Dr. Jeffrey Frank, MD

Neurocritical Care | Male

Dr. Jeffrey Frank, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Frank, MD is a neurocritical care doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Frank is affiliated with The University of Chicago Medical Center.

Dr. Frank's Care Philosophy

I am a thoughtful listener and am committed to full educating patients with understandable language - to help them make the best choices. I underatnd that the doctor-patient relationship is built on trust, and this can only be achieved with time and honest discourse. I am very responsive to my patients and their families. I answer call in a timely manner. I understand the anxieties that people experience when encountering neurological problems. I am always respectful of my patients, treating them with empathy, compassion, and dignity.

Dr. Frank's Experience

See how Dr. Frank's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Frank

Dr. Frank accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Frank is now accepting new patients
    Neurology Clinic5758 S Maryland Ave # 4D
    Chicago, IL 60637
    (773) 702-6222Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Frank has admitting privileges.

Dr. Frank's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
    Dr. Frank Says:

Thank you for providing feedback to the care I and my team has provided. We value your honest input so that we can always strive to do better. Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific concerns you would like to discuss.

Are you Dr. Frank?

Dr. Frank's Care Philosophy

Dr. Frank says...

I am board certified in neurology with subspecialty board certification in vascular neurology (stroke) and neurocritical care (life threatening neurological and neurosurgical problems). I am one of the founders of the field of neurocritical care in the United States - dedicated to caring for patients with the most extreme neurological conditions. These include disorders such as traumatic brain injury, intracerebral hemorrhage, ischemic stroke, brain infections, meningitis,encephalitis, status epilepticus, hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy, coma, Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, brain swelling, intracranial hypertension, hydrocephalus, brain tumors, myasthenia gravis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, ALS with rerspiratory failure, and transverse myelitis.

I have built two of the most reputable neurocritical care programs in the country, and have trained hundreds of physicians over my 30 years since completing medical school. In addition to being a committed clinician and educator, I have been a highly productive clinical researcher that has changed clinical practice through my research findings.

I travel all over the world to see patients with extreme neurological conditions and help guide them and their families through crises.

Dr. Frank says...

I am a highly skilled examiner of the nervous systems. Some of the unique tests I perform include transcranial Doppler ultrasound and insertion of intracranial pressure monitors.

Dr. Frank says...

Dr. Frank's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurocritical Care
    •  Board certified in Vascular Neurology
    •  Sanctions found

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Dr. Frank has received 2 sanctions

• Arrested on criminal charges- no conviction yet (1/19/2017)
      • Action Taken: License Reinstatement with Restrictions and/or Terms and Conditions
      • Summary: Frank, Jeffrey I MD: License # 036075689: JANUARY 19, 2017- LICENSE REINSTATEMENT: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation RESTORED the physician's license to Indefinite PROBATION with Work Restrictions for a minimum of three years.
      • State: Illinois
      • Arrested on criminal charges- no conviction yet (5/19/2014)
      • Action Taken: Suspension
      • Summary: Frank, Jeffrey I MD: License # 036075689: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician has been arrested by Deerfield Police Department for public indecency. ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation has temporarily SUSPENDED for a minimum of 12 months.
      • State: Illinois

• Diplopia
    • Epilepsy
    • Essential Tremor
    • Hydrocephalus
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Seizure Disorders
    • Stroke
    • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
    • Subdural Hemorrhage
    • Syncope
    • Thrombosis
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Vasculitis

Massachusetts General Hospital

Completed in 1991

University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Frank does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frank and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurocritical Care