Dr. Jeffrey Bunning, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Bunning, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jeffrey Bunning, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Bristol, TN. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Bunning is affiliated with Wellmont Bristol Regional Medical Center.

3185 W State St Ste 2010

Bristol, TN 37620

• American Republic
  • Anthem
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Bunning

See how frequently Dr. Bunning performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eye Infections
Keratitis
Senile Cataracts

Dr. Bunning's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Orbit Evisceration
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Ohio University / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • West Virginia University
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • MD
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • MD
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Bunning has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bunning does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bunning and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bunning's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bunning to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Bunning's Performance
in Johnson City, TN |
Dr. Burning was very thorough and knowledgeable. He was very kind and patient. His staff were very helpful and friendly. I definitely left with a smile on my face. You do not get this level of treatment in every office. I would recommend Dr. Bunning to anyone looking for an Ophthalmologist.
Dr. Bunning is great. He was very patient and helpful. He presented me with my treatment options and was very thorough at explaining the implications. I avoided an unnecessary and expensive treatment that had been recommended elsewhere. I would definitely recommend Dr. Bunning.
in Bristol, TN |
My mom had her eyes dilated at another place and when she went home they would not go back to normal. She had to be hospitalized because of it. Dr. Bunning was the one who took over her care after that. He did laser surgery on her. She had trifocals when she came to him but afterwards didn't need glasses. He recently did laser surgery on both of mine because of "narrow angel". Be careful having your eyes dilated until you know for sure it's safe. Our family is very appreciative of Dr. Bunning!
in Gray, TN |
I have never had a bad experience with Dr. Bunning or his staff. Dr. Bunning's assistants are always kind and very knowledgeable. Dr. Bunning takes his time to explain everything in my exams. He is extremely professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Bunning.
I have been a patient of Dr Bunning for nearly ten years. Nothing but praise for his knowledge and skill. Would recommend him without hesitation. When comparing multiple opinions one must remember that the second opinion may be wrong and the first correct. Only time will tell !!!!
Blountville |
Very pleased with the care I received. Felt like Dr. Bunning had my best interest in mind and really listened. Staff was very nice and helpful. Wait time was ok but about what I expected. My wife and kids will see him when they need eye exams.
Kingsport, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Bunning's for 11 yrs and I wouldn't trust my eyes to anyone else! I have MS and sometimes have double vision with my flare ups. Dr. Bunning's technicians work me in the same day. He does a very thorough exam and makes sure to answer all my questions. The office is usually pretty busy and sometimes there is a wait, but I take that as a good sign that I'm in the right place and getting top notch care!
Johnson City, TN |
I absolutely love Dr. Bunning!!! I take a medication that requires an eye exam every 6 months. His staff is always pleasant and helpful. After the wonderful care he has given me, my whole family goes to Dr. Bunning. I would highly recommend Dr. Bunning
in Virginia |
Bad diagnosis! After a $180 exam Dr. Bunning said I needed laser surgery to drain fluid from my eyes due to to "narrow channels". He said I needed to get that done ASAP and wanted to do it that very day. I wanted a second opinion and went to Duke University Eye Clinic in N.C. After multiple examinations taking over 3 hours they said that the laser procedure was not, in any way, recommended, let alone needed. They said it likely would not be needed for several years, if ever. Caution advised!!!
Blountville, TN |
'Beyond' OUTSTANDING = Dr Bunning, his Staff (Mountain Empire Eye Care), his Facility (Mountain Empire Eye Care !!! [Cataract Surgery = both eyes in 2.5 weeks]
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Bunning, MD?
Are you Dr. Bunning?

KeyCare PPO
  • CHAMPVA
    Southern Health PPO
  • HealthSmart
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico