Dr. Jayson Neil, MD

Dr. Jayson Neil, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 40

Neurosurgery

Dr. Jayson Neil, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Overland Park, KS. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Research Medical Center and Overland Park Regional Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Neuroscience Associates of Kansas City

• Sat: closed

Midwest Neuroscience Institute

Research Medical Center2330 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City, MO 64132

Overland Park Surgical Specialists and Sports Medicine - Overland Park

Overland Park Surgical Specialists and Sports Medicine - Overland Park12200 W 106th St Ste 400 Overland Park, KS 66215
    • Sat: closed

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Neil is affiliated with Research Medical Center Kansas City, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Overland Park Regional Medical Center

Dr. Neil's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Neil

Dr. Neil

Very personable and reachable. He is an expert in his field. I trust him with any medical problems that I have. He answers everything in detail and always gives you copies of the x-rays that were done. I will continue to see him if needed and suggest him to others.
Jul 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Dr. Neil took a great deal of time to investigate the history of my back issues before we ever met. He was very confident he could help me in spite of two previous failed surgeries. He explained the procedures he proposed, answered all of my questions, and was extremely realistic regarding the outcomes. The procedure went well, and the result is fantastic! I have had minimal pain since I left the hospital, and despite the extensive surgery performed I was walking without any assistance within four days. The recovery has gone so well that at eight weeks post operation, I have been completely released from Dr. Neil's care. This is a testament to his preparation, development of a plan, and the skill he has to affect the most positive outcome possible. I will be eternally grateful to Dr. Neil for what he has accomplished for me, and highly recommend him as both a surgeon and a compassionate human being.
Mark Metrokotsas – Apr 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Dr. Neil is amazing. So kind, shows true compassion and genuine care for his patients. I was terrified when I found out I required brain surgery earlier this year. The moment he walked into the exam room for my first appointment I was immediately at ease and felt 100% confident in his knowledge, skill and care. I never thought there was hope for me to feel "normal". He truly gave me my life back and I am forever grateful.
Kat M – Oct 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
I have tumors that grow on my nerves, and 3 were found growing inside my spine. I was in excruciating pain, and the only way to stop it was to remove the tumors. Surgery on my spine was a scary thought though. I was terrified of becoming paralyzed, or worse, not even surviving such an invasive surgery. Dr. Neil successfully removed those tumors and, aside from the normal discomfort and pain that comes from having any surgery, my pain disappeared. Now, 3 months later, I am back to work (on light duty for now) and I have my life back. Pain can be so debilitating. No one should have to endure such agony. Dr. Neil agrees. He is a wonderful doctor with exceptional skills. If you ever need a neurosurgeon, this is the person to call!
Venus Domerese – May 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
I had right leg pain, sometimes severe, and assumed it was my sciatic nerve. I eventually got an MRI after 2.5 months, and it showed a severely herniated disc compressing my spinal cord. Once I saw Dr, Neil, he told me it was so bad, he was somewhat surprised I wasn't paralyzed. I scheduled surgery asap, and have been home 2 days, and feeling much relief. Dr Neil has an exceptional bedside manner, and explained in detail the surgery and answered all my questions splendidly. I was apprehensive and nervous and this was calming. I am already walking around normally, and feel all will improve. I am very thankful to have had the expertise and kindness of Dr. Neil.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Donald Schleicher – Apr 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Dr. Neil is a talented, caring neurosurgeon who has the rare combination of technical expertise and genuine compassion to successfully treat difficult neurological conditions. The concerns I had prior to meeting with Dr. Neil were dispelled by his straightforward, honest engagement with me and my wife. Surgery was completed without complications and within 24 hours my mobility symptoms were gone.
Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
DR NEIL IS AWSOME. HE IS BOTH CARING AND RESPONSIVE TO YOUR CONCERNS AND NEEDS. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANY SPINAL CARE. I HAD SEVERE SCOLIOSIS AND OSTEOPENIA. IN WAS HAVING TROUBLE WALKING BECAUSE I WAS SO BENT OVER. I AM NOW STRAIGHTER AND I DO NOT EXPERIENCE THE PAIN I HAD IN THE PAST.
DOLORES HIRT – Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Dr Neil and his staff took excellent care of me when I broke my neck. I especially would like to thank his assistant, Bonnie. When I wasn't getting the care I needed from my pcp, she was very helpful with other resources and medical advice, but she went above and beyond by just listening to my frustrations, being empathetic to my tears and pain, and offering words of encouragement. I will forever be grateful for her compassion during one of the most difficult times of my life. Thank you, Bonnie!
