Dr. Jeffrey S. DeLo, MD

Dr. Jeffrey S. DeLo, MD

Hematology | Male | 50 years old

My approach to patient is care is very individualized and patient focused. I recognize all patients have their own beliefs and wishes regarding their care. All my care plans are individualized based on patient's overall health, age, and goals. I am happy to guide patients through the decision making process. I like to explore options then choose what we both think is the best option. I want to be someone you can trust and rely on. There is no reason for me to be anything but completely honest with you. I will be there for you during your illness, so there is no reason to make promises I cannot keep. I am always available to see you in the office if you are having problems. Finally, I want to cure you of your cancer. I am willing to be creative and do everything possible to cure cancer. This may involve not just chemotherapy, but radiation, cyberknife, surgery, ablative procedures, interventional radiology, clinical research trials, and second opinions.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. DeLo's Experience

See how Dr. DeLo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. DeLo

Dr. DeLo accepts 38 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. DeLo has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. DeLo's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (3)
Dr. DeLo Says:

To my patients,

I strive on a daily basis to provide you with the best care to the best of my ability. I am always careful to listen to complaints and concerns. I always try to respect your wishes and involve you in decisions about your care.

in spaulpa, OK |
I am a current patient of Dr. Delo. I have been so blessed to have him as my Dr. He makes you feel like you are his only patient. He will address all your concerns and not make you feel like you are being rushed out the door. He is very soft spoken, talks gently to my family and speaks in terms I can understand. I would recommend his care to anyone. If my family needed an oncologist he would be who I sent them to.
Stillwater, OK |
I have recommended Dr. DeLo to others. He is an outstanding doctor who is competent and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey S. DeLo, MD?
Are you Dr. DeLo?

Compare Dr. DeLo

Dr. DeLo says...

Jeffrey S. DeLo MD is from Morgantown, West Virginia. He attended West Virginia University and earned his undergraduate degree Magna Cum Laude in Political Science at the same time he was taking advanced science classes such as organic chemistry, embryology and comparative anatomy. He attended medical school at West Virginia University and completed a 3 year Internal Medicine residency at York Hospital in York, Pennsylvania. Following his Internal Medicine residency, he completed a 3 year combined fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. At Hershey Medical Center he received additional training in hemophilia and bone marrow transplantation.

Following his fellowship he was appointed the Director of the Patterson Cancer Care Center in Coudersport, PA and worked full time practicing hematology, oncology, and internal medicine. During his time as director of the Patterson Cancer Care Center, the cancer center incorporated clinical research trials and radiation oncology into its multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of cancer. His cancer center has scored consistently in the upper 95th percentile on national patient satisfaction scores. He served as head of the hospital's Investigational Review Board (IRB), the Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee, the hospital's Board of Directors, and was a Rotary club member. He also volunteered as Medical Director of the hospital's hospice program.

In 2008, after relocating his family to Bartlesville, OK, he joined Cancer Care Associates (CCA). After becoming a full partner in Cancer Care Associates, the practice changed its name to Tulsa Cancer Institute and began the construction of a 60 million dollar multidisciplinary cancer center. At the Tulsa Cancer Institute he serves on the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee. He has hospital privileges at St. John, Hillcrest, OSU, St. Francis hospitals.

He is married to his wife Larissa, a dentist practicing part time in Bartlesville, OK. Together they have four children, 3 girls and a boy (three older sisters, poor kid) and reside in Midtown, Tulsa. Their children play a variety of sports (volleyball, softball, swimming, basketball) enjoy music (violin, piano) and attend school at Booker T Washington, Marquette and Cascia Hall.

Jeffrey S. DeLo MD presently holds board certifications in four areas of medicine, including Internal Medicine, Hematology, Oncology, and Hospice/Palliative Care Medicine.

Dr. DeLo's Care Philosophy

Breast Cancer

I am very cautious when making a decision to administer chemotherapy to early stage breast cancer patients with a high likely of cure from surgery alone. I feel I have spared many patients potential long term side effects of chemotherapy when the benefit of chemotherapy was small.

Colorectal Cancer

I am very careful to monitor patients for numbness and tingling (neuropathy) in the fingers and toes as a complication of chemotherapy.

Lung Cancer

I am advocate of initiation of chemotherapy as soon as feasible in all lung cancer patients. I advocate a multidiscplinary approach in their care.

Prostate Cancer

I am careful to weigh the benefits and risks of treatment. Many patients with metastatic prostate cancer can be treated with alternatives to chemotherapy for long periods of time.

Head and Neck Cancer

I advocate chemotherapy to shrink head and neck cancers prior to radiation. I fell this makes the radiation more effective and likely increases the chances of curing patients.

To my patients,

That being said, there are times when I run behind or fail to communicate as effectively as you would like. I apologize for this. Please keep in mind I am always striving to do better. When I run behind it is almost exclusively the result of spending extra time with a patient who is experiencing a difficult time in their illness. If and when you need extra time, I will be there for you.

I appreciate your feedback. It is very gratifying to hear positive words and encouragement. If there are areas I need to work on, please let me know as well.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey DeLo MD

Dr. DeLo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Hematology
  •  Board certified in Hematology, Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. DeLo has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. DeLo's Board Certifications

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lymphocytosis
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Malignant Histiocytosis
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

Completed in 1996

Penn St U-Hershey Med Ctr
    West Virginia University

Graduated in 1989

Dr. DeLo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. DeLo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hematology
  • Hospice & Palliative Medicine
  • Medical Oncology
  • Oncology

• Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Thoracentesis

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.