Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryAge 62

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. They graduated from University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey in 1987. They are affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital. Their office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD

Cantor Spine Institute

3000 BAYVIEW DR Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Cantor with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at HCA Florida Northwest Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Northwest Hospital today at (954) 645-8026.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Northwest Hospital.

Dr. Cantor's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cantor

4.5

Excellent experience.
Clear explanation and empathy. Direct, positive and very good attention.
oscar perez – Feb 04, 2023
A true professional doctor
He was extremely caring, honest, took all the time I needed.
Jan 21, 2023
review /feedback on Dr.Cantor
Felt very comfortable.Dr.Cantor was very thorough in explaining medical condition and the surgical procedure to expect.Very patient and i felt he was concerned on my health
Jan 13, 2023
Consultation
A genuine professional who freely gave of his valuable time. Extremely knowledgeable and willing to share that knowledge. He put my interests over his own, and any professional who will do that, deserves praise.
Nov 30, 2022
Best medical office
Dr Cantor is an outstanding surgeon who is most concerned with a good outcome. He operated on my lower back in August 2022 with excellent results. I was able to walk my son down the aisle at his wedding in October. The exact outcome I was looking for! My recent visit was to determine the extent of damage to my cervical spine and whether surgery was needed. Dr Cantor determined that surgery is required to alleviate the increasing pain level and headaches. I am extremely confident that this will also be a good outcome. The entire staff at Dr Cantor's office is no less than outstanding and caring and they have all earned my trust and confidence.
Harry Cohen – Nov 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
The worst front desk with attitude.
Someone needs to train the people at the front desk to greet and welcome and smile at the patience. They also need them to be trained on how to answer the phone. Because you can never get a live person. You can only leave a message. I left three messages all were on returned. No excuses for bad business practice. I never got to see the doctor. Their policy is you have to drop off your MRIs reports and Any medical records prior to even making your first appointment to see if you need surgery. If not they recommend you go to their in-house pain management person. Took me two weeks to find out my file was sitting in the back and no one had the professionalism, courtesy or even apology for not doing their job. I never saw the doctor. Might be a nice guy might be a good position. But he needs a new staff.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Tried to scare me into surgery
I did not have a good experience with Dr Cantor at all. Firstly, each of my appointments I waited for HOURS past my appointment time. Very rude and disrespectful of my time and work schedule. Then, Dr Cantor tried to scare me into surgery by using scare tactics of what could happen if I don't have the surgery with him. Keep in mind, other surgeons.were telling me I didn't need the surgery but I wanted to cover my bases. After I ultimately decided to not get surgery, he needed to complete paperwork for my insurance policy which his office charged hundreds of dollars to do if I recall correctly. Then, after insisting I was losing spinal fluid and could go paralyzed, he stated on my paperwork that I was fine and essentially wasn't complaining of enough pain. Thus, really hurting my absolutely reputable claim and screwing my settlement. Surgery is MY decision and I shouldn't be forced into it and then punished for not listening to this man with a "God Complex"
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
ANN – Oct 24, 2022
The Best Spinal Care yu could ask for
I have a lot of cervical and lumbar issues stemming from over 4 decades. I have gone through 5 opinions until I met Dr. Cantor. I have been told there is nothing wrong with me to I will be paralyzed in the near future. Dr. Canto spent a long time with me patiently explain things several times to make sure I understood what my options were. I have, after 2 years of searching, PEACE, within, knowing that someone actually cares out there and wants to help. I cannot wait to have Dr. Cantor fix my issues. I am ready to get back to being outdoors hiking with the pups and learning to DANCE again!!!
Catherine Mramor – Oct 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Thoroughly went through images and explained problem and choices moving forward for treatment. Didn’t rush surgery, but explained he was there when it came time for it
Aug 17, 2022
great experience
Very professional and knowledgeable doctor with incredibly supportive stuff. I had two visits so far and I have gained a great deal of confidence in Dr. Cantor : he takes his time and goes into smallest details. I am a surgeon myself and thus considered to be the worst patient, yet his effort and communicative abilities have left me at ease during both visits. The technical aspects of his office are cutting edge (maybe some pun intended) and so far I feel very comfortable with his treatment approach. A+ to him and his helpers
