Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD

Neurology  |
39 reviews

Jeff Gelblum, MD is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and specializes in degenerative brain disease. He is senior partner and board member of one of the nation's largest neurology practices. Dr Gelblum possesses over 20 years experience in treating individuals suffering from cerebral dysfunction caused by head trauma, strokes, dementia, and underlying illnesses. He has held numerous academic and hospital positions, and served on government and industry advisory boards. He enjoys hosting medical students in his active teaching clinic, and travels frequently around the country giving educational lectures to colleagues. A long-standing forensic component to his practice assures unsurpassed expertise with regard to the medico-legal matters which often confront a brain-injured person. His office utilizes sophisticated diagnostic modalities including, MRI, PET scans, neurophysiology, and psychometric testing to identify subtle disturbances of attention, cognition, and behavior which can impair an individual's mental and physical capabilities. He is a proponent of clinical investigation and treatment regarding therapeutic use of Medical Marijuana. Advanced analysis of cerebral dysfunction due to sports injuries is an important focus of his clinical practice. Patients are referred from thought the United States and overseas to seek Dr. Gelblum's advanced neurological care. The friendly and experienced office staff are eager to assist patients from all walks of life who require complex evaluation and treatment. Their office environment is particularly geared toward providing sophisticated care in a state-of-the-art and thoroughly private environment. The office is conveniently located in northeast Miami-Dade, halfway between Miami International and Ft Lauderdale Airports. Dr Gelblum looks forward to welcoming anyone experiencing a decline in memory, mood, or functionality due to a suspected brain injury....See Less

AAA Neuroscience Consultants, LLC

• EmblemHealth
  • Medico
  • Neighborhood Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Gelblum

Comprehensive medical care in a compassionate and state-of-the-art setting.

We take pride in offering our patients the latest treatments for migraine, seizures, dementia, pain, tremors, and all neurologic disorders. Our affiliation with various research studies offers you access to the latest experimental protocols.

Specific certification in CBD recommendation, Accupuncture, vitamin/herbal therapy, and other alternative modalities offer you wide access to effective alternative modalities of treatment.

Dr. Gelblum's Experience

Dr. Gelblum's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Cranial Trauma
  • Dementia
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dystonia
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• University of Miami
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • University of Miami
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Gelblum has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Gelblum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gelblum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Gelblum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gelblum to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Gelblum Says:

Dr Gelblum and his staff always strive to provide you with the finest diagnostic and clinical services anywhere. If you are happy with our care please post a favorable review here. If for some reason, you are dissatisfied, please let us know at the time of your visit, and we will make every effort to correct the situation. Our reputation rests upon your good care!

