Dr. Jayasree N. Rao, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Rao's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Rao's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rao

Dr. Rao accepts 18 insurance carriers

18 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Texas True Choice
  • UniCare
  • WellCare

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Rao has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Rao

Dr. Rao's Review Details
3.9 based on 70 responses
Experience with Dr. Rao
Dr. Rao's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (63)
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rao had me on a chemo cocktail that was not the most up to date treatment for my cancer. Due to complications, she referred me to a gynecological oncologist. He was very concerned about me not receiving the correct chemo and contacted Dr. Rao about it. I wanted the gynecological oncologist to take over my case, but Dr. Rao was insistent with him and me that I stay with her. She agreed to follow his chemo recommendation. As soon as I was well enough, I left her practice.
in San Antonio TX |
Dr. Rao and her TEAM are AMAZING for lack of better words! My dad and his grumpy self was very well taken care of. We have a huge Mexican family who wanted to be there with him every time at every appointment and we were ALL always welcome with a smile. I cannot ever begin to tell her and her team how greatful we are for them and their facilities. My dad was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and is now in full remission. Thank you ALL for your support your LOVE and care.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rao has been treating me since August 2016 for colon cancer. She is an excellent doctor and very caring and compassionate. Dr. Rao always takes the the time to answer questions and explain treatment plans. I knew I was in good hands from the very first appointment. Dr. Rao also has an amazing office staff. From the front desk to the chemo room, they are always friendly and helpful. I finished my chemo last month and now I'm cancer free. I truly appreciate the excellent care that I received.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rao has been my husband's oncologist for over a year. A cancer diagnosis is life changing and having her as his doctor has truly been a blessing for our family. We are in her office weekly and she and her staff are efficient, professional and caring. She always takes time to answer questions and concerns. Treating cancer can be a financial burden, she has staff dedicated to finding financial assistance/funding which is a huge help. I have recommended Dr. Rao and will continue to do so.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Rao for my cancer which is at an advanced stage. It was a scary time for me but she was compassionate and explained my situation to me along with my options. She has always kept a positive outlook regarding my situation which gives me hope. It was been over a year now since I started treatment and I am seeing very good results. She is very experienced and truly cares about the care she and her staff provides.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Rao is the most caring and compassionate person I have ever met. She puts her whole heart and soul into helping others. She has extended office hours until 6:00pm which is very helpful! I highly recommended Dr. Rao!
San Antonio, TX |
I was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma in Oct 2014. Dr. Rao was recommended to me from my ENT doc and I'm so glad she was. From day 1 Dr Rao treated me like family and was on top of her game. She has such a positive and energetic personality that is infectious! She saved my life and cured my cancer; for that I'm eternally grateful.
in San Antonio, TX |
The moment I entered Oncology SA, it was absolutely apparent it was the BEST environment for my care. From Day 1, Dr. Rao & her staff gave wholly of themselves projecting a positivity I had not experienced elsewhere. Cancer care extends beyond the basic mechanics of medicine...professionalism, knowledge, truth & love is what I receive on EACH patient visit. As a patient for 2 yrs, my family & I can't imagine me being treated by anyone else. I'm Blessed to have Dr. Rao & her staff as family
in San Antonio , TX |
Dr Rao is a very caring and attentive physician. This was a second opinion, so I have another physician and office to compare it to. There was wait, like in all of my dr's appointments, but the difference with Dr. Rao is that when she got to me, she took her time to explain my situation and the best avenues of treatment. Dr. Rao is very knowledgeable and professional. I never felt rushed & was treated with the utmost kindness and respect.
in San Antonio, TX |
The doctor is not the issue. The issue is the appointment system, its complete inflexibility, that is only Monday/Thursday, and that you cannot contact them on any other days than those. The front office gentleman is one of the rudest individuals I have ever met that fronts an office. I have been left waiting an average of 45 mins to 90 minutes for the doctor past my appointment time. And don't dare ask the gentleman at the counter why there is a delay.
in BOERNE, TX |
Dr Rao has been treating me for Antiphospholipid Syndrome for approximately 4-5 years. I have been an RN for 38 years, and would like to share that I have deep respect for her medical knowledge and expertise. She has treated me on several occasions for secondary complications. Her treatment of each has been swift and medically appropriate. She's kind and compassionate with me, her other patients, and her staff as well. Her nurse practitioners and office staff are equally qualified and efficient.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had two terrible appointments with Dr. Rao concerning my bleeding disorder. Each appointment I left confused and frustrated. Dr. Rao tried to prescribe a medicine for me, but ordered the dosage 10x's too high. She was not familiar with my disease, yet she still tried to treat me! She could have seriously hurt me! Her staff is clearly frustrated with her, they do not trust her and neither do I! Thank God I decided to get a second opinion.
Have you seen Dr. Jayasree N. Rao, MD?
Are you Dr. Jayasree N. Rao, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Rao

• Anal Disorders
  • Anemia
  • Anemia of Pregnancy
  • Angiosarcoma of the Breast
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Aplastic Anemia
  • Appendix Cancer
  • Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Cancer Treatment Complications
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Anemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
  • Ductal Carcinoma in Situ
  • Endocrine Cancer
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Eye Cancer
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gallbladder Cancer
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gland Cancer
  • Hepatobiliary Cancer
  • Hereditary Spherocytosis
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Inflammatory Breast Cancer
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma of the Breast
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Male Breast Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Pre-Invasive Breast Cancer
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer

Completed in 1992

Easton Hospital

Completed in 2009

University Of Texas, San Antonio/Ctrc

Dr. Rao has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Rao's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Oncology
  • Board certified in Hematology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Rao

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Rao's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Rao

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Rao's Care Philosophy

Dr. Jayasree Rao is a board certified medical oncologist and hematologist who practices with Oncology San Antonio. As a part of the multidisciplinary cancer care group, Dr. Rao is committed to a comprehensive and compassionate team approach in the diagnosis, treatment and ongoing follow-up care of every cancer patient. Dr. Rao has experience treating many different types of cancer along with additional experience in geriatrics. She specializes in breast, genitourinary, and gastrointestinal cance