Dr. Jay Mulaney, MD

Dr. Jay Mulaney, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jay Mulaney, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Lakeland, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

814 Griffin Rd

Lakeland, FL 33805

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Mulaney

See how frequently Dr. Mulaney performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
Glaucoma
Cataract

Dr. Mulaney's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Trabeculotomy Ab Externo
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• University Pennsylvania
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Institute University Miami
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Mulaney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mulaney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mulaney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mulaney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mulaney to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Mulaney's Performance
in Lakeland, FL |
Dr Mulaney is a physician with not only excellent credentials but the skills, abilities and staff to complete the surgery with great care and super results. My experience has been a new way for me to "see" the world, literally and figuratively. Highly recommend to anyone who needs this surgery.
in Lakeland, FL |
My experience here was a very good one. I was made to understand all about the eye and the problems I have with the eye so I am happy I came here.
Following the advice of my family physician, I went to Dr. Jay Mulaney at Central Florida Eye Associates to try to solve some eye problems that were originally picked up at a routine visit to my optometrist in the fall of 2012. After having had limited success at another ophthalmologist, Dr. Mulaney led me through a series of steps that culminated in two surgeries in October of 2015. I am a church musician who now functions normally. Dr. Mulaney's expertise gave me back my life.
in Lakeland, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Mulaney to anyone that needs eye care.
"Dr. Mulaney has examined my eyes several times and I am always impressed with him and his staff. He takes the time to answer my questions and has excellent bedside manner." "I highly recommend Dr. Mulaney. He explained my condition in easy to understand terms. The office staff were very pleasant and treated me kindly" SK, Lakeland Florida
in Tampa, FL |
My husband recently had his Cataract surgery performed by Dr. Mulaney. After the surgery he came and explained everything to me very patiently answered my questions. He completely surprised me with a call at home in evening asking about my husbands condition and if everything was O.K. This showed what a caring doctor.
in Vancouver, BC |
I've been a patient of Dr Mulaney for several years and am always very satisfied at the results. He gives great advice for all questions asked, takes his time, never rushed. The staff is sweet and very accommodating, the wait time is minimal. Office is clean and bright. He is an exceptional medical provider. He communicates to his patient in such a way that I am able to understand each medical condition I experience. I was very happy with his care and professionalism and would highly recommend.
I've been a patient of Dr Mulaney for several years and am always very satisfied at the results. He gives great advice for all questions asked, takes his time, never rushed. The staff is sweet and very accommodating, the wait time is minimal. Office is clean and bright. . A+
in Tampa, FL |
A caring doctor . After my Cataract Surgery Dr. Mulaney took time to call me personally in the evening to find out how I was doing and if everything was Okay. This kind of care is vanishing in the field of medicine. This showed the that Dr. Mulaney cares for his patients and this was reinforced next day by other patients whom I met the next day for post-op check up. They were also surprised to receive the phone call and were praising Dr. Mulaney
in Mentone, Alabama |
Never had a more compassionate or competent ophthalmologist. He monitored my vision every six months due to my arthritis medication and performed my cataract surgeries. As I've read from others, he called all patients the night of surgery. I can't think of a negative over all my time as a patient. I moved from Florida in 2013 and have established with an ophthalmologist in north Georgia but I guess I'll have a hard time finding another who measures up to Dr. Mulhaney.
St Petersburg, FL |
My mother who is 85 years old and lives by herself was scared to go to her eye doctor of 30 years plus because she thought he was going to take her licenses away. She has had several strokes and does not communicate or understand very well. She lost her eyeglasses and needed to get a prescription so she called Dr. Mulaney. He set her up for two cataract surgeries. I cancelled them took her to her regular doc and he said it was for Dr. Mulaney's financial benefit not hers.
Lakeland, FL |
By far the best eye doctor in Lakeland! He is patient, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. I am definitely coming back.
in Telford Tennessee |
After 3 office visits he did not find the foreign object fragments stuck in my eye He said that the eyes were fine
in Lakeland, FL |
Had cataract/astigmatism surgery. Dr. Mulaney, his staff and all associated with Central Florida Eye Association and my surgery could not have been better. Everyone was professional and friendly. Dr. Mulaney called me the evening following both my surgeries to personally ask how I was. The following day his staff called me. I highly recommend Dr. Mulaney and I especially highly recommend the cataract and astigmatism surgeries. Cataract surgery is life altering, a marvelous joyous outlook on life
Have you seen Dr. Jay Mulaney, MD?
Are you Dr. Mulaney?