Sleep Medicine  |
Dr. Jeffrey Gitt, DO
Dr. Jeffrey Gitt, DO is a sleep medicine doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Gitt is affiliated with Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center and HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center.

3805 E Bell Rd Ste 2400

Phoenix, AZ 85032

Learn about Dr. Gitt

Providing advanced neurologic assessment and care utilizing state of the art analysis and treatment by board certified and fellowship trained neurology specialists with over 25 years of experience.Patient care is our first priority and our goal is to see and treat you as quickly as possible. In most cases consultations and testing is provided in 24 to 48 hours. We also work with your primary care physician and insurance to coordinate referrals and records needed for your appointment.

Dr. Gitt's Experience

Dr. Gitt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  • Board certified in Neurology

• Sleep Medicine
  • Neurology
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Western Univ Of Health Sciences/College Of Osteopathic Medicine Of The Pacific, Western University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Phoenix Genl Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Georgetown University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Gitt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gitt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gitt to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Gitt's Performance
Phoenix, AZ |
I have never written a negative review about someone so the fact that I am doing so now reflects how concerned I am that Dr. Gitt has peoples lives in his hands. He was extremely condescending toward me and was actually annoyed when I started to cry in his office because of the pain I was in. He angrily threw my images up on the screen and then told me there was nothing he could do for me without even giving an explanation. His agitation got worse when I tried to ask questions. No compassion!
in Phoenix, AZ |
After going to Dr. Gitt for over 10-years, I have had issues good and bad with him. NOW, I will not go back. He does BOTOX injections for my MS every 3 months. While at my last BOTOX injection visit, I told him I needed to talk to him about my MS and issues I was having. He would not let me! He wanted a separate appointment for that. Seven days later, I was in the hospital with a relapse and now have lisp and loss of use of the left side of my mouth. I slobber and can't eat right.
Scottsdale, AZ |
I saw Dr. Gitt regarding migraines. I'm a long-time sufferer and know my history very well--and what does not work for me. I was looking for some new strategies besides heavy medication, which I have been on for years and want to avoid because of all the side effects. But I was very frustrated because he just wanted to push more medication, and was dismissive of my thoughts or opinions about the direction I wan to go in. He just talked over me. I need a doc who cares about me. He's not it.
Phoenix, AZ |
Horrible. Dr. Gitt was only interested in addressing the headache issue; none of the other neurological issues my other physician referred me for. My first visit he held up his hand to me to stop talking like I wasn't supposed to be speaking , really? I thought you worked for me? Since they were not migraine headaches and he couldn't give me Botox injections, he pushed me aside and referred me on to another physician. A complete waste of time and resources.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Gitt is always, always, always on time! I like that. He comes to the door to call the patient himself. He is all business, and has almost a military presence, but he is sincere and an excellent doctor. He conducted a procedure on me that everyone said would be painful--but I felt no pain. He is amazing. He also listens. I am quite pleased with Dr. Gitt's treatment and care.
in Phoenix, AZ |
As a stroke survivor I have seen my fair share of neurologists. All before were less than good experiences. I recently saw Dr. Gitt for ET's & I am 1000% grateful I came to him. An exceptional experience each visit. I highly recommend this practice and staff. Professional, thorough & genuine. I told my family, in any neurological event, he is who I want to see. Period. Thankful. Jennifer H.
in Bagdad, AZ |
Dr. Gift is an excellent neurologist who is very knowledgeable and concise. I am guessing that his terse manner is a reason for some of the more negative reviews here. He is treating me for narcolepsy and, having had conversations with many other narcoleptic people, I consider myself very lucky to have found a doctor that understands the disorder, listens to my concerns, and takes me seriously. I appreciate his to the point manner, and am I would not consider changing doctors.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was suffering from migraines and dizziness. After being seeing by an ENT, I was referred to Dr. Gitt for the migraines, and the pinch in my neck with consequential dizziness when tilting my chin up. The first visit he only addressed the migraines and didn't want to discuss the other issue. It was a joke trying to get notes between him and his nurses and myself. At the next visit when the pinched neck was addressed his response was just don't do it. Seriously?!? Don't waste your time.
in Phoenix, AZ |
First visit, I had to update this doctor with quite a bit of past medical history. He listened & when I got his report from that visit, everything was accurate of past history. My trust grew further when we got back scans & his diagnosis were accurate plus his recommendation for things scan showed that weren't known before. I find this doctor very trustworthy, professional & highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Gitt, DO?
Are you Dr. Gitt?

See our Sleep Medicine Specialist at Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center

Visit Dr. Gitt