Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Goldstein is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center .

...See Less

Dr. Goldstein's Care Philosophy

Dr. Goldstein is a Clinical Professor at NYU School of Medicine and Director of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases Spine Service . He is a recognized expert in spine surgery and offers a comprehensive surgical approach to all spinal disorders. Dr. Goldstein is a national leader in the area of minimally-invasive spine surgery and one of the first to perform disk replacement surgery in the neck and lower back. He also lectures and instructs other surgeons on the newest surgical techniques.

Dr. Goldstein's Experience

See how Dr. Goldstein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Goldstein

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Goldstein has admitting privileges.

Dr. Goldstein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goldstein to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Goldstein's Performance
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Goldstein was recommended to me by a friend who lives in London and had surgery with him in NY. I underwent artificial disc replacement in my neck. I went home the same day and have felt great ever since. Dr. Goldstein and his team were great. They answered all of my questions and made me feel like family.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Goldstein saw me after a referral from another doctor for nerve pain in my arms. After PT and shots the pain didn't go away, and I had surgery in Jan 2017 for C5-C6 but it turned out he had to take my C6-C7 as well.. I am now 5 months post op and nerve pain free. he and his staff did a wonderful job on me and i am appreciative to be able to sleep at night.
New York, NY |
I found this physician to be detached with an unfriendly attitude. Clinically he down played my cervical symptoms which subsequently escalated into severe cervical radiculopathy.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have had lower back pain for months. It began to affect my left leg. I did injections & physical therapy. It did not help stop pain. I meet Dr. Goldstein he explained to me problem. On April 27 2017 I had surgery. Best decision made. Dr. Goldstein helped me so much. Still in therapy but no pain. Thank you so much.
in Brooklyn New York |
I was referred to Dr Goldstein by my pain management doctor. I've had back pain for years aggravated by 2 falls. However I started having pain so severe that I could barely walk a block. Previously I was active. I went in expecting to discuss minimally invasive surgery however after my in office X-Rays Dr Goldstein carefully explained that my condition was very serious and needed spinal fusion from L3 to S1. He wasn't pushy, I felt very comfortable and booked surgery that day.
in New York, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Goldstein for anyone who is suffering from back pain. I have severe spinal stenosis and unstable vertebrae and was barely able to stand and walk when I saw the doctor. He performed surgery, which I was very reticent to undergo as I only knew of folks who had surgery and saw no improvement. I am now five weeks post op and am standing up straight and walking without the crippling leg pain and numbness I was dealing with prior to surgery.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I am writing this review for anyone who suffers from lumbar spinal stenosis. I was in horrible pain, I couldn't walk unless completely hunched over. I tried everything, physical therapy, shots, acupuncture, for months I suffered. It was a very dark time in my life. I was told about Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein by a therapist, I love NYU hospital, so I made an appointment right away. I had the surgery just about a month ago. I am walking upright! Please go, don't suffer, we are lucky to have him!
in New York |
The very best medical experience I have ever had! Beautiful office, receptionist were warm and informative, waiting time for 4 office visits averaged 10-15 min. Dr. Goldstein, Nurses and staff are wonderful. Bedside manner was caring, listened to concerns, emailed/called me back promptly and hospital personnel deserved the same credit. But most of all, my delicate neck fusion by this wonderful, experienced surgeon was a resounding success. Visit nobody else but Dr. Goldstein and his staff.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Goldstein performed cervical disc replacement surgery on my husband. We are very happy with Dr. Goldstein's wonderful care and surgical skills. The Hospital for Joint Diseases where the surgery was done was also top notch.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I would not hesitate in recommending Dr Goldstein. It is safe to say he has changed my life. After suffering with neck and back pain for nearly ten years, I have seen countless doctors and therapists with no success. In 2016 I met Dr Goldstein. He examined me and immediately identified the route of the problem. He set me on a path of total rehabilitation, and have now been totally pain-free for over year. I'm a new man!
in Brooklyn, NY |
I went Dr. Goldstein for a "second opinion"and I'm surely glad I did. I had pain running down my leg, to my foot. The first spine doctor, said that I would need a spinal fusion which, I wasn't too thrilled about. I was recommended to Dr. Goldstein,by 2 people who had spine surgery with him. When I saw him, he said that he would prefer to do a "lumbar microdiscectomy" which is less invasive than spinal fusion. I had it done, and now I'm fine. Very professional staff. and I felt like "family".
