Dr. Jay Parekh, DO

Interventional Pain Medicine | Male

Tampa Office 8318 N Habana Ave Tampa, FL 33614 Get Directions
Dr. Jay Parekh, DO
Dr. Jay Parekh, DO is an interventional pain medicine doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Parekh is affiliated with Florida Hospital Tampa, Florida Hospital Carrollwood and South Bay Hospital.

Dr. Parekh's Care Philosophy

Pain Medicine is a passion to me and healing is my ultimate goal. Some pain conditions can be simple to treat, but others can be very challenging. I will do everything I can to alleviate your suffering. I welcome patients to challenge me and other physicians who manage their care. Do not be afraid to ask questions and request explanation of your care; after all it is your health. Visit us at WWW.UNIVERSALPAINSPECIALISTS.COM

Dr. Parekh's Experience

See how Dr. Parekh's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Parekh

Dr. Parekh accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Parekh is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Parekh has admitting privileges.

Dr. Parekh's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parekh to family and friends
Dr. Parekh's Performance
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Parekh is caring, polite and fully explains everything that goes into procedures and your current state of health, which I've found others really don't do well in the area. Previously went to another doctor, whose staff couldn't schedule and appointment and eventually cancelled after six reschedules. I've never had a problem with an appointment with Dr. Parekh, whose his staff gets you in and out without wasting your time. They also call you following procedures to see how you're doing.
in Zephyrhills, FL |
I am a patient of Dr. Parekhs', and as a physician myself whom has had a lumbar fusion in the past; continued to have spinal pain and referral down the legs. With Dr. Parekh's help we were able to reduce the referral, and almost eradicate the lower back pain. I can't began to tell you what a relief this is. I am very blessed to have his ability to help me in the present and future when needed. I would refer anyone whom needs spinal care, even if not to treat a second opinion is always good.
in Lutz, FL |
Fabulous experience. Really helped me in my time of need. He was very willing to spend time to understand my problem. I had a minimal wait in his office and now I am able to get back to my normal activities. Would highly recommend him to others.
Plant City, FL |
I did not check carefully when the office scheduled my next appointment and I found that I had 34 days between appointments / refills with only a 30 day supply of medication. This wasn't noticed until about 25 or 26 days into the 30 day prescription and I typically use all of the medication as prescribed each month. I experience a considerable amount of pain when not medicated and any attempt at rationing the remaining medication to last the extra 4 days would have led to extreme discomfort.
Tampa, FL |
I sought care from Dr. Parekh following an auto accident. Unlike other clinics, I was able to get an appointment immediately which I desperately needed. The clinic is very nicely decorated and clean with a coffee station for patients. The staff was very friendly and helpful. But the most important part was Dr. Parekh provided exceptional care that I needed for a severe injury. His clinic is equipped with the best technology. I needed an injection for my severe pain. He always made me feel relaxe
St. Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Parekh is a knowledge and very professional. Physician. Always quick with a well thought out response and willing to go the extra step for his patients.
Tampa, FL |
Got me in for an injection right away. I feel so much better already. He is really a good doctor! He also has such a great staff. Everyone is truly wonderful!
Tampa, FL |
Great Doctor. Very kind and helpful. I would recommend him to my friends and family!
in Plant City, FL |
I would recommend anyone to dr. Parekh, i can get around so much better after my back treatments and i have so much more energy.
in Tampa. FL |
Very friendly and helpful.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Parekh is a terrific Doctor. I used him a year and half ago for my right shoulder and his procedure went so well that I have not had any problems since. He is now treating my small of my back and he is just excellent and out standing. He gets you in ASAP. Scheduled for MRI and X-Ray and preformed the Cordizone Shot two days later. After two procedures I cannot speak highly enough of him.
in Tampa FL |
Horrible experience. I had a 10am appt. and had to wait 2 hours .
in Tampa, FL |
He takes the time to listen to the patient, really listen. He is compassionate and understanding and doesn't make you feel like he's rushing you. He is an excellent doctor. Would highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Jay Parekh, DO?
Are you Dr. Parekh?

Compare Dr. Parekh

Dr. Parekh's Care Philosophy

Dr. Parekh's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Parekh has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Parekh's Board Certifications

University of Texas Medical School At San Antonio
    University of Michigan

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Parekh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parekh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Interventional Pain Medicine

• Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Neurolytic Nerve Block
  • Pain Management
  • Percutaneous Disc Decompression
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation