Dr. Jeffrey Baron, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Baron, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Jeffrey Baron, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

5301 E Grant Rd

Tucson, AZ 85712

• American Republic
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Baron

See how frequently Dr. Baron performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. Baron's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neck Surgery
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• California State University Fullerton
  • University Of Missouri
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Southern California Orthopaedic Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Baron has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Baron does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baron and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Baron's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baron to family and friends
Dr. Baron's Performance
Tucson, AZ |
While i can assume Dr. Baron is technically adept, his arrogance, ego and lack of communication skills leaves him as a less than well rounded physician. He is curt, rude and more interested in telling the patient how long he's been in business than in putting on his active listening skills and treating the patient with respect. I was extremely put off by his approach and his lack of follow up. I believe he needs a remedial class in "patient interaction".
My very direct style is obvious the moment you meet me. Although I'm not happy that this patient did not get what she needed from me, describing me as arrogant, curt and rude, is simply false. Sometimes a patient's responsibility is not recognized by the patient and hearing that can be less than ideal.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Dr. Jeffrey Baron is a awesome Doctor......i was in pain for about over 6 month ....this was my 4th lower back surgery (1st by Dr. Baron) and I'm glad i had Dr. Baron......he is very nice.....answers all the question i had regarding my back.......he cares so much and tries to get you scheduled right away if possible.....the staff is also very nice.....if you ever need surgery for your back i would suggest to get Dr. Baron.........thank you so much for making my life a better one...... <3
in Tucson, AZ |
Dear Doctor Baron, I wanted to tell you how grateful I am of your excellent professional expertise while performing my neck surgery ( ACDF ). I was nervous about having surgery. Thank you for describing what would happen during and after surgery which moved me forward with the surgery. After having chronic pain in my neck and right arm for several years, I am feeling much better and my right arm is getting stronger. I would recommend Dr. Baron for those who have chronic back issues. Thank you
Arizona |
I've never seen Dr. Baron. I was treated to the "care" of a nurse who subjected me to an assembly line experience. She seemed unqualified and gave me a diagnosis that was in conflict with the diagnosis of a renowned orthopedic surgeon in my former home in VA and did not listen to my concerns. I complained and got a terse, defensive and rude letter from Baron. No, I would never recommend anyone go to a doctor who cannot bother to see you, just take your and your insurance company's money.
My Nurse Practitioner is a highly competent provider who had been with me for 14 years at the time of this visit. It is unfortunate that some patients don't recognize the state of healthcare and the need for physician extenders in order to see patients in a timely manner, while providing high quality (surgical) care. This review should be disregarded as simply unreasonable.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
Through all of my back surgery phases, (pre, surgery, and post) Dr.Baron and his staff have treated me with professionalism and outstanding customer service. I would recommend Dr. Baron with no reservations for those that have chronic back issues. Dr. Baron's honesty and reassuring bedside manners were the key factors from which I trusted him to perform surgery on me.
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
To date, Dr. Baron has been an outstanding medical professional to work with for my back surgery. He provided expert information concerning the problem I was experiencing as well as those procedures available to provide relief. Based on his consult, we settled on a surgical solution to the problem which turned out to be a very good decision. Dr. Baron is an intelligent, articulate, and caring professional who I feel has my best interest in mind. I will strongly recommend Dr. Baron.
in Nogales, AZ |
Dr. Baron, did my spine surgery 15 months ago, he did an excellent job, most of the pain is gone, he has an excellent bedside manner. After the surgery i only saw his assistant who is also an excellent PA.
in Tucson. Az. |
Excellent Doctor! Right to the point.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Baron was out of town so I was scheduled with nurse practitioner Betty Thomas to access my fractured vertebra. I was concerned I would not be seeing the doctor but as soon as I met Betty I knew I was in excellent hands. She gave me a very thorough exam and I felt confident in her care. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional with great bedside manner. I highly recommend her!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Baron is the precise type of surgeon for which I searched and hoped to find when I needed spinal surgery. Straight forward, thorough, and willing to take the time to answer every question and concern I had. He was prompt and thorough to explain the results of the surgery to family awaiting news.
in St David, AZ |
I have many medical issues, therfore many doctors. Only 2 would I trust fully. Dr. Baron has now become number3. He was very direct yet very compassionate and understanding. Never pushed my need for surgery. His response when I got cold feet was call me when you're ready. I did and have no regrets! Thanks for all you and Betty did to help me through this. GOD bless both of you. ? Patty Schueman
in Tucson, AZ |
NO CALL NO SHOW. I'm glad the good doctor thinks that his time is more important than his patients. Nice to be put in a holding room for over a half an hour only to fine out your not there. Than try to get your money back for non service, good luck with that, it seems Tucson Orthopedic can only take your money you have to wait for a check, Really?? What a total waist of some ones time. Not coming back your fired even before you started. Unprofessional.
This patient fails to report that I PERSONALLY attempted to call his cell phone twice before his appointment to inform him that I had an urgent surgical case to perform and needed to reschedule his appointment. His voicemail had "not been set up yet". He also reports his wait time as 30 min "in a holding room". He waited 11 minutes and my extremely competent Nurse Practitioner, my right hand for 14 years, tried to explain this to him. His review should be immediately discounted as inappropriate.
in Tucson, AZ |
I have nothing but raves regarding my experience with Dr. Baron and his staff. Dr. Baron took time to explain in detail what was wrong with my neck, reviewing my MRI exam with me. Once we decided surgery was needed me explained in detail how the surgery was performed and my post-op hospital stay. I really appreciate his straight forward manner. When answering my questions he was patient, allowing me to ask all the questions I had.
in Tucson AZ |
Made my life posible again. pain free
in Sierra Vista, AZ |
I have needed spinal surgery twice over a three year period. Both times I could barely walk when I came to Dr. Baron due to severe leg pain. I feel like he has given me my life back both times enabling me to pursue the active life style I enjoy. I have a very high level of trust in his judgement. He has always explained things clearly and he has let me know what to expect in terms of recovery. He has a direct manner and a self confidence that I appreciate.
in Tucson, Az |
Wouldn't go to anyone else besides Dr Baron. I met with quite a few Drs before he was recommnded to me. He's a straight shooter, compassionate and is phenomenal at what he does. Thanks again Doc
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Baron, MD?

Visit Dr. Baron

Dr. Baron accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
    Medicare Advantage PFFS
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Thrivent Financial