Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD

Dr. Schneider
Telehealth services available

Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD

3190 N McMullen Booth Rd Clearwater, FL 33761

Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Clearwater, FL and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Schneider has more experience with Headache and Neurodegenerative Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine, Medical Sciences Campus medical school in 2000. He is affiliated with Morton Plant Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schneider to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

See similar Neurology Specialists in Clearwater

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Schneider accepts

Dr. Schneider accepts the following insurance:

Advantage
Evolutions Healthcare Systems
Florida Hospital Healthcare System
Freedom Health
Freedom Network
Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
Tampa Bay CoreNet
Medicare
Optimum HealthCare
PHCS
Railroad Medicare
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Schneider

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Schneider treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Schneider treats other conditions, please contact the office at (813) 855-2900.

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Typically treats 84% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Migraine

Dr. Schneider treats Migraine more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Schneider treats this condition more than 98% of their peers

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Schneider treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Schneider treats this condition more than 97% of their peers

Headache

Dr. Schneider treats Headache more than 57% of their peers

Dr. Schneider treats this condition more than 57% of their peers

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 88% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Dr. Schneider treats Multiple Sclerosis (MS) more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Schneider treats this condition more than 94% of their peers

Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis

Dr. Schneider treats Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis more than 82% of their peers

Dr. Schneider treats this condition more than 82% of their peers

Check Dr. Schneider's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Schneider's conditions and procedures:

• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Anterior Horn Disease
  • Hemifacial Spasm
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lyme Disease
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neurological Testing
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep-Related Leg Cramp
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stiff-Man Syndrome

