Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 69

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Los Gatos, CA and has over 43 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Washington University In St Louis School of Medicine in 1979. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as El Camino Health - Los Gatos Campus and Good Samaritan Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD

OrthoNorCal

340 Dardanelli Ln Ste 10 Los Gatos, CA 95032

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Coe with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Regional Medical Center Of San Jose.

Make an appointment at Regional Medical Center Of San Jose today at (408) 692-3091.

These providers are on the medical staff of Regional Medical Center Of San Jose.

Dr. Coe's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Coe

4.2

Appreciative and Current Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Coe since 2019, but at the time I didn’t have good health insurance, when I was able to change insurance, I immediately called his office to start the process of having my much need back surgery. He’s smart, explains everything well, best surgeon I’ve ever had!
LNemmer – Aug 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr.Coe is a great surgeon I definitely recommend him to anyone with neck and back problems. He will let you know the best options of treatment.
Olga – May 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
All staff was very good and the procedure was excelente. Surgeon did a good jobI was unable to walk for sone months. My level of pain was intolerable but the day of the surgery I was able to walk. I hardly recommend Dr. Coe
Maria Lopez – Apr 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
I saw Dr Coe for a second opinion on my cervical spine. He performs the Mobi- c procedure, and I wanted to know if that was an option in the future, vs the fusion that was given as my only last resort. I liked how he ran me through the movements assessments, vs the PA, so he had first hand knowledge of any issues that could be spotted. He was easy to engage with when I had questions, and listened to my concerns. I felt he was looking at my case, and not grouping me into a generalization of what my condition”s typical presentation is, even though he referenced those generalizations. I am happy with the conservative start to treatment with a specific anti-inflammatory and isometric strength exercises. He put me at ease with his explanations, and lightened the list of activity restrictions that my Neurologist, and other neurosurgeon, had set, giving a history of cases he’s seen that justified his response. I have decided to have Dr Coe be my primary provider for my cervical spine.
  • Long wait times
Strphanie – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr. Coe is friendly, knowledgeable and listens well, couldnt be more pleased with my visit. He is honest in his prognosis and expectations. I did not feel rushed or pressured. The whole staff seemed happy to be there and did their jobs well.
DDunaway – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr.Coe's for many years. He performed major back/spinal surgery for me last year which was successful. I recently went to him for my yearly after surgery checkup and for difficulty in another part of my spine, which he has addressed by sending me to a pain specialist, aqua PT, etc. Dr.Coe explained thoroughly what surgically correcting this would mean, and we decided to delay another surgery for now and opted for PT, working on core strength, and pain management. Dr. Coe is always open to all questions and is very straightforward with his answers, which I greatly appreciate. I obviously trust Dr. Coe's judgment and know he approaches surgery only after considering all aspects and possibilities of the problem.
Lynda Godfrey – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr.Coe, Melissa and the entire team at Orthonorcal are all very professional and wonderful to deal with. Best place in town for service and Dr. Coe is the best surgeon you could ask for if you need surgery!!
Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Fantastic doctor. Exellent result.I will recommend this doctor to everyone.
Dec 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr. Coe is the GREATEST! And because he is so good it reflects in his entire team. They are not only competent but really care about us. All I can say is THANK YOU ALL. Several times folks there went way above and beyond anything anyone could ever imagine. I thank God I was referred by another one of my great Doctors at El Camino hospital and OrthoNorCal. I have not been compensated and I approve this message. ??
Ed Gizzi – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
November 12, 2020 was my first day of meeting Dr. Cole He was Assisting in the operating room during a lower lumbar fusion after meeting Dr Coe today I was definitely comfortable with him going forward.
John Gardner – Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr. Coe was kind and patient with me. He listened to me and reassured me as I am very anxious about any surgery involving the spine. We explored other options that I think will work for me.
Susan Pittas – Oct 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Besides being a brilliant surgeon, Dr. Coe is caring. My back and legs were in pain for a year. I went through all kinds of treatments with no improvement. Dr. Coe was highly recommended by my close friend, who was also his former patent. Dr. Coe made me feel at ease right away and explained my condition in a way that I could understand. He is very passionate about his work, and I knew I would in very good hands. My surgery went very well. My thanks and appreciation go out to both Dr. Coe and his NP, Melissa Clay.
Oct 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
My S1-L5 spinal fusion gave me complete relief after suffering from horrible back pain for over 20 years and excruciating hip pain for about 10 years. My only regret is not getting this done 20 years ago. Since my S1-L5 spinal fusion also cured my hip pain, I probably never would have experienced hip pain. In any case, all my back and hip pain are gone now so I cleared up 2 major issues for the price or more importantly, "pain" of one. Clearing my hip pain was a surprise bonus!
Melanie Clarke – Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr. Jeffrey Coe is an excellent orthopedic physician. He is very knowledgeable and thorough and kind. Plus, his practice, (OrthoNorcal), had limited hours during the whole awful Novel Covid-19 Virus. I have been in severe back pain, (which extended down the back of my leg), for 2 months. He did x-rays; an MRI. And the physical therapy associated with his practice, (OrthoNorcal), is open. It is in the same building -upstairs. There were no other physical therapy offices open, (that I could find). The physical therapist is also very good. I highly recommend this practice and Dr. Coe. I went to the same practice 4 and 1/2 years ago and another physician did a hip replacement for me. He was also excellent. Dr. Littlejohn is now retired.
Brenna J Lawrence – May 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr. Coe Is a perfectionist in his practice. He'll make you feel at ease. He wants to make sure that you understand the procedures and surgeries. I had Severe neck and low back pain. I was barely able to get out of bed. After having cervical and lumbar fusion Performed by Dr. Coe. I'm back to doing the physical things I love to do. Going to the gym, riding bike , walking etc. I highly recommend Dr. Coe.
Lester Fernandez – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr. Coke was very impatient and unprofessional. He interrupted me quite a few times and didn’t offer any solutions to my problems.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Cleo in San Jose, CA – Dec 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
I have had two neck surgeries by Dr. Coe. The first one in August of 2010 was a Bryan Artificial Disc at C6/C7. I woke up from the surgery with absolutely no pain, In November of 2017,. Dr. Coe operated on me and completed a Bryan Disc replacing for C5/C6 and again I woke up with no pain, no pain meds needed post surgery and the feeling back in both hands. Dr Coe is amazing
Ed Laverone in Twain Harte, CA – Nov 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?
Dr Coe saw me for a neck problem. No insightful questions on his part. Gave me some exercises to try. Never tried to find out why I had a problem. Treatment plan - "Take some Aleve" I diagnosed myself better. Figured out that bending my neck down to read (newspaper, tablet, etc) was putting strain on my neck. I have self-corrected my sleeping position and how I conduct my reading. Sorry, Dr. Coe. Hope your bedside manner is better for others. Won't suggest you to anyone. Good luck.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Coe, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Coe?

Specializing in cervical and lumbar and lumbar spinal surgery, scoliosis and adult spinal reconstruction, Dr. Jeffrey Coe's goal is to provide you with...Read more

Specializing in cervical and lumbar spinal surgery, scoliosis and adult spinal reconstruction, Dr. Jeffrey Coe's goal is to provide you with the best possible...Read more

• Chiropractic

Washington University In St Louis School of Medicine
1975
University Of Notre Dame

• German

• "Overview of Fixation: Basic Biomechanics. When to Stabilize-Tumor/Trauma/Infection/Rheumatoid/Deformity/Degenerative" in 'Atlas of Cervical Spine Sugery, 2nd Edition' (Chapter: Coe, J.D.),
  • Persistent Spinal Fluid Leakage Following Spinal Surgery in Master Cases: Spine Surgery. (Chapter contributed, Coe, J.D.), 2001
  • Chapter: "Invasive Spinal Diagnostics" in 'Principles and Practice of Spine Surgery' Freedman, M.K.; Brislin, B.T.; Vaccaro, A.R.; O'Neil C.; Coe, J.D.; Maurer, P.M., and O'Brien, E., 2003
  • "Complications of Anterior Cervical Plating" in 'The Cervical Spine', 4th Edition (Chapter: Coe, J.D. and Vaccaro, A.R.),
  • "Dural Repair Techniques - Fascial Patching" in Spine Surgery: Tricks of the Trade. (Chapter: Coe, J.D., and Vaccaro, A.R.), 2003
  • "The Influence of Bone Density on the Fixation of Thoracolumbar Implants. A Comparative Study of Transpedicular Screws, Laminar Hooks, and Spinous Process Wires." (Coe, J.D.; Warden, K.E.; Herzig, M.A.; McAfee, P.C.), 1990
  • "Neuropathology with Spinal Instrumentation." (Coe, J.D.; Becker, P.S.; McAfee, P.C.; and Gurr, K.R.), 1989
  • "Management of Femoral Fractures and Pseudofractures in Adult Hypophosphatasia." (Coe, J.D.; Murphy, W.A.; and Whyte, M.P.), 1986
  • "Macroepiphyseal Dysplasia with Symptomatic Osteoporosis, Wrinkled Skin, and Aged Appearance, A Possible Autosomal Recessive Condition." (McAlister, W.H.; Coe, J.D.; and Whyte, M.P.), 1986
  • "Roentgen Rounds #84: Myositis Ossificans Progressiva" (Coe, J.D.; Schoenecker, P.L.; and Gilula, L.A.), 1986
  • "Use of the Green Transfer in Treatment of Patients with Spastic Cerebral Palsy: 17 - Year Experience." (Beach, W.R.; Strecker, W.B.; Coe, J.D.; Manske, P.R.; Schoenecker, P.A.; Dailey, L.), 1991
  • "Neuropathological Changes with Experimental Spinal Instrumentation: Transpedicular Versus Sublaminar Fixation." (Zdeblick, T.A.; Becker, P.S.; McAfee, P.C.; Sutterlin, C.E.; Coe, J.D.; Gurr, K.R.), 1991
  • "Spine Injuries in Combat Troops: Panama, 1989." (Parsons, T.W.,III; Lauerman, W.C. ; Ethier, D.B.; Gormley, W.; Cain, J.E.; Elias, Z.; and Coe, J.D.), 1993
  • "Bioresorbable Polymer Implants in Unilateral Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion", Lowe,T.G. and Coe, J.D., 2002
  • Biomechanical Evaluation of Cervical Spinal Stabilization Methods in a Human Cadaveric Model." (Coe, J.D.; Warden, K.E.; Sutterlin, C.E., III; and McAfee, P.C., 1989
Less...