Dr. Jeffrey Berg, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Berg, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Jeffrey Berg, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Reston, VA and has been practicing for 20 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine, and more.Read his story

Town Center Orthopaedic Associates

1860 Town Center Dr Ste 300

Reston, VA 20190

• Anthem
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Berg

See how frequently Dr. Berg performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
Joint Pain
Knee Disorders

Dr. Berg's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Berg's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Berg "I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I have been practicing orthopaedics since 1997 and I am Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Originally from Philadelphia, I earned my medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine in 1992. For the next five years, as part of my internship and residency, I continued advanced training in orthopaedic surgery. Having played on the Boston University football team, I had a particular interest in pursuing sports medicine. Following my orthopaedic training, I completed a year-long fellowship program, subspecializing in orthopaedic sports medicine and arthroscopy at the Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine and Athletic Trauma (NISMAT) in New York. As a specialist in sports medicine, my practice is focused on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of sports-related injuries. I have been on the medical staff of multiple professional, collegiate and scholastic teams, including serving as orthopaedic team physician for the Washington Redskins from 2002 until 2008. Presently, I am the team physician for W.T. Woodson and Briar Woods High Schools. I am one of the first in the country and among only a handful in the tri-state area to earn the distinguished Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (CAQSM). I have also served on the public relations committee and have been a member of The Council Of Delegates for the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM). As a result of my accomplishments and my focus on patient care, I have been voted "Top Doctor" for Sports Medicine in the Northern Virginia region and "SuperDoc" for the Tri-state area numerous times. I have authored a number of articles and chapters and conducted research on various sports medicine topics. My primary areas of focus are the treatment of injuries and disorders of the shoulder, knee, elbow and ankle with particular interest in the arthroscopic treatment for knee ligament reconstruction, shoulder stabilization and rotator cuff repairs. In addition to my extensive medical commitments, I enjoy athletics, exercising, reading, and spending my free time with my wife and four children. If you would like to learn more about me, my areas of medical interest or my patient care philosophy, please visit my website, like my page on Facebook or follow me on twitter at @DrJeffBerg. I look forward to meeting with you and working together to help you get back to the things you love to do. Sincerely, Jeffrey H. Berg, M.D."

This content was provided by Dr. Berg "I try to fit the treatment to my patient, not the patient to my treatment. This is a Shared Decision Making Philosophy that I strongly believe is best for all patients. As an Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery specialist, I can provide my extensive knowledge and experience about your injury or problem. However, I often know very little about your personal priorities, fears, goals, etc.. Consequently, only by working together, are we likely to meet your healthcare goals."

• Non-Surgical Orthopedics

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Shoulder Instability
  • Shoulder Labral Tear
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Tricep Repair
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Boston University School of Medicine
  • Lij Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Nismat Lenox Hill Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Berg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Berg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Reston Hospital Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Spine Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Berg is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Berg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berg to family and friends

Dr. Berg's Performance

Dr. Berg Says:

To my July 8, 2016 patient, I am sorry if I seemed or was rushed.  I try to give as much time as my patients need.  I am not sure what happened with your visit and obviously without knowing who you are, I can't comment with any specifics as to what may have happened. I can only apologize - I am sorry.

As for obtaining your MRI, I also am unable to comment specifically without knowing the details of your

Dr. Berg is a thorough and knowledgable physician. He takes time to discuss the care and treatment plan with the patient in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. He has a friendly personality and great sense of humor, which helps ease the stress and anxiety a patient is feeling. As a returning...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Berg is an excellent surgeon. He did a total shoulder replacement on me and I am beyond please with my results. The pain is gone and with Physical Therapy I and getting full use of my arm. I would highly recommend Dr. Berg for this type of surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Berg is awesome, and the entire staff over at Town Center has been great. I will 100% recommend them to all friends and family. My surgery went great with ZERO problems!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Office is super-efficient, little to no waiting, staff very helpful. The doctors are all top-notch.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Berg has performed multiple surgeries for my family. Both my daughter and I had to have surgery within 3 weeks of each other. BOTH times he listened to our concerns (especially for my daughter), worked with us around our schedules, performed exceptional surgical work and took the time to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Berg at Town Center Orthopaedic Associates

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist