Dr. Jayant Talreja, MD

Dr. Jayant Talreja, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Male

Dr. Jayant Talreja, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. He has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Talreja is affiliated with Bon Secours - St. Mary's Hospital, Bon Secours - Memorial Regional Medical Center, Bon Secours - St. Francis Medical Center, Parham Doctors' Hospital, Retreat Doctors' Hospital, Henrico Doctors' Hospital, Johnston-Willis Hospital and CJW Medical Center - Chippenham.

Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc

5855 Bremo Rd Ste 706

Richmond, VA 23226

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Talreja

Gastrointestinal Specialists, Inc. is a group of 15 Board Certified Gastroenterologists committed to providing State of the Art, individualized, ethical and compassionate care for our patients. We have more than one hundred and fifty years of combined experience. We treat the entire spectrum of gastrointestinal and liver diseases including gastrointestinal bleeding, biliary tract disease, inflammatory bowel disease, peptic ulcer disease, GI motility disorders, pancreatic disease, and cancers.

Dr. Talreja's Experience

Dr. Talreja's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopic Ultrasound
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Stenting
  • Esophageal pH Monitoring
  • Esophagoscopy
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Intestinal Biopsy
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Sigmoidoscopy

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • Virginia Commonwealth University
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Talreja has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Talreja does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Talreja and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Johnston-Willis Hospital

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Talreja to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Talreja's Performance
Richmond, VA |
I've never been more disappointed in a practice. My lab results are never communicated to me unless I contact them. When I contact them my calls aren't returned and I have to physically go to the office for someone to answer me. I am never able to directly communicate with my doctor and there is a constant lack of compassion when there is an urgent matter. I'm very dissapointed and will be seeking help elsewhere.
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Talreja was professional and kind. More importantly the nursing staff working with him was excellent. They were the people I interacted with the most. They were friendly, had a caring attitude, and made sure to answer any questions I had.
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Talreja is very friendly and does everything he can to ensure that you feel better. He also explains all of the tests that he is running and why he is doing so to help ease your mind. He has helped me very much within the past year and I would definitely recommend him.
in Midlothian, VA |
An awesome doctor with a great bedside manner! Highly recommend him!
in Locust Grove, VA |
Dr. Talreja has been straight forward in his discussions, very clear in the path of treatment, and respectful of the situation. The staff is very confident of his expertise and admire his treatment of patients, as I do. He has taken the time needed to explain things and is always patient to answer an additional question. I feel like when he speaks to me he is committed to spend the time it takes to clearly communicate with me. I recommend him highly.
Mechanicsville, VA |
Dr.Talreja is a top of the notch doctor who is supported by an outstanding staff! He is a very caring, knowledgeable, personable, and professional doctor....he is an expert who I have nothing but high esteem for.
in Richmond, VA |
Thought he was good in person, but then didn't follow up after telling me I needed an endoscopy. I had called to ask a few questions, and followed up another time, with no reply for two weeks. Going elsewhere because I want a doctor who will call me back. Also, I waited for an hour to see him, and have a very hard time getting through to the front desk when calling, making the whole experience even more irritating.
First, I am a nurse. We have very specific requirements when it comes to choosing a doctor. Dr Talreja came highly recommended to me. I have a strong family history of colon cancer and was terrified to have a colonoscopy! Ridiculous, I know. He was empathetic and listened to all my concerns. He gave specifics and realistic expectations. He's my GI guy forever!!
in Richmond, VA |
Excellent. As a Nurse Anesthetist, I have the distinct advantage of watching lots of gastroenterologists work. I chose Dr. Talreja for my own physician because of his good judgement, calm demeanor, and ability to think clearly in difficult situations. I was very pleased with my experience and recommend him without reservation.
in Colonial Heights, VA |
Very caring, thoughtful of your concerns and explains what the procedure is for and what the end result should be.
in Henrico, VA |
Dr. Talreja is the GI Specialist on a team of doctors treating my wife's cancer. Within 2 days of diagnosis, Dr. Talreja scheduled an emergency endoscopy to get a biopsy of the mass. Over several months, he has placed 2 intestinal stents and performed a nerve blocking procedure. During hospital stays, either he or his excellent nurse practitioner made daily rounds to monitor her stomach mobility. Many of her procedures were done after normal working hours as he put her needs above family time.
in Richmond, VA |
Very easy to talk to about issue, and is willing to listen to your ideas about your medication problems.
in Midlothian, VA 23113 |
As a health care provider and a patient, I would recommend Jayant Talreja, MD. He has superior educational credentials. Dr. Talreja has an excellent grasp of the complicated anatomy and physiology of the GI system. He combines this with wonderful technical skills that are so important in the clinical area. Finally, Dr.Jayant Talreja, displayed a warm, compassionate bedside manner that I felt treated me as an individual. I received his undivided attention. I felt lucky to have him as my doctor.
in Richmond, VA |
I saw Dr. Talreja for upper abdominal pain and acid reflux. He is extrely knowledgeable and experienced. I felt confident in his decision making, testing and treatment recommendations. He's very professional and has excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him to anyone experiencing gastrointestinal issues.
in Fredericksburg, VA |
I have found Dr. Talreja to be competent, caring and compassionate. Personally I have had some medical issues beyond the scope of gastroenterology. Dr. Talreja led the charge to get me the diagnosis and care I needed by working with his colleagues at the hospital. I like his bedside manner and he does not rush my visits. He listens well and values my comments.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Talreja is an extremely knowledgeable,skilled,gentle and compassionate.
in Richmond Va |
Dr Talreja was on time and took all the time needed to review my current situation. He discussed the details of my care and answered all my questions as if I was his only patient for the day. Knowing he had several scheduled that day. Dr Talreja was very easy to speak with and he gave thought to all my questions before answering. He is clearly an expert in his field. His staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone with GI issues or in need of a colonoscopy.
Richmond, VA |
I have been treated by Dr. Talreja since November 2015. He was able to pinpoint what had been the issue with me and get me on the right path to feeling better. He and his assistant are always available to talk about any new symptoms I am having. His bedside manner has always been wonderful.
in Richmond, VA |
Was referred to him from the emergency room who put me out of work. I've tryed to set up appointments afterward for my tests with very poor results. Because I was put on an FMLA the emergency room couldn't fill it out but my referring doctor could and if it doesn't get filled out I could lose my job. All communication I've had, has been with his assistant Marie who hangs up on me almost everytime and is always rude she just told me he refuses to fill out the paperwork and basically tough luck.
in Ashland, VA |
Very thorough and capable doctor, who spent lots of time getting to know me.
Richmond, VA |
WHEN AN MD IS MORE CONCERNED ABOUT A 35.00 COPAY THEN A PATIENTS HEALTH AND Safety, then perhaps he should consider banking as an occupation. Debbie Chisholm R.N.
Have you seen Dr. Jayant Talreja, MD?
Are you Dr. Talreja?