Neurology  |
Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD
Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider is a Board Certified Neurologist with additional fellowship training in Neuroimaging and Neurophysiology. His main areas of interest are Multiple Sclerosis and neuromuscular conditions such as polyneuropathies (e.g. Diabetic neuropathy, CIDP), carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, cervical and lumbar radiculopathies, and muscle diseases (e.g. Myasthenia Gravis and ALS). Dr. Schneider uses his specialty training in neuroimaging in the diagnosis and monitoring of Multiple Sclerosis with MRI. His expertise in interpreting MRIs is also very helpful in evaluating nerve impingements in the spine. Dr. Schneider enjoys reviewing imaging studies with his patients in order to help them understand their diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Schneider is fluent in English, Spanish and French. "I truly love what I do. Every day I meet amazing people and I feel privileged to be able to listen to their problems and try to help them out." Dr. Schneider TRAINING Medical School: University of Puerto Rico Medical School / San Juan, PR Internship: UMASS Memorial Hospital / Worcester, MA Residency: University of Massachusetts Medical Center / Worcester, MA Fellowship: Neuroimaging – Dent Neurologic Institute / Buffalo, NY Fellowship: Neurophysiology: Tuft University School of Medicine / Boston, MA CERTIFICATION Board certified in Neurology by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) Diplomate in Electrodiagnostic Medicine, American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM)

MS & Neuromuscular Center Of Excellence

• Florida Hospital Healthcare System
  • Freedom Health
  • Optimum HealthCare

Learn about Dr. Schneider

Welcome to MS & Neuromuscular Center of Excellence!

Our Mission is to provide the highest quality of comprehensive and compassionate patient centered medical care by offering a treatment plan that promotes wellness and improves quality of life in a highly efficient and friendly clinic setting.

Dr. Schneider is passionate about treating patients with Multiple Sclerosis and improving their quality of life by working with them to identify the most appropriate therapy.

Dr. Schneider has special interest in polyneuropathies (e.g. Diabetic neuropathy, CIDP), carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, cervical and lumbar radiculopathies, and muscle diseases (e.g. Myasthenia Gravis and ALS). Dr. Schneider is fellowship trained in Neurophysiology and has 10 years of experience in performing NCVs/EMGs. We provide high quality neurophysiologic evaluations with special attention to patient comfort.

Dr. Schneider will perform an extensive evaluation to identify the cause of your symptoms.

Dr. Schneider's Experience

Dr. Schneider's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Neuromuscular Medicine

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Aneurysm
  • Hemifacial Spasm
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Neurological Testing
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS)
  • Rehabilitation After Stroke or Trauma

• Caritas St Elizabeth Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Dent Neuro Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Schneider has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Schneider does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schneider and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schneider's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schneider to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Schneider's Performance
Largo, FL |
Dr. Schneider is among the best and most compassionate physicians I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I had a very difficult case to diagnose, yet after 12 years of searching for answers, Dr. Schneider got me a diagnosis in two visits. The wait time is non-existent and he spends as much time with you as you need. His staff is courteous, professional and knowledgeable. If I had to choose one word to describe Dr. Schneider, I'd say he is a gem.
in Palm Harbor, FL |
Dr. Schneider is very personable, he listens to all your concerns and suggest all test necessary to get to the root of the problem. He does not rush through your appointment. I was referred to him by another Neurologist, I decided to remain with Schneider because I feel he will stop at nothing to get to the cause and the type of treatment I need.
Clearwater, FL |
I was new to the area and had to find all new specialists. I researched for neurologists for my chronic migraines. I decided to take a chance on Dr. Schneider. He asked alot of questions but just so he would know my full history. He listened to all of my questions and answered every one and didn't make me feel like any of them were dumb. He actually has a great sense of humor too! His office and nursing staff are all very helpful and kind. I'm so glad I chose Dr. Schneider to be my doctor.
in New Port Richey, Fl |
I saw Dr. Sneider in his office for a nerve study. I didn't have to wait at all, the staff was very pleasant and efficient, as was Dr. Sneider. He had a printed report for me before I left his office. I would recommend Dr. Sneider to anyone that needed a neurologist.
in palm harbor, FL |
I had been misdiagnosed by another neurologist and receiving the wrong treatment for years. After meeting with Dr. Schneider for one visit, he immediately realized my misdiagnosis and properly diagnosed me. I suffered for years and had undergone unnecessary treatments and medications without relief. Thanks to this doctor my condition is now under control and I have a great quality of life. Do not go anywhere else!
in York, PA |
I tried to call and make an appointment since I've had a migraine for two weeks now and it said he takes next day appointments. I couldn't get through the phone system to a live person to do so. My headache is worse now! I was willing to drive two hours to be seen!
in Dunedin, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Schneider for several years now started with leg cramps that he has been able to control the cramps for the last several years and just this past year has helped me understand that not all meds are bad and has help me almost completely control my migraine headaches. I am very please with all the help Dr. Schneider has provided me and is always answering my questions right away. Very understanding and listens well. Awesome Neurologist.
in Clearwater, FL |
Dr. Schneider was the most caring and understanding Doctor. I had been to over 4 doctors and could not find any relief. Dr. Schneider explained what was happening and gave me the right medicine to start me on my road to recovery. Thanks to him I can now walk normal again and the pain and swelling is gone.
Dunedin, FL |
He was nice, however I was really disappointed that I had to point things out on my MRI and he never got a good visualization of my sacrum where it hurt. I also was really upset that the office sent my information to the wrong primary, some how someone took another dr patel and put that in my chart.. It took over two weeks to fix after I had to insist that it be changed. The nurses were not friendly and appeared really judgemental, not approachable at all. Overall disappointed.
in Clearwater, Fl. |
Dr. Schneider was very informative and very understanding. I felt very comfortable with him. I have to still get some testing done and I hope I can get some relief from this pain once the Dr. gets the results of the tests. I am very confident he will help me.
Have you seen Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Are you Dr. Schneider?