Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Cantor is affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital.

3000 Bayview Dr

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306

• AvMed
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Cantor

See how frequently Dr. Cantor performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone

Dr. Cantor's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Cantor "The Cantor Spine Institute's commitment to every patient is to work in the most conservative, least-invasive way possible. Dedicated to helping people of all ages who suffer spinal conditions, the Cantor Spine Institute works to help patients reduce pain and return to a healthy, normal life. To that end, a caring, compassionate patient-physician relationship is a hallmark of the practice."

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Cervical Spondylolisthesis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

• University Of Miami/Jackson
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • W Beaumont Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Cantor has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cantor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cantor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cantor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cantor to family and friends
Dr. Cantor's Performance
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
What a wonderful experience I have had! Dr. Cantor is kind, personable & so knowledgeable. He is the only doctor that offered me an option in the type of surgery for my condition. He spent a lot of time with me, answering all the questions my husband & I had. He & his wonderful team were always available before, during my hospitalization & after my return home. From start to finish this has been one of the most positive surgical experiences I have had. I highly endorse Dr Cantor & his Team! ,
in Palm City, FL |
Dr. Cantor operated on me for severe Spinal-Stenosis and Quadra-Peresis. The result of his surgery, after some rehabilitation, was excellent. My recovery was 99% and I am very grateful to Dr. Cantor.
in Hollywood, FL |
We ust returned from a 17-day trip to the West Coast. This time last year, a trip like this was unimaginable. I couldn’t walk through the mall without sitting down several times. Thanks to Dr. Cantor’s expertise and skill I regained my quality of life. Dr. Cantor performed two different, successful surgeries in one year. He watched over me, like a mother hen, through recovery. The office staff was literally on call. Thank you for enabling me to enjoy retirement and live a beautiful life again.
Delray Beach , FL |
I'm writing this on behalf of my dad who had surgery with Dr Cantor 2 yrs ago. .When he found Dr Cantor, he was impressed with the progressive nature of the surgery as it is different from traditional back surgeries. He was impressed with the amount of time Dr Cantor spent with him explaining everything and making him feel comfortable that this was the right procedure and physician for the job. The most amazing thing happened recently! My dad got back on the tennis court! Thanks, Dr Cantor!
in Miami, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Cantor. He carefully explained the surgery and answered all my questions. His staff took care of many details and made the process easier. Everyone took their time with me and I was never rushed. I'm very grateful to Dr. Cantor.
in Coconut Creek FL |
Dr. Cantor is a surgeon dedicated to helping his patients.. His skillsets are above and beyond other physicians, and he used his experience and knowledge to successfully treat my severe stenosis. Here I am, completely functional and with no risk of immobility. I understand that people shy away from any surgery that involves the spine and read only negative stories on the internet.....if I hadn't found Dr. Cantor, I would be reading those from a wheelchair!! Susan Garshon
in Lake Worth, FL |
I cannot say enough about the phenomenal care I received from Dr. Cantor & everyone at the spine institute. I showed up in a state of desperation, with multi level spinal cord compression & indescribable pain that left me incapacitated. From the moment Dr. Cantor entered the room, he was incredible. He went right to my MRI, began his analysis of what he could do to reconstruct my cervical spine. He was compassionate, meticulous & masterful at his unique reconstruction. Dr. Cantor saved my life!
in Boca Raton, FL. |
Dr. Cantor truly saved my life! In early January 2017, I required intricate, complicated neck surgery and my confidence in Dr. Cantor gave me assurance that I would do well. And I have! I believe his knowledge, expertise and passion are unique among doctors!! Thank you, Dr. Cantor and your PA, John Booher.
in Boca raton fl |
Remarkable doctor. Took a very difficult case and brought my back to health. Great support staff. Very encouraging with patients. Would recommend him to any member of my family
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
excellent patient care. I talked to four surgeons and Dr Cantor was by far the most knowledgeable. The surgery turned out better than expected.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr.Cantor doesn't rush you & explains the whole procedure from beginning to end & repeats it to make sure you understand. Goes over x-rays with you & explains every nick & cranny. He is a fine surgeon recommended by my brother who had back surgery done by him . This surgery was a great success also. My brother owned his own Physical Therapy Place & saw people who had their surgery done by Dr.Cantor and he never met a person who wasn't highly satisfied. We drove 9 hrs. round trip to see him.
