Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD

Neurology  ·

Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD is a neurology specialist in Aventura, FL and has been practicing for 27 years. He specializes in neurology and ophthalmology.Read his story

Neuroscience Consultants

Emblem Health
Preferred PPO
Medico
Neighborhood Health Plan

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Gelblum's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gelblum's Top Procedures and Conditions

Tension Headache

Dr. Gelblum treats Tension Headache more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Gelblum treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)

Dr. Gelblum treats Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Gelblum treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy

Dr. Gelblum treats Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy more than 87% of his peers

Dr. Gelblum treats this condition more than 87% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy

• Cranial Trauma
  • Dementia
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dystonia
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Comprehensive medical care in a compassionate and state-of-the-art setting.
We take pride in offering our patients the latest treatments for migraine, seizures, dementia, pain, tremors, and all neurologic disorders. Our affiliation with variou...

• Neurology

4.3

Dr. Gelblum?
Dr. Gelblum's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD
The best thing about Dr. Gelblum is his ability to take the time to listen and to feel your agony and to treat with empathy. He is a God sent to me so I highly recommend him. By the way he has an amazing staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Great office in every respect! Beautiful facility, efficient and kind staff, brilliant doctor with fantastic bedside manner. Have had headaches and insomnia for years, and saw numerous other neurologists. I live in Jupiter, Florida but a friend down in Aventura recommended a visit to Dr. Gelblum. Apparently, he is considered the go-to neurologist there. The doctor takes a thorough history and performs a comprehensive exam... so rare nowadays. Some diagnostic studies were conducted. The doctor then eliminated all my old medications and prescribed one of the brand new monthly injectables. He even sat there and personally enrolled me in a program to limit my co-pay. I am now headache free! The man gave me back my life. P.S. : the little old service dog, Scooter, makes every visit a joy ! You can even follow-up via TeleHealth if you can’t physically make it the appointment. SUPER SUPER SUPER !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Superior online reviews and now I know why. Had some tremors, which every other doctor told me were “benign”. Dr. Gelblum suspected something more serious (Parkinson’s) so arranged for a special scan called a DaT study. Insurance didn’t want to cover it, but Dr. Gelblum and staff went the extra mile to get it authorized. The test came back positive. I am now being treated correctly. After 25 years of practice, this doctor has seen everything. He and staff are kind and attentive. Great office!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Very thorough and holistic in his approach. Does not rush patient. Listens to concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
I was scared about Mom’s memory loss. Her family doc shrugged it off, attributing to “old-age” — but Mom is only 72. A friend sees Dr. Gelblum for headache disorder, and is very satisfied, so I decided to give Gelblum a try. His office staff is great and got us an appointment the next day. After a comprehensive exam and some diagnostic scans, early Alzheimer’s was confirmed. Gelblum enrolled Mom in a new drug study to deactivate the plaques. We now have answers, action, and hope. Best doc ever.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Dr. Gelblum has provided my neurologic care for over 20 years. His thorough diagnoses help me with my Neuropathy , depression and bi-polar disorder. He always has the latest treatments and thoroughly explains them and is willing to try different treatments to find the most effective while some other doctors just give you lip service on your visits and collect their payment sending you on your way just to repeat the same thing in 30 or 60 days. Not so with doctor Gelblum... He truly cares.
Thank you, Michael, for this wonderful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Gelblum since 2007 when I started suffering from what he correctly diagnosed as “Cluster Headaches” even though several other doctors before him misdiagnosed my condition. Dr. Gelblum is an outstanding specialist. He is also a brilliant general purpose physician and perhaps equally as important, an incredibly kind and caring professional with a great bedside manner ! Simply put, there is none better than Dr. Gelblum and I am lucky that he is my doctor!
Dear Jeff, Thanks for the glowing endorsement....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Have had a bad spine for years, and recently injured my low back. A spine surgeon recommended an operation. A friend recommended Dr. Gelblum, and I am eternally grateful. Dr. Gelblum’s amazing staff got me an immediate appointment. The doctor’s kindness, expertise, and experience are beyond compare — over 20 years in practice. After a thorough exam, he prescribed a comprehensive plan of physiotherapy and non-narcotic meds. No surgery! Now I am fine. Thanks Dr. Gelblum for restoring my life.