Dr. Schneider's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schneider

4.3

Dr. Schneider?
I have seen Dr Schneider and his amazing staff and co-worker Dawn for about 2 years I believe and he took me from someone who was treating a single illness as a dozen disconnected other illnesses. He taught me that MS is just that, it doesn't own you. It isn't you. It can be managable for me. He is the only person/office that I trust with my MS diagnosis and plans of treatment. He is always in front of new things and idea's and really listens almost like it's a conversation about your health. Its a novel idea to some I know.
Michelle – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
I have only been going here a few months but he is kind, efficient and personable. He listens and will give you a lot of knowledge to do preventative things to help your health. His office staff is awesome. They are attentive and very helpful. I would highly recommend him and his practice.
Erica Hinds – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Had my first visit today. Wonderful staff. Very informative. Dr. Schneider was very knowledgeable, caring and understanding. Very hopeful for my future medical care.
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
This Dr discriminated against my wife because she is high functioning autistic. My wife has been having strange symptoms for over a year now and at least two separate doctors referred us to Schneider. The first time we tried to make an appointment, as soon as my wife mentioned her autism, he said he would not be able to treat her. The second time we were referred to Schneider and a care coordinator set up the appointment, only to find out later that either Schneider or his staff cancelled our appointment without telling us! There is no excuse for this kind of treatment. Dr. Schneider discriminatory to say the least and he most certainly has something against people on the spectrum.
Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD – Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Dr. Schneider is the best. Made me feel confident and he is very gentle. Answered all my questions and never did I feel rushed. Kerri was also very comforting light hearted conversation during the test was great. Front desk staff efficient and friendly. Thank you for a positive experience. Would definitely recommend. Mrs. C
Mrs. C – Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
cured my migraines spot on with care and treatment. Caring, goods listener. On time, very little wait time at office. Nice office staff.
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
If you are looking for a kind, compassionate, knowledgeable doctor where you don’t feel rushed and truly cares for his patients then I highly recommend Dr. Schneider. He his Assistant Dawn as well as the office staff are the best around by far!
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
I am an RN. I also have small fiber neuropathy. Being in the business good luck finding NP who even knows about the disease. Dr. Schneider’s NP is excellent. Very thorough Compassionate. Listens. Checks in. Approachable. Super intelligent. I’ve been very happy. Initially it was very difficult (months ago) to get a live person and sometimes a call back. I did address with doc and have seen a HUGE imp and haven’t had issues since. Front staff awesome. No office is perfect. Doesn’t exist
Eleni in Saint Petersburg , FL – Oct 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Wonderful doctor with amazing bedside manner. He was kind and thorough - really determined to diagnose and treat me. His staff is incredible.
Mary Anne Fauber in Dunedin, FL – Aug 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Dr. Schneider spends time and listens to you. I'm being treated for migraines and he really takes time to explain everything and work on a treatment plan. His office staff is A+. I felt like I was in a 5 star resort, I wouldn't have been surprised if they served ice water and frozen grapes during your wait. Except there is no wait. Is it possible to have a negative wait time? They called me back before i finished the paperwork. It's hard to find a good dr with an office run so smoothly.
Karissa in FL – Feb 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Dr. Schneider is among the best and most compassionate physicians I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I had a very difficult case to diagnose, yet after 12 years of searching for answers, Dr. Schneider got me a diagnosis in two visits. The wait time is non-existent and he spends as much time with you as you need. His staff is courteous, professional and knowledgeable. If I had to choose one word to describe Dr. Schneider, I'd say he is a gem.
Largo, FL – Aug 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Dr. Schneider is very personable, he listens to all your concerns and suggest all test necessary to get to the root of the problem. He does not rush through your appointment. I was referred to him by another Neurologist, I decided to remain with Schneider because I feel he will stop at nothing to get to the cause and the type of treatment I need.
J. Stewart in Palm Harbor, FL – Jul 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
I was new to the area and had to find all new specialists. I researched for neurologists for my chronic migraines. I decided to take a chance on Dr. Schneider. He asked alot of questions but just so he would know my full history. He listened to all of my questions and answered every one and didn't make me feel like any of them were dumb. He actually has a great sense of humor too! His office and nursing staff are all very helpful and kind. I'm so glad I chose Dr. Schneider to be my doctor.
Clearwater, FL – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
I saw Dr. Sneider in his office for a nerve study. I didn't have to wait at all, the staff was very pleasant and efficient, as was Dr. Sneider. He had a printed report for me before I left his office. I would recommend Dr. Sneider to anyone that needed a neurologist.
Sue in New Port Richey, Fl – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
I had been misdiagnosed by another neurologist and receiving the wrong treatment for years. After meeting with Dr. Schneider for one visit, he immediately realized my misdiagnosis and properly diagnosed me. I suffered for years and had undergone unnecessary treatments and medications without relief. Thanks to this doctor my condition is now under control and I have a great quality of life. Do not go anywhere else!
Marlene in palm harbor, FL – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
I tried to call and make an appointment since I've had a migraine for two weeks now and it said he takes next day appointments. I couldn't get through the phone system to a live person to do so. My headache is worse now! I was willing to drive two hours to be seen!
Judy I in York, PA – Jun 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Schneider for several years now started with leg cramps that he has been able to control the cramps for the last several years and just this past year has helped me understand that not all meds are bad and has help me almost completely control my migraine headaches. I am very please with all the help Dr. Schneider has provided me and is always answering my questions right away. Very understanding and listens well. Awesome Neurologist.
Annette in Dunedin, FL – Jun 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Dr. Schneider was the most caring and understanding Doctor. I had been to over 4 doctors and could not find any relief. Dr. Schneider explained what was happening and gave me the right medicine to start me on my road to recovery. Thanks to him I can now walk normal again and the pain and swelling is gone.
Jerry Seely in Clearwater, FL – May 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
He was nice, however I was really disappointed that I had to point things out on my MRI and he never got a good visualization of my sacrum where it hurt. I also was really upset that the office sent my information to the wrong primary, some how someone took another dr patel and put that in my chart.. It took over two weeks to fix after I had to insist that it be changed. The nurses were not friendly and appeared really judgemental, not approachable at all. Overall disappointed.
Dunedin, FL – May 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?
Dr. Schneider was very informative and very understanding. I felt very comfortable with him. I have to still get some testing done and I hope I can get some relief from this pain once the Dr. gets the results of the tests. I am very confident he will help me.
Dolores D. Davis in Clearwater, Fl. – Dec 22, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Raphael Schneider, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schneider?

Welcome to MS & Neuromuscular Center of Excellence!

Our Mission is to provide the highest quality of comprehensive and compassionate patient centered medical care by offering a treatment plan that promotes wellness and improves quality of life in a highly efficient and friendly clinic setting.

Dr. Schneider is passionate about treating patients with Multiple Sclerosis and improving their quality of life by working with them to identify the most appropriate therapy.

Dr. Schneider has special interest in polyneuropathies (e.g. Diabetic neuropathy, CIDP), carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar neuropathy, cervical and lumbar radiculopathies, and muscle diseases (e.g. Myasthenia Gravis and ALS). Dr. Schneider is fellowship trained in Neurophysiology and has 10 years of experience in performing NCVs/EMGs. We provide high quality neurophysiologic evaluations with special attention to patient comfort.

Dr. Schneider will perform an extensive evaluation to identify the cause of your symptoms.
Less...