Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility ·  Female · Age 41

Dr. O'Brien

Shady Grove Fertility - Maryland

9601 Blackwell Rd Rockville, MD 20850

Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility specialist in Rockville, MD and has been practicing for 13 years. She graduated from Brown Medical School in 1996 and specializes in reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

Dr. O'Brien accepts

(888) 761-1967

Dr. O'Brien accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC
Johns Hopkins Advantage MD
Kaiser Permanente
Keystone Health Plan East
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
One Health
One Net
Oxford Health Plans
Private HealthCare Systems
QualCare
Tricare
Basic Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. O'Brien treats your condition or procedure

• Infertility
  • Infertility Surgery
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Multiple Miscarriages
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Ovulatory Dysfunction
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Premature Ovarian Failure
  • Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
  • Sperm Cryopreservation
  • Spermatogenesis Arrest
  • Tubal Block
  • Ultrasound, Transvaginal
  • Uterine Fibroids

Jeanne O'Brien, M.D. is a board certified reproductive endocrinologist at Shady Grove Fertility in Rockville, MD. Dr. O'Brien received her medical degree from the Brown-Dartmouth Medical Program in Providence, RI&nb...

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Brien

Dr. O'Brien?
Dr. O'Brien's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD
Dr O’Brien is a wonderful caring doctor that will provide you with the best treatment she believes will help you conceive. I have been trying to conceive for 10 years and finally after meeting Dr O’Brien and her recommending I do the ERA testing and Genetic testing I conceived right away and now have a healthy baby girl that is now 2 months old. Thank you Dr O’Brien! You really know what protocols work for conceiving.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Shady Grove Fertility has been the best ever, Dr. O’Brien our nurse Shawn and my financial Counselor April have been beyond helpful. Dr. O’Brien GENUINELY cares, she’s seen me cry from disappointment and laugh from excitement and her bedside manner has always been superior! Shawn is responsive, patient, reassuring and always so kind. April is sooooo responsive, she communicates effectively and always willing to help. Moral of the story THEY ARE PHENOMENAL!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
We can’t recommend Dr. O’Brien more highly. If you want a physician who will clearly explain your treatment options, then you made the right choice. Fertility treatment is very stressful, especially when cycles fail and she will carefully explain the likely causes and the next steps. She remained hopeful even after our first IVF cycle failed and now we are fortunate and grateful to have a son.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
My worse experience ever was with Dr O’Brien. She never communicate properly, she has never told me about my options. She doesn’t care about her patients. I totally Not recommend Dr O’Brien.
We appreciate your feedback regarding your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Dr. O'Brien is both forthright and compassionate. She detailed our options and our relative chances of success as she saw them, and she was correct. We found great success with her and also found her to be responsive and prompt with all our interactions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
We found Dr. O'Brien at SGF after several rounds of IVF in our home state of NC. Our previous RE insisted we move right to Donor Eggs otherwise would not continue treatment. Dr. O'Brien accepted us as remote patients and saw past the SART statistics to treat us as people with a real shot of getting pregnant. We did 2 cycles of IVF with Dr. O'Brien (and her fantastic nurse Jessica) and are happily pregnant with our 2nd child due next year! We are forever grateful for them!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
My husband and I are so happy with Dr. O’Brien and her team. They were able to identify that my tummy was not absorbing the medication due to a tummy tuck. Once that was identified things went smoothly. My nurse Jessica is so awesome! She is kind and have a wealth of knowledge. I got pregnant and had the most beautiful baby girl. To those who are struggling, give Dr. O’Brien and her team a chance, you will be happy that you did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Dr. O’Brien has in-depth professional knowledge and extensive experience in this area. She is also very supportive and has always been kind towards to her patients. She is not only a excellent doctor, she is also a good listener. I feel she is also a friend to me through my reproductive journey. I will always recommend her to my friends and family in a heartbeat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
I feel so lucky to meet Dr. O'Brien at the beginning of my ivf journey. She is very nice, professional, knowledgeable and responsible. She always answer my questions during the appointment, monitoring, and through phone or email. She understands the patient's feeling. She is a Dr. the patient can trust. My first baby was born under her help. I will definitely choose her if I need further treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
When we were searching for fertility specialist we came across Dr. Jean O’Brien and we are happy that we met her and discussed our story and chalked out how to proceed further with fertility treatment. Doctor and her staff were very supportive and guided us in every step of our journey. We are very thankful for Dr. Jean O’Brien and her staff. We thank God everything for showing us such awesome people in our lives. We would recommend her to our family and friends - Rama & Sudhakar Vinjamuri.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Dr.O’brien is one of the most compassionate and committed physicians I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. She and our nurse Shawn Thompson are the reason we look at our daughter each day! They were there every step of the way. We will forever be grateful for her support and guidance. Simply the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Dr. O'Brien is very well spoken, highly educated, kind, extremely diligent and thorough with all details. She offers a sense of cautious optimism and compassion as this process is not for the faint of heart! Dr. O'Brien takes a hands-on approach with procedures and answers all questions without hesitation and with factual substance. She is prompt at returning calls and initiates phone calls when she sees it necessary. I trusted her 100% with advice during the donor selection process as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Dr. O'Brien provided us excellent comprehensive care during the last 2 years. She never failed to answer our questions and provide honesty about what to expect from fertility treatments. It isn't possible to promise a perfect outcome and she managed our expectations while remaining hopeful about success. We would highly recommend to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
She.is.phenomenal. Clinically, a genius and she has a caring compassionate side. After a m/c, she made me feel like I was her only patient in the world. She spent all the time I needed to process what was happening with me and discussed a positive plan of action. She is incredible with her patients and is able to relate on a personal level (a quality not found in many MDs). After a 4 year journey, she gave me my second IVF son, who is due in 3 weeks! She is also responsive and accessible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Saw O'Brien for testing after trying to conceive for 2 yrs. Became pregnant naturally the same month so no fertility treatments. Still told us to come there for initial ultrasound. Didn't listen when I said I ovulated late and never told me I had a retroverted uterus. Dr. said the pregnancy wasn't viable and suggested we schedule a D&C. We were extremely upset. Her excuse: "I'm not an optimistic person". Was stressed entire pregnancy thinking something was wrong. Healthy, beautiful son is 2 now
We are sorry to hear that you experienced stress...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
We dreamed for a long time about having a family- over 10 years with no success, but Dr. O'Brien helped turn that dream into an impending reality. She took the time to explain our options and walked us through every step of the process. We are now just one week away from delivering our first Shady Grove miracle!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Always too busy to care about patients
Thank you for your feedback regarding your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
If there were a ten stars, I would definitely give it to Dr O'Brien. She is so compassionate, passionate and on top of that she is thorough with her knowledge and experience. She listens to your concerns and answer each fully, and clearly. I always knew when she says something, then that is it. She helps me through my journey to get pregnant and was on top of everything. I would highly recommend her. She is the best fertility specialist you can ever meet!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Dr. O'Brien is a God send to me personally. She was my doctor in my quest to become a mother. At age 45, a part of me thought it is impossible to conceive but I kept on hoping. When I first met Dr. O'Brien, she assured me that she will do everything in her power to help me conceive. During treatment, I almost gave up but she called and left me a personal message. The message motivated me to continue with the treatment. One year later, I am a proud mother.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeanne O'Brien, MD?
Dr. O'Brien was so wonderful that I have already recommended her to family and friends! She always took the time to explain what was going on and never rushed us when we had lots of questions. She is an extremely knowledgeable and compassionate Dr who never gave up hope for us.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. O'Brien?

Shady Grove Fertility - Maryland