Dr. Jay Gottlieb, DO

Dermatology | Male

Dr. Jay Gottlieb, DO
I practiced as a Board Certified Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified Dermatologist in the south Florida area since 1982. There is no other profession that can give me the satisfaction that the practice of medicine provides. Patient care is gratifying and humbling. When patients refer their friends and their own family to me, it is the most gratifying feeling that I can get. It is answers why I chose to practice medicine at an early age. I am so grateful to the medical profession and to the thousands of patients that I treated in south Florida since arriving here in 1982. I will continue to do what I enjoy most until I am unable to perform at the highest level possible.

Dr. Gottlieb's Care Philosophy

Board Certified in Dermatology and Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery. Treat each patient as an individual and provide them with the same care I would provide to my own family member

Dr. Gottlieb's Experience

See how Dr. Gottlieb's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gottlieb

Dr. Gottlieb accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Gottlieb is now accepting new patients
Miramar Dermatology-Advanced Dermatology & Cosmetic Surgery1951 SW 172nd Ave Ste 416
Miramar, FL 33029
(954) 447-3200Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gottlieb has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gottlieb's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gottlieb to family and friends
Dr. Gottlieb Says:

It is humbling and a privilege to have so many patients refer family, friends and coworkers to me for dermatology care.  There is no profession in my opinion that can be so gratifying on a daily basis.  I am so fortunate to be in the medical profession!

