Dr. Jay S. Gottlieb, DO

Dr. Jay S. Gottlieb, DO

Dermatology | Male | 63 years old

Board Certified in Dermatology and Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery. Treat each patient as an individual and provide them with the same care I would provide to my own family memberRead more

Personal Bio

I practiced as a Board Certified Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified Dermatologist...Read more

Dr. Gottlieb's Experience

See how Dr. Gottlieb's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gottlieb

Dr. Gottlieb accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gottlieb has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Gottlieb's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gottlieb to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Gottlieb
Dr. Gottlieb's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (239)
Dr. Gottlieb Says:

It is humbling and a privilege to have so many patients refer family, friends and coworkers to me for dermatology care.  There is no profession in my opinion that can be so gratifying on a daily basis.  I am so fortunate to be in the medical profession!

in Pembroke Pines |
Dr. Gottlieb is a very warm and caring doctor. Additionally he has a good sense of humor which is always nice in a doctor / patient relationship.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Jay and his entire staff are very kind, professional and thorough. During my recent skin cancer removal, Dr. Jay kept up a running commentary explaining what he was doing and answering all my questions all of which kept me calm and the procedure was done before I knew it. His follow up was excellent and you never leave the exam room until he's answered all your questions and he gives you a business card with information on how to reach him at any time.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I felt that Dr. Gottlieb took care of every concern in had and answered all my questions. I had a cyst on my chest that has been bothering me, he removed it and had it biopsied. I had no pain after the removal and i followed his very detailed directions on after care. I was also having alot of itching and stinging non my skin mostly arms, he told me to bathe with dove liquid soap and change my laundry soap to Tide or anything Freeof dyes and perfumes, i did that and i feel so much better.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is thorough, caring and practical. I always feel confident that my issues are are fully investigated and I leave his office with all my questions answered.
in Hollywood, FL |
Very knowledgeable and great bedside manner!
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
From the first visit several years ago I felt at ease with Dr. Gottlieb. He is friendly and caring. I always feel that he does a very thorough check of me. He does not rush through, like some doctors seem to do. Dr. Gottlieb is there for you and your needs. He is excellent at finding and identifying problem areas. I highly recommend him, and his staff. All offices should strive to be like his; professional, caring and friendly.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr.Gottlieb is great. He is thorough and listens well. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a quality dermatologist.
in Miramar, FL |
Excellent bedside manner! We highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb!
in Hollywood, FL |
Excellent doctor. Very thorough evaluation and examination. He identified something early stage. Trust your doctor.
Dr. Gottlieb and his staff are very friendly, committed professionals. They understand a patient's issues, and take the time to evaluate/examine you on every visit. He cares for his patients. He is sincere and forthright in resolving any concerns a patient has. Dr. Gottlieb/Miramar Dermatology are highly recommended!
in Sunny Isles Beach, FL |
Excellent doctor + very personable.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is very knowledgable and takes his time to examine you thoroughly. He is very professional and makes the patient feel comfortable. Explains everything very well. Listens to my questions. He cares about his patients.
Lakeland, FL |
He was very thorough and he answered all my questions. It was a pleasant experience.
in Hollywood, FL |
My prior dermatologist would quickly glance over me at checkups. Dr Gottlieb gives a very thorough body exam.
in Miramar, FL |
This is my second visit to Dr. Gottlieb. I think he is excellent. Very personable. Always giving advice on care for your skin as he is conducting his examination. Also takes the time to listen to me and answer all of my questions.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Gottlieb for three years now. I only need a few words to describe his service, dedication, knowledge and work ethics; excellent, refreshing and rare. I Only wish there were many more doctors in general like Dr. Gottlieb.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb shared similar experience and well aware of the symptoms and treatment for my skin condition. His treatment plan, consisting of combination of medication has helped significantly with my condition. I have referred my friends to Dr. Gottlieb due to my trust in his judgement and practice. His office also offered discount program for qualifying insurance holders, which allowed significant saving in expensive prescriptions. He is the best Dr. I've seen thus far between NYC and Miami.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb has a very straight forward way of letting you know exactly what he is doing, seeing, and explaining what needs to be done. He also lets you know when nothing needs to be done and why. He is very personable and friendly. He has taken care of both myself and my wife. We are very comfortable with Dr.Gottlieb and I would highly reccomend him to my family and friends.
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was very professional and very thorough. I was so impressed with his care and attention to detail. I have highly recommended Dr Gottlieb to family and friends.
in Miramar,FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is the kindest, most caring physician I have ever known. I was tormented for 7 years with salivary glands that would swell and cause pain. I saw every specialist known to man, with no concrete diagnosis. On my first visit to see Dr Gottlieb for something COMPLETELY UNRELATED, he read my new patient history and asked if anyone had tested me for Sjogren's Syndrome. I had never heard of it. He gave me a lab request just to "rule it out". And wouldn't you know it, he was right!#caring
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is one the best dermatologists that I have ever met. He is very informative and takes note of the symptoms that his patient is exhibiting, while determining that best course of action. Highly recommend.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb did a great job with my surgery. I have had nothing but great experiences when dealing with hiim or his office.
in Dania Beach, FL |
Dr Gottlieb, Amy and Ashley are such a wonderful team. Highly skilled and so personable. I wish that all medical offices could be just like this one.
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was very friendly, knowledgeable, and explained exactly what was going to happen. I highly recommend him.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb has been our family's dermatologist for many years. His expertise and experience is commendable. His rapport with his patients and genuine interest in patient wellness is like no other. His staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb without hesitation.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is an amazing doctor. He explained the details of the procedure to my son which made my son feel comfortable and not nervous. All 3 of my children see him and we drive all the way from Miami. Worth the drive!
Miami, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was very thorough in his examination and provided me with a lot of good information.
Deerfield beach Florida |
Short wait, excellent service. Answered all questions. Very cordial.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is very personable and conversational during the appointment. Did a great job of explaining all aspects of the exam and how to take preventative measures to improve your outcomes.
in , FL |
I visited the office of Dr. Gottlieb today for my second pilar cyst removal . The professionalism of Dr. Gottlieb and his excellent staff is outstanding in every way. The procedure was fast and painless . I would highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb to family and friends for their dermatology needs .
in Miramar, FL |
Went to see Dr. Gottlieb this past week and he and his staff always make you feel like family. Very knowledge staff and as a doctor, you couldn't ask for more.
in Weston, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb takes the time to explain your condition and the available treatments so you can make an educated decision about your medical care.
Tampa, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Gottlieb due to his complete understanding and respect to his patients. He works with you very well and makes sure that you're in good hands.
in Hallandale Beach, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was amazing, the procedure was quick, easy and painless. He was thorough and put me at easy. I have already recommended and will continue to referrer patients to him.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr Gottleib is very experienced in his field and explains the problems in a way you can understand. Office staff are great.
in Hialeah, FL |
The environment of the office was very pleasant and the staff was very well maner
in Hollywood, FL |
Outstanding. He is knowledgeable and experienced.
in Lauderdale By the Sea, FL |
One of the kindest warmest doctors I have ever met. Very thorough! Committed to excellence. One of a kind father-daughter team. I highly recommend both Dr. Gottlieb and his daughter Amy. There are my go to professionals for dermatology , laser hair removal, and cosmetic facial rejuvenation.
in Miami, FL |
Ask for appointment with doctor, instead got nurse practitioner. Waited 30 min past my appointment time to see nurse practitioner. Was told I would receive call regarding test results, never got the call, had to call myself. Invoiced incorrectly, unable to get bill processor on the phone, all I get is voicemail. .
in Hollywood, FL |
Caring doctor and Staff! The most complete skin exam I ever experienced has been in this office.
in Hollywood |
This is the best Dermatologist group. The father and daughter make an awesome team. Very kid friendly.
in Doe |
I?ve been going to see Dr. Gottlieb for a number of years. He?s found the best ?cure? for my acne. He?s knowledgeable, kind, funny, and truly cares for his patients. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Hollywood, FL |
My experience with Dr. Gottlieb and the whole Miramar Dermatology staff has always been excellent.
in Miami Lakes, FL |
EASY and PLEASANT! Obviously knows his trade. Apologized for being 15 behind. Gave me a way to reach him on any given day. Made sure all my questions were answered before he left the room. He reminded me that because of my age that I should also get a colon cancer screening. I just went in to have a few moles checked and I had the most thorough skin exam ever. Medicine like it should be!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
He's very patient and gentle you could honestly see that he cares for his patients.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is true skillful expert, he listen to my concerns and addressed them in an professional manner. Every time I have been to his office I leave with a great experience.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Jay is great, he explains everything and how to get in touch with him if I have questions. I trust him!
New York, NY |
Upfront with treatment and sets the right expectations.
in Miramar, FL |
My family and I have been using Miramar Dermatology for over a year now and continue to find Dr. Gottlieb and his staff extremely professional, personable and thorough. A very friendly environment and proactive in their approach to dermatology. We would highly recommend this team of professionals!
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
VERY poor service, all of office has bad attitudes. I was told one price for doctor visit on the phone and when I arrived I was told another price. Being that I was already in there I went through the doctor visit. The doctor treated (which was not successful) and I was scheduled for a return visit. I had a 9:30 appt, at 10 they asked me for cc info and demanded I pay the co pay before I saw the doctor?!? and told me it would be another 15 min. 45 min after appt ridiculous!! Will never go
Have you seen Dr. Jay S. Gottlieb, DO?
Are you Dr. Gottlieb?

Compare Dr. Gottlieb

Dr. Gottlieb says...

I practiced as a Board Certified Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified Dermatologist in the south Florida area since 1982.  There is no other profession that can give me the satisfaction that the practice of medicine provides.  Patient care is gratifying and humbling.  When patients refer their friends and their own family to me, it is the most gratifying feeling that I can get.  It is answers why I chose to practice medicine at an early age.  I am so grateful to the medical profession and to the thousands of patients that I treated in south Florida since arriving here in 1982.  I will continue to do what I enjoy most until I am unable to perform at the highest level possible.

Dr. Gottlieb's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gottlieb says...

I treat all conditions relating to the skin, hair and nails.  My Board Certification in Facial Plastic Surgery allows me to provide patients with the highest level of care within one office setting.  Although I not a board certified pediatric dermatologist, I enjoy treating children of all ages.  When a condition presents that requires the attention of a board certified pediatric dermatologist, I do not fail to make the referral.

Dr. Gottlieb says...

What is unique about our practice is that I am the only physician in Florida that is Board Certified in both Dermatology and Facial Plastic Surgery.  In most instances of treating skin cancers, this helps assure the best outcome possible.

Dr. Gottlieb says...

Dr. Gottlieb's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology

• Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Graduated in 1974

• Other Education
    Botsford General Hospital-Ent Facial Plastic Surgery

Completed in 1982

Dr. Gottlieb does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gottlieb and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology