Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD

Dr. Cantor
Telehealth services available

St. Mary's Medical Center

901 45th St Mangonia Park, FL 33407

Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD is a Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Mangonia Park, FL. He is affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cantor to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Cantor is affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital Fort Lauderdale, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Cantor's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Scoliosis With Unilateral Unsegmented Bar
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Cantor's conditions and procedures:

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Dural Tear
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Dr. Cantor accepts

Dr. Cantor accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Cantor's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cantor

4.4

Dr. Cantor

Had to wait an hour to see Dr. Cantor, but then Dr Jeffrey Cantor was so thorough at going through all the MRI images as well as the model form of neck....it was worth it! My husband and I left feeling that we both totally understood all details of the Cervical Stenosis and the surgery to repair it. His surgery is definitely less invasive then what I had previously discussed with another neck surgeon! He's definitely all about the total patient as he talked about going onto a diet before surgery to make your body as strong as it can be for the surgery. Also diet is suppose to make you less susceptible to infection and blood clots, which is really important as my surgery is approx. 3.5 hours +/- long.
  • Long wait times
Judy Conner – Jan 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I understand insurance company how they operate. I can’t get my head around of $1,000.00 just to consult my MRI. I need medical attention like yesterday. The pain I’m having is unbearable. Now I’m square 1 again in pain and have no idea what’s the MRI report said. No one in the Administrative Department could not call me in Advance before my today visit. I still can’t believe this. I’m speechless and sick of my stomach.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Jan 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Dr Cantor takes his time and explains procedures pertaining to your MRI. He gives you the opportunity to choose what course of action to take pertaining to your issue with your spine. He has the best bedside manner and informs you without being an alarmist. His office is friendly and I have had cervical spine surgery performed by him in the past. I have referred many friends and family to his practice. He is an excellent orthopedic spine surgeon!!
Pati – Dec 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
The worse experience of my life. 9 months after surgery still in pain worse than before. If my life depended on it I will not let him touch me ever again. Stay away.
  • Long wait times
Nahman – Sep 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I'm located in Fort Worth, Texas and found Dr Cantor on his U Tube video where he explains in detail an alternative to the Laminectomy and Disc Fusion surgery that was proposed by a second opinion from a Neurosurgeon here in Fort Worth. The surgery that he has perfected is called Ultrasonic Spine surgery. After sending my MRI/CT Scan and X-rays, Dr Cantor said that I was a candidate for this surgery. I had my consult today via Zoom and I was so impressed with the way he explained and showed me my MRI/CT Scan/X-Rays, that I'm planning on flying to Fort Lauderdale for 14 days, to have him perform this surgery. The time he spent with me explaining my condition and options, along with answering my questions, was first class.
Jon A Griffey, Sr – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Very attentive and gave me plenty of time. Nothing was rushed. You can tell he is really into what he does. Looking forward to getting better!
Mike C – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
As and International patient I feel saisfied with my investigation regarding which doctor was the perfect one for my surgery. After consulting and reaserching, I finally found Dr. Jeffrey Cantor my surgery ws a 100% a success. Additionally the group of doctors working with Dr. Cantor are extraordinary and the hospital's attention was excellent. I recommend Dr. Cantor with my eyes closed he is an excellent professional. My surgery was on April, 2021 I had a TLIF-LUMBAR procedure.
Claudio Ippolito – Jun 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
My name is Tony Bivona. I have had back pain ever since I am 12. I finally decided at age 61 that it was time for me to get me fixed. The Dr. that I picked to fix me was Dr. Jeffrey B. Cantor. I knew just by our very first consultation, that he would be performing my surgery. We met on a Friday afternoon, and on Monday I called his staff to set up a date for the surgery. On June 2nd, 2021 he and his team operated on my back. It was for a lower lumbar fusion and also a decompression. It took about 2 ½ hours. Later that day I took a short walk. The next day, I was asked to walk again. I went further. They discharged me later in the day. I have followed his pre-op and post op instructions including the diet he put me on to the letter of the law and I believe this has also had a hand in what I consider miraculous results. It is now day 11 days after the surgery. I am completely off of all meds and am walking in almost no pain. Thank you Dr. Cantor for changing my life.
Dafunkiemunkey – Jun 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
First visit today. Taken to examination room right on time; had some xrays and then saw Dr. Cantor - all within probably 20 minutes of arrival. Dr. Cantor was very thorough in explaining my situation to me, what my options were and what he recommended. He probably spent 25-30 minutes with me. We agreed on a course of action and surgery is scheduled. Everyone was friendly and efficient. Of course the proof will the results of the surgery, but my impressions so far are very positive.
May 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
All went well. Dr was on time and was very clear in explaining the problem. Office is well run.
Natalie Metlitz – May 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
The whole experience has been great from start to finish. I've been really impressed with Dr. Cantor. I will have surgery for my cervical stenosis next month and wouldn't want anyone other than Dr. Cantor performing it. His ability and experience are obvious but it goes beyond that. During my pre-op appointments, he was very personable, extremely thorough. and he took his time explaining things in terms that I could understand. That went a long way in helping my comfort level. My wife and I live an hour outside of Philadelphia and we will gladly travel 1000 miles to have Dr. Cantor do my procedure. I will recommend to anyone with neck and back issues that they consult Dr. Cantor and the Cantor Spine Center. His staff has been friendly, very responsive, and a real pleasure to work with!
Zane Michalski – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I had surgery for lower lumbar stenosis in October 2020. Within weeks I was feeling 100% better and had to remind myself that I just had back surgery and had to wear my brace. Not only is he a skilled surgeon but he is invested in his patients before during as well as after surgery. There is a very heavy focus on nutrition and continued strengthening post operatively. The only surgeon (I had 4 other opinions from highly rated surgeons) who discussed this with me. His PA Haley and medical assistant Courtney are always available for questions you have. I have referred numerous friends to his practice and highly recommend Dr. Cantor.
Christine M. – Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Dr. Cantor is without a doubt the only Orthopedic Surgeon to go to. I had consulted with five others, before an old friend who is an Orthopedic Surgeon in PA told me I MUST see Dr. Cantor. Dr. Cantor took the time to explain my condition and how the spine works. I finally understood what needed to be done to fix my situation! Last week, Dr. Cantor performed back surgery to correct a very painful Spondylolthesis at L5/S1. The pain is gone, and now with patience and his fantastic team by my side, I will soon be back to normal; living my best life once again! I love that Dr. Cantor has a passion for what he does! You can tell that he loves the technology that is available to him and has a lot of experience that combined makes his surgeries so successful. He is the only surgeon who discussed nutrition with me and how food impacts inflammation and healing. I was walking without any assistance the next day and am healing very fast. Dr. Cantor, great advice and many thanks!
Seth Greenberg – Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Dr Cantor is the most extraordinary doctor you will find if you have any type of back issues. He has performed several surgeries on myself and several of my friends and family and is a true miracle worker! He is the best in. S Florida.
Jeannine Lesburt – Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I'm a 65 year old male with cervical & foraminal stenosis at C4-7 and post-rupture disc fragments pressing on a nerve off my right side. It has progressed with slight numbness and pain under my right trap and down the right arm. I was seeing a neuro surgeon from my home town in Virginia since 2013. We discussed me having an ACDF this past fall. As I was researching the procedure on you tube, I came across Dr. Cantor's minimally invasive technique videos using ultra sonic tools and became convinced this is what I wanted if Dr. Cantor recommended surgery. I'm familiar with researching journals and other sources of knowledge and techniques before making decisions. I liked that Dr. Cantor wasn't interested in what my Virginia doctor's recommendation was. He wanted to make his own assessment and determined I didn't need surgery at this time based on not having loss of function on my right side. Dr Cantor will eventually be training future surgeons on these techniques and tools.
AReed – Feb 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I had surgery January 4th 2021, it was the biggest mistake of my life. Dr. Cantor may be a good surgeon, but he is an unprofessional MD and human being. After the surgery he never checked on me, I was scheduled to be discharge the next morning but his PA Hayley told me I need to wait for her to comeback at 5:00 pm to discharge me. At 5:45 PM, she still was not there so I asked the nurse at ICU to call her and find out why she was late. We find out that she was visiting other patient and she will come to discharge me last. You can imagine my anger my heartbeat was 180. After discharged, I tried to reach the office about some problems that I was having of course it was impossible to get anyone to reply. January 12, I was scheduled for post surgery appointment with Dr. Cantor and Hayley . That day Hayley came with her assistant. When I asked for Dr. Cantor the reply was he is busy. After removing my stitches, I had some questions about the surgery and my diet that they put me in be
Nahman Susar – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Dr Cantor performed cervical surgery on me just over 4 months ago. Since then I have been pain free and have returned to bike riding and hiking. Prior to surgery, I had periods of intense neck pain as well as a history of numbness and weakness in my upper extremities. I had consulted with two other surgeons and found Dr Cantor's innovative approach to be the most advantageous to protecting my spine and nerves while ensuring maximum mobilty. I am very happy that I made this decision. Finally, Dr Cantor's staff were extremely professional, competent and friendly.
Christian Cunningham – Feb 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I had a televisit it was very good, he did suggest some diet changes which is fine since he is the surgeon going in he needs to prepare the patient. Went over details of my needs, pleasant and no time wasting. Looking forward to having my cervical surgery with him.
MYB – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
If I could have given a zero I would have! I was told Dr. Cantor would provide a complimentary MRI review which it even states that when calling in on the automated phone service. I did receive the MRI review with Dr. Cantor which lasted 20 minutes and a third of that time was spent with him giving me weight loss instructions which I hadn't asked for. Not thinking anything about it only to receive a bill from Dr. Cantor for $ 1,046.00 for that "Complimentary" MRI review. I disputed this charge but to no avail they aren't willing to discount the charge at all. I had MRI reviews with three other surgeons, two didn't charge me anything and one charged me $246.50 which I gladly paid. This is a case of "Bait & Switch". I was never informed there'd be any charge or estimate of a charge beforehand and had I known they would've charged this outrageous amount I'd have declined the MRI review. I'd read a negative review about him concerning money, do your homework!!!
Dec 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
As a physician I’m used to researching journals and other sources of knowledge before making a referral. This time though, it was personal. After conducting my due diligence including office visits with several physicians in person and by teleconference, locally and literally coast to coast I came across several excellent, well respected surgeons but Dr. Cantor’s technique tools and approach immediately stood out as he right one for my condition. My decision was confirmed when after watch Dr. Cantor’s instructional video my friend, the retired Chief of the neurosurgery department of a large local hospital told me he wished he could start his practice all over again as this was the future of neurosurgery. After meeting with him in person both I. His office and in the preop area I found him brilliant, Innovative, knowledgeable, conscientious, skilled and personable. He took the time to explain everything and put me at ease. I am currently recovering from my procedure very well.
A very impressed patient. – Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cantor?
Provider explaining information to patient