in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl |
My experience with Dr. Cantor and his staff has been the highest and most satisfying in results that greatly exceeded my clinical expectations. After considering options, instead of a cervical fusion I chose to have a cervical laminoplasty. My constant pain in both arms was gone when I awoke after surgery. Post surgical pain was minimal and tolerable. I continue to recommend Dr. Cantor to all.
in Lighthouse Point |
It's hard to believe after 5 weeks of having L4/L5 back fusion surgery that I feel this good. So far, I've recommended Dr. Jeffrey Cantor to 6 people and will continue to tell people with back/neck pain that he's a phenomenal surgeon...! My expecations were exceeded in a big way....both from a recovery time as well as pain....I've had very little pain with my recovery. If my mom had spine issues, I would send her to Dr. Cantor immediately!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Words cannot adequately express the heartfelt gratitude my wife and I have for the care Dr. Cantor has provided to me. I was unable to walk without excruciating pain prior to my surgery, and only had to spend one night post op in the hospital. Three weeks later I was on a cruise and walking without pain, other than some discomfort from the very minimal incision. Not only is Dr. Cantor amazing, but all of his staff are equally wonderful and it is a pleasure to see them on return visits.
in Weston, FL |
I was in pain for 18 months and was seeing a pain specialist, being told I needed shots and that surgery was not for me. I was miserable. My niece worked for a spine surgeon and took it upon herself to make me an appointment with him after showing my MRI scans to him and him saying he could help me. I am 3 weeks post surgery for L3/4/5/S1 and I am complete pain free from my leg pain. Dr. Cantor performed the surgery and I was home the next day. I cannot even tell you the relief I got from this.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Cantor is a life saver! He performed my first surgery, a laminectomy and fusion in my lumbar spine 17 years ago and I am STILL pain free. After that surgery, I got pregnant 5 months later (not advisable) and due to carrying my son and natural birth I had another surgery a level up. That too has withstood the test of time. I just had a cervical fusion February 2017 and it is totally successful. Not only WOULD I refer people to dr. Cantor, I Do All The time! His PA John and Patrina are ??
Lake Worth, FL |
I met Dr. Cantor 15 years ago after having 2 back surgeries. Dr. Cantor was able to pin point my actual problem and corrected it when other doctors couldn't. 15 years later I'm feeling great! Just saw him for a checkup and all is good! I have and still would recommend Dr. Cantor to anyone who has back or neck problems.
Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Cantor reviewed my MRI results in detail and provided me with multiple options for treatment. He did not suggest surgery as my first option, yet rather my last. I think that's important as many doctors these days rush to put you under the knife. He spent a lot of time with me and made sure I was comfortable with the information that he had provided. He also provided my husband some great nutritional advice to help heal a wound he has. I believe that food is medicine so that was an added plus
in parkland, fl |
I recommend Dr. Cantor very highly. He explains everything about the surgery and recovery in extensive detail. He and his staff treat patients with concern and caring. You are given a diet to follow for optimum healing. The entire staff is available by phone or email. Dr. Cantor is extremely concerned with his patients whole body, not just the area where he is operating. Everything is done by him and his staff to make your surgery go as seamlessly as possible.
in Highland Beach, FL |
When I first went to Dr. Cantor I could hardly walk 1 block without having pain. After having the surgery I am able to walk about 2 miles twice a day. I can honestly say that I have not had any back pain since the surgery. The doctor was excellent BUT his staff was equally as good. They were caring and kind and listened carefully to my concerns and they responded to my calls quickly. Listen to the pre-surgical procedures-they help with the surgery and the post surgery recovery. Very Satisfied!
Pompano Beach, FL |
I had a complicated, serious neck injury. I interviewed one neurosurgeon and another orthopedic surgeon prior to consulting Dr. Cantor. The difference in the assessment, explanation of injury, proposed surgical outcome was like day and night. He was extremely meticulous in diagnosing my injury, putting me on a special healing diet and aligning me with professional aftercare, which includes his skilled staff as well as nursing. Cantor has me pain free and with movement, unlike others proposals.
in Hollywood, FL |
I was involved in a serious car accident, where I was hit by a careless driver while walking for my health. I suffered with severe neck pain for 1 year, until my foot/ankle specialist referred me to Dr. Cantor. Upon meeting him and listening to the way he explained the surgical procedure, I decided to go ahead with the surgery. The surgery was done and I am so happy to say that the surgery was a complete success. The recovery was not difficult at all, and Dr. Cantor and his staff was exceptional
in Davie, FL |
