Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 64

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rutgers University medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and Monmouth Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bruce to book an appointment.

Columbia University Medical Center Neurology

Dr. Bruce's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bruce

94.20289855072464%

Dr. Bruce?
  • Explained conditions well (63)
  • Listened & answered questions (62)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (62)
  • Long wait times (11)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (3)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
Dr. Bruce is an excellent surgeon and a wonderful Dr. to go through surgery with. He was kind, patient and warm! I highly recommend him. his office staff and the team in the hospital were also wonderful. Considering I was having brain surgery I had a very positive experience!
Apr 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce manages time very efficiently so that he can maximize time with each patient. His office is run superbly. He is a great surgeon (he's operated on me twice) and maintains a permanent interest in my health and welfare. I could not recommend him more highly.
Jon Landau – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce was kind and patient and spoke to me in language I could understand about my condition. His team is absolutely wonderful and responsive and I am so grateful for his diligent, experienced care.
Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce is the most amazing neurosurgeon! He was very welcoming to take me on as a patient from the start. I had a great experience with him as my doctor and fully recovered. I fully recommend him and am so so so grateful that he is my doctor. He is the absolute best out there in terms of precision, care and attention.
Former patient – Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Despite my extremely busy day, it is is more than necessary to stop and thank Dr. Jeffrey Bruce for not only his expertise but also his absolutely extraordinary patience, quick thinking and solution driven approach. During our zoom with my mother who was obviously very concerned about her diagnosis, he exuded genuine care and appropriate spiritedness to make the call less difficult for us. He is wise, experienced and knowledgeable. Easy to talk with, explained thoroughly and with great clarity. We have several family and friends who are also Doctors and they affirmed that he provided the best approach and options. Simply put, we need more human beings and Doctors like Dr. Jeffrey Bruce. Edwards and Reid
Edwards & Reid – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Jeffrey Bruce for over 20 years. His caring, compassionate manner coupled with precise approach for addressing symptoms and treatment is exceptional and rare!
Healey Stepanic – Mar 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Best doctor - highly recommend - thank you Dr. Bruce!
Meropi – Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I can't emphasize what a privilege it is to be treated by a world-class physician like Dr. Bruce. I have been under his care since 2012, first as a follow-up to a tumor removal in another state, then later as the tumor returned and had to be removed again. Dr. Bruce is warm, kind, and incredibly professional. When my pituitary tumor returned, I had no hesitation about having Dr. Bruce remove it. I actually apologized to him (jokingly) because my issue is so minor compared with some of the really complex brain issues he deals with on a daily basis. I look forward to my yearly follow-ups with him and his staff.
Chris P. – Mar 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. Bruce's care and resolution of my medical problem.
Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce went above and beyond with my post-op care and the surgery was a success. I am very thankful to have has him as my neurosurgeon.
Feb 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I am a patient of Dr. Bruce since 2015. Dr. Bruce and his staff are very helpful, courteous, and prompt. Ready to provide guidance, and any information we need.
  • Long wait times
Mort Hashemi – Feb 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce is an outstanding and caring surgeon. He and his staff were wonderful to deal with.
Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
He was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process. Dr. Bruce was honest, up-front, and always receptive to our concerns. He also performed a wonderful surgery that seems to have gone even better than expected. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering the types of surgeries he performs!!
Henry A. – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I don't even know where to start with how thankful I am for Dr. Bruce and his team. I underwent two surgeries with him in December on a part of my brain that is rare to have surgery on (pineal), but that Dr. Bruce specializes in, and I was home, after each surgery, within two days (including home for Christmas with my kiddo!). Despite never imagining undergoing any brain surgeries, let alone two in a row, Dr. Bruce and his team made me feel comforted, and I knew I was in the right hands. As it was during the pandemic, I didn't risk having family come visit after either surgery and, as challenging as that was, I didn't feel alone thanks to Dr. Bruce and his team. I also want to thank Aileen and Amanda for their support and help with scheduling (I was admitted directly from my consultation) and answering all of my questions (and I had a lot!). Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Kristie – Jan 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Many years looking for a Doctor that help my Condition until I found Dr Bruce the best in his Speciality. So thankful for him. ??
Adalgisa Contreras – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce has been an amazing doctor. He has helped me a lot. I came out of surgery feeling great and recovering well. I highly recommend him.
jennifer Nicanor – Mar 18, 2020
Peggy Stern – Mar 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
My husband was diagnosed with recurrent glioblastoma and was referred to Dr. Bruce for surgery. Immediately after meeting with Dr. Bruce and his wonderful staff, surgery was scheduled for the following week. This high grade glioma was successfully removed and my husband is now being treated by the excellent Neuro-Oncology Department at Columbia/New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Bruce and his staff are beyond great and we appreciate all that was accomplished in record time. Sending special kudos to Dr. Bruce, Aileen, and this entire office for guiding us through this very difficult diagnosis. Linda and Harvey, Cliffside Park, NJ - March 5, 2020
Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
In my opinion Dr. Bruce is the top Brain Surgeon in the country. From first consultation through surgery and post-surgical follow up Dr. Bruce was the epitome of professionalism, yet with a deep underlying care for me and my family that goes beyond the standard doctor / patient relationship. He explained in great detail the entire treatment process, including the risks associated with the surgery, yet clearly chose to focus on all the positive aspects of the treatment which was of great comfort to my wife and family. He has assembled a first class team of medical and non-medical professionals that have clearly embraced his way of doing things. Everyone involved puts the patient first. In fact, the word family is used by everyone on his team. The patient is family and it is Dr. Bruce and his team’s mission to take care of family. Suffice it to say my family and I were extremely blessed to have had the good fortune to be put in the care of Dr. Bruce.
David Francke – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr Bruce was very professional, explained everything in a clear and concise manner and spent as much time as we needed to understand the procedure. He is an excellent surgeon and we have the utmost respect for what he is able to do.
Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bruce?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Dr. Bruce treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Radiation-Induced Meningioma
Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Bruce performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Bruce performs this procedure more than 94% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Complex Skull Base Surgery
  • Craniectomy
  • Craniotomy
  • Craniotomy for Aneurysm
  • Craniotomy for Brain Tumor
  • Skull Base Surgery
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Bruce's conditions and procedures:

• Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Repair Intracranial Aneurysm
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery

Dr. Bruce accepts

Dr. Bruce accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
United Healthcare EPO
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. Bruce is a leading authority on complex tumors of the brain and skull base.  He leads a multidisciplinary effort as Co-Director of the Brain...Read more

• Neurosurgery