyone in Dr Harris' organization is very friendly,professional and genuinely concerned about your health and comfort. They make it a point to review and explain the entire experience. The same can be said of the hospital staff at Parkview I don't have a lot to compare it with but my experience with both hip replacements y Dr Harris was the same. GREAT!!!
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Harris and his staff are the absolute definition of PROFESSIONALS. His awareness of and concerns for his patients is only surpassed by his surgical skill. My concerns and apprehensions before the dual surgeries were dispelled almost immediately as he discussed my medical diagnosis and his and his staff's plan of action. Dr. Harris spoke to my issues in "every day" language and, most importantly, listened to my concerns and questions throughout the entire process. Good man, great Doctor.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr Harris was very kind and forthright talking about my situation. We really appreciated him talking so frankly about everything - although I must admit, he did not have the solution we were hoping for. He was also very good in explaining everything to us.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I arrived early for my appointment, but experienced only a short wait time. check-in was quick and straight forward. I was in x-ray within five minutes of entering the doctor's office and was talking to a PA within 15 minutes following completion of the x-rays. Doctor Harris was also prompt and informative. His recommendation made sense and we'll see what happens. Certainly can't recommend any change that would improve the visit except not needing it ib the first place!
Ft Wayne, IN |
Thank you to Dr Harris and staff. I was concerned about my hip. Dr Harris took the time to explain the problem and the solution to me. I feel more at ease with the upcoming surgery to fix it. I will definitely recommend Dr Harris and staff.
in Berne, IN |
Dr. Harris performed my knee replacement surgery in May 2016. I was very nervous about the whole procedure. Dr. Harris took the time to answer all my questions, address my concerns and I went into surgery knowing I had the right doctor. I would highly recommend Dr. Harris for anyone who needs knee replacement. I am only in my 40's, but getting the replacement was the best decision. If I need another replacement as I get older, I will return to Dr. Harris.
in Pleasant Lake, IN |
I recommend Dr. Harris to anyone looking into orthopedic surgery. He is very concise & explains every detail what his procedure will be. While I was not a candidate for a hip replacement, he showed me while looking at my X-ray what is causing my pain. Dr. Harris did my husband's surgery & husband is very satisfied with the outcome & how quickly he recovered. His staff is extremely knowledgeable & helpful. Thanks to the Parkview doctors and nurses.
in Angola, IN |
Two years ago I had my left hip replaced. Four weeks ago I had my right knee replaced. Dr. Jeff Harris was my surgeon. He is very pleasant to talk with, explaining procedures, x-rays, answering questions. I felt very confident having him perform my surgeries. He comes to the hospital every day following surgery and also has follow up appointments several weeks afterwards. I had positive feedback from nurses, therapists etc. about how well my incision looked, how well I was doing etc.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Harris, MD?
Are you Dr. Harris?