Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 59

Dr. Cantor

Cantor Spine Institute

3000 Bayview Dr Ft Lauderdale, FL 33306

Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Ft Lauderdale, FL and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School in 1987 and specializes in minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

Dr. Cantor's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cantor

4.5

2.484472049689441%

Dr. Cantor?
Dr. Cantor's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD
Decided not to have surgery with Dr. Cantor. Seemed too fixated on money (extra fee over insurance).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
His office staff is unresponsesive,no one returns phone calls. Accounting department is harmful,dangerous and unresponsive. They turned my paid in full cash account into collections, damaging my credit score , where the damages accrue to the very time of this written review and have been for about six months. Medically, Dr Cantor prescribed the wrong pain medication resulting in agony for me until someone from his practice came to me in the hospital at 4:30 AM to sign off on the corrected medication. If all the above wasn’t enough, I had a bad headache for about eight month post oprratively. Davyd Margolis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Dr. Cantor saved my life. After 11 years of searching I finally found someone with a solution I could accept. Others wanted to fuse 5 vertebrae. I refused. On 12/3/18 Dr. Cantor performed posterior decompression surgery C2 - C6, then did an anterior single fusion C3/C4. My vertebrae are now stable, my spinal canal is wide open, and after 3.5 months I have almost full range of motion in my neck, no pain, my symptoms of spinal cord impingement are gone and I'm not afraid to move anymore.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
All I have been reading is about this doctor who is world renowned, one of the best in his field...he has desperately ill people dealing with chronic pain come in for a "free/complimentary" review of your MRIs and then if he finds something on them to discuss, without telling your this first, charges $600 to come back for an actual discussion/consult about what he found on the MRI. UPFRONT TRANSPARENCY without the God complex. We don't have a lot of time left with no quality of life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Dr. Cantor is amazing. From the first minute I met him there was no question that he was the Surgeon for me. He spent lots of time with me on diagnosis explaining my issues and his plan to correct them perfectly. His staff are caring and for a surgical experience this was tops. I had many questions just before and certainly after and I always got the answers, instructions, and care that I needed. If your in need of spinal surgery and you’re reading this you’ve found your guy. Don’t think twice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Dr. Cantor is truly a professional doctor who takes care of the total patient before surgery and after the procedure. He insists that the body before surgery be placed on a special diet to minimize any difficulties during the procedure, and he is always looking out for the patient's best interest. The procedure that was performed on my cervical spine is called a laminectomy with fusion for spinal stenosis. I will always recommend Dr. Cantor to my friends and family for any spinal procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
As a Recovery Room RN with 38 yrs experience I would sometimes see back/neck surgical patients return for re-do surgery due to pain. So, after injuring my neck, I waited many years before I attempted it. Seeing that Dr Cantor had perfected better techniques and instruments and that cared about the patients long-term outcome, I had my neck surgery in Feb, 2018 and I feel terrific !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Dr. Cantor performed an L5 fusion on me in July of 2018. Although I am still healing, my experience with Dr. Cantor and his team has been nothing less than awesome. I had previous surgeries (microdiscectomies) while living in the Northeast, so I am somewhat a veteran patient. When I needed a fusion, I wanted the best. I found Dr. Cantor to be the "Tom Brady" of spine surgeons and like Tom Brady, Dr. Cantor has a great team behind him, especially his PA Lauren, who has been outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
I had a ruptured disk, cracked spine, & sciatic pain. First doctor I went to gave me pain killers & steroids which did nothing to relieve the pain. She did not give me much hope. Flew to CA to visit a second doctor, same thing, pain management. Did more research and found Dr Cantor. On my first visit he told me he could fix my problem, spent time with me & showed me what he would do - explained everything to me. I said let's do it. Now, no more pain, feeling great. Highly recommend Dr, Cantor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?
Cantor is, by far, the best spinal surgeon in Broward County. I woke up one morning without the use of my right leg- literally. I was only 53, and Cantor met with me and I was in surgery 4 days later. When I woke up, I was fine. And when I say fine, I mean no pain, no impairment, and I was skiing 6 months later. He is exceptional. Since then, I've referred several people to him. He does not operate unless he can truly help, and those people upon whom he did operate did extremely well. Co
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Cantor, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cantor?

Cantor Spine Institute is dedicated to delivering the best patient care across the entirety of the patient journey, and the entire team is aligned in the constant goal of getting our patients to "BETTER."

Cantor Spine Inst...

1988
1987
1983

Dr. Cantor accepts

Dr. Cantor accepts the following insurance:

Medicare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Cantor's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy