Colon & Rectal Surgery  |
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Canton, GA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Northside Hospital, WellStar North Fulton Hospital, Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Northside Hospital Cherokee and Wellstar Kennestone Hospital.

460 Northside Cherokee Blvd Ste 140

Canton, GA 30115

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen's Experience

Dr. Cohen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctosigmoidopexy With Robotic Assistance

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Eastern Virginia Medical School Of The Medical College Of Hampton Roads
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • University Of California San Diego
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • University Of California San Diego
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Lahey Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Cohen's Performance
in Woodstock GA |
Dr Cohen did my illeostamy reversal. It went great. Dr Cohen has great follow up skills. He listens and has great bedside manners. Very skilled surgeon and will tell you straight up what the problem is. He will call you on his personal cell phone and you can call him as well.
in Kennesaw, GA |
Dr. Cohen is THE BEST!!! He truly cares about his patients, and the staff at Northside Cherokee deeply respects him. He does all that he can to ensure the very best experience & outcome for every patient and every caregiver. Dr. Cohen is honest & candid, and he thoughtfully guides his patients through every detail of their health concern. I am most grateful for his patience and professionalism in dealing with my other physicians. I heartily recommend Dr. Cohen and his wonderful office staff!
espanola, nm |
I was extremely impressed with my care from Dr. Cohen. He made me feel at ease and was very easy to talk with. He gave me his cell # to call him if I need to ask questions or just talk about my procedure. Awesome bed side support!
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Cohen was very friendly in my appointment with him, and he arrived to my room on time, without me having to wait long like usually happens with other doctors. He and his staff were very considerate during the appointment, and afterward when explaining to me that I needed surgery, he took the time to explain the overall situation with diagrams and writing out the exact procedures so I could look up. Surgery has yielded no complications, little pain, and I am recovering quickly.
in Acworth, GA |
Excellence in a surgeon is probably most often considered in terms of skilled performance in the operating theatre. While Dr. Cohen is no exception in this regard, his interpersonal skills set him apart from normal expectations. From the start, he put me at ease, warmly shaking hands, listening to my questions and answering them fully. From his surgical skills to his personal demeanor, Dr. Cohen is, in my opinion, the epitome of excellence. I am very comfortable entrusting my care to him.
in Marietta, GA |
This wonderful man saved my life His staff is amazing My family is forever grateful
in Canton, GA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen. Very professional and courteous. Makes you feel at ease and confident in his medical abilities. Did a colon reversal for me and it was successful and I am so thankful for his expertise. He was wonderful!!!!!
woodstock, GA |
Dr. Cohen and his staff are exceptionally competent, compassionate and great at what they do. I had to have a colon resection and the care that I received from start to finish was impressive. As a nurse, I am well aware of patient care standards and they exceeded my expectations. My healing was bolstered by the fact that I had an experienced, skilled surgeon. This is what he does, day after day and it makes a difference. I had very little discomfort, a quick healing and a great experience.
Dallas, GA |
So Much I can Say about this this Doctor he Has Been a Blessing ..First Day Entering his Office we Knew we were in the Right Place the Customer Service the love that has been shown in his Office Wonderful Great Vibes.. God Sent!!!!! My Husband is on a Road to Recovery .Dr.Cohen we cant say Thank you enoough ..Grateful for All you and your Staff have Done words Dont Describe how we feel..You gave my Husband relief!!!!! Jamonda Wise Grant
in Woodstock , GA |
Dr Cohen has been my surgeon since 1999 and he is the kindest physician. His bedside manner is excellent and he leaves no stones unturned. I trust him 100%! He has always treated me and my family as part of own since the first time we met in an emergency situation. I highly recommend him.
in Kennesaw, GA |
Dr. Cohen has performed a couple of surgeries on me. He has always been very attentive to my needs, listens to my concerns and explains conditions/procedures thoroughly. He is very caring and he is very thorough. He keeps his word, which is a rarity these days. His office staff is excellent, very helpful and friendly. They also are very dependable and will return phone calls, another rarity these days. Wonderful experiences with that practice.
in Marietta, GA |
I have had the misfortune of using the healthcare system more than my fair share for several years. I have learned that if there is ANY doctor in this world you may want on your healthcare team? Is Dr. Jeffrey Cohen at Atlanta Colon & Rectal Surgery in Marietta GA! He is the most caring, compassionate and charismatic human ever to grace the medical profession. He has dedicated his life to making the life of his patients better. Dr. Cohen is an angel in a lab coat.
in Canton, GA |
Dr. Cohen has done several procedures on me and what I like about him is his confidence in what he does. I have a somewhat unusual case where he has had to adjust to the conditions. In addition, I went septic do to infections and he was with me every step of the way. I look for the day we don't have to meet like this:-) Great Job!
in Kennesaw, GA |
Dr. Cohen was always available and so easy to talk to! He answered all questions in a direct manner and set forth a plan of treatment.
in Canton, GA |
To my way of thinking, Dr. Cohen is a perfect example of what a caring, sensitive doctor should be. He is a real treasure in his field. He is so caring and concerned and shows it in his mannerisms.
in Bremen Ga |
Love love love Dr. Cohen. He is straight forward and kind.
in Ellijay, GA |
I'm a 50 yr old female, diagnosed in April with colon cancer (no symptoms). I chose Dr. Cohen based on the fact he specializes in colon resection surgery (particularly the davinci robotic procedure). Thank goodness I went to Dr. Cohen. I found him to be comforting, confident, and even humorous. He explained my case in terms that I could understand, including drawing a picture. He was confident without being arrogant. His humor made a stressful situation more pleasant. 2 wks out, doin well
in Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Cohen operated on my for colon cancer. He started using the da Vinci robot, but had to revert to old-fashioned split-em-up-the-middle because of where my tumor was located. Prior to surgery in the pre-consultation visit, Dr. Cohen spent as much time with us as my wife and I needed to answer all our questions and address our concerns, never once looking at his watch. Highly recommend!
in Woodstock, Ga |
Sweet and compassionate Jeffrey Cohen is the sweetest and most compassionate person!!! He saved my life in 2012. I'm so thankful to be a survivor. He's given me many more wonderful memories with my family. I'm blessed to have such a wonderful Doctor!!!
in Dallas, Georgia |
He is the kindest doctor I've ever been seen by. Never to busy forquestions, or his patients. Just a fine man. Emily is wonderful too!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?