Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jeffrey Gold, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Gold is a Board-Certified Ophthalmologist with over 45 years of experience in eye medicine and surgery with special expertise in laser technology. In fact, he is just one of only 13 ophthalmologists in the United States who specializes exclusively in Epi-LASIK/PRK laser vision correction. Since 1997, he has limited his ophthalmology practice exclusively to Laser Vision Correction, having performedalmost 12,000 Laser Vision Correction procedures by mid 2017. Dr. Gold graduated from Kenyon College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1964. After receiving his medical degree from the University of Tennessee in 1968 he completed his ophthalmology residency at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. After practicing in the New Haven area for over 15 years as an Ophthalmologist, utilizing laser technology in treating eye disease since the early 1980's, he relocated to Salt Lake City, UT in 1991 where he perfected his Laser Vision Correction techniques. Soon after FDA approval of the Excimer Laser in 1995 he began performing laser vision correction in one of the first two laser centers in the United States to offer the procedure. He worked in Salt Lake City from 1991 to 1997 and trained in laser vision correction between 1995 and 1997 under the direction of two of the leaders in the field. Dr. Jeffrey Gold completed Mini-Fellowships in Refractive Surgery at the Casebeer Refractive Surgery Center, Johns Hopkins University, and the Cleveland Eye Clinic. Between 1997 and 2000, he was one of three members of the team that developed the Yale Laser Center. He served as a member of both its Organizational and Medical Advisory Boards. As a former faculty member of the Ophthalmology Departments at Yale University and the University of Utah, he has authored and presented original research on laser surgery. He has personally had refractive surgery to correct his myopia, astigmatism and presbyopia, and has performed refractive surgery for his wife, daughter and two brothers and other immediate family members. For 5 consecutive years, he was honored as one of the "Top 100 Surgeons" by Laser Vision Centers, Inc., "for achieving excellence in refractive surgery." Reaching one of the highest total individual case volumes ranked him among this elite surgeon group. In addition, the Consumers Research Council of America honored Dr. Gold as one of "America's Top Ophthalmologists" for 2004 – 2005. In 2007 and again in 2008 he received the same honor as one of the "Top 100 Surgeons" by Laser Vision Centers, Inc., "for achieving excellence in refractive surgery". For six consecutive years (2008-2013) the U.S. Commerce Association has awarded Liberty Vision their "Best of Hamden" award. The New Haven Advocate Readers have voted Liberty Vision as The Best Place for LASIK in Connecticut for 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017. Dr. Jeffrey Gold is a member of the Connecticut Society of Eye Physicians; a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and a member of its Refractive Surgery Interest Group; a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons; a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the International Society of Refractive Surgery, and a Fellow of the American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery.

2440 Whitney Ave

Hamden, CT 06518

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Gold

We warmly welcome you to Dr. Jeffrey Gold's laser eye surgery center, Liberty Vision. Located in Hamden, Connecticut, this state of the art establishment was founded by Dr. Gold in 2003 to provide safe, life changing laser vision correction procedures.

By mid-2017 he had performed almost 12,000 successful procedures! Dr. Gold is an award-winning surgeon and is considered a super-specialist in his field. There are only 13 ophthalmologists in the United States who exclusively perform the most state-of-the-art laser vision correction procedure called Epi-LASIK or PRK.

What makes Liberty Vision unique is that Dr. Gold cares for his patients from the initial screening right through post-operative care. Most vision correction practices in Connecticut use technicians to do the pre and post-operative care, and the patient only meets the surgeon on the day of the procedure, moments before surgery. You only have two eyes and you deserve personalized care by your surgeon!

Dr. Gold's Experience

Dr. Gold's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Nearsightedness
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Presbyopia

• Epi-LASIK Eye Surgery
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Kenyon College
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Johns Hopkins University/Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Gold has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gold does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gold and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gold's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gold to family and friends
Dr. Gold's Performance
in Oakville, CT |
Dr. Gold did amazing job. He was referend by a friend and I couldn't be happier. From day one dr. Gold was the one who did all my eye exams, was there when I had tons of questions and he answered all of them. His staff is amazing and patient and they all make you feel very comfortable. After my epi lasik surgery dr. Gold was there to check my eyes and see if I heal correctly. I would definitely recommend him to everyone. he is the one you want to take care of your eyes!
I am so happy Dr. Gold personally conducted my free screening, the exam before the surgery, the surgery itself and the many exams after the surgery. He patiently answered all my questions and took care of my eyes as if they were his own. Vicky and Sylvana treated me like family and kindly accommodated my schedule as I was traveling from out of town. Today, my vision is better than 20/20 and I am thrilled with the results! Dr. Gold’s experience and expertise performing EPI-LASIK changed my life!
in Waterbury, CT |
I had Custom Epi-Lasik procedure last year, and I am happy with the results contacts or glasses free and eliminate. Dr. Gold has good knowledge about Lasik. Dr. Gold has a details and Accurate Diagnosis with me. I had appropriate exams before the surgery, and the follow up visits. After the surgery, I have dry eyes. I still need to use eye drop daily. I hope it will improve. Dr. Gold, Vicki and Sylvana are very friendly people. Thank you.
in New Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Gold knows laser vision correction inside and out! I improved my vision to better than 20-20! I met with several Dr's. and chose him over all the others even though they were closer.
Dr. Gold is exceptional as are the rest of his staff. They took the time to explain every step in a way that conveyed the utmost caring and respect for their patients. I am thrilled with my results and the overall process and would highly recommend Liberty Vision
in Stamford, CT |
Dr. Gold was really great. I highly recommend him for anyone who wants the more conservative approach to vision correction (PRK) as opposed to traditional LASIK. PRK is more painful and has a longer recovery time but my results speak for themselves--20/15 in BOTH eyes from 20/400. Thank you Dr. GOLD!
Hartford, CT |
Dr. Gold performed my laser surgery and I think he did a horrible job. He overcorrected one eye and under corrected the other eye. After years of encouraging Lasik surgery, which I strongly opposed, he is now stating that he has switched to Epi-lasik. Lastly, when you contact him for pro-op concerns, he is very rude and indifferent. I would not recommend him to ANYONE!
I would love the opportunity to meet with you to try to solve your problems. Please feel free to contact me at 203-281-5745 to have a cordial conversation and come up with a plan to resolve your issues.
in N Branford |
Dr. Gold and his team are professional and welcoming. I recently had Epi LASIK with 20/15 results... Dr. Gold is a trusted and awarded medical professional in the LASIK / Eye Health industry.
in Hamden, CT |
Dr Gold corrected my very severe nearsightedness with Epi-LASIK. I was very hesitant on doing the procedure but he and his staff were recommended by numerous friends and associates. My procedure was his only focus and he took the time to explain the procedure and exactly what I would be experiencing during it and after. Visits to his office have been the most pleasant experience I have ever had at a doctors office, appointments are held on time and follow up visits are quick and efficient.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Gold, MD?

Visit Dr. Gold