Dr. Jeffrey Earhart, MD

Orthopedic Trauma Surgery | Male

OrthoIllinois 324 Roxbury Rd Rockford, IL 61107 Get Directions
Dr. Jeffrey Earhart, MD
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am originally from the Chicago area, and I earned my dual B.S. degrees in biomedical engineering and electrical engineering at Duke University's Pratt School of Engineering in Durham, North Carolina. I began my post-graduate studies at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, obtaining my medical degree in 2007. Following graduation, I pursued my orthopaedic residency training at the McGaw Medical Center at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. This included level-one trauma experience at three medical centers: Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Children's Memorial Hospital (now the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago), and the John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County. Following residency, I completed a one-year training program, or fellowship, in orthopaedic trauma surgery at MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. In addition to my clinical interests, I am active in many aspects of medical education. I have delivered several lectures on a variety of trauma topics and authored multiple orthopaedic research articles, abstracts, and textbook chapters. I am particularly passionate about resident education and am currently affiliated with the Residency Program at Rush University Medical Center. In addition to my professional commitments, I stay active through running, biking, and playing sports. I am an avid fan of the Chicago Bears, Bulls, and Cubs. I also enjoy music, movies, and spending time with my family. Please contact me if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available. I am looking forward to meeting with you.

Dr. Earhart's Care Philosophy

No one wakes up in the morning expecting to be involved in an accident. I take very seriously the responsibility of providing compassionate, high-quality orthopaedic care to my patients in their unanticipated time of need. My practice is primarily focused on the operative treatment of general limb fractures, peri-articular fractures, complex fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum (hip socket), peri-prosthetic fractures, and the treatment of multiply injured patients. My practice also includes limb salvage treatment for fracture malunions, nonunions, and infections.

Dr. Earhart's Experience

See how Dr. Earhart's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Earhart

Dr. Earhart accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Earhart is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Earhart has admitting privileges.

Dr. Earhart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Earhart to family and friends
Dr. Earhart's Performance
in Rockford, IL |
Dr Earhart was very nice to work with when I broke my leg. He was very professional and explained things in a way that helped me understand what was going on with the progress of my healing and how my treatment would progress.
in SOUTH BELOIT,IL. |
I feel without DR. Earhart I would have lost my right ankle. I highly recommend him as an orthopedic surgeon,he went to great lenghths to make me better. he works well with his staff. thank you DR. Earhart.
in GENOA, IL. |
I HAVE NEVER MEET A MORE CARING SURGEON. HE REALLY LISTENS TO THE PATIENT AND ADDRESSES ALL OF THERE CONCERNS. A TRULEY PERSONABLE SURGEON! HE DID AN EXCELLENT SURGERY ON MY SHATTERED PELVIS, I FEEL IF IT WASN'T FOR HIS EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS I WOULD'T BE WALKING TODAY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE IN NEED OF ORTHO SURGERY! FOREVER GRATEFUL MARK HAYES
in Roscoe, IL |
Yesterday marked the 1 year anniversary of my ankle surgery done by Dr. Earhart . He did an amazing job! After basically shattering my left ankle and dislocating my tibia I had my doubts I would ever be the same. 1 year later I'm riding my bike 15 to 20 miles 2 to 3 days a week and walking a mile every morning. Did I mention I'm 64! He's a gifted surgeon and an amazing man! I owe him everything!! I did exactly what he told me, non weight bearing for 3 months .. Very hard, but a great outcome! ??
Very nice and caring
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Earhart, MD?
Are you Dr. Earhart?

Compare Dr. Earhart

Dr. Earhart says...

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare.  I am originally from the Chicago area, and I earned my dual B.S. degrees in biomedical engineering and electrical engineering at Duke University's Pratt School of Engineering in Durham, North Carolina.  I began my post-graduate studies at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, obtaining my medical degree in 2007.  Following graduation, I pursued my orthopaedic residency training at the McGaw Medical Center at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.  This included level-one trauma experience at three medical centers: Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Children's Memorial Hospital (now the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago), and the John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County.  Following residency, I completed a one-year training program, or fellowship, in orthopaedic trauma surgery at MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio.

In addition to my clinical interests, I am active in many aspects of medical education.  I have delivered several lectures on a variety of trauma topics and authored multiple orthopaedic research articles, abstracts, and textbook chapters.  I am particularly passionate about resident education and am currently affiliated with the Residency Program at Rush University Medical Center.

In addition to my professional commitments, I stay active through running, biking, and playing sports.  I am an avid fan of the Chicago Bears, Bulls, and Cubs.  I also enjoy music, movies, and spending time with my family.

Please contact me if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois.  My goal is to provide you the best medical care available. I am looking forward to meeting with you.

Dr. Earhart's Care Philosophy

No one wakes up in the morning expecting to be involved in an accident.  I take very seriously the responsibility of providing compassionate, high-quality orthopaedic care to my patients in their unanticipated time of need.  My practice is primarily focused on the operative treatment of general limb fractures, peri-articular fractures, complex fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum (hip socket), peri-prosthetic fractures, and the treatment of multiply injured patients.   My practice also includes limb salvage treatment for fracture malunions, nonunions, and infections.

Dr. Earhart says...

Pelvic and acetabulum fractures

Complex periarticular fractures of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle

Fracture malunion/nonunion repair and limb salvage surgery

Treatment of bone infections

Complex fracture care for polytraumatized patients

Dr. Earhart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Earhart has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Earhart's Board Certifications

• Ankle Fracture
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Metrohealth Medical Center

Completed in 2013

Duke University Pratt School of Engineering

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Earhart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Earhart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Trauma Surgery