in Weehawken, NJ |
I recently had a micro-discectomy and my experience with Dr. Goldstein and his team was very positive. Dr. Goldstein and his nurse practitioner were professional, knowledgeable, and attentive. The Seaport Orthopedics office was convenient, clean, with very friendly and helpful staff. The outpatient center at the NYU Center for Joint Disease was run extremely well with an excellent nursing staff. The procedure was successful and the support during recovery has been good.
in Germantown, NY |
I had back pain for about 10 years, but it could be tolerated until my foot started going to sleep. I looked for a no nonsense and competent doctor. I found Dr. Goldstein and gave him my short term plans. He said that I should be able to achieve them without any problems. Within a few days of a spinal fusion I was off pain medication, and the day after the 4 week post-surgery visit I went driving on a 1300 mile trip without any problems. I would definitely highly recommend Dr. Goldstein.
in New Hyde Park, NY |
One of the best surgeons! Highly recommended. I've had lower back problems ever since I was 13. I'm 28 now. I've had a micro-discectomy on my L4/L5 in 2009 but I ended up herniating the same disc again 4 years later. I was in a great deal of pain and didn't find comfort in any position. I was out of work for 3 months. Dr. Goldstein is very honest and knowledgeable. We knew we were in good hands. Dr. Goldstein has given me my life back and I would recommend anyone with chronic back pain.
in Staten Island, NY |
He took the time to explain the procedurend and gave me realistic expectations - which were exceeded after surgery. He was genuinely happy for me and my results.
in Brooklyn, NY |
It's hard to understand ruptured disc nerve pain unless you've had it. It can be what feels like life-endingly bad. I spent months trying to avoid surgery as the idea of having someone operate on your spine can be terrifying. Dr Goldstein is a total pro, he made me feel like he does about five discectomy's before he's even had coffee. He is also a spine surgeon who is so good, he teaches other spine surgeons. These are the kind of things I read about him before I saw him that encouraged me to go
in Hawley, PA |
From beginning to end Dr. Goldstein and his entire team were incredible. Efficient , considerate, caring, proffessional and highly skilled at their jobs.
in Long Island City, NY |
Dr Goldstein gave me my life. After a year of failed treatments (acupuncture,massage, PT, meds) to help ease my excruciating back pain caused by herniated discs, I was referred to Dr Goldstein for surgery. I had avoided the surgery option at all costs and both my wife and I were apprehensive.After our first visit to see the Dr. we were put at ease and we came away knowing that I was in excellent hands from a truly skilled professional.Surgery day was a breeze and the follow up excellent. A+ care
in New York, NY |
I'm a 70-year old woman. I have undergone two spinal surgeries this year with Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein. First was on my neck, and then my lumbar. I can't express how supremely competent he is as a surgeon. I am totally recovered and able to move extremely well. I do not need a surgeon to be a psychologist and hold my hand, as some on this site seem to want. I need him to read my MRI's accurately and to do his job in the operating room, and that is his supreme talent. I am very grateful.
New York, NY |
If you're looking for someone who makes you wait 2 hours only to refer you to someone else and say "I dont know" for every question you ask, then congratulations- Dr. Golstein is for you! In all seriousness, he was the most unhelpful doctor I've encountered in my life and did not seem to care at all about my visit. He didn't even ask me any questions to understand why I was experiencing pain. Zero stars
in New York New York |
Did not provide any care, answer or advice for condition. Beside manner is mocking and cold at best. Would never recommend him to anyone in pain or suffering, he will not care.
in Astoria |
I've had cervical spine pain pain, disc herniation, scoliosis, bulging disc etc for a very long time. I've seen doctors from HSS, from Cornwell Hospital, none of them had the ability to tell me what was it that they could do to ease my pain. After seeng Dr. Goldstein, all my question and most of my problems were answered with in two months. I've had a cervical disc fusion on Dec. 3rd. I'm back to work and no pain on my neck. Anyone who needs answers to neck-back pain Dr. Goldstein is your answer
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein, MD?
Are you Dr. Goldstein?

Compare Dr. Goldstein

Dr. Goldstein's Care Philosophy

Dr. Goldstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• NY Magazine Best Doctors, 2011
    • America's Best Doctors, 2012
    • Best Doctors in New York, 2012

Dr. Goldstein has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Goldstein's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Maryland Spine Fellowship

Completed in 1996

Colgate University

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Goldstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goldstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
  • Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Microdiscectomy