Dr. Gelblum's Performance
in Miami, FL |
Dr.Gelblum is the best doctor and neurologist I have ever seen and met.He is very nice with his patients and takes the time to explain you everything and send you the correct medication and exams. I totally recommend him as the best doctor I have ever had in my life. He is just amazing and very honest. If you need a good neurologist please do not even think about it just go to see Dr Gelblum the best..
in Miami Beach, FL |
Dr. Gelblum is a true professional, very experience and extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him, as I have too many friends and family, with the highest degree of confidence.
in Miami, FL |
I have muscle spasms, which more recently started to involve my vocal cords, making my work and social life very difficult. The meds I was taking were no longer working, and higher doses made me drowsy. I heard about Dr Gelblum, and made an appointment. This neurologist is a true gentleman, with great bedside manner and excellent staff. Dr Gelblum recommended medical marijuana which is helping my condition. Limb and vocal tremors are better, and I am reducing my meds. Highly recommend !!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I am currently treating with Dr Gelblum for lifelong seizure disorder. I have gone through multiple anti-seizure medications and have developed numerous side effects. Dr. Gelblum recommended that I try CBD -- medicinal marijuana now legal in Florida. I am happy to report that CBD has reduced my seizure frequency, and I am regaining my life. I am very grateful to have found a forward-thinking physician like Dr Gelblum. I highly recommend. His staff is very helpful and friendly.
I found Dr Gelblum personable and thoughtful. But, I am sorry to say that the staff who answer his calls and do his billing are horrible. I tried to arrange a PET scan for two weeks, and had to cancel two appointments due to their incompetence. I think that the doctor is a very intelligent doctor and I would like to stay with him but they have so far made this impossible.
Dear Patient, I am sorry to hear about the scheduling problem for your PET scan. We scheduled a PET scan at Elite Imaging for 12/8/16. Elite failed to obtain the authorization (beyond our control). You then rescheduled the test at West Boca Medical Center closer to your home, where we re-faxed your records. Authorization was then re-obtained at West Boca Medical, and when our receptionist, Kathy, called you to confirm your appointment, you cancelled and refused to reschedule.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gelblum told me there wasn't time to complete a nerve conduction study the day of my exam and I needed to do it the next day. I asked his office manager Carolina Garcia if there was any way the test could be done then, so I could start treatment sooner to relieve my pain. She consulted with technician David Garcia and they decided to try it - and he was able to finish it in time. He even called his wife to pick up their child so he could stay and complete the test on me. What service!
Aventura, Florida |
Brilliant,Compassionate, Gets to Solution Extremely FAST! Truly an Expert! HUMBLE Professional
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Gelblum is an exceptional physician! His office administrator Carolina Varriale Garcia is extremely professional and an asset to his practice. His front office staff is wonderful. Rodny Thompson and Emily Perez are Superfine!
in Miami Beach, FL |
I have been to see Dr. Gelblum for three different health issues. When no one else could find what was wrong Dr. Gelblum identified the problems. I recently had a terrible pain in my arm that was truly unbearable. His lovely assistant, Emily, put me in a room to lay down. Dr. Gelblum immediately diagnosed me with Shingles! He is a genius, the best diagnostic Doctor, and and incredibly caring doctor. To have such faith in a Doctor is so reassuring. I am lucky to have found him.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Gelblum assisted in diagnosing and treating my father who has dementia. He is thorough, smart, and attentive. He is also extremely caring and genuine. I could not be happier with him by my side during this difficult road of having aging and sickly parent. I recommend him 100 percent.
in Miami, FL |
After a viral illness, I experienced stinging and burning in my right arm. An orthopedic consultation, recommended spine surgery for a "bulging disc". This would have benched me for the entire season. The team doctor recommended a neurological consultation with Dr. Gelblum, and I am so thankful. Dr. Gelblum found the problem to be from a nerve 'plexus' of my arm, and not at all from my neck. I completed a course of physiotherapy and am 100% better. He and his entire staff deserve a trophy.
in South Miami, FL |
Dr. Gelblum was suggested by several friends who believe that he is the best in town, and now I see why. I had bad leg pain for many years. I had previously seen a spine doctor who told me that it was due to a pinched lumbar nerve and that I required surgery. Dr Gelblum's exam was thorough and skillful. He discovered that my pain was unrelated to my spine and related to my cholesterol medication. He switched that around, and I am pain-free. Bedside manner great; staff excellent. Recommend!!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Super diagnostician, and amazing human being! Cured my spasms by recommending a new CBD regimen, and I am now able to wean off my prescription pain medications. I was in a bad car accident years ago, and have been suffering ever since. Now, I am so much better. His staff is kind and accommodating. The doctor has an amazing personality and bedside manner. I highly recommend.
Miami, FL |
Would give 0 stars if I could. He was the worst doctor that I've ever been to. He was arrogant, condescending and cut me off while I was talking. He was the most unempathetic individual I've ever met and that is not what you want for as your doctor. No person deserves to have a doctor like this.
in Miami, FL |
Super neurologist! Helped control my disabling migraines when no one else could. I highly recommend. Office staff is very kind, professional, and efficient.
in Miami Gardens, FL |
This doctor is the best. He asks questions about his patients and will easily and quickly diagnose. He always says if there are any problems don't hesitate to call. I truly feel comfortable with him, glad I found him.
in Miami, FL |
In my opinion, the best in his field.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Super diagnostician with excellent and helpful office staff. I came to Dr. Gelblum after visiting several other neurologists. I was experiencing a horrible headache disorder which was causing me to miss work and was taking time away from my family. Dr. Gelblum undertook some comprehensive testing which revealed an underlying blood inflammation. This problem was quickly treated and I am now headache-free. This physician is highly knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner.
in Aventura, FL |
Doctor Gelblum is a rare breed of physicians as he is not only extremely competent and professional, but he truly cares about his patients who are not just numbers. He also has an unbelievable sense of humor, which always make the experience even better. Although he is a neurologist, he is my go to guy for everything health related. Additionally, he has a great office staff that shows that they also care about their patients! A+++ all the way around!
Excellent diagnostician and very caring neurologist, with super efficient staff. Great bedside manner. Super diagnostician who came highly recommended from another doctor, as well as some family friends. Definitely worth making an appointment. Recently relocated from New York, and needed some follow-up in Miami. Dr Gelblum is certainly on par with the best in New York City, and elsewhere.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Gelblum, MD?

Visit Dr. Gelblum

Aventura, FL 33180
Mount Sinai Medical Center
4300 Alton Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33140

More Neurology Specialists like Dr. Gelblum at AAA Neuroscience Consultants, LLC

Dr. Raul Grosz, MD