Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Jay Hoelscher, MD
Dr. Jay Hoelscher, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 47 years old.

JAY M HOELSCHER, MD PA

250 E Basse Rd Ste 208

San Antonio, TX 78209

Learn about Dr. Hoelscher

Dr. Hoelscher's Experience

Dr. Hoelscher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dr. Hoelscher does not have any board certifications listed.

• COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol

• Physical Examination

• University of Nebraska / College of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Hoelscher has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hoelscher has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hoelscher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hoelscher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hoelscher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hoelscher to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Hoelscher's Performance
    GOOD
San Antonio, TX |
I am a new patient to Dr. Hoelscher and have had 2 appointments so far. He was great about answering all of my questions and I felt very comfortable with his staff. Would definitely recommend him.
San Antonio, TX |
If you want to be disregarded as a human being with questions, concerns and emotions, this is the guy.
in San Antonio, TX |
Great experience. They were true to their word of in and out with in 1 hour of my appointment time. Staff explained all the office policy's of what an "establishing patient" appointment was compared to a physical. I like how they have text message reminders for my appointment and to get my labs completed before I am seen. Melissa was new in the front but still very helpful. Dr.Hoelscher was attentive to my needs and provided me with new options for medications. Would recommend.
in San Antonio, TX |
Very attentive and thorough. He is on our new insurance and I hope he stays on it. I would recommend him to family and friends. I was even able to get my husband in to see him.
in san antonio, tx |
Love this doc! Took his time with me and explained what I needed to know. Happy to have found a physician that is knowledgeable.
in San Antonio, TX |
Friendly staff. Cares about me as the patient. If looking for a new PCP, I would highly recommend Dr. Horlscher.
in Dan Antonio, Texas |
I had pain in my private parts and someone had referred me to this doctor. At first I was embarrassed to go but the staff made me feel at ease and then the doctor was very much so empathetic and gave me assurance everything no matter what was going to be ok. I'm glad to say that everything is good and I have been conning back ever since for any situation. Thank you so much. Bruce
in Boerne, TX |
Dr. Hoelscher is an outstanding person. He was very knowledgeable and thoughtful. I had to schedule a last minute appointment and needed urgent results to which Dr. Hoelscher accommodated and everything went smoothly. Highly recommend to my own family and friends. Staff is nice too.
San Antonio, TX |
This was the first doctors appointment I've been to that I almost walked out midway because I was extremely distressed, and frustrated by the staff and doctor himself. I would have been happier throwing away co-pay, than return to this office. I walked into a very beautiful, empty office. There were two women at the front desk who barely acknowledged my presence, so from the get go I was a little peeved. I walked up to one receptionist and waited for her to welcome me, and that did not happen.
in San Antonio, TX |
I am literally in shock as I sit from the lobby waiting room to type this after being humiliated. I was "seeking" why I had massive weight loss for a year. Explained I was cutting out gluten and alcohol which he considered "restricting". Said he didnt subscribe to naturopathic meds. He accused me of being bulemic and said he couldn't help me. Yes, I restricted gluten and alchohol as they were unhealthy for me. Logic says I wouldnt come in to get help with weight loss if I knew I was causing it.
San Antonio, TX |
The office was basically empty when I arrived and I was not seen by the doctor until an hour after my appointment time (on a Wednesday morning). I was there for a simple matter but the doctor seemed incapable of making simple decisions related to what amounted to a work release form. I will not be returning.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Hoelscher was great. Parking was easy and the office feels nice. In and out so fast I had time to check out a couple of new shops in the Quarry. Medical care and shopping. A total win-win :-)
in San Antonio, TX |
The office manager and her receptionist are not patient friendly. The fired my son who is a special needs young man because I WOULD NOT give them a ssn. The manager stated it was needed to bill. I work for the insurance company and I KNOW that an SSN is not ever needed to bill. And for her to tell me that I can pay in cash (the dr is contracted with my ins) this is not an option. she fired my other son while he was in the treatment room was so unprofessional. & refused to call in Rx (diabe
in San Antonio, TX |
I had to wait 1 hour to see the doc after arriving on time for appt. Doctor has good bedside manners and listens carefully, but his office staff is rude, inefficient and unprofessional. It has taken me a month (and counting) to get a properly filled referral delivered to my specialist. All the while, they do not apologize or take any accountability for the poor customer service. They treat you like you're bothering them. They need basic customer training, including the supposed office mgr.
Poorly run practice. Awful experience. As a healthcare professional myself, I recommend going somewhere else.
Have you seen Dr. Jay Hoelscher, MD?
Are you Dr. Hoelscher?