Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 54

Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Los Angeles, CA and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Lille Ii medical school in 1991. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA and Olive View - UCLA Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hubschman to book an appointment.

Dr. Hubschman

Jules Stein Eye Institute UCLA

100 Stein Plz Los Angeles, CA 90095

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Ophthalmology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Hubschman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Hubschman's Top Procedures and Conditions

Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear

Dr. Hubschman treats Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Hubschman treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Destruction of Lesion of Retina and Choroid
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Surgery
  • Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Tear Duct Disorders
  • Ultrasound, Eye
  • Uveitis and Iridocyclitis
  • Vision Screening
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Hubschman accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Hubschman has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(310) 825-3090Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Hubschman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hubschman

1.075268817204301%
1.075268817204301%

Dr. Hubschman

Dr. Hubschman has performed retina detachment repairs on both eyes. First was a repair of the left from a prior surgery that failed due to scar tissue. Second was a repair of right for an incipient detachment. Both were excellent results. Dr. Hubschman is patient-focused and answers questions thoroughly and simply. His skills are the best and my outcome has exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended with no caveats.
Ronald W. – Dec 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
I have been extremely fortunate to have Dr. Jean Pierre Hubschman as my retinal and vitreous specialist for the past 15 years. I have had multiple surgeries and procedures that have been successful because of Dr. Hubschman’s skill, knowledge, experience, and expertise. He is the reason I have sight. His competence, professionalism, and humanity are unparalleled. He is compassionate, caring, and respectful. He is patient and communicates clearly. He stays current with research and contributes to the advancement of technology in his field. He is held in high regard by his patients, staff, and colleagues. My family and I are forever grateful to Dr. Hubschman and his UCLA Family.
Nancy H. – Dec 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
A couple of months ago my partner detached his retina and we could not have asked for better care than we got from Dr. H. He was not only professional but my partner’s vision has been completely restored after surgery to 20/20 And when the detached retina occurred I was doubtful that that would ever happen! We would recommend Jules Stein Eye center and Dr. H to anyone and everyone.
Richard P – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
My experience with Dr. Jean Pierre Hubschman UCLA Stein Eye Institute has been excellent. I was receiving treatment at KAISER Permanente after two failed surgeries to close a macular hole, and several consultations with retinal specialists at Kaiser Permanente Irwindale. They informed me that they couldn't do anything else for me. So, basically to accept the fact that I was losing my eyesight. Needless to say I canceled my health insurance with KAISER. I researched on line and found Dr. Hubschman he performed retinal graft surgery, explained in detail my situation, and move forward in a friendly, prompt and appropriate manner. Throughout the process he made me aware of the steps to be taken from scheduling surgery to all follow up visits. I trusted him in every step and followed his recommendations. I felt that I was in the care of very experienced hands. I can highly recommend Dr. Hubschman for his sincerity, caring formidable talent. Thank you Dr. Hubschman and all staff!!
Susana I. – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Dr Hubschman is a fabulous physician and surgeon! I highly recommend him . I would like to think of him as the Monet of eye surgeons. With skill and grace he saved my eye from having a most horrific problem of blindness. I loved the care I received at Stein eye. I will forever be grateful for his skilled surgical hands and the fabulous outcome! Cheers to you Dr. J.P. Hubschman!!!!????????
Gail Seidman – Oct 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Dr. Hubschman performed Vitrectomy, Epiretinal Membrane peeling & Macular Hole surgery in my right eye on 15th July, The surgery was perfect, and after the surgery I had absolutely no pain or complications. After 1 week post -op visit my macular hole is already closed. For me STEIN EYE and the entire medical staff were extremely professional and courteous and certainly, DR. Hubschman is # 1-THE BEST retina surgeon at Stein Eye. I thank him very much for taking excellent care of me. Dr. Hubshman is my hero, I give him 5 stars and would highly recommend him to anyone seeking similar eye surgery.
Mohammed Khan – Jul 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Dr Hubschman is a highly skilled and talented retinal specialist. I have pathological myopia and have been told by several eye doctors that my eyes are unique and my retinas are in bad shape. He did surgery to help prevent a detachment from worsening. It’s an extremely delicate surgery and I am now doing well. Vision is 20/20 (cataract surgery a few years ago). I also require frequent eye injections. He is a man of few words and is very busy but I’m very fortunate to have him as my doctor.
Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Dr Hubschman and his team at the UCLA Jules Stein Eye Institute are the absolute best! I had retina surgery for an Epiretinal Membrane on 03 June 2021. From the receptionist at the Wasserman Building, to the nursing staff, to the technicians and the anesthesia group…they were all first-rate, professional, and helpful. Dr Hubschman is such a capable and concerned physician. I am so glad I have entrusted him with my retina care. We may have to spend a bit more time waiting for our regular appointments, because Dr Hubschman is a very busy and sought after practitioner. It is more than worth it to be able to see him. Having much experience with teaching hospitals, I understand the quality that this facility and this physician are providing to me. Keep up the good work, and thank you for making my surgical experience the best it could be! Warmest Regards, Laura
Laura Hackenbrock – Jun 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Dr. Jean Hubschman Is a great Dr. to have on your side . I only can say great caring Dr. to have on your side . Thank you Dr. the result of my surgery is great Thank you .
Mike Manafian – Jun 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Professional treatment team. Dr. Hubschman provided excellent care for my retinal tear.
gail meyer – Jun 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
My 92 year-old mother has been Dr. Hubschman's patient for at least 10 years. Through his great care, we believe he's saved her eyesight. He diagnosed her macular degeneration and since that time has strategically cared for her. Recently he repaired her torn retina with his magical hands and fingers! She is thrilled with the outcome and can't thank Dr. Hubschman and his staff enough. Like Dr. Hubschman his staff is knowledgeable and kind. We HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hubschman. Wish there were more stars!
Cathy M. – Jun 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Dr Hubschman saved me from going blind in my left eye. My retina detached at least half-way. A friend told me to call the Stein Eye Center at UCLA. I called at 4pm and told the person I spoke with that I had a dark spot covering half of my left eye. She asked me if I could come in the next morning by 8am because it was very important. I gratefully said yes! Long-story short, after some tests/examinations, I was in surgery by the early afternoon. Dr Hubschman reattached my retina with a laser in 31 places. I am back playing tennis. But more importantly, I am able to work every day at my desk job looking at a computer screen for hours. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Hubschman and the staff at the Stein Eye Institute at UCLA.
Mike O'Grady – May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
My experience with Dr Jean Pierre Hubschman at the Stein Eye Institute has been excellent. Dr Hubschman was able to diagnose my situation and move forward in a friendly, prompt and appropriate manner. Throughout the process he made me aware of the steps to be taken from scheduling surgery to all follow up visits. At all times I felt that I was in the care of very experienced hands. I can highly recommend Dr Hubschman for his sincerity, caring and formidable talent.
Jerry Meyer – Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Excellent surgeon! I already had 2 surgeries with very good results. My vision is 20/20 today, and I am forever grateful to Dr.Hubschman!
Berit Shipman – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
Last year (2020), amid the COVID-19 pandemic and a day before Thanksgiving, Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman performed a next-day emergency surgery to repair my detached retina. The surgery and the outcome were successful, and Dr. Hubschman, along with his excellent and compassionate team at UCLA Stein Eye Institute in Westwood, did everything to make my experience as stress-free as possible. During the surgery and post-op checkups Dr. Hubschman took the time to explain the procedure, to offer his observations, and to answer my questions. I thank Dr. Hubschman for the job well done, and recommend him for his skills, professionalism, and overall care.
IBZ – Jan 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
My right eye’s vision became completely blinded and had extreme headache after two retinal detachment surgeries did by a “specialist” at my local medical group (Not UCLA). And problem is that doctor didn’t tell me what was going on (I doubt he knew). I was scared and thought I should find other solution. With my optometrist friend’s strong recommendation for Dr. Hubschman and google searching, found this web site and read Dr. Hubschman with very high rate. I had confidence. Dr. Hubschman examined my eyes with very details, did a lot of tests, and found many issues because of the complications of previous surgeries. After the surgery and curing did by Dr. Hubschman, my headache went away amazingly and my vision is improving significantly. I’m getting more and more confident after each visiting. Dr Hubschman is professional and very patient to listen and explain our questions and concerns. Thanks you, Dr Hubschman! You save my right eye.
Jim D. – Jan 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Hubschman. My eyesight, after many decades of diabetes, was beginning to deteriorate. I had a condition called macular pucker. As an artist, my vision is the way I appreciate the world. I thank fate and the heavens for putting me in the incredibly competent hands of Dr. Hubschman, a world-renowned surgeon. My surgery was incredibly complicated and successful. The follow-up care, as he evaluates the progress of my retina, has also been impressive. My vision continues to improve.
Martin Bruinsma – Dec 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
I had detached retina surgery (not UCLA) and after going through the face down recovery and everything was looking great (20/30), it happened again but worse. After waiting 4 days and then told they still could not fit me in, I called Stien Eye Institute and explained my situation. I emailed my ER papers and within minutes was told to see Dr. Hubschman at 3:30 that day and I would be added to the following day surgery schedule. I am so thankful for Dr. Hubschman, his fellows and his staff. Within 24 hours I was in and out of surgery. After following his recovery instructions to a “T”, my left eye has 20/50 vision (that is still improving). For a second and complete detachment this is amazing. When I first met Dr. Hubschman he told me this is a team effort, 50% was on him and 50% was on me. I did my part and he did AWESOME on his part. When it comes to your vision you need a surgeon you can trust. You need Dr. Hubschman. I can’t say thank you enough to him and his fellows. 5*
TJ Imholte – Nov 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
The best. He saved my eyesight after I had a stroke in my right eye. His treatment was efficient, kind and compassionate.
Candace Yeamans – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?
My optometrist spotted an epirentinal membrane and said I should see a retinal specialist. I searched for the best and Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman came very highly recommended online. He was also the first choice of several people at Stein Center who my friend (a professor at UCLA) knows personally. It was sometimes difficult dealing with the office and it's always busy when you need to visit Stein. But those hassles are well worth it to have Dr. Hubschman as your surgeon, and his assistants are great. At my 2 week post op check up my vision was 20/20. The surgery and outcome could not have gone better. Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman is an amazing surgeon and I completely trusted him and highly recommend him.
Kat Dillon – Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jean-Pierre Hubschman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hubschman?
Provider explaining information to patient