Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD

Pediatric Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD is a pediatric neurosurgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 10 years. He specializes in pediatric neurosurgery and neurosurgery.Read his story

Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Greenfield's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Greenfield's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal

Dr. Greenfield performs Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal more than 87% of his peers

Dr. Greenfield performs this procedure more than 87% of his peers

Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Greenfield performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 87% of his peers

Dr. Greenfield performs this procedure more than 87% of his peers

• Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Surgical Treatment of Spasticity
  • Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome
  • Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Adjustment

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Pediatric Neurosurgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Greenfield

Dr. Greenfield?
Dr. Greenfield's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD
An amazing Dr, he is very kind, caring to his patients and their family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
We traveled from Rochester NY to see Dr.Greenfield for a second opinion for our daughters Chiari Malformation. From the moment we meet him we felt at ease. He took the time to explain things our other surgeon never did. We decided to move forward with surgery and have no regrets. Dr.Greenfield has allowed her to be a normal little girl, no more feeding tube, no more apnea. THANK YOU Dr.Greenfield!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Dr Greenfield made us feel comfortable and confident with the treatment plan for my daughter’s Chiari Malformation. We traveled to see him and will continue to do so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is professional, knowledgeable, and compassionate. He took all the time we needed and answered all of our questions. It was worth the trip from Syracuse, Ny. If we need anything in the future we know where we will go. Thank you Dr. Greenfield and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield does a great job making you feel comfortable and explaining the options available to you. He is extremely thorough and kind when answering any questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
We traveled from VA to New York City to see Dr. Greenfield because there were no pediatric neurosurgeons in our area who saw the problems with our son. We were not disappointed. Dr. Greenfield and his staff were extremely helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable even arranging for us to stay at the local Ronald McDonald House. I would very highly recommend him to anyone looking for a kind, extremely knowledgeable, and patient neurosurgeon. He was fantastic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
I was desperate by the time I reached Dr. Greenfield. He quickly diagnosed a condition everyone else missed. He took time to explain it and answer all of my questions. I never felt the least bit rushed. He performed surgery to correct the problem. The surgery has greatly alleviated symptoms and improved my quality of life by 1000%. I will be ever grateful to Dr. Greenfield.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Once more Dr Greenfield was extremely nice and helpful explaining in detail our daughter’s situation. He answered clearly my daughter’s concerns and ours. In this extremely difficult situation we are thankful for having someone like Dr Greenfield.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Dr Greenfield diagnosed my daughter with Chiari Malformation after 2 plus years of seeing doctors for debilitating symptoms that no other doctor could diagnose. I took my daughter to 3 of the best hospitals in the country. 2 of them told us her MRI was normal and the 3rd aknowgled the Chiari, but felt that being measured under 5mm, it was not the cause of her symptoms. Thankfully, Dr. Greenfield did not dismiss us as others did. He performed her surgery and gave us hope. We are so grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield was amazing. He explained everything to us about our daughters Chiari Malformation. This was our second opinion. We couldn’t be more happy with our visit. He recommended trying to wait a little longer before we do surgery. We were glad to hear he wasn’t just ready to cut into her. He wants other tests ran which were not suggested my our other medical provider. When it’s time to have surgery we will be reaching back out to him. He was amazing with our daughter. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
He is patient, kind, and knowledgeable. You never feel like a number. He sat for 45 minutes for over everything with us, making us feel like we underatand everything going on with our daughter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Outstanding doctor. High level of expertise, patent care and compassion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is an expert in his field. He genuinely cares about his patients and gives patients enough time to ask questions while going reviewing the diagnosis and treatment plan. His NP Davina is fabulous and very knowledgeable. The office staff cannot be more accommodating and caring than they already are. I’m traveling from FL to see this MD and I work in the healthcare system. That says a lot in itself!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Excellent. Doctor is respectful and receptive to answering your questions. He is not intimidating or mean spirited, like some other doctors. Certainly worth the trip to manhattan to find a kind knowledgeable genuine specialist. I feel extremely grateful to have the opportunity to know we have seen the best and he gave us peace of heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
He saved my son life an amazing surgeon it wasn’t for him I don’t know where I be now he is compassionate hands on I recommend him to everyone and the staff at Cornell Brain and Spine Lisamarie Buonocore Perez
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Dr Greenfield is a caring and very skilled neurosurgeon. We traveled from Ky to see him about my 4 year old granddaughters Chiari and he did her surgery. We were out of the ICU after 24 hours and everything went well. I am an Rn and he is the best ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
I have faith on him... I know my daughter is on good hands... He shows a lot of knowledge on my daughter medical condition (Chiari Malfornation)... Dr. Geendfield and his Staff treat patients with respect and professionalism... ?????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
I flew across the country to meet Dr G. I scheduled surgery that day and felt confident that he was the right Dr. to help me have the best life possible. He is very thorough and looks at everything, he cares about your future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Excellent,caring and knowledgeable doctor who treats patients with care and passion.I would recommend him 100%.He explained regarding my daughters disease process and treatment options.He would be an amazing surgeon for the world not only to US.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Greenfield, MD?
Dr. Greenfield is an extremely knowledgeable and compassionate neurosurgeon. When my daughter was diagnosed with Chiari 1 malformation and was in excruciating pain, he was the only doctor we found who was straightforward and confident in is approach. He performed surgery to correct the malformation and was amazing from beginning to end. Dr. Greenfield and the surgical staff were wonderful throughout the surgery and hospital stay. He literally gave my daughter her life back!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Greenfield?

Insurance accepted

Cigna POS
CoreSource
EmblemHealth
GHI
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO
VNS Choice
WellCare

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Greenfield treats patients.

Compare Providers

More providers like Dr. Greenfield at Weill Cornell Medicine Brain and Spine Center

Show All Pediatric Neurosurgeons