Amy Waltrip – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
i went to Dr. Neil with pain on my left side and numbness. After an exam with his Nurse Practitioner, they recommended that I have a fusion of the cervical 4/5, 5/6, 6/7. I had the surgery on 18 December 2019. After the surgery I could not drive for three months and had to wear a neck brace all the time. I followed his directives to the T. I wore the brace and did not drive and did not take NSAID's so that way the bones would grow properly. So happy I did this. I have not been released and never have to go back. I have no limitations anymore. I highly recommend this doctor if you live in the Kansas City area, he is a perfectionist and you will be in good hands, and I have the CT Scan to prove it. Just remember to do everything he says.
Kathleen Harshman – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Very good. I didn't have any issues with the surgery, or any pain or complications from the surgery it self. He was very thorough at my follow-ups. I have much less pain. I won't discuss the balance and numbness issues. I hope that I will improve over this year.
Kirk – May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Very happy to have dr. Neil on my side. He always explained things so I could understand and always gave me the choice of what I wanted to do. He is a GREAT Dr.
Becky Wilson – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
My experience with Dr. Neil and his staff has been phenomenal! I am SO glad I spent 2 years researching for a surgeon that would be able to "fix" me. I had been in pain for 50 years and today I have ZERO pain. If you need spinal surgery, he is the ONLY one to see!
C Carr Andover, KS – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
When I walked out I felt like a million dollars He is awesome I would recommend him to anyone who needed a Dr. of his kind.
Karen Manning – Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Very good Doctor , takes enough time to explain . Very knowledgeable and compassionate .
Joseph – Dec 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
I had a 10 hour lumbar fusion with Dr. Neil. He always calmed my nerves and thoroughly went over all of my concerns pre-op. Post-op him and his team have been with me every step of the way. I’m extremely grateful to be his patient.
Professional Patient – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
A KU Medical Center surgeon operated on my daughter and placed a brace on her spine. 5 of the 8 screws backed out and that surgeon wanted to immediately operate on my daughter again prior to his leaving KU. We sought an alternative and found Dr. Jayson Neil who offered an alternative to try prior to what would be an extensive 7+ hour surgery. My daughter now has the initial work on her spine corrected and an additional brace on her back. She is recovering very well and her attitude is now very positive. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Neil to anyone with severe back problems. He will only recommend surgery if it is the last reasonable alternative and his performance on my daughter was and is almost a miracle from my perspective as her Father.
David – Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Dr. Jayson Neil took time to discuss my health issues and explain what different courses of treatment would be most beneficial for me. He explained and showed me printed pictures of my MRI for me to better understand what is happening in my spine. We will be doing a few different things and maybe even surgery if needed. Dr. Neil has previously done surgery on me for a ruptured disc. I was transferred from another hospital that time and had the surgery and recovered with no problems. I have a lot of faith in Dr. Neil and his staff.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Debra Schewe – Oct 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Dr. Neil performed my VNS (vestibular nerve section) to ease my vertigo from Meniere's Disease. He is an outstanding surgeon. He took time to meet with me at each appointment. He answered all of my questions. Dr. Neil is also a really kind individual. I have my life back thanks to him.
Aug 13, 2019
Very personable
Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?
Dr. Neil provide comprehensive advise and guidance to me and my family. As a former collegiate basketball player, I have suffered back pain over 25 years. Dr. Neil and his staff took time to diagnose and address the cause of the pain. Over the last 11 months I have had 3 back surgeries. The last surgery was 3 weeks ago which was an L4/L5 fusion. I can say for the first time in years I am pain free. During my hospital stay, Dr. Neil personally came to visit me and see how I am doing. The service and compassion that he and his staff showed me was second to none. There are a lot of "surgeons" out there that will give you a quick fix. I have met several of them. But Dr. Neil took time to address the issues and didn't immediately jump into a fusion. I would highly recommend using Dr. Neil for any neuro issues you may have.
Chris B. in Overland Park, KS – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jayson Neil, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Neil?