Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Cantor is affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital.

Dr. Cantor's Care Philosophy

The Cantor Spine Institute's commitment to every patient is to work in the most conservative, least-invasive way possible. Dedicated to helping people of all ages who suffer spinal conditions, the Cantor Spine Institute works to help patients reduce pain and return to a healthy, normal life. To that end, a caring, compassionate patient-physician relationship is a hallmark of the practice.

Dr. Cantor's Experience

See how Dr. Cantor's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cantor

Dr. Cantor accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Cantor is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cantor has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cantor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cantor to family and friends
    4.5
    Dr. Cantor's Performance
    in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl |
    My experience with Dr. Cantor and his staff has been the highest and most satisfying in results that greatly exceeded my clinical expectations. After considering options, instead of a cervical fusion I chose to have a cervical laminoplasty. My constant pain in both arms was gone when I awoke after surgery. Post surgical pain was minimal and tolerable. I continue to recommend Dr. Cantor to all.
    in Lighthouse Point |
    It's hard to believe after 5 weeks of having L4/L5 back fusion surgery that I feel this good. So far, I've recommended Dr. Jeffrey Cantor to 6 people and will continue to tell people with back/neck pain that he's a phenomenal surgeon...! My expecations were exceeded in a big way....both from a recovery time as well as pain....I've had very little pain with my recovery. If my mom had spine issues, I would send her to Dr. Cantor immediately!
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    Words cannot adequately express the heartfelt gratitude my wife and I have for the care Dr. Cantor has provided to me. I was unable to walk without excruciating pain prior to my surgery, and only had to spend one night post op in the hospital. Three weeks later I was on a cruise and walking without pain, other than some discomfort from the very minimal incision. Not only is Dr. Cantor amazing, but all of his staff are equally wonderful and it is a pleasure to see them on return visits.
    in Weston, FL |
    I was in pain for 18 months and was seeing a pain specialist, being told I needed shots and that surgery was not for me. I was miserable. My niece worked for a spine surgeon and took it upon herself to make me an appointment with him after showing my MRI scans to him and him saying he could help me. I am 3 weeks post surgery for L3/4/5/S1 and I am complete pain free from my leg pain. Dr. Cantor performed the surgery and I was home the next day. I cannot even tell you the relief I got from this.
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    Dr. Cantor is a life saver! He performed my first surgery, a laminectomy and fusion in my lumbar spine 17 years ago and I am STILL pain free. After that surgery, I got pregnant 5 months later (not advisable) and due to carrying my son and natural birth I had another surgery a level up. That too has withstood the test of time. I just had a cervical fusion February 2017 and it is totally successful. Not only WOULD I refer people to dr. Cantor, I Do All The time! His PA John and Patrina are ??
    Lake Worth, FL |
    I met Dr. Cantor 15 years ago after having 2 back surgeries. Dr. Cantor was able to pin point my actual problem and corrected it when other doctors couldn't. 15 years later I'm feeling great! Just saw him for a checkup and all is good! I have and still would recommend Dr. Cantor to anyone who has back or neck problems.
    Lake Worth, FL |
    Dr. Cantor reviewed my MRI results in detail and provided me with multiple options for treatment. He did not suggest surgery as my first option, yet rather my last. I think that's important as many doctors these days rush to put you under the knife. He spent a lot of time with me and made sure I was comfortable with the information that he had provided. He also provided my husband some great nutritional advice to help heal a wound he has. I believe that food is medicine so that was an added plus
    in parkland, fl |
    I recommend Dr. Cantor very highly. He explains everything about the surgery and recovery in extensive detail. He and his staff treat patients with concern and caring. You are given a diet to follow for optimum healing. The entire staff is available by phone or email. Dr. Cantor is extremely concerned with his patients whole body, not just the area where he is operating. Everything is done by him and his staff to make your surgery go as seamlessly as possible.
    in Highland Beach, FL |
    When I first went to Dr. Cantor I could hardly walk 1 block without having pain. After having the surgery I am able to walk about 2 miles twice a day. I can honestly say that I have not had any back pain since the surgery. The doctor was excellent BUT his staff was equally as good. They were caring and kind and listened carefully to my concerns and they responded to my calls quickly. Listen to the pre-surgical procedures-they help with the surgery and the post surgery recovery. Very Satisfied!
    Pompano Beach, FL |
    I had a complicated, serious neck injury. I interviewed one neurosurgeon and another orthopedic surgeon prior to consulting Dr. Cantor. The difference in the assessment, explanation of injury, proposed surgical outcome was like day and night. He was extremely meticulous in diagnosing my injury, putting me on a special healing diet and aligning me with professional aftercare, which includes his skilled staff as well as nursing. Cantor has me pain free and with movement, unlike others proposals.
    in Hollywood, FL |
    I was involved in a serious car accident, where I was hit by a careless driver while walking for my health. I suffered with severe neck pain for 1 year, until my foot/ankle specialist referred me to Dr. Cantor. Upon meeting him and listening to the way he explained the surgical procedure, I decided to go ahead with the surgery. The surgery was done and I am so happy to say that the surgery was a complete success. The recovery was not difficult at all, and Dr. Cantor and his staff was exceptional
    in Davie, FL |
    Dr. Cantor is very thorough. He takes time with you, not just to discuss the procedure, but he truly seems to care about you and your well being. He talks with you and not to/at you. Explains everything thoroughly and encourages questions. 3 months post surgery from a 2 level ACDF with partial Corpectomy and I am pain free. Thanks Dr. Cantor!
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    Dr Cantor is both an excellent diagnostician and spinal surgeon. I suffered from incapacitating pain in my buttock and thigh. Although i had seen both a neurologist and general orthopedic surgeon and had MRI studies of my lower back and hips, the correct diagnosis of nerve root impingement by a cyst and bone spur was delayed until my visit to Dr Cantor. Using a minimally invasive ultrasonic probe, he cured my pain from the moment I awakened from anesthesia. I left the hospital pain pain free.
    in Delray Beach, FL |
    Dr. Cantor perfectly performed a laminoplasty on 6 of my 7 vertebrae in my cervical spine. He spent so much time with us explaining this option to me when all other surgeons insisted on a 4 disc fusion! His passion for his work is obvious and his expertise on the spine is amazing. He literally saved my neck, affording me an active future. I can't recommend him enough!
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    Thanks to Dr. Cantor, my cervical spinal surgery was successful and recovery was a quick and painless process. Four months after my surgery, I am back to my old routine swimming three times a week with my trainer, Angela Crapis. I highly recommend Dr. Cantor to anyone in need of spinal surgery.
    in Delray Beach, FL |
    I would recommend Dr. Cantor because he gave me my life back. I had been in Pain for 6 months, trying shots, and epidurals. Nothing helped. After seeing Dr. Cantor and having my surgery, I was without any pain within 10 days. I listened to everything he told me to do and now back to walking and soon back to work. Most important is that if you wait in his office, you are rewarded by the time he spends with you. He will answer every question you have and explain everything.
    in Boynton Beach, FL |
    I am truly fortunate to have met Dr. Cantor. He provided me with the utmost, individualized care and concern throughout my entire surgery and rehabilitation. I was initially nervous to undergo such a serious procedure but he explained everything in such detail so that I was easily able to understand my experiences and feel calm. I trusted his decision-making and was confident that he had my best interests at heart.
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    After being and avid skier and outdoorsman for the past 65 years, I found that sciatica had made it impossible for me to continue these activities. Dr. Cantor's explanation of my condition and the steps needed to correct it were straightforward and concise. I have now had my 16 week checkup following surgery and I couldn't be happier. Not only has all of the pain gone away but I am now able to exercise and start to get ready to resume my winter and summer activities without pain.
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    Surgery was a great success....no complications...Great surgeon...great and caring office staff with tremendous post-op follow-up and care. After consulting with doctors all over the country for my surgery, I can say that Dr. Cantor in my opinion is one of the finest neuro-surgeons in the US and I am so glad I decided to have him do my complex cervical surgery.
    in Tamarac, FL |
    When I first went to Dr. Cantor I was suffering from severe back pain radiating down my left leg. I didn't know what my problem was, but I was suffering. I was diagnosed with severe lumbar spinal stenosis. Dr. Cantor performed ultrasonic surgery on my back. It is a new procedure and I got amazing results. I am now pain free and back to my normal physical activities. Dr. Cantor is a surgical genius. Harris Cooper Tamarac, Florida
    in Sunrise, FL |
    Dr. Cantor is very professional and caring. I felt like his priority was to get me back to my normal life and not just fix the problem and move on. He provided very good information and education prior to and after surgery. I applaud him for taking the time and effort to prepare meal plans and schedules for his patients. I cannot thank him and his staff enough. I feel like I made the best decision by letting him treat me and my injury. Thank You Dr. Cantor
    in Boca Raton, FL |
    I was referred to Dr. Cantor in late 2013 regarding my upper spine (cervical)spinal stenosis which was causing both my arms to have constant numbness and tingling. He diagnosed and thoroughly explained the cause and his recommendation and I elected to have a cervical laminoplasty in January, 2014. The operation was a complete success, the recovery time was as projected and I was back on the golf course in late March.
    in Delray Beach, FL |
    I had 2 cervical spine surgeries before I relocated to Florida. I was referred to Dr. Cantor by a well respected orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Cantor spent time with me every appointment I have had. He listens and answers all my questions. I felt after my first appt. that he was trustworthy and honest about the surgery I needed and what outcomes I could expect. He did my surgery and my recovery was better than what I expected! I have never had a problem getting an appt. & his staff is great!
    in Boca Raton, FL |
    Dr Cantor saved me! A year ago i had terrible pains in my shoulder & neck along with "electricity" in my right hand & arm. After taking an MRI, it was determined that i had major spinal stenosis from C2- C7 & bone spurs in C4/5 and 5/6. Other respected surgeons all told me i needed 2 operations, and that i would be in the hospital for 5 days after each one. Dr Cantor using his unique equipment/procedures did it in 1 operation and i was home in24 hrs. Feeling perfect now thanks to Dr Cantor!
    in Sunrise, FL |
    Dr. Cantor is amazing. he saved me from becoming completely paralyzed. And his surgical technique allows me to have almost normal range of motion, instead of being fused throughout my neck, as is the case with people who go to other surgeons. He explained on my first visit that he usually runs late because he gives each patient all the time they need. I really respect and appreciate that. He answers all my questions and gives me his undivided attention. His staff is attentive, friendly, and
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    Dr. Cantor took an extraordinary amount of time explaining my MRI and the procedure necessary to relieve my ongoing pain. After 16 months of back pain and sciatica, I am finally pain free. Dr. Cantor and his P.A., John, are easy to talk with and all the staff I came in contact with were courteous and friendly. Great experience from start to finish.
    in Wilton Manors, FL. |
    Bob Condron Sept. 2016. Went to Dr. Cantor upon recommendations of some friends of my brother who work at Holy Cross. Was in severe pain both in back and sciatica in right leg. Made appointment with Dr. Cantor and found that it was stenosis L-5 to S-1 and a ruptured disc L-4 to L-5. He takes the time to thoroughly explain what the problems are while pointing it out with the MRI on the wall. I feel better than I have in years and I cannot thank him enough!
    Only person period I would let operate on my spine. THE BEST ! Thxs Dr Cantor
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    Took my back problem when most surgeons would not. I had severe stenosis L 2and L3, compression fracture of the L3 that had been glued.L4 ,5 and S1 Fusion. I went to Dr Cantor because a friend told me he was very good. I had severe pain in lower back right thigh and leg. He operated on me and removed a piece of bone that was crushing the L3 root nerve. He then removed the stenosis and fused the L3 and L2 using a spacer no rods or screws The vertebrae are starting to fuse with my bone growth.
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    My symptoms included a rapidly increasing loss of balance and numbness in my fingers. Dr. Cantor quickly diagnosed my cervical spinal stenosis and just as quickly scheduled me for surgery. I felt like I was in capable hands and had a lot of faith in his surgical abilities. Six months later and I am back to how I was before my issues!! Wouldn't have happened if I hadn't chosen Dr. Cantor...would highly recommend him.
    Panama City, FL |
    Dr.Cantor is a very thorough, meticulous physician. I was impressed by the fact he looks at the whole picture and not only discusses surgery but the need for good nutrition and exercise in preparation for surgery. He is committed to offering the least invasive procedures with the best outcomes for his patients. He has dedicated years to perfecting his unique technique and is constantly searching for a better way to care for his patients.
    in Coral Springs, FL |
    C-2 thru C-7 Neck Fusion Surgery 2004 No pain or issues as of 2016 F-4/F-5 Lumbar Fusion Surgery April 2016- Used Ultrasonic technique. No pain after surgery and was able to walk normally the next day pain free. You are never treated like a number, he honestly cares, develops new procedures so his patients have less down time and less discomfort, takes the time with you and no surprises. This Ultrasonic technique he developed is AMAZING.....just like he is!
    in New York, NY |
    Underwent a lumbar interbody fusion at L2-L3 and a dome decompression at L3-L4 with Coflex spacer. 3 1/2 months later surgery appears to be a complete success. Pain which, pre-surgery was practically unbearable, is gone. Exercises are helping regain strength and range of motion and will soon enable me to resume my activities. Dr. Canton prepares his patients extremely well from explaining the procedure to nutritional recommendations. The Platinum Care Program still needs a few adjustments
    in Pembroke Pines, FL |
    Dr. Cantor performed cervical surgery for stenosis. I will never again suffer from cervical stenosis in my lifetime. I am able to sleep without pain, and after only six weeks look forward to continuing my normal routine of ballroom dancing! The entire experience was extremely positive. It felt good going into surgery knowing that my doctor was the BEST, most competent and innovative in the field. I highly recommend Dr. Cantor and will confidently use him again for future back surgery.
    in Boynton Beach, FL |
    I had cervical spine surgery with Dr. Jeffrey Cantor. He is an excellent surgeon. I thought he was terrific and will spend lots of time with you at your office visit.
    in Bahamas |
    The whole experience left a lot to be desired. We were overseas patients. On arrival everything seemed very efficient. Everything deteriorated very quickly into a complete shambles. After an almost 3 hour wait to see the Dr., the appointment was a quick 10 minutes in which he repeated himself several times.He got the age of the patient wrong and as we were advised by a nurse that he had to be somewhere else, it was very apparent by the way he rushed in and then sent us on our way.
    in Pompano Beach, FL |
    I almost selected another doctor to help me with my spinal pain. Walking for more than ten minutes became so painful I was held back from enjoying visits to parks, museums or even daily shopping. I decided to get a second opinion. My neighbor was a patient of Dr. Cantor. He was so happy with the results of his surgery I immediately arranged for an evaluation by Dr. Cantor. The surgery Dr. Cantor recommended was what was needed. On tour recently, I was able to walk for over 4hrs - no pain.
    in Miami, FL |
    Dr Cantor performed a Laminoplasty neck surgery on me 15 years ago . And I've been pain free ever since . He is a tremendously skilled and gave me the gift of courage to be able to live a normal life with my wonderful family and the confidence to keep on enjoying all the fun activities and sometimes I even forget that I have had any Surgery at all because of my Normal painless neck function. Thanks Dr Cantor.
    Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
    Are you Dr. Cantor?

Dr. Cantor's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cantor's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Cantor has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cantor's Board Certifications

• Cervical Spine Disorders
    • Cervical Spondylolisthesis
    • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
    • Gout
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
    • Lumbar Herniated Disc
    • Lumbar Radiculopathy
    • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Lupus
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

University Of Miami/Jackson

Completed in 1992

W Beaumont Hospital

Completed in 1993

Dr. Cantor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cantor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
    • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Laminectomy