Dr. Jean-Pierre A. Riou, MD

Dr. Jean-Pierre A. Riou, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male | 54 years old

Welcome to Riou Plastic Surgery Center, where we take a personal interest in helping you achieve the look that you desire. Our dedicated staff will do their utmost to make you feel at ease during your initial complimentary consultation and throughout your experience with us. "Our objective is to provide our patients with highest quality medical care in the most affordable manner". Our outpatient surgical facility offers you the latest state-of-the-art equipment allowing safety, comfort and privacy to be at their highest. We are fully accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF). Dr. Riou, Lake Norman's first plastic surgeon, brings with him superb credentials from Yale University. He has had outstanding results, with extremely high patient satisfaction rates. His practice is dedicated exclusively to plastic & reconstructive surgery of the breast and body contouring (liposuction and tummy tucks).Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Riou specializes in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery and has performed several thousand augmentations since 1994 at his Lake...Read more

Dr. Riou's Experience

See how Dr. Riou's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Riou

Dr. Riou accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Riou has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Riou
Dr. Riou's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (29)
Sherrills Ford, NC |
After lots of research, I interviewed 5 surgeons. I chose Dr. Riou & would highly recommend him to my family & friends. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy w reconstruction. My last procedure was Apr 2016. My results are phenomenal. Other Drs who have seen his work remark how great the outcome is. Amazing because I experienced complications & Dr. Riou & his staff took excellent care of me. Talented and caring Dr. w an excellent staff.
I have been to Dr Riou for two procedures and I would go again for another. Great Doctor.
Mocksville, NC |
I went to Dr. Riou in 2013, after I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Not only is he just a wonderful, compassionate human being, but he is so good at what he does. He truly cares, and takes the extra time to make sure every detail is done with perfection. Every doctor that has seen my results has been amazed, always stating what an incredible job he did. And if they were to see what he had to start with, they would have been that much more impressed! I wouldn't go to anyone else!
in Kannapolis, NC |
Dr. Riou did my reconstruction in 2004, after having breast cancer in 1981, he was very kind to me, and very knowledgable, he made me feel very comfortable. He explained everything in depth. Such a wonderful doctor, after all those years, he made me look good in my clothes again. He'll always be at the top of my list for making me feel good about myself again.
in Kernersville, NC |
If I had based my opinion on some before me I may have never visited Dr. Riou. I believe seeing is believing and I am glad I made the 1 1/2 hour trip to my consultation. I live in a town loaded with plastic surgeons and I believe Dr. Riou is by far more knowledgeable and reasonably priced compared to others. His staff is friendly and informative. He called and checked on me personally after surgery, as well as, the fact that my breasts are significantly better than I previously had. Great job!
in Catawba, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Riou because of his expertise in his field and his communication of the procedure he will perform. He is a caring doctor and an excellent surgeon!
in Mooresville, NC |
Following my breast cancer diagnosis, my family practice Dr. recommended Dr. Riou to do my breast reconstruction. Dr. Riou is passionate about his work, well skilled, experienced and trained. My questions and concerns were always answered. He has an amazing staff, as well. Their longevity of working beside Dr. Riou speaks for itself. I would gladly recommend him to anyone needing reconstruction. My surgery was very successful and gave me a new lease on life!!!!
in Statesville, NC |
Dr. Riou is very knowledgeable and caring for his patients. He and his staff dedicate their time to meet your needs.
in Mooresville, NC |
I consider Dr. Riou to be one of the BEST Plastic Surgeons in the world! He is a confident, highly skilled perfectionist. He is also a very kind and understanding individual, that will make you feel at ease. I feel extremely fortunate to have Dr. Riou as my Surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr. Riou to anyone! I am positive you will be AMAZED at his work. I am sure all his patients feel the same. He gets 5 stars across the board!!! His personality is added plus:-)!
in Statesville, NC |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Aug. of 2014. Dr. Riou did my reconstruction in 2015. I couldn't be more pleased! Everything went well and looks good! Dr. Riou and his staff are wonderful. They've been so caring and helpful through this whole process! I am very grateful to them all!
in Statesville, NC |
Dr. Riou is a great surgeon. He is very skilled and passionate about what he does. His results are excellent. He is the one medical professionals choose for their surgery and that says it all. Great staff and excellent Doctor. Thank you for taking great care of me! Ann B, Statesville, NC