Dr. Gottlieb's Performance
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I had surgery today with Dr. Gottlieb for some skin cancer cells on my chest and collar bone. He was very thorough, made sure that I was not in any pain and explained every step as he was doing it. I told the nurse that I have an issue with band aids (they irritate my skin), so he used sterile strips that do not have to be removed until my stiches. He used paper tape and gauze to cover the wound. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Gottlieb and have recommended him to my family and friends.
in Hollywood, FL |
I was very impressed with Dr. Gottlieb. He had a great bedside manner and made me feel very comfortable, especially with the issue I was coming to him to have evaluated. He put my mind at ease despite the fact that he was running a biopsy on 2 growths and making me feel that if there is an issue it will be treated and I will be fine. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gottlieb.
in Hollywood, FL |
I have been seeing him for maybe 8 to 10 years. And with his treatments and advice, my skin is doing very well
in Weston, FL |
Totally amazing office and doctor!!! He was on time, friendly, concerned and helpful! I loved my visit. How weird is that---at a doctor's office!
in Pembroke Pines |
Dr. Gottlieb is excellent! I highly recommend him. He takes the time to explain everything in a language you can understand. One of the things I like the most is that he treats you with a holistic approach, which is very difficult to find today in other doctors. Dr. Gottlieb and all his staff show me empathy, and that is priceless for me. Thank you for helping all of us to live healthy and longer!
in Hollywood, FL |
BEST DERMATOLOGIST in South Florida. As a military family, we have moved around a lot (+15 times) and changed doctors ever time we transferred, and Dr Jay Gottlieb, Ashley Pardue and Amy Greenberg are the best, of the BEST. Dr Gottlieb and his staff are on the top of my list. They are professional, courteous, very attentive, always listen to your concerns and are willing to go the extra mile. I have highly recommended his practice to friends and military families in the area. --Clara I
in Miami Gardens, Florida |
Although this was my second visit to Dr. Gottlieb's office I feel very comfortable with him and his staff. He listened to my concerns regarding my medical issue and explained in detail the medical procedure he would be performing. He truly made me feel comfortable and at ease. He gave me detailed instructions on how to care for my stitches. He is definitely a Doctor I would recommend to others. Thank You Dr. Gottlieb.
Hollywood, FL |
My daughter has been seeing Dr. Gottlieb since she was 14 years old today she's 21 and still trust him as her dermatologist for all her skin care. She has eczema and when it flares up he always treats it promptly. Today she went to treat her hidradenitis suppurativa and immediately she felt so much better. Thank you Dr. Gottlieb!!
Miramar, Florida |
Dr. Gottlieb knew how to help my nervous & scared daughter overcome the fear of her (large) wart removal procedure. He did a great job at explaining what the steps would be and took the mystery out of the entire process. He numbed the area first, then used a topical anesthetic. Then he made sure she did not feel anything before proceeding to remove her wart. My daughter was shocked that it was quick and painless. Most important he was kind & gentle. Thank you for your years of experience.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is by far the most pleasant and caring doctor I have ever visited. He takes the time to answer my medical questions and clearly explains my condition and treatment options. He is thorough and is not rushing to leave the examination room. I am fortunate to have him as my Dermatologist and I highly recommend him. The office staff is courteous, efficient, and waiting times are minimal.
in Hialeah, FL |
Been going to his office for about 10 years. He is the best I have visited very, very good at his job.
in Miami, FL |
I saw Dr Gottileb and Dr Amy Greenberg on a few visits concerning rashes I had since 2007. I was treated several times by different doctors who incorrectly diagnosed the cause. Now I'm finally free from those plagues that made my life a miserable hell for years . I love those two doctored, they are two in a million. They are very thorough in the service they provide. They took time call me personally about my condition. Above all, they are extremely kind and humble. Shine on beautiful souls!
in Miramar |
Good doctor, patient, on time, listen to your concerns. Clean office, great staff.
Washington, DC |
Excellent bedside manner and explains everything.
Thank you for your kind words here!
in Hollywood, FL |
very professional and all the knowledge that you need to be confortable with a doctor.
Makes me feel great. Thank you!!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is a caring and compassionate doctor who takes the time to listen and advise. Even though I live an hour away from his office my experiences with him and his staff are worth my time to do it.
Makes me feel great. Thank you my friend!
in Miami, FL |
I had my yearly appointment with Dr. Gottlieb this week. I have to say it was like catching up with an old friend (I have been going to Dr. Gottlieb for years now). Dr. Gottlieb is friendly, professional and very through in his examination. He is one of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure to be a patient of. I look forward to seeing him and catching up on our lives next year. I am sure I will have a few more of lives barnacles to check when I do see him. He is the greatest.
Makes me feel great. Thank you!!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I feel very much at home when I visit Dr. Gottlieb. Staff is courteous and helpful. I have complete confidence in both Jay and Amy Gottlieb. John Belis
Makes me feel great. Thank you!! Made our day!
in Pembroke Pines |
Dr Gottlieb is the best. I always look forward to visiting him and think of him as a good friend also. He is very attentive and takes time to explain fully. Great disposition. My dad loves him also.
Makes me feel great my friend. Thank you!!
in Hollywood, FL |
Just had my first basal cell skin cancer removed. Dr. Gottlieb was great... clearly explained what the cancer is and what the process is to remove it. Was very reassuring throughout the procedure.
Makes me feel great! Thank you!
in Miami, FL |
I was beyond impressed with my experience at this doctor’s office. My first contact was with Jay and I was completely blown away by how helpful and kind he was and how fast he was at getting back to me! A lot of doctors don’t realize how important it is to have administration like Jay. The first point of contact is crucial! Now on to the appointment… my appointment ran on time, Dr Gottlieb was really knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable throughout all my appointments!
in Hollywood, FL |
Knowledgable doctor with great bedside manner. Very experienced.
in Hollywood, FL |
Great service and super nice doctor. My son received really great care from the Dr. Gottlieb and his daughter.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Gotlieb for several years as my dermatologist. He has worked hard to mitigate a lifetime of sun damage to my face which has included blue light treatments with excellent results. He has been dogged in his efforts and I will recommend him to anyone. He is thorough and personal in his technique and not rushed. His office is efficient and courteous.
North Miami Beach, FL |
Not only the best Dermatologist I have ever had but one of the best Doctors I have ever had for anything! I do not live in SE FL but will happily drive the eight hours to see Dr. Gottlieb. Dr. Gottlieb solved skin problems for me that other Doctors I have seen over three to 4 years could not solve or even diagnose. Highly recommend this Doctor if you have skin issues and if you have skin cancer or think you do, for sure see no other Doctor!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Very knowledgeable and answers all of your questions.
in Miramar, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Gottlieb for many years and consider him to be the best doctor I have ever had. Dr. Gottlieb is personable and sincere. I feel very comfortable and can discuss any issue. I highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb.
in Hollywood, FL |
He is very personable, knowledgeable and through! He has been my dermatologist for about 10 years. I highly recommend him!
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr Gottlieb is a very nice person and an excellent dermatologist, practical and straight to the point. I would recommend him without any problem to friends and other people.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is an outstanding physician. He is thorough, knowledgeable, caring, and has an empathetic attitude. He is also very responsive and easy to reach. His staff is extremely professional, helpful and very friendly. My family and I have been patients for a few years, and I recommend his services 100%!
Thank you Jose! It has been a pleasure getting to know you and your family and providing you with you dermatology care.
in Miramar |
Great Doctor, Great Approach and Professionalism.
Dr Gottlie was ''GREAT''
in Miramar, FL |
Dr.Gottlieb is a great doctor who makes you feel very comfortable when you are in his exam room. He has a great personality and is easy to talk to.
Hollywood, FL |
My sons had great experiences with Dr Gottlieb.
in Pembroke Pines |
Dr. Gottlieb is a very warm and caring doctor. Additionally he has a good sense of humor which is always nice in a doctor / patient relationship.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Jay and his entire staff are very kind, professional and thorough. During my recent skin cancer removal, Dr. Jay kept up a running commentary explaining what he was doing and answering all my questions all of which kept me calm and the procedure was done before I knew it. His follow up was excellent and you never leave the exam room until he's answered all your questions and he gives you a business card with information on how to reach him at any time.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I felt that Dr. Gottlieb took care of every concern in had and answered all my questions. I had a cyst on my chest that has been bothering me, he removed it and had it biopsied. I had no pain after the removal and i followed his very detailed directions on after care. I was also having alot of itching and stinging non my skin mostly arms, he told me to bathe with dove liquid soap and change my laundry soap to Tide or anything Freeof dyes and perfumes, i did that and i feel so much better.
in Hollywood, FL |
Very knowledgeable and great bedside manner!
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
From the first visit several years ago I felt at ease with Dr. Gottlieb. He is friendly and caring. I always feel that he does a very thorough check of me. He does not rush through, like some doctors seem to do. Dr. Gottlieb is there for you and your needs. He is excellent at finding and identifying problem areas. I highly recommend him, and his staff. All offices should strive to be like his; professional, caring and friendly.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr.Gottlieb is great. He is thorough and listens well. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a quality dermatologist.
in Miramar, FL |
Excellent bedside manner! We highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb!
in Hollywood, FL |
Excellent doctor. Very thorough evaluation and examination. He identified something early stage. Trust your doctor.
Dr. Gottlieb and his staff are very friendly, committed professionals. They understand a patient's issues, and take the time to evaluate/examine you on every visit. He cares for his patients. He is sincere and forthright in resolving any concerns a patient has. Dr. Gottlieb/Miramar Dermatology are highly recommended!
in Sunny Isles Beach, FL |
Excellent doctor + very personable.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is very knowledgable and takes his time to examine you thoroughly. He is very professional and makes the patient feel comfortable. Explains everything very well. Listens to my questions. He cares about his patients.
Lakeland, FL |
He was very thorough and he answered all my questions. It was a pleasant experience.
in Hollywood, FL |
My prior dermatologist would quickly glance over me at checkups. Dr Gottlieb gives a very thorough body exam.
in Miramar, FL |
This is my second visit to Dr. Gottlieb. I think he is excellent. Very personable. Always giving advice on care for your skin as he is conducting his examination. Also takes the time to listen to me and answer all of my questions.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Gottlieb for three years now. I only need a few words to describe his service, dedication, knowledge and work ethics; excellent, refreshing and rare. I Only wish there were many more doctors in general like Dr. Gottlieb.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb shared similar experience and well aware of the symptoms and treatment for my skin condition. His treatment plan, consisting of combination of medication has helped significantly with my condition. I have referred my friends to Dr. Gottlieb due to my trust in his judgement and practice. His office also offered discount program for qualifying insurance holders, which allowed significant saving in expensive prescriptions. He is the best Dr. I've seen thus far between NYC and Miami.
Have you seen Dr. Jay Gottlieb, DO?

Compare Dr. Gottlieb

Dr. Gottlieb says...

I practiced as a Board Certified Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified Dermatologist in the south Florida area since 1982.  There is no other profession that can give me the satisfaction that the practice of medicine provides.  Patient care is gratifying and humbling.  When patients refer their friends and their own family to me, it is the most gratifying feeling that I can get.  It is answers why I chose to practice medicine at an early age.  I am so grateful to the medical profession and to the thousands of patients that I treated in south Florida since arriving here in 1982.  I will continue to do what I enjoy most until I am unable to perform at the highest level possible.

Dr. Gottlieb's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gottlieb says...

I treat all conditions relating to the skin, hair and nails.  My Board Certification in Facial Plastic Surgery allows me to provide patients with the highest level of care within one office setting.  Although I not a board certified pediatric dermatologist, I enjoy treating children of all ages.  When a condition presents that requires the attention of a board certified pediatric dermatologist, I do not fail to make the referral.

Dr. Gottlieb says...

What is unique about our practice is that I am the only physician in Florida that is Board Certified in both Dermatology and Facial Plastic Surgery.  In most instances of treating skin cancers, this helps assure the best outcome possible.

Dr. Gottlieb says...

Dr. Gottlieb's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology

• Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Graduated in 1974

• Other Education
    Botsford General Hospital-Ent Facial Plastic Surgery

Completed in 1982

Dr. Gottlieb does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gottlieb and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology