Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jeffrey Grosskopf, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Grosskopf, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Saint Charles, IL. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Grosskopf is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Grosskopf Orthopedics

3805 E Main St Ste G

Saint Charles, IL 60174

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Grosskopf

"Over thirty years experience has taught me how to be the most effective for the patient, to resolve their problem in the shortest time and at the lowest cost in terms of time and money. I am at a point in my career where I want to give my patients as much time as they need from me to understand their issue and resolve it. I enjoy my patients and often run into them in the community. It gives me great personal satisfaction to be viewed as a friend by those I treat."

Dr. Grosskopf's Experience

Dr. Grosskopf's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Broken Arm
  • Cartilage Tear
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Injuries
  • Tendon Disorders
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Trigger Finger

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Neuroplasty
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Illinois Benedictine College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago / College Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Grosskopf has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Grosskopf does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grosskopf and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Grosskopf's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grosskopf to family and friends
Dr. Grosskopf Says:

I value honest patient feedback as a tool to help my practice be as patient friendly and as efficient as we can be.

Dr. Grosskopf's Performance
in Batavia, IL |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Grosskopf. He is thoughtful, thorough, and genuinely caring. He was very honest with me in terms of what I could expect following surgery. I've had a great outcome.
in North Aurora, IL |
Some years ago, Doctor fixed both of my shoulders. I lost track of him for years. When I needed treatment with my wrists, I searched the internet to find him. I did find him in St Charles. He has now fixed my wrist and the experience was very satisfying. His office staff is friendly and competent. My other wrist is now acting up so it looks like I will need his services again. Ron Penkala
in St Charles, IL |
Dr Jeffrey Grosskopf and his entire team are top-notch. I was having chronic knee pain and Dr Grosskopf determined I had ACL, as well as meniscus issues. He thought orthoscopic surgery would provide relief to my knee. I am happy to report that the operation was a complete success. Dr Grosskopf gave me a new lease on life. I haven't felt this good in years. From the minute you walk into his office, you feel like his team genuinely cares about you and a successful outcome.
in Batavia, IL |
Great doctor! Always on time. Dr Grosskopf spends quality time with his patients and explains everything so you understand your plan of care. His expertise and knowledge is incredible. The office staff is friendly and always willing to go the extra mile when scheduling office visits and is always prompt in returning call. I would highly recommend this practice.
in Geneva, IL |
Dr. Groskopf is a very caring doctor who listens to your concerns and has a great sense of humor! He also has a great office staff. I would recommend you make an appointment if you need shoulder surgery.
Dr. Grosskopf performed surgery on my right shoulder last December. I am very happy with the results and have found him to be physician who possesses excellent surgical skills. It is clear that he genuinely cares about his patients. His staff members are very pleasant and I have had no problems scheduling appointmens.
in Streamwood, IL |
Dr. Jeffrey Grosskopf and his staff were very professional and genuinely concerned about my health and well being. Every visit to their office was pleasant and comfortable. I had rotator cuff surgery and after a year has passed, my shoulder is as good as new. I would highly recommend Dr. Grosskopf for any Orthopedic needs.
in St. Charles IL |
I used to be a patient at Fox Valley Orthopedic and felt it was becoming an assembly line environment. My personal trainer recommended Dr. Grosskopf when I was experiencing pain below my left knee. I am extremely pleased with Dr. Grosskopf and his staff - you do not feel rushed at all! Dr. Grosskopf was very thorough, explaining different options and took the time to understand my daily workout reoutines to ensure the treatment (PT) would be the right solution. So very pleased!
in St. Charles, IL |
Dr Grosskopf does it right. He listens, he engages patient, he clearly explains findings. He does not dwell unneccessily on things like test results and xrays. Most important, he's kind and competent.
in Dekalb, IL |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Grosskopf and his staff! They truly make you feel welcome from the moment you walk in. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Dr. G is professional and caring. He takes his time to explain the procedure and answer any questions you may have.. he makes you feel like you are the only patient he is seeing that day. I was well taken care of and am on my way to a quick recovery! You should make an appointment today! I highly recommend this awesome team!
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Grosskopf was repaired my right rotator cuff and torn muscle in 2010. Everything went very well and I feel I have a 100% recovery. Now in December of 2016 he repaired my left rotator cuff and torn muscle. He did a very good job again on this side. after 14 weeks of therapy I was released last week and I need to work on my strength but the repair again is solid. If you need this kind of surgery done, this is the guy! His office clean and nice. All the office personnel very professional.
in Geneva, IL |
It makes such a difference when your doctor and his staff make your visit a comfortable experience! Dr. Grosskopf is a warm and approachable physician who takes the time to listen! I know that I can trust him and appreciate his care and concern for me. Also, the office staff went out of their way to accommodate me recently. My thanks to all who made my appointments timely, comfortable, and professional. My husband and I will return for future orthopedic needs toTHIS office!
in St Charles, IL |
I first went to Dr. Grosskoph due to a recommendation from a close friend. He operated on my right shoulder 5 years ago and my left shoulder last September. My experiences have been excellent and I would highly recommend him.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Grosskopf is a phenomenal orthopedic surgeon. He takes time to listen to the patient, address any concerns and is a genuinely good person. I highly recommend him.
in Sugar Grove |
Dr. Grosskopf performed rotator cuff surgery to eliminate impingement, remove bone spurs and repair two tendons. He always to took time to answer all my questions in direct and easy to understand terms. By helping me understand the mechanics of the shoulder and what the surgery accomplished, it helped me get the most out of the physical therapy. I am back to playing tennis 3 times a week with no discomfort or loss of flexibility. Added bonus - appointments always on time, I never had to wait.
in St Charles, IL |
When I first went to his office I was instantly greeted with the most amazing and friendly staff that instantly allowed me to forget about any fears I had about going to the doctor's office and they made sure to get me anything I needed. Over the last 3 years Dr. Grosskopf has embodied what it truly means to be a great patient advocate and doctor. He is very smart and will work very hard to solve your problem. I would never go to another ortho again. I owe him a lot for helping my difficult case
in North Aurora, IL |
I was refered to Dr. Grosskopf by Dr. John Kefer and for having to see a doctor it was the best experience possible. Dr. Grosskopf is a very experienced orthopedic doctor. He is knowledgeable and he explains everything to you from what is medically wrong to what your options are. He is very approachable listening to all of your questions and answering them in detail. I would recommend Dr. Grosskopf without hesitation.
in Elgin, IL |
I came to Dr. Grosskopf for both my right knee and both shoulders. I felt very comfortable from the very first visit. He is very knowledgeable and with a warm caring demeanor. I walked away feeling I was in great hands. I had surgery on both my knee and right shoulders and all went very well. I feel so confident in him that I am sending my daughter to see him soon.
Thank you for trusting us with your healthcare needs, Anita. We truly appreciate it.
in St. Charles, IL |
Dr. Grosskopf was recommended to me by the PT that I had been working with, and when talking with friends several made the same recommendation. Dr. Grosskopf explained in terms I understood, with simple diagrams, what was happening and why, and the procedure that should take place. Scheduling surgery was easy and quick, to fit my schedule. Pain management was great post-surgery, and follow ups easy to schedule.
Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate it and are glad that you are doing so well!
in Campton Hills |
Was supposed to have a simple arthritic joint shoulder scrape for pain reduction. Instead had a full blown labrum tear surgery, which was not needed, nor wanted. Staff not helpful after surgery getting questions answered. Overall on a scale of 1-10, this guy gets a 2.
We were able to meet with the patient to discuss some common misunderstandings. He voiced understanding and agreement.
in Geneva, IL |
I would enthusiastically recommend, not only Dr. Grosskopf, but his entire staff. From the first time I call and made the initial appointment to today when I was "cured" I always felt I was the center of all they did.
in Geneva Illinois |
Dr. Grosskopf is an amazing Doctor, he has extensive knowledge and fantastic bed side manner. The office staff including his Nurse and X-Ray tech (Wes) are incredible! I came to them with a knee issue and they got me in same day as a new patient. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
in Geneva, IL |
Dr. Grosskopf has operated on my shoulder, my knee and also my husband's shoulder. All of these surgeries were amazing success stories. He takes the time to explain everything that we needed to know and never made us feel rushed. He is an outstanding surgeon and all three surgeries turned out much better than we expected. We feel very lucky to have discovered him when we needed an orthopedic surgeon. His post-op care plans and physical therapy were EXACTLY what we needed. Excellent doctor!
in West Chicago, IL |
Great Doctor. Very professional and caring. Super support staff as well. Highly recommend.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
My search for an orthopedic doctor ended with the reviews I read for Dr. Grosskopf. I wanted a doctor that had an open mind and would explore all options with my injury. He has far exceeded my expectations. He has a wealth of knowledge and proven experience. He takes the time to help you understand the pros and cons for all of your options. He was excellent with my knee injury and 4 months later I went back to see him for a shoulder issue. Both times I had exceptional results. A+++
in Maple Park, IL |
Dr G listened to my problem, explored solutions, was great in treating my issue. It was a relief to see a doctor who took his time during office visits to ask questions and listen to the answers. His staff is awesome and helped out with my questions about insurance and surgery. Highly recommend Dr G!!!
in St. Charles, IL |
Dr. Grosskopf, is a very professional and knowledgeable physician. I found Dr. Grosskopf easy to explain my medical situation. He offered new insight into my chronic back problem, and I am very happy with the results.
in Batavia, IL |
Doctor is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain your condition and what options you may have. Staff is very helpful and polite. I have never have waited more than a few minutes before going in to see the Doctor. Very highly recommended.
in St Charles, Il |
5 yrs ago we took our son to Dr Grosskopf for a knee exam , to determine if he could finish his Senior year volleyball season. Dr gave him the green light, (after a very thorough exam.) Last month (5 yrs later) my 86 year old father in law fell and broke his wrist. My (Nurse) wife would not have anyone else other than Dr G. care for her Dad. The entire staff was pleasant, fun, and professional. The X-ray tech helped us out to the car. Dr G spent plenty of quality time with my father in law.
in North Aurora, Il |
Came from a referral of another patient. Dead on correct with positive information. No messing around, did not feel upsold or surgery is the only answer and when he referred a physical therapy, did not send me to a "retail" type place. Worked with me for regards to my location. Very happy to have found/got a referral to Dr.Grosskoph!!!!!! Thanks Matt Weber
in St. Charles, il |
Great care-didn't do more than he had to. Flying Colors review.
in Saint Charles, IL |
Very knowledgeable Doctor and a very friendly staff.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
He does spend as much times as required for you and family members to understand and be comfortable with an required procedure. The surgery performed and recovery went flawlessly.
in West Chicago, IL |
I went to Dr. Grosskopf for sharp pain in my knee when I was walking. After X-rays, he took his time evaluating my knee and fully explained what he found. Although I was fearing the need for a second surgery, he offered the alternative of a Synvisc injection, to provide additional cushion into the knee. The injection was almost painless, my relief was about 90 percent immediately, and now one day later, I have no pain. He is a miracle worker! Thank you!!
in Palatine, IL |
I went to Dr. Grosskopf due to recurring knee pain. He and his staff were extremely professional, immediately taking an x-ray right in the office and sharing results with me almost immediately. He laid out a plan, including providing options during every step (P/T or rehab, surgery, etc.). I chose the surgery route, which went with no complications, and the skill and caring shown by Dr. Grosskopf and his staff for subsequent therapy and follow-ups was outstanding! Highly recommended!
in Saint Charles, IL |
I have known Dr. Grosskopf for over 20 years. He has always provided me and my family with the highest level of advice and care.
in St. Charles, IL |
I would never allow any of my family members to go anywhere else, other than Dr. Grosskopf.
in Maple Park, IL |
Dr. Grosskopf was very through when it came to figuring out what was wrong with my shoulder. He explained the issues in terms that I could understand. He discussed options with me and didn't pressure me one way or the other. When I did decide to go ahead with surgery, he offered me several options that fit my insurance. He advised me about which places would cost less, while still providing him with all the things that he needed to successfully complete the job. Staff is great too.
in Maple Park, IL |
From my first visit to my graduation visit Dr. Grosskopf was an excellent doctor. He explained everything very clearly and I felt very comfortable. I was putting off going to the doctor because of the unknown with my shoulder and when I was finally done I had wished that I would have gone to him a year earlier!
in Geneva, IL |
My experience at Dr Grosskopf's office far exceed my expectations I had a completely detached Rotater tendon which Dr. was able to reattach, with little pain or discomfort. A 6 month recovery time was reduced to 3 months where I was 95% back to normal, can't say enough of this pronominal man.
in Geneva, IL |
Extremely satisfied with the whole process, from diagnosis through surgery and follow up visits. Dr. Grosskopf and his entire staff have been continuously friendly, professional and caring. I would highly recommend this practice.
in St Charles, IL |
The entire staff was very professional and friendly and I felt like they really cared about me. I never felt that Dr. Grosskopf was rushing, he took the time to explain things to me.
in North Aurora, IL |
I had five surgeries in 2015 all done by Dr. Grosskopf. He was wonderful as was his staff. He was very caring and knowledgable. I would highly recommend his practice.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Grosskopf, MD?

Visit Dr. Grosskopf