Dr. Cantor is very thorough. He takes time with you, not just to discuss the procedure, but he truly seems to care about you and your well being. He talks with you and not to/at you. Explains everything thoroughly and encourages questions. 3 months post surgery from a 2 level ACDF with partial Corpectomy and I am pain free. Thanks Dr. Cantor!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr Cantor is both an excellent diagnostician and spinal surgeon. I suffered from incapacitating pain in my buttock and thigh. Although i had seen both a neurologist and general orthopedic surgeon and had MRI studies of my lower back and hips, the correct diagnosis of nerve root impingement by a cyst and bone spur was delayed until my visit to Dr Cantor. Using a minimally invasive ultrasonic probe, he cured my pain from the moment I awakened from anesthesia. I left the hospital pain pain free.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Cantor perfectly performed a laminoplasty on 6 of my 7 vertebrae in my cervical spine. He spent so much time with us explaining this option to me when all other surgeons insisted on a 4 disc fusion! His passion for his work is obvious and his expertise on the spine is amazing. He literally saved my neck, affording me an active future. I can't recommend him enough!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Thanks to Dr. Cantor, my cervical spinal surgery was successful and recovery was a quick and painless process. Four months after my surgery, I am back to my old routine swimming three times a week with my trainer, Angela Crapis. I highly recommend Dr. Cantor to anyone in need of spinal surgery.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Cantor because he gave me my life back. I had been in Pain for 6 months, trying shots, and epidurals. Nothing helped. After seeing Dr. Cantor and having my surgery, I was without any pain within 10 days. I listened to everything he told me to do and now back to walking and soon back to work. Most important is that if you wait in his office, you are rewarded by the time he spends with you. He will answer every question you have and explain everything.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I am truly fortunate to have met Dr. Cantor. He provided me with the utmost, individualized care and concern throughout my entire surgery and rehabilitation. I was initially nervous to undergo such a serious procedure but he explained everything in such detail so that I was easily able to understand my experiences and feel calm. I trusted his decision-making and was confident that he had my best interests at heart.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
After being and avid skier and outdoorsman for the past 65 years, I found that sciatica had made it impossible for me to continue these activities. Dr. Cantor's explanation of my condition and the steps needed to correct it were straightforward and concise. I have now had my 16 week checkup following surgery and I couldn't be happier. Not only has all of the pain gone away but I am now able to exercise and start to get ready to resume my winter and summer activities without pain.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Surgery was a great success....no complications...Great surgeon...great and caring office staff with tremendous post-op follow-up and care. After consulting with doctors all over the country for my surgery, I can say that Dr. Cantor in my opinion is one of the finest neuro-surgeons in the US and I am so glad I decided to have him do my complex cervical surgery.
in Tamarac, FL |
When I first went to Dr. Cantor I was suffering from severe back pain radiating down my left leg. I didn't know what my problem was, but I was suffering. I was diagnosed with severe lumbar spinal stenosis. Dr. Cantor performed ultrasonic surgery on my back. It is a new procedure and I got amazing results. I am now pain free and back to my normal physical activities. Dr. Cantor is a surgical genius. Harris Cooper Tamarac, Florida
in Sunrise, FL |
Dr. Cantor is very professional and caring. I felt like his priority was to get me back to my normal life and not just fix the problem and move on. He provided very good information and education prior to and after surgery. I applaud him for taking the time and effort to prepare meal plans and schedules for his patients. I cannot thank him and his staff enough. I feel like I made the best decision by letting him treat me and my injury. Thank You Dr. Cantor
in Boca Raton, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Cantor in late 2013 regarding my upper spine (cervical)spinal stenosis which was causing both my arms to have constant numbness and tingling. He diagnosed and thoroughly explained the cause and his recommendation and I elected to have a cervical laminoplasty in January, 2014. The operation was a complete success, the recovery time was as projected and I was back on the golf course in late March.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I had 2 cervical spine surgeries before I relocated to Florida. I was referred to Dr. Cantor by a well respected orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Cantor spent time with me every appointment I have had. He listens and answers all my questions. I felt after my first appt. that he was trustworthy and honest about the surgery I needed and what outcomes I could expect. He did my surgery and my recovery was better than what I expected! I have never had a problem getting an appt. & his staff is great!
