Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 64

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rutgers University medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and Monmouth Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bruce to book an appointment.

Columbia University Medical Center Neurology

New Patient?
Dept of Neurology710 W 168th St # 4-434 New York, NY 10032

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Columbia University Medical Center Neurology

Dr. Bruce's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bruce

Dr. Bruce?
  • Explained conditions well (56)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (56)
  • Listened & answered questions (55)
  • Long wait times (11)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (3)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
Dr. Bruce went above and beyond with my post-op care and the surgery was a success. I am very thankful to have has him as my neurosurgeon.
Feb 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I am a patient of Dr. Bruce since 2015. Dr. Bruce and his staff are very helpful, courteous, and prompt. Ready to provide guidance, and any information we need.
Mort Hashemi – Feb 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce is an outstanding and caring surgeon. He and his staff were wonderful to deal with.
Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
He was absolutely wonderful throughout the entire process. Dr. Bruce was honest, up-front, and always receptive to our concerns. He also performed a wonderful surgery that seems to have gone even better than expected. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering the types of surgeries he performs!!
Henry A. – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I don't even know where to start with how thankful I am for Dr. Bruce and his team. I underwent two surgeries with him in December on a part of my brain that is rare to have surgery on (pineal), but that Dr. Bruce specializes in, and I was home, after each surgery, within two days (including home for Christmas with my kiddo!). Despite never imagining undergoing any brain surgeries, let alone two in a row, Dr. Bruce and his team made me feel comforted, and I knew I was in the right hands. As it was during the pandemic, I didn't risk having family come visit after either surgery and, as challenging as that was, I didn't feel alone thanks to Dr. Bruce and his team. I also want to thank Aileen and Amanda for their support and help with scheduling (I was admitted directly from my consultation) and answering all of my questions (and I had a lot!). Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Kristie – Jan 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Many years looking for a Doctor that help my Condition until I found Dr Bruce the best in his Speciality. So thankful for him. ??
Adalgisa Contreras – Jul 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce has been an amazing doctor. He has helped me a lot. I came out of surgery feeling great and recovering well. I highly recommend him.
jennifer Nicanor – Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce is an excellent surgeon and a wonderful Dr. to go through surgery with. He was kind, patient and warm! I highly recommend him. his office staff and the team in the hospital were also wonderful. Considering I was having brain surgery I had a very positive experience!
Peggy Stern – Mar 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
My husband was diagnosed with recurrent glioblastoma and was referred to Dr. Bruce for surgery. Immediately after meeting with Dr. Bruce and his wonderful staff, surgery was scheduled for the following week. This high grade glioma was successfully removed and my husband is now being treated by the excellent Neuro-Oncology Department at Columbia/New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Bruce and his staff are beyond great and we appreciate all that was accomplished in record time. Sending special kudos to Dr. Bruce, Aileen, and this entire office for guiding us through this very difficult diagnosis. Linda and Harvey, Cliffside Park, NJ - March 5, 2020
Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
In my opinion Dr. Bruce is the top Brain Surgeon in the country. From first consultation through surgery and post-surgical follow up Dr. Bruce was the epitome of professionalism, yet with a deep underlying care for me and my family that goes beyond the standard doctor / patient relationship. He explained in great detail the entire treatment process, including the risks associated with the surgery, yet clearly chose to focus on all the positive aspects of the treatment which was of great comfort to my wife and family. He has assembled a first class team of medical and non-medical professionals that have clearly embraced his way of doing things. Everyone involved puts the patient first. In fact, the word family is used by everyone on his team. The patient is family and it is Dr. Bruce and his team’s mission to take care of family. Suffice it to say my family and I were extremely blessed to have had the good fortune to be put in the care of Dr. Bruce.
David Francke – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr Bruce was very professional, explained everything in a clear and concise manner and spent as much time as we needed to understand the procedure. He is an excellent surgeon and we have the utmost respect for what he is able to do.
Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Jeffrey Bruce is the most brilliant, talented, and humbled doctors I have ever come across. From the moment of consultation he makes you feel at ease and comfortable with the process. Dr. Bruce recently removed a rare skull base tumor that needed the expertise and skill of a neurosurgeon like him in order to be successful. Putting this into his hands was a life saving decision. Dr. Bruce treats you with kindness and compassion putting you and your family at ease. During my follow up visit he greeted my family and I with open arms and a hug congratulating me on my successful surgery. I had my surgery on 12.16.19 and made it home for Christmas thanks to Dr. Bruce and his elite team at NYP. Dr. Bruce words will never be able to describe how thankful we are for individuals like you. Thank you. Special shout out to Aileen, Natalie and Dr. Bruce's incredible staff who keep you well informed about appointments, follow up visits, and coordination of surgery. You're the best!
Jaimie Grogan – Dec 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Bruce, while no other doctors showed confidence to conduct my husbands operation, Dr. Bruce stepped up to the plate and did a fantastic job. After much deliberation and strife it was he who finally brought me and my family peace of my mind.
Hiu Ming Cheng/Sheng Liang Wang – Dec 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr Bruce is a top class surgeon. He is an even better person.
Mauro Dobrich – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
After initial diagnosis of a low grade glioma tumor in a complex location of the brain, we did our research to find the best doctor in the field and are ever grateful that it led us to Dr. Bruce. He was factual about the situation but we felt confident that he had the skill and willingness to take on the challenge. He successfully removed the tumor in it's entirety, eliminating the need for any radiation or chemo and 2 days later I was back at home recovering with no complications. Simply couldn't ask for more in a Dr. and we are so thankful...highly recommend his expertise.
Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
I was diagnosed with a serious cancerous brain tumor. Dr. Bruce, who I have never met, was a wonderful surgeon who removed the tumor and instilled a sense of calm. I would like to wish him, his family and the caregivers all the very best in their lives.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Elaine M. Walker – Oct 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Drbruxe removed a meningioma from my head may 22 2019 there were many complex and rare complications he and his team supported me and my family incredibly well he was extremely supportive before the surgery also when I walked into his office two months after surgery for the first follow up 6’t” + de Bruce.came out from behind his desk and gave me 5’1” 110 lbs a big bear hug
Oct 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce and his team are the best! They were able to successfully remove a 5cm cerebellar astrocytoma, and 2 weeks after my surgery I feel like I'm ready to go back to my life. As a current dental student, I was worried about the consequences of surgery. But as soon we met, Dr. Bruce' calm demeanor and expertise put me and my family at ease, so much so that we did not feel the need to look for other opinions. I'm so glad I chose him as my neurosurgeon. Forever thankful to him and his team.
Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr. Bruce removed a pituitary adenoma about 10 years ago and again in 2019. Dr. Bruce is an amazing surgeon! He is patient, explains everything, and he makes you feel at ease given the types of surgeries he does can be intimidating. Dr. Bruce and his staff go out of their way to make the process as easy as possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Bruce and his staff!
Barbara – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?
Dr Bruce removed a walnut sized Renal Cell carcinoma tumor from my brain in 2013. The surgery went very well & I was able to get back to my life! I’ve been followed by Dr. Bruce for the past 6 years & my brain MRI have been clear until this past May when they discovered a new tumor. This tumor was much smaller. It was removed by Dr. Bruce last week. I was home two days later & I’m doing well. I can’t believe how well I’m doing actually!! Dr. Bruce is a top notch neuro-surgeon and has a wonderful staff. I would like to send a special thanks to Aileen & his staff who always manage to accomplish the impossible in his office & a big THANK YOU to Dr. Bruce.
Ken, Poughkeepsie, NY – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Bruce, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bruce?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Dr. Bruce treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Radiation-Induced Meningioma
Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Bruce performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Bruce performs this procedure more than 94% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Complex Skull Base Surgery
  • Craniectomy
  • Craniotomy
  • Craniotomy for Aneurysm
  • Craniotomy for Brain Tumor
  • Skull Base Surgery
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Bruce's conditions and procedures:

• Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Repair Intracranial Aneurysm
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery

Dr. Bruce accepts

Dr. Bruce accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
United Healthcare EPO
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. Bruce is a leading authority on complex tumors of the brain and skull base.  He leads a multidisciplinary effort as Co-Director of the Brain...Read more

• Neurosurgery