Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 55

Telehealth services available

Cedar Valley Medical Specialists PC Orthopedic Surgery - Uni

2351 Hudson Rd Ste 1 Cedar Falls, IA 50614

Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Cedar Falls, IA and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Clark has more experience with Knee & Lower Limb Surgery and Hand & Wrist Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Des Moines University College Of Osteopathic Medicine medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with medical facilities UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital and Waverly Health Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Clark to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Clark is affiliated with UnityPoint Health - Allen Hospital Waterloo, a highly rated hospital.

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Iowa

Frequently Treated by Dr. Clark

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Clark treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Clark treats other conditions, please contact the office at (319) 273-5275.

Knee & Lower Limb Surgery

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee & Lower Limb Surgery specialists.

Dr. Clark is experienced in the area of Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 30 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Hand & Wrist Surgery

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand & Wrist Surgery specialists.

Dr. Clark is experienced in the area of Hand & Wrist Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 24 conditions and procedures

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle DislocationTreatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Clark accepts

Dr. Clark accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Clark's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Clark

3.5

Dr. Clark

Dr Clark and his team did an amazing job for me. Surgery went great and I was on very minimal pain management. I was able to get rid of my crutches after only 3 days and everyday was better than the day before. My stitches look good and are healing quickly. I am excited to me out of the pain I had pre-surgery and to have my life and health back
Deb Metcalf – Feb 26, 2021
Nothing more to say.
Jan 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
I am 60 years old and feel GREAT! I had my hip replaced, March 2, 2020. I am so happy I did it and wish I would have done it two years earlier, now that I have it done. Prior to the surgery, I limped, I couldn't ride a bike, my muscle mass was lost, I couldn't sleep, and I was in PAIN! Now, I am taller, stronger, walking normal and in April 2020, I am riding my bike! I give credit to Dr. Clark, his staff, and the Cedar Valley Physical Therapy Rehab! God Bless them! Before the surgery, the correct diagnosis happened, I thought it was my knees, also, but with a few months of physical therapy, I was readied for the procedure, which also this also helped me with a speedy recovery! I was home in a day, I felt the surgery wasn't that bad. A bit more therapy, I am building up, strengthening my core, and allowing the new hip to be fully recovered. I will be back to work in a week and this is the best, to go to work without pain! Thank you, for this great care! Thank you!!!
John – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
In April of 2018 Dr. Clark repaired my broken left femur. In November of that year during a follow-up, the x-rays showed the plate he put in to fix the break had failed. I then had to go to the U of I hospital to have it fixed. Three weeks later the x-rays there showed that I should have had a rod put in between the bones to mend them properly. I was told the best way to fix the problem was to have a total hip replacement as I was 60 yrs. old. I also was told to only put toe touch weight on that foot. Dr. Clark never told me that! They couldn't operate until Jan.10,2019, or about 6 weeks later. My surgery lasted much longer than the average patient because of all the damage done to my bones. As well as my hospital stay and recovery was also much longer!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Richard Blandin – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
DR CLARK HAS DONE THREE SEPARATE SURGERIES, HIP REPLACEMENT, AND TWO SHOULDER SURGERIES, TORN LABRUM LEFT, ROTATOR CUFF RIGHT. I HAD A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE. BRENDA COOPER WHO WOKS WITH DR CLARK DOES A GREAT JOB.
Jan 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
What visit??? I called over a week ago and had my medical records faxed a week ago and have called multiple times and have yet to have a call back to schedule my first appointment. I even called and explained that I needed to see him before my Mayo appointment and gave the date and apparently, this doctor did not care, and as stated no one has called me back yet.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
Dr. Clark is very efficient and is very honest about your diagnosis and is very efficient in making the correction that needs to be made. The results have been very positive for me and I had a fast recovery. Anyone having a surgery by him needs to follow his instructions for recovering.
Roberta Wiegmann – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
After a fall (resulting in a broken hip) and Dr. Clark performing a total hip replacement, I was amazed that the recovery could be so quick and complete, and in far less time than I would have expected. His post-surgery instructions proved to be perfectly matched to my needs and all follow-up appointments showed the evidence of his masterful work. Brenda and all others in the office were always pleasant and efficient in getting me through the office visits and on my way. I am so thankful Dr. Clark was the one who cared for me and I soon joined the many folks who highly recommended him, for any orthopedic care! I understand that a doctor's office has many people to serve and I don't expect to be their top priority, so occasionally waiting for 10 minutes is totally within reason. However, most of the time I have had to sit for no more than a couple minutes before being called back to an exam room. That's better service than most retail stores provide!
Rick Heth – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
Less than positive. Waited 40 minutes past my appointment time for him to come in tell him I had an old rotator tear in my shoulder and nothing he could. Suggested I just not reach,climb or pull. Stated I could get a shot but didn't appear to be in enough pain to need one. He didn't speak to me, he spoke at me. Im going elsewhere as I think he picks and chooses his patients.
Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
I went from crutches to back to work in two weeks it was great and now I can do what I want
Harlan Sergeant – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
Great results, GREAT doctor, GREAT staff!!!!!!!!!!
George DeGroote – Jul 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
When my knee began hurting two friends recommended Dr. Clark and his assistant Brenda. Great Choice! Dr. Clark and Brenda were compassionate, through, knowledgeable, professional, competent & only a call away. Surgery went perfect for total right knee replacement. I then followed the directions of walk & rock & practice my rehab all day. Pain free in a few days. Doing my usual activities in 3 weeks. Dr. Clark and Brenda rewarded me for my hard work with lots of praise & complements. Wonderful positive experience. Hint...Get to a doctor when knee bothers because each day it will hurt more, after surgery each day it will hurt less. Keep the knee limber by moving and bending constantly. If above appropriate weight for your height loose weight as each extra pound is a very big extra strain on knees and makes recovery harder and longer. Thanks, Dr. Clark, Brenda & your whole team for a great positive experience.
Joy in Reinbeck, IA – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
I was amazed at the complete change from a very painful hip to pain free walking after the less invasive anterior hip replacement done by Dr. Clark and his excellent staff. Their care and support, and the preemptive actions taken concerning a post operative issue were excellent. Cedar Valley Orthopedics and Allen Hospital are great.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
Our 14 year old daughter had a Lisfranc Fracture. We thought she'd be done with athletics. But Dr. Clark did surgery on her foot and after 4 1/2 months she is back on the volleyball and basketball courts. We were extremely pleased with Dr. Clark and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome! He's the best!!!
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
An amazing journey! Went from not being able to walk w/o a cane, to hiking!! Everyone in the office is warm and friendly, making you feel part of their 'office family'. Dr. Clark's surgical approach is amazing and recovery time for me very quick. I am very thankful that I allowed Dr. Clark and his team to help me. I hope I never need them again, but if I do, we will begin a new journey together again.
Penny in Waterloo, IA – Mar 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
Dr, Clark did a hip and a total knee replacement for me. The staff are awesome. I have had the most exceptional results from Dr. Clark's surgeries. I have recommended Dr. Clark to many individuals because of my quick return to normal living after my two surgeries. I definitely recommend anyone to try this medical office. They are friendly and you get results as long as you do what the doctor tells you. Highly recommend.
Virgil Pries in Waverly, IA – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
Dr Clark is a good doctor. I just got really frustrated with Brenda she never calls you back. She put a stat on my MRI and I still have not heard back and it has been 5 days. The office makes promises and she does not follow through. I waited over an hour in their office.
Waterloo, IA – Sep 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
Dr. Clark understood my hip situation and gave me a new hip in 16. In the two years, I feel great. Having no pain and being active are real blessing. Dr. Clark and his staff were easy to work with and very understanding. I would recommend Dr. Clark for any hip replacements.
Greg Hovden in Waverly Iowa, IA – Jun 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
Dr. Clark treated my avulsion fracture and was very professional and superior at explaining the course of treatment and his office staff was always very courteous and helpful. I would recommend him highly to anyone needing orthopedic opinions or treatment! Office was clean and exam room was roomy.
Lorrie Cozart in Readlym IA 50668 – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?
I had an excellent experience and out come after an anterior total hip surgery. Would highly recommend Dr. Clark & have been completely satisfied and had complete confidence in Dr Clark and his assisting staff. The surgery has given me a significant increase in mobility with a great deal less pain. Follow up appointments were welcoming and informative. The staff was considerate & helpful.
Peladija in Iowa – Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Clark, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Clark?
Provider explaining information to patient