Dr. Jay S. Gottlieb, DO

Dr. Jay S. Gottlieb, DO

Dermatology | Male

Miramar Dermatology 1951 SW 172nd Ave Ste 416, Miramar, FL 33029 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I practiced as a Board Certified Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified Dermatologist...

Dr. Gottlieb's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Gottlieb's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gottlieb

Dr. Gottlieb accepts 15 insurance carriers

15 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gottlieb has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Gottlieb

Dr. Gottlieb's Review Details
4.8 based on 228 responses
Experience with Dr. Gottlieb
Dr. Gottlieb's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (216)
in Dania Beach, FL |
Dr Gottlieb, Amy and Ashley are such a wonderful team. Highly skilled and so personable. I wish that all medical offices could be just like this one.
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was very friendly, knowledgeable, and explained exactly what was going to happen. I highly recommend him.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb has been our family's dermatologist for many years. His expertise and experience is commendable. His rapport with his patients and genuine interest in patient wellness is like no other. His staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb without hesitation.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is an amazing doctor. He explained the details of the procedure to my son which made my son feel comfortable and not nervous. All 3 of my children see him and we drive all the way from Miami. Worth the drive!
Miami, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was very thorough in his examination and provided me with a lot of good information.
Deerfield beach Florida |
Short wait, excellent service. Answered all questions. Very cordial.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is very personable and conversational during the appointment. Did a great job of explaining all aspects of the exam and how to take preventative measures to improve your outcomes.
in , FL |
I visited the office of Dr. Gottlieb today for my second pilar cyst removal . The professionalism of Dr. Gottlieb and his excellent staff is outstanding in every way. The procedure was fast and painless . I would highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb to family and friends for their dermatology needs .
in Miramar, FL |
Went to see Dr. Gottlieb this past week and he and his staff always make you feel like family. Very knowledge staff and as a doctor, you couldn't ask for more.
in Weston, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb takes the time to explain your condition and the available treatments so you can make an educated decision about your medical care.
Tampa, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Gottlieb due to his complete understanding and respect to his patients. He works with you very well and makes sure that you're in good hands.
in Hallandale Beach, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was amazing, the procedure was quick, easy and painless. He was thorough and put me at easy. I have already recommended and will continue to referrer patients to him.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr Gottleib is very experienced in his field and explains the problems in a way you can understand. Office staff are great.
in Hialeah, FL |
The environment of the office was very pleasant and the staff was very well maner
in Hollywood, FL |
Outstanding. He is knowledgeable and experienced.
in Lauderdale By the Sea, FL |
One of the kindest warmest doctors I have ever met. Very thorough! Committed to excellence. One of a kind father-daughter team. I highly recommend both Dr. Gottlieb and his daughter Amy. There are my go to professionals for dermatology , laser hair removal, and cosmetic facial rejuvenation.
in Miami, FL |
Ask for appointment with doctor, instead got nurse practitioner. Waited 30 min past my appointment time to see nurse practitioner. Was told I would receive call regarding test results, never got the call, had to call myself. Invoiced incorrectly, unable to get bill processor on the phone, all I get is voicemail. .
in Hollywood, FL |
Caring doctor and Staff! The most complete skin exam I ever experienced has been in this office.
in Hollywood |
This is the best Dermatologist group. The father and daughter make an awesome team. Very kid friendly.
in Doe |
I?ve been going to see Dr. Gottlieb for a number of years. He?s found the best ?cure? for my acne. He?s knowledgeable, kind, funny, and truly cares for his patients. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Hollywood, FL |
My experience with Dr. Gottlieb and the whole Miramar Dermatology staff has always been excellent.
in Miami Lakes, FL |
EASY and PLEASANT! Obviously knows his trade. Apologized for being 15 behind. Gave me a way to reach him on any given day. Made sure all my questions were answered before he left the room. He reminded me that because of my age that I should also get a colon cancer screening. I just went in to have a few moles checked and I had the most thorough skin exam ever. Medicine like it should be!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
He's very patient and gentle you could honestly see that he cares for his patients.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is true skillful expert, he listen to my concerns and addressed them in an professional manner. Every time I have been to his office I leave with a great experience.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Jay is great, he explains everything and how to get in touch with him if I have questions. I trust him!
New York, NY |
Upfront with treatment and sets the right expectations.
in Miramar, FL |
My family and I have been using Miramar Dermatology for over a year now and continue to find Dr. Gottlieb and his staff extremely professional, personable and thorough. A very friendly environment and proactive in their approach to dermatology. We would highly recommend this team of professionals!
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
VERY poor service, all of office has bad attitudes. I was told one price for doctor visit on the phone and when I arrived I was told another price. Being that I was already in there I went through the doctor visit. The doctor treated (which was not successful) and I was scheduled for a return visit. I had a 9:30 appt, at 10 they asked me for cc info and demanded I pay the co pay before I saw the doctor?!? and told me it would be another 15 min. 45 min after appt ridiculous!! Will never go
in Miramar, Fl |
I had a very good visit with Dr. Gottlieb.He always takes the time to explain and answers all my questions.
in Hollywood, FL |
Today I had an appointment with Dr. Gottlieb. I was very concerned about my issue. Dr. Gottlieb carefully listened to my concerns and after examining me I felt relieved. I was very happy to have chosen him for my dermatologist. He was courteous and professional and provided detailed answers to all of my questions I highly recommend him.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb worked a miracle on my sons wart that was not being treated properly with former dermatologist. He knew immediately how to treat it and after a few months is now completely gone. He is very thorough and explains his work in a way that you will understand it. I am so pleased with this entire office!
WARNING: Dr. Gottlieb and Amy are wonderful, however; I will NOT be returning to this practice. I felt so taken advantage of today. While being covered in network, I was charged $90.00 for my office visit at which point I thought I was done. I went in for my procedures and with no further explanation or request to consent to pay extra I was charged $258.57 for a biopsy to determine what is causing my sunspots. I was speechless. Seemed so fraudulent and unethical.
in Miramar, Florida |
Doctor Gottlieb is punctual and gives clear explanations of medical conditions and treatment options.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb really listens and explains concerns or any other issues. The tone of the entire office gives me a great level of comfort in the level of care that I receive.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Easy appointments, thorough exam, professional staff and very knowledgable Doctor.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb and his associates are very professional and take their time to make you feel comfortable. Today I had a skin cancer surgery and it was virtually painless. Dr. Gottlieb explained every step of the procedure and was very kind. I have been going there for years and would definitely recommend his practice to anyone who is in need of a dermatologist.
in Florida |
Dr. Gottlieb is always friendly and fun to talk to. He's very informative, and highly knowledgable. Would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Hollywood, Florida |
Wonderful Doctor, trust him with my life.
Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is very thorough, honest and pleasant to work with. I love this office and will return and recommend to anyone looking for a Dermatologist!
in Hollywood, FL |
I can't say enough about this doctor. Dr. Gottlieb is fantastic! He came in, and got right to it! He is very professional and listened, with empathy, to all of my scalp and nail issues. He took his time to answer my questions and made sure I thoroughly understood what his treatment plan was for me. He brought things into perspective as he reminded me of what I'd taken for granted---he is a real person who happens to be a doctor.
Hollywood, FL |
I have been a patient for the past year and have been very happy with Dr. Gottlieb and his office staff. They are very patient and professional.
in weston Florida |
Excellent and caring doctor. He is very caring and knowledable. I recommend him for all your dermatologist needs.
in Windermere, FL |
I was a patient of Dr. Gottlieb's for several years when I lived in Miramar. I have traveled back to him for treatment after moving out of the area as I have high regard and trust in his judgement and care. He performed an extensive skin cancer operation on my face several years ago that did not leave any scars. I highly recommend him and Amy Greenberg without reservation - just wished they were closer to me!
in davie, florida |
love him. he takes his time with you. I never feel like he is rushed to see the next patient. always ask do you have any questions for me, like he truly cares and wants you to understand everything you have just gone over.
in Miaramr, FL |
The doctor takes time in the exam, performs all the procedures carefully
in Hollywood, FL |
Everything was smooth with scheduling my appointment, checking in at the office, getting seen within a reasonable amount of time, and getting finished. Everyone was pleasant and I didn't feel like the doctor was rushing to finish up with me and move on to the next patient. I've been going here for many years and hve never been disappointed.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb performed surgery on me and he was extremely caring. He made sure that he explained the procedure step by step and his primary concern was that I felt comfortable, informed and that the procedure was done in a professional manner. I recommend this practice to anyone who wants a dermatologist who cares about the patient and that is knowledgeable in his field.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb has a charming and professional manner, and he knows his stuff! I came to his office because of a previous issue with melanoma, and have been exceedingly pleased with how they have handled my ongoing preventative care, so much so I will now start to see him for my cosmetic needs, too. I have worked with 4 other highly qualified and recommended skin care specialists, both in Miami and in LA, and Dr. Gottlieb and his staff have by far been the best. Highly recommended!
in Miramar, FL |
The absolute best office experience ever. I was referred by my primary doctor and he told me that this is the doctor that all of his family has used for dermatology. That was enough for me. The staff was very pleasant, caring and friendly. Dr. Gottlieb listened and cared about what me. Finally my issue has been resolved. I decided to write a review because of the great service.
Have you seen Dr. Gottlieb?
Are you Dr. Gottlieb? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Gottlieb

• Dermatology
  • Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Gottlieb's Board Certifications

• Dermatology
  • Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery

Dr. Gottlieb says..

I treat all conditions relating to the skin, hair and nails.  My Board Certification in Facial Plastic Surgery allows me to provide patients with the highest level of care within one office setting.  Although I not a board certified pediatric dermatologist, I enjoy treating children of all ages.  When a condition presents that requires the attention of a board certified pediatric dermatologist, I do not fail to make the referral.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Telogen Effluvium
  • Warts
  • Wrinkles

Dr. Gottlieb says..

What is unique about our practice is that I am the only physician in Florida that is Board Certified in both Dermatology and Facial Plastic Surgery.  In most instances of treating skin cancers, this helps assure the best outcome possible.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer

Botsford General Hospital-Ent Facial Plastic Surgery

Completed in 1982

• Daniel Koprince Award for Excellence, 1997

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Gottlieb does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gottlieb and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Gottlieb's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology and Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Gottlieb

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Gottlieb's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Gottlieb

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Gottlieb says...

I practiced as a Board Certified Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified Dermatologist in the south Florida area since 1982.  There is no other profession that can give me the satisfaction that the practice of medicine provides.  Patient care is gratifying and humbling.  When patients refer their friends and their own family to me, it is the most gratifying feeling that I can get.  It is answers why I chose to practice medicine at an early age.  I am so grateful to the medical profession and to the thousands of patients that I treated in south Florida since arriving here in 1982.  I will continue to do what I enjoy most until I am unable to perform at the highest level possible.

Dr. Gottlieb's Care Philosophy

Board Certified in Dermatology and Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery. Treat each patient as an individual and provide them with the same care I would provide to my own family member