Val Alexander – Aug 03, 2022
Business owner Oil and commercial
Very professional. I felt the difference in my strength right away. I had a 6 hour surgery and the doctor and his staff are the best.
Eloy Medina – Aug 01, 2022
Initial Consult
First time in a long time that I ran out of questions before a doctor ran out of answers. I do not want surgery but I know it is going to be the best course for a better life. I doubt that I would go to another surgeon. I have high hopes.
Jul 16, 2022
Best of the best
Thorough visit, dr. Cantor gave us a lot of time and explained my options. He successfully performed my neck surgery.
Best of the best – Jun 22, 2022
The best
Dr. Cantor and his staff are top notch. At my first visit, Dr. Cantor showed me my MRI, explained my problem, and how he plans to fix it. He showed me videos and went over everything from what I should be eating to the plan for my recovery. All of my preop, OR, and postop appointments were made the same day. All of my questions were addressed. I was very impressed with his knowledge, experience, compassion, organization, and efficiency. I recommend him wholeheartedly.
Dan O. – May 23, 2022
A WONDERFUL DOCTOR!!!
I researched surgeons all over the country for my cervical neck pain. I am an Investigator by trade. I selected Dr. Cantor because of his awesome reviews and educational YouTube videos. I flew across the country from New Mexico to see him and I was not disappointed. He is wonderful, his staff is wonderful, and the hospital provided exceptional care! I’m so glad I made the decision to see Dr. Cantor. I was in excruciating pain for months that was increasing daily. And after my surgery with Dr. Cantor I am 100% pain free! I feel like I have a new life!
Tara from New Mexico – May 20, 2022
R Nunez
Awesome Doctor and staff, did the right surgery. Woke up out of surgery and I could tell I had chosen the right doctor and staff. My numbness in both hand less numbness already. Of course soreness from surgery, but I know that will pass. Dr Cantor did Did anterior and Posterior at the same time. We traveled from Arizona to Florida to have this done . Holly Cross Hospital top Notch, Staff was very tentative. They handled all our hospital needs. Thank you very much doctor Canter.
Randy Nunez – Apr 30, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
The best spinal surgeon on the planet
I had a work injury & could’ve been in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. Dr. Cantor explained how he could bring me back to some level of comfort & maximize my mobility through surgery. His team worked tirelessly with my insurance company as my advocate with a PeerTo Peer consultation to get the entire procedure approved including the cadaver bones which they denied several times. My surgery went well yet I had a very rare striders attack that could’ve been life threatening with out Dr Cantor by my side. Dr. Cantor saved my life & will always be my hero as I saw a kind gentler side of him that many may not notice. I had a double fusion in the front & 5 cadaver bones in the rear. I am looking forward to doing my physical therapy at Cantor Spine as they are the experts on spinal care & the best choice for me to regain maximum mobility. I absolutely adore the staff & Dr. Cantor is my hero & comes highly recommended to anyone that needs any type of spinal repair.
Kim Zutantas – Mar 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I had a fractured spine and major sciatic nerve pain before seeing Dr. Cantor. He performed an L-5, S-1 Fusion and all that pain is gone. Then 8 months after that he performed a cervical fusion because of a bone spur pressing into my spinal cord which had caused me neck pain for 15 years. There's currently no more neck pain. Dr. Cantor and his team are highly recommended by me.
Josh Brown – Feb 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Had to wait an hour to see Dr. Cantor, but then Dr Jeffrey Cantor was so thorough at going through all the MRI images as well as the model form of neck....it was worth it! My husband and I left feeling that we both totally understood all details of the Cervical Stenosis and the surgery to repair it. His surgery is definitely less invasive then what I had previously discussed with another neck surgeon! He's definitely all about the total patient as he talked about going onto a diet before surgery to make your body as strong as it can be for the surgery. Also diet is suppose to make you less susceptible to infection and blood clots, which is really important as my surgery is approx. 3.5 hours +/- long.
Judy Conner – Jan 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I understand insurance company how they operate. I can’t get my head around of $1,000.00 just to consult my MRI. I need medical attention like yesterday. The pain I’m having is unbearable. Now I’m square 1 again in pain and have no idea what’s the MRI report said. No one in the Administrative Department could not call me in Advance before my today visit. I still can’t believe this. I’m speechless and sick of my stomach.
Jan 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cantor?