Dr. Jeffrey Fronza, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Fronza, MD

Gastroenterological Surgery  |
Northwestern Surgical Associates (NSA) is a multispecialty surgical practice affiliated with Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine. Our surgeons have been in practice at and have been on the teaching faculty of Northwestern Memorial Hospital for over 40 years. NSA surgeons have repeatedly been named "Top Doctors" by Castle-Connoly, Chicago Magazine, and other professional organizations. We are committed to continuing our tradition of exceptional care for the residents of Chicago, the outlying suburbs, and beyond.The wide breadth of training and practice of our surgeons allows NSA to offer subspecialty expertise in abdominal wall hernias, bariatric surgery, breast cancer, colorectal surgery, and gastrointestinal disorders. We preferentially utilize minimally-invasive approaches, as this allows our patients to resume normal activity in the shortest time possible.The surgeons at Northwestern Surgical Associates strongly believe in open communication between physician and patient. Patients are treated with the same respect and compassion as a member of our family. Our goal is to provide professional, personalized, and prompt care. At NSA we are highly visible and intensely involved in our patient's care from the preoperative consultation through the postoperative visit.

676 N Saint Clair St Ste 1525

• Cofinity
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Fronza

Dr. Fronza's Experience

Dr. Fronza's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterological Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Fronza "Dr. Fronza believes that clear explanations of complex gastrointestinal problems help patients better understand the particular issue for which they see him in consultation. He also believes that a warm bedside manner sets the tone for a productive doctor/patient relationship. As a surgeon, Dr. Fronza strives for superior functional and oncologic results by utilizing advanced laparoscopic techniques."

• Gastroenterological Surgery

• Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gallbladder Diseases
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hiatal Hernia
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer

• Acid Reflux Surgery
  • Adrenalectomy
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Distal Pancreatectomy
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Revision of Gastric Anastomosis or Restrictive Procedure
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Thoracentesis

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Brown University / Alpert Medical School
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Oregon Health & Science University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Fronza has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fronza does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fronza and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fronza's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fronza to family and friends
Dr. Fronza Says:

Thanks to all my patients for the reviews. Social media for good and for bad helps patients connect with physicians. I hope that these reviews will allow patients that I can help with their surgical problem find their way to me.

Dr. Fronza's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Fronza is absolutely wonderful. He is very responsive and caring. Both my husband and I had outpatient procedures done by Dr. Fronza and we had nothing but a positive experience.
in Chicago |
Excellent surgeon, communication, follow up.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Fronza is a terrific doctor with a great bedside manner. We even had a few laughs. He was quickly able to determine that the issue I have is not an umbilical hernia, but a different less serious issue that does not require surgery. Can't say enough about his willingness to find out enough about me and my lifestyle to offer a simple solution.
Chicago, IL |
Excellent bedside manner. Made sure to explain the procedure, and what for me to expect prior to, during and of course post operative. My post procedure check up, was a trip. I showed up early, they got me right back, where i thought i would have to wait for Dr there, nope. I was in and out before my original appt. time. lol
in Rolling Prairie IN |
I was very scared to have surgery and put it off for a long time. When I finally had no choice but to have surgery Dr. Fronza was very understanding of my concerns and put me at ease. He was skilled at the surgery and I had no complications. But what meant the most to me was his wonderful bedside manner and helping me overcome my fears! After the surgery I was dealing with some nausea and reached out to Dr. Fronza. I was surprised when he emailed me back almost immediately and told me to contac
Surgery is always stressful for a patient. My job is to make a patient feel comfortable, perform a technically excellent operation, and ensure that patients experience a smooth recovery.
Chicago, IL |
Excellent doctor. My surgery was scheduled quickly and went very well.
in Park Ridge, IL |
Dr. Fronza has performed several of my surgeries (due to a condition the causes scar tissue to form easier and faster than it does for others). Not only are his surgical skills above and beyond, but I find his personality helps to comfort me while undergoing each procedure; and I wish more doctors had his approach to medicine. He's my go-to guy for any questions, even answers my questions that are not surgery related or related to his specific field. I've been spoiled by his treatment.
Thank you for your kind words!
Chicago, IL |
Dr Fronza assisted me in changing my life. Through weight loss surgery, he provided the tool that I needed to play with my children again, be social again and so much more. He is very knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. He mad me feel very comfortable with the procedure and the aftercare. He works with the Northwestern Digestive Health team so you get the benefit of working with a inter-disc team of a dietitian, psychologist, and internist along with Dr Fronza's surgical expertise.
Bariatric surgery can truly be a life-changing operation.
in Chicago, IL |
Kind, great bedside manner...and great surgeon.
in Clinton, WI |
Dr. Fronza was one of the best surgeons i have had the pleasure to meet. He was always concerned about any issues i had, he always had time to meet with me one on one, and his bedside manner after surgery was excellent. It was easy to contact him whenever i had a problem, and he responded to all of my emails promptly.
Thanks Brittney! It has been great taking care of you.
I was admitted to Northwestern under another surgeons care regarding my gallbladder. I chose to switch doctors and Dr. Fronza took great card of me. He took my gallbladder out laparoscopicly & I went home the same day. I've been great ever since. ??
I am happy you had such a smooth recovery.
in Demotte, IN |
I saw Dr. Fronza for a paraesophageal hernia after being referred by my local family practice doctor. He fully explained my condition and presented treatment options. Together we decided that surgery was my best option. Dr. Fronza Is exceptional at explaining procedures and is a very kind and compassionate physician. I have highly recommended him to many friends and coworkers.
in Chicago, IL |
I first met with Dr. Fronza to discuss bariatric surgery in August 2015. He expertly guided me through the process and ultimately I had Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in February 2016. My whole experience has been wonderful and would recommend Dr. Fronza to anyone considering a bariatric procedure. He is always kind and courteous and responded to my emails with a few hours.
You have done an incredible job!
in Chicago, IL |
I came to Dr. Fronza through Northwestern Memorial search of surgeons that specialized in Gastric Bypass surgery. He was THE BEST! I met with him and instantly knew he was the one to go on this journey with. He responded to every email or call within a day or less. I felt an instant comfort with him and valued his opinion on my choice. His staff are just as attentive. My surgery went great and my aftercare has been wonderful. I would recommend him to anyone and am grateful I found him.
Thanks Ms. Fried. I do find that timely patient communication, especially with bariatric patients, is key!
in Chicago, Illinois |
I was suffering from a failed Nissen Fundoplication for 6 months under a different doctor's care. I had taken matters in my own hands and found Dr. Fronza!!!! One week from consult to surgery is all he had taken. I even switched my general physician to Northwestern Hospital group. Thank you Dr. Fronza!!!!!!
Revisional surgery is challenging for the patient and for the surgeon. I am so happy that we were successful!
in Marion, IL |
Excellent physician and surgeon. I had a very complicated surgical problem dealing with the removal of my Koch Pouch and the creation of an end ileostomy. He is a good man -- took the time to meet with me, evaluate my condition, and explain what he could do for me. Prior to my surgery he made himself available to answer any questions. His staff is equally excellent. He fixed me...
While your surgery was a challenge, you were a joy to take care of.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Fronza, MD?

See our Gastroenterological Surgery Specialist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Visit Dr. Fronza