Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 35 years. He specializes in neurosurgery.

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Columbia University Medical Center Neurology

Dr. Bruce's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bruce

Dr. Bruce?
Dr. Bruce's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD
Dr Bruce was very professional, explained everything in a clear and concise manner and spent as much time as we needed to understand the procedure. He is an excellent surgeon and we have the utmost respect for what he is able to do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Jeffrey Bruce is the most brilliant, talented, and humbled doctors I have ever come across. From the moment of consultation he makes you feel at ease and comfortable with the process. Dr. Bruce recently removed a rare skull base tumor that needed the expertise and skill of a neurosurgeon like him in order to be successful. Putting this into his hands was a life saving decision. Dr. Bruce treats you with kindness and compassion putting you and your family at ease. During my follow up visit he greeted my family and I with open arms and a hug congratulating me on my successful surgery. I had my surgery on 12.16.19 and made it home for Christmas thanks to Dr. Bruce and his elite team at NYP. Dr. Bruce words will never be able to describe how thankful we are for individuals like you. Thank you. Special shout out to Aileen, Natalie and Dr. Bruce's incredible staff who keep you well informed about appointments, follow up visits, and coordination of surgery. You're the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Bruce, while no other doctors showed confidence to conduct my husbands operation, Dr. Bruce stepped up to the plate and did a fantastic job. After much deliberation and strife it was he who finally brought me and my family peace of my mind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr Bruce is a top class surgeon. He is an even better person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
After initial diagnosis of a low grade glioma tumor in a complex location of the brain, we did our research to find the best doctor in the field and are ever grateful that it led us to Dr. Bruce. He was factual about the situation but we felt confident that he had the skill and willingness to take on the challenge. He successfully removed the tumor in it's entirety, eliminating the need for any radiation or chemo and 2 days later I was back at home recovering with no complications. Simply couldn't ask for more in a Dr. and we are so thankful...highly recommend his expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I was diagnosed with a serious cancerous brain tumor. Dr. Bruce, who I have never met, was a wonderful surgeon who removed the tumor and instilled a sense of calm. I would like to wish him, his family and the caregivers all the very best in their lives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Drbruxe removed a meningioma from my head may 22 2019 there were many complex and rare complications he and his team supported me and my family incredibly well he was extremely supportive before the surgery also when I walked into his office two months after surgery for the first follow up 6’t” + de Bruce.came out from behind his desk and gave me 5’1” 110 lbs a big bear hug
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce and his team are the best! They were able to successfully remove a 5cm cerebellar astrocytoma, and 2 weeks after my surgery I feel like I'm ready to go back to my life. As a current dental student, I was worried about the consequences of surgery. But as soon we met, Dr. Bruce' calm demeanor and expertise put me and my family at ease, so much so that we did not feel the need to look for other opinions. I'm so glad I chose him as my neurosurgeon. Forever thankful to him and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce removed a pituitary adenoma about 10 years ago and again in 2019. Dr. Bruce is an amazing surgeon! He is patient, explains everything, and he makes you feel at ease given the types of surgeries he does can be intimidating. Dr. Bruce and his staff go out of their way to make the process as easy as possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Bruce and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr Bruce removed a walnut sized Renal Cell carcinoma tumor from my brain in 2013. The surgery went very well & I was able to get back to my life! I’ve been followed by Dr. Bruce for the past 6 years & my brain MRI have been clear until this past May when they discovered a new tumor. This tumor was much smaller. It was removed by Dr. Bruce last week. I was home two days later & I’m doing well. I can’t believe how well I’m doing actually!! Dr. Bruce is a top notch neuro-surgeon and has a wonderful staff. I would like to send a special thanks to Aileen & his staff who always manage to accomplish the impossible in his office & a big THANK YOU to Dr. Bruce.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bruce?

Dr. Bruce accepts

Dr. Bruce accepts the following insurance:

Cigna EPO

Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision

Dr. Bruce performs Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Bruce performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Bruce performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Bruce performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

• Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Torticollis
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Neurosurgery

1984
New York Presbyterian Hospital - Columbia Presbyterian Center
1983
Rutgers University

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bruce treats patients.

74% Patient experience rating, 5% higher than the national average

60% Patient experience rating, 9% lower than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020)

73% Patient experience rating, 4% higher than the national average