in Troutman, NC |
I was very pleased with my surgery by Dr. Riou after battling breast cancer. I totally trust him and his staff.
in Oak Hill, WV |
Dr. Riou and his outstanding staff saw me through a dark time when breast reconstruction was a necessity, not cosmetic. They treated me with great respect as well as an equal rather than "just a patient". Dr Riou has a skill level and intellect that is hard to match, and is a perfectionist to say the least. Every time I look in the mirror, I am eternally grateful for that. He leads by example, a man of great character and someone I wouldn't just call my doctor. The Riou team is family to me!
in Oak Hill, WV |
in Concord, NC |
Dr. Riou is awesome! I am very pleased with my breast surgery! The staff is always so friendly and willing to help!
in Statesville NC 28677 |
Dr. Riou cares about his patients and their health. Anytime I had questions or any problem the doctor and his team was available. I would recommend them to anyone.
Statesville, NC |
I consulted with various doctors, and all but Dr. Riou seemed inexperienced. Dr. Riou and his staff are very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I would recommend this office to anyone and everyone.
in Mooresville, NC |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer 11/2015; my general surgeon put me in touch with Dr. Riou for the reconstruction piece if the surgical puzzle. I could NOT have been placed in better hands. Dr. Riou is renowned in this area & comes highly recommended. He helped me feel at ease with the entire process. The staff are also PHENOMENAL!! Much laughter is shared at each visit. I will actually miss the entire crew once this chapter comes to a close. I can't thank them enough!
in Davidson, NC |
It has been 2 years since I had my surgery. I look and feel great! I get checked every year and would highly recommend this office. His nurse Chris is outstanding! Even Dena the manager is happy to step in and answer questions. I love Dr. Riou and this office.
in Statesville, NC |
Listened to my concerns and desires pre-op resulting in an excellent surgery. Highly recommend
in Mooresville NC |
My experience with Dr. Riou and his staff have always been wonderful! I have seen Dr. Riou over the course of 16 years and he has always provided me with the best care and services I could ask for. I am always very pleased with the results I have gotten with Dr. Riou!
in Concord, NC |
The staff is great and Dr. Riou does a great job. I went to 3 plastic surgeons and I knew he was the one for me.
in Mooresville, NC |
Dr. Riou it the best surgeon EVER!!!!! He did an AMAZING job with my breast augmentation. I wish I would have had this done years ago. Such a fun, friendly staff who settled my nerves and answered my many many questions. THANK YOU Dr. Riou for making me feel incredible !
in Mooresville, NC |
Dr. Riou is an experienced and meticulous surgeon....very pleased with my breast augmentation..
in Mooresville, NC |
Dr. Riou is an excellent surgeon and cares about their outcomes...
in Huntersville, NC |
Dr Riou is awesome! For years I have not taken a t shirt off at the beach and this year I finally did it. Thank you
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Riou and his staff were wonderful. I was nervous about having a breast lift and he was very upfront about the scarring that I could encounter. I still made the decision to have it done and my scarring has been minimal. I called the office a couple of times with questions after my surgery and the staff assured me everything was normal. I am so grateful.
in Huntersville, NC |
Dr. Riou spent very little time with me other than to take pics and measurements. He never asked what my concerns were, pain I was having etc. I was told by the front desk that my paperwork would be submitted to the insurance company and we should get an answer back in 6 weeks. At 7 1/2 weeks I had heard nothing and called the office. I was told they forgot to send it in. So they quickly submitted it and had a decline in 3 days. I'm not sure what they could have submitted other than pic.
Have you seen Dr. Jean-Pierre A. Riou, MD?
Are you Dr. Riou?

Compare Dr. Riou

Dr. Riou says...

Dr. Riou specializes in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery and has performed several thousand augmentations since 1994 at his Lake Norman office. He also has performed over 1,200 breast reductions and over a thousand breast cancer reconstructions.

Dr. Riou is Board Certified in both general surgery and plastic surgery and has privileges at all of the local hospitals in the greater Charlotte area.

He has had consistently great reviews on internet surveys and has had no lawsuits after performing over 11,000 surgeries in the past 2 decades.

Dr. Riou's Care Philosophy

Dr. Riou's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery

Dr. Riou has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Riou's Board Certifications

Completed in 1994

New York University

Graduated in 1983

• French

Dr. Riou does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Riou and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Breast Reduction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Liposuction

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.