Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jay Older, MD
Dr. Jay Older, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 77 years old and has been practicing for 51 years. Dr. Older is affiliated with Florida Hospital Tampa.

4444 E Fletcher Ave Ste D

Tampa, FL 33613

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Older

Dr. Older's Experience

Dr. Older's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology

• Ophthalmology

• Ophthalmology
    Accredited by: American Board of Ophthalmology*

• Bell's Palsy
  • Blepharitis
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes

• Stanford Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1973
  • University Of California-San Francisco
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1974

Dr. Older has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Older does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Older and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Older's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Older to family and friends
Dr. Older's Performance
Tampa, FL |
If I can rate him zero stars I would. His office manager Jennifer is very rude. The doctor is old and has bad judgment and he should probably retire. Please Do not visit this Doctor because he Is just profiting and does not care about patient care.
Wesley Chapel, FL |
Excellent experience. Very courteous, informative and caring doctor & staff. I would highly recommend Dr Older.
Dade City, FL |
All contact with Dr. Older and staff was professional and comfortable. So far the results of the surgery to both eyes is good.
Tampa, FL |
USF sent me to Dr. Older when Dr. Slonim went to VA. This was not a "willing" transfer for me but Dr. Older was great. Surgery was carefully described and well performed. I certainly would recommend him to anyone with eyelid problems.
in New Port Richey, FL |
Two surgeons were recommended by my regular ophthalmologist, and several other surgeons by friends. After doing some research I narrowed my search to two surgeons. I chose Dr. Older because of his impeccable credentials, training, experience, and continued educational involvement in the field. I liked his bedside manner, personal attention, explanations of what to expect, and his involving me in decision making. His staff were courteous, professional, efficient, and caring.
in Dunedin, FL |
I am an Asian woman in my seventies. Retaining my ethnic appearance is very important to me. I searched the Tampa Bay area for a surgeon that understands my viewpoint and my desire to keep the uniqueness of Asian eyes. Dr Older is well experienced with retaining this aspect through his surgery. His practice guided me well from initial interview to post operation. I am extremely pleased with the results and my vision has greatly improved.
in Tampa, FL |
He is an excellent doctor. I didn't feel any pain from start to finish of my procedure including my recuperation. I highly recommend him for his knowhow to any one.
in Lakeland, FL |
I have a congenital defect causing left eye ptosis, affecting my vision. I have seen many physicians and surgeons over the years to address this, but was never happy with their plan of care and expected outcomes. I saw Dr. Older and was thoroughly impressed with his credentials and kind and confident manner, as well as his different approach to addressing my problem. I am now six weeks out of surgery and couldn't be happier! The entire staff is professional and caring. Consult with Dr. Older!
in Tampa, FL |
Patient care that is second to none! Still cares about the "Heath" in healthcare.
in San Antonio, Florida |
Dr.Older took the time to fully explain the procedure and what I would experience during the procedure. During the procedure, he would ask me what I was experiencing. He called me personally the evening of the procedure and again the next morning to check on me.
in Zephyrhills , FL |
Very good. Am so satisfied with the outcome of my surgery. Dr Older is very caring.
Tampa, FL |
I went to Dr. Applebaum and he is awesome. He takes his time with his patients to explain everything and cares deeply for his patients and the work he does. Wonderful physician and experience.
in Lutz, FL |
.dr older s professionally is on the top n his field ,, He has been blessed with extrodinary talent and a keen sense to the patience needs, lHe make you feel confident in what he is doing He wants the patient satisfied, He explains the results to you so you might want to think about adding a minor procedure while you are sedated. The staff are a team and very attentive to their tasks and patient , I didn't feel any apprehensions through the procedure, there was minor discomfort the first
in Tampa, FL |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Older. He explained exactly what the procedure entailed and I had terrific results. I now can sleep all night.
in Lutz, FL |
Dr Older was friendly and did an excellent job of explaining the blepharoplasty ( droopy lids) procedure and what I would be experiencing. I experienced no pain after the surgery. and was happy with the results. The office staff were cheerful and office waiting time was very short. I would certainly recommend Dr Older to friends or family members..
in San Antonio, FL |
I had a recent procedure for droopy eyelids at Dr. Older's office and I absolutely am thrilled with my results. Dr. Older and his surgical team were amazing and his staff are professional and friendly. I went to Dr. Older because my optometric physician highly recommended him after he himself had surgery of the eye for cancer and now was totally unnoticeable.
in Tampa, FL |
Excellent communicator; he explained the procedure clearly then performed exactly as promised. Pleasant and professional.
Have you seen Dr. Jay Older, MD?
Are you Dr. Older?