Hi Roberto, glad to hear that you are feeling...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Best neurologist all around! My mom was having mini-strokes. Her primary doctor couldn’t find out why (heart, lungs, blood vessels were all normal. Cholesterol and blood pressure fine.) Despite taking aspirin, she was getting sicker and sicker. The doctor has a great bedside manner and his staff is friendly and attentive. He discovered a blood protein abnormality which he was able to reverse with a special vitamin. Mom is now doing great. We owe her life to Dr. Gelblum. HIGHLY RECOMMEND !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Really helped my wife.s “chemobrain”, after a course of immunotherapy for lung cancer. Dr. Gelblum is considered one of South Florida,’s top neurologists, and now I know why. My wife had received one of the new immunotherapy agents for cancer. Unfortunately, it left her with some dementia symptoms. Dr. Gelblum was quick to recognize this syndrome, and started her on a medication brain-stimulating regimen that restored her memory and cognition. The man is caring and amazing! Office staff super.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Dr. Gelblum helped me with my horrible headaches when no one else could. He took the time to figure out every detail, and then created a specific regimen, which relied on natural vitamins, and just a small dose of inexpensive prescription medication. His bedside manner is great; the staff is excellent. There is even a little service dog name Scooter to make you feel right at home. They do TeleHealth encounters, so you don't have to miss work to see the doctor in follow-up. Highly Recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
This compassionate and caring doctor took,a lot of time and energy to work through my long headache history, and develop a treatment regimen that finally works -- where other neurologists had failed. His bedside manner is great, and the staff is friendly and efficient. His little service dog, Scooter, helps everyone feel at home in this warm and inviting office. My follow-up visits are now conducted via TeleHealth; so I don't have to miss work to visit the doctor. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Dr. Gelblum is not only very knowledgeable in his field but also very intuitive and a great doctor all around. Something difficult to find these days. I highly recommend him. R. Iverson Miami, FL
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
I have been with Dr Gelblum for a number of years would never dream of looking for another practice. He is always spot on and very caring every time I am there. The office manger of the Aventura office has helped me above and beyond from the moment I started there. Caroline really is the heart of the office. The staff is very caring as well. Care and caring are a huge part of a medical practice. Linda Hallandale Fl
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Dr Gelblum is a true innovator. In addition to being a great neurologist, he is always searching for new ways to accomodate his patients' needs. Dr. Gelblum has done a great job in controlling my migraines with medication that needs periodic follow-up. Unfortunately, it is often difficult for me to to take time off from work for my scheduled appointments. Dr. Gelblum has launched a TeleHealth App which permits a virtual appointment from my smartphone to his desktop. Fantastic!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Dr.Gelblum is the best doctor and neurologist I have ever seen and met.He is very nice with his patients and takes the time to explain you everything and send you the correct medication and exams. I totally recommend him as the best doctor I have ever had in my life. He is just amazing and very honest. If you need a good neurologist please do not even think about it just go to see Dr Gelblum the best..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
I have muscle spasms, which more recently started to involve my vocal cords, making my work and social life very difficult. The meds I was taking were no longer working, and higher doses made me drowsy. I heard about Dr Gelblum, and made an appointment. This neurologist is a true gentleman, with great bedside manner and excellent staff. Dr Gelblum recommended medical marijuana which is helping my condition. Limb and vocal tremors are better, and I am reducing my meds. Highly recommend !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
I am currently treating with Dr Gelblum for lifelong seizure disorder. I have gone through multiple anti-seizure medications and have developed numerous side effects. Dr. Gelblum recommended that I try CBD -- medicinal marijuana now legal in Florida. I am happy to report that CBD has reduced my seizure frequency, and I am regaining my life. I am very grateful to have found a forward-thinking physician like Dr Gelblum. I highly recommend. His staff is very helpful and friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
I found Dr Gelblum personable and thoughtful. But, I am sorry to say that the staff who answer his calls and do his billing are horrible. I tried to arrange a PET scan for two weeks, and had to cancel two appointments due to their incompetence. I think that the doctor is a very intelligent doctor and I would like to stay with him but they have so far made this impossible.
Dear Patient, I am sorry to hear about the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?
Dr. Gelblum told me there wasn't time to complete a nerve conduction study the day of my exam and I needed to do it the next day. I asked his office manager Carolina Garcia if there was any way the test could be done then, so I could start treatment sooner to relieve my pain. She consulted with technician David Garcia and they decided to try it - and he was able to finish it in time. He even called his wife to pick up their child so he could stay and complete the test on me. What service!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gelblum?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gelblum treats patients.

Compare Providers