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr Cantor saved me! A year ago i had terrible pains in my shoulder & neck along with "electricity" in my right hand & arm. After taking an MRI, it was determined that i had major spinal stenosis from C2- C7 & bone spurs in C4/5 and 5/6. Other respected surgeons all told me i needed 2 operations, and that i would be in the hospital for 5 days after each one. Dr Cantor using his unique equipment/procedures did it in 1 operation and i was home in24 hrs. Feeling perfect now thanks to Dr Cantor!
in Sunrise, FL |
Dr. Cantor is amazing. he saved me from becoming completely paralyzed. And his surgical technique allows me to have almost normal range of motion, instead of being fused throughout my neck, as is the case with people who go to other surgeons. He explained on my first visit that he usually runs late because he gives each patient all the time they need. I really respect and appreciate that. He answers all my questions and gives me his undivided attention. His staff is attentive, friendly, and
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Cantor took an extraordinary amount of time explaining my MRI and the procedure necessary to relieve my ongoing pain. After 16 months of back pain and sciatica, I am finally pain free. Dr. Cantor and his P.A., John, are easy to talk with and all the staff I came in contact with were courteous and friendly. Great experience from start to finish.
in Wilton Manors, FL. |
Bob Condron Sept. 2016. Went to Dr. Cantor upon recommendations of some friends of my brother who work at Holy Cross. Was in severe pain both in back and sciatica in right leg. Made appointment with Dr. Cantor and found that it was stenosis L-5 to S-1 and a ruptured disc L-4 to L-5. He takes the time to thoroughly explain what the problems are while pointing it out with the MRI on the wall. I feel better than I have in years and I cannot thank him enough!
Only person period I would let operate on my spine. THE BEST ! Thxs Dr Cantor
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Took my back problem when most surgeons would not. I had severe stenosis L 2and L3, compression fracture of the L3 that had been glued.L4 ,5 and S1 Fusion. I went to Dr Cantor because a friend told me he was very good. I had severe pain in lower back right thigh and leg. He operated on me and removed a piece of bone that was crushing the L3 root nerve. He then removed the stenosis and fused the L3 and L2 using a spacer no rods or screws The vertebrae are starting to fuse with my bone growth.
Panama City, FL |
Dr.Cantor is a very thorough, meticulous physician. I was impressed by the fact he looks at the whole picture and not only discusses surgery but the need for good nutrition and exercise in preparation for surgery. He is committed to offering the least invasive procedures with the best outcomes for his patients. He has dedicated years to perfecting his unique technique and is constantly searching for a better way to care for his patients.
in Coral Springs, FL |
C-2 thru C-7 Neck Fusion Surgery 2004 No pain or issues as of 2016 F-4/F-5 Lumbar Fusion Surgery April 2016- Used Ultrasonic technique. No pain after surgery and was able to walk normally the next day pain free. You are never treated like a number, he honestly cares, develops new procedures so his patients have less down time and less discomfort, takes the time with you and no surprises. This Ultrasonic technique he developed is AMAZING.....just like he is!
in New York, NY |
Underwent a lumbar interbody fusion at L2-L3 and a dome decompression at L3-L4 with Coflex spacer. 3 1/2 months later surgery appears to be a complete success. Pain which, pre-surgery was practically unbearable, is gone. Exercises are helping regain strength and range of motion and will soon enable me to resume my activities. Dr. Canton prepares his patients extremely well from explaining the procedure to nutritional recommendations. The Platinum Care Program still needs a few adjustments
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I had cervical spine surgery with Dr. Jeffrey Cantor. He is an excellent surgeon. I thought he was terrific and will spend lots of time with you at your office visit.
in Bahamas |
The whole experience left a lot to be desired. We were overseas patients. On arrival everything seemed very efficient. Everything deteriorated very quickly into a complete shambles. After an almost 3 hour wait to see the Dr., the appointment was a quick 10 minutes in which he repeated himself several times.He got the age of the patient wrong and as we were advised by a nurse that he had to be somewhere else, it was very apparent by the way he rushed in and then sent us on our way.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I almost selected another doctor to help me with my spinal pain. Walking for more than ten minutes became so painful I was held back from enjoying visits to parks, museums or even daily shopping. I decided to get a second opinion. My neighbor was a patient of Dr. Cantor. He was so happy with the results of his surgery I immediately arranged for an evaluation by Dr. Cantor. The surgery Dr. Cantor recommended was what was needed. On tour recently, I was able to walk for over 4hrs - no pain.
in Miami, FL |
Dr Cantor performed a Laminoplasty neck surgery on me 15 years ago . And I've been pain free ever since . He is a tremendously skilled and gave me the gift of courage to be able to live a normal life with my wonderful family and the confidence to keep on enjoying all the fun activities and sometimes I even forget that I have had any Surgery at all because of my Normal painless neck function. Thanks Dr Cantor.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Are you Dr. Cantor?