Dr. Jeffrey Berg, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Berg, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Jeffrey Berg, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Reston, VA. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Berg is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital.

Town Center Orthopaedic Associates

1860 Town Center Dr Ste 300

Reston, VA 20190

• Anthem
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Berg

I try to fit the treatment to my patient, not the patient to my treatment. This is a Shared Decision Making Philosophy that I strongly believe is best for all patients. As an Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery specialist, I can provide my extensive knowledge and experience about your injury or problem. However, I often know very little about your personal priorities, fears, goals, etc.. Consequently, only by working together, are we likely to meet your healthcare goals.

Dr. Berg's Experience

Dr. Berg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Disorders
  • Elbow Pain
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Shoulder Instability
  • Shoulder Labral Tear
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Tricep Repair
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Boston University School of Medicine
  • Lij Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Nismat Lenox Hill Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Berg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Berg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Reston Hospital Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Spine Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Berg is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Berg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berg to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Berg Says:

To my July 8, 2016 patient, I am sorry if I seemed or was rushed.  I try to give as much time as my patients need.  I am not sure what happened with your visit and obviously without knowing who you are, I can't comment with any specifics as to what may have happened. I can only apologize - I am sorry.

As for obtaining your MRI, I also am unable to comment specifically...

Dr. Berg's Performance
in Alexandria, VA |
Office is super-efficient, little to no waiting, staff very helpful. The doctors are all top-notch.
Ashburn, VA |
Dr. Berg has performed multiple surgeries for my family. Both my daughter and I had to have surgery within 3 weeks of each other. BOTH times he listened to our concerns (especially for my daughter), worked with us around our schedules, performed exceptional surgical work and took the time to explain the procedures both before and after (surgery) as well as what to expect throughout the process.
I saw Dr. Berg for soreness in my leg for 6 months. He looked at me and said "70 year old woman, it's a stress fracture. Stay off it a couple of months" He reluctantly ordered an MRI, saying it cost a thousand dollars, after I pushed for it because I came for a diagnosis. MRI showed NO stress fracture. Went to another Dr., who correctly diagnosed 2 things: side effect from statins, which are known to cause muscle pain, and torn meniscus. No pain after stopping statins & surgery.
Washington, DC |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Berg before, during, and after my procedure. He's extremely knowledageble and was clear when answering any questions or concerns I had. Being a younger patient, Dr. Berg was also patient and concise with any concerns my parents had. After the procedure, it was very easy to speak to Dr. Berg through HealthLoop and he was quick to respond. I would definitely recommend him to a family member or friend.
in Manassas, Va |
Brilliant. Ok so you may wait for him. Honestly not that big of a deal. I had a ACL reconstruction done, and he made it not the worst experience of my life. He is blunt and to the point. He is respectful and diligent. He knows the answer or knows how to find it and will call or text you back, which is amazing. I would trust the man with anything joint related. Breaks down each procedure for you in a way you can understand. Thats why you wait for him, because he does this for all his patients.
Gary thank you for the very kind words. Also thank you for understanding the occasional wait. We really try to be on time but as you noted, our patients will sometimes have concerns or issues that need more time than we anticipated and there really is no better time to handle that than as soon as possible. It's very important to me that our patients understand everything that is going on, have all their questions answered and are very comfortable with what we're doing. Thanks for understanding.
Lorton, VA |
Thank you Dr. Berg and staff (from your office and the surgery center). Everything went smooth and everyone I encountered during the visits were great from day one. Dr. Berg took the time to explain everything along the way and was great about staying in contact after the surgery - a major plus. THANK YOU!
Washington, DC |
I'm two weeks post-op from an old sports injury. Dr. Berg diagnosed it, completed a better than expected surgical repair and is now helping me through recovery. Great doctor and a great staff!
Arlington, VA |
I had to wait over 45 minutes. Once I got to see him, he seems very knowledgeable and smart but very arrogant and demeaning to your questions and your condition. As I am also in the health industry, doctors never treat patients in such way that you can't trust them. It was so bad that I had a heated discussion just to ask few more questions about my condition. when I was walking out, one of staff member apologized.
in Reston, VA |
In addition to the positive personal interactions, I especially appreciate the daily post-op check-ins, prompt and satisfying responses to online questions, and access to detailed information about procedures on Dr. Berg's website. No complaints!
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Berg and and staff were great to work with through my knee issues. After treatment I feel I'll be able resume the athletic activities that keeps me out of trouble!
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr Berg has been amazing throughout all five surgeries my three children have had! I recommend him to anyone I know who needs an orthopedic doctor.
in Rich |
Misdiagnosed :( poor sport.
in Manassas, VA |
Dr. Berg did an incredible job with my shoulder surgery. He fully explained the difficulty of this type of surgery as we looked at the MRI so I knew what to expect, to include the recovery time. I couldn't be happier with the results! Also, the Physical Therapy department associated with Dr. Berg's practice was first rate.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Berg and his assistant were great. The front desk and xray tech/nurses were also very friendly and nice. I will definitely come back (but hopefully my bones don't make me) :)
Fairfax, VA |
Staff was courteous and kind; very accommodating of my shoulder injury at registration and while prepping/taking X-Rays. Unfortunately, Dr. Berg seemed a bit rushed (I know he was running a little behind) and unable to listen quite as well as I would have liked. He recommended conservative treatment, which I don't disagree with, but he refused to consider an MRI until after 4 weeks of PT when the injury was 3 weeks ago and pain is still increasing. Why not just order some imaging to be safe?
in Fairfax, VA |
Knowledgable, professional and very skilled. I had shoulder pain for 3 weeks. Once I visited dr. Berg he immediately addressed my issue.
in Centreville, VA |
Good consult. Clear diagnosis and conservative yet practical treatment. Best of all, My knee is feeling better! I'd go back in a minute (but hope I don't have to!).
in Manassas, VA |
Dr. Berg was pleasant, punctual and professional. However, I felt the appointment was a little rushed, and therefore, diminished the overall quality of care.
in Ashburn, VA |
Professional and knowledgeable!
in Warrenton, VA |
The entire staff was wonderful and efficient! Dr.Berg took ample time to explain my problem, review xrays with me and detail treatment. An extremely intelligent and caring doctor. Many thanks.
in Clifton, VA |
Dr. Berg is an exceptional physician who inspires complete confidence. I greatly appreciate his answering all my questions and addressing my concerns while projecting a caring manner. Add to that, Dr. Berg's staff is very warm, very efficient. Aelene P.
Herndon, VA |
Excellent; knowledgeable, courteous, & professional
in Chantilly, VA |
Excellent! Worked well with my teenage son in getting him back on course for his athletic goals.
in Aldie, VA |
Really like this practice. Everyone is always so pleasant. Dr. Berg is very honest and down to earth, I trust him with my care.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Berg, MD?

Visit Dr. Berg

Worker's Compensation WC
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Blue Preferred PPO
    CareFirst Maryland POS
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA

Reston, VA 20190
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
3600 Joseph Siewick Dr
Fairfax, VA 22033

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Berg at Town Center Orthopaedic Associates

Orthopedic Surgery Specialist