Dr. Jay Gottlieb, DO

Dr. Jay Gottlieb, DO

Dermatology | Male

Board Certified in Dermatology and Board Certified in Facial Plastic Surgery. Treat each patient as an individual and provide them with the same care I would provide to my own family member

I practiced as a Board Certified Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified Dermatologist in the south Florida area since 1982. There is no other profession that can give me the satisfaction that the practice of medicine provides. Patient care is gratifying and humbling. When patients refer their friends and their own family to me, it is the most gratifying feeling that I can get. It is answers why I chose to practice medicine at an early age. I am so grateful to the medical profession and to the thousands of patients that I treated in south Florida since arriving here in 1982. I will continue to do what I enjoy most until I am unable to perform at the highest level possible.

Dr. Gottlieb's Experience

See how Dr. Gottlieb's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gottlieb

Dr. Gottlieb accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gottlieb has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gottlieb's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gottlieb to family and friends
Dr. Gottlieb Says:

It is humbling and a privilege to have so many patients refer family, friends and coworkers to me for dermatology care.  There is no profession in my opinion that can be so gratifying on a daily basis.  I am so fortunate to be in the medical profession!

Dr. Gottlieb's Performance
in Miramar |
Good doctor, patient, on time, listen to your concerns. Clean office, great staff.
Washington, DC |
Excellent bedside manner and explains everything.
Thank you for your kind words here!
in Hollywood, FL |
very professional and all the knowledge that you need to be confortable with a doctor.
Makes me feel great. Thank you!!
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is a caring and compassionate doctor who takes the time to listen and advise. Even though I live an hour away from his office my experiences with him and his staff are worth my time to do it.
Makes me feel great. Thank you my friend!
in Miami, FL |
I had my yearly appointment with Dr. Gottlieb this week. I have to say it was like catching up with an old friend (I have been going to Dr. Gottlieb for years now). Dr. Gottlieb is friendly, professional and very through in his examination. He is one of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure to be a patient of. I look forward to seeing him and catching up on our lives next year. I am sure I will have a few more of lives barnacles to check when I do see him. He is the greatest.
Makes me feel great. Thank you!!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I feel very much at home when I visit Dr. Gottlieb. Staff is courteous and helpful. I have complete confidence in both Jay and Amy Gottlieb. John Belis
Makes me feel great. Thank you!! Made our day!
in Pembroke Pines |
Dr Gottlieb is the best. I always look forward to visiting him and think of him as a good friend also. He is very attentive and takes time to explain fully. Great disposition. My dad loves him also.
Makes me feel great my friend. Thank you!!
in Hollywood, FL |
Just had my first basal cell skin cancer removed. Dr. Gottlieb was great... clearly explained what the cancer is and what the process is to remove it. Was very reassuring throughout the procedure.
Makes me feel great! Thank you!
in Miami, FL |
The best dermatologist ever!!
Awe, thank you!!
in Miami, FL |
I was beyond impressed with my experience at this doctor’s office. My first contact was with Jay and I was completely blown away by how helpful and kind he was and how fast he was at getting back to me! A lot of doctors don’t realize how important it is to have administration like Jay. The first point of contact is crucial! Now on to the appointment… my appointment ran on time, Dr Gottlieb was really knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable throughout all my appointments!
in Hollywood, FL |
Knowledgable doctor with great bedside manner. Very experienced.
in Hollywood, FL |
Great service and super nice doctor. My son received really great care from the Dr. Gottlieb and his daughter.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Gotlieb for several years as my dermatologist. He has worked hard to mitigate a lifetime of sun damage to my face which has included blue light treatments with excellent results. He has been dogged in his efforts and I will recommend him to anyone. He is thorough and personal in his technique and not rushed. His office is efficient and courteous.
North Miami Beach, FL |
Not only the best Dermatologist I have ever had but one of the best Doctors I have ever had for anything! I do not live in SE FL but will happily drive the eight hours to see Dr. Gottlieb. Dr. Gottlieb solved skin problems for me that other Doctors I have seen over three to 4 years could not solve or even diagnose. Highly recommend this Doctor if you have skin issues and if you have skin cancer or think you do, for sure see no other Doctor!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Very knowledgeable and answers all of your questions.
in Miramar, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Gottlieb for many years and consider him to be the best doctor I have ever had. Dr. Gottlieb is personable and sincere. I feel very comfortable and can discuss any issue. I highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb.
in Hollywood, FL |
He is very personable, knowledgeable and through! He has been my dermatologist for about 10 years. I highly recommend him!
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr Gottlieb is a very nice person and an excellent dermatologist, practical and straight to the point. I would recommend him without any problem to friends and other people.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is an outstanding physician. He is thorough, knowledgeable, caring, and has an empathetic attitude. He is also very responsive and easy to reach. His staff is extremely professional, helpful and very friendly. My family and I have been patients for a few years, and I recommend his services 100%!
Thank you Jose! It has been a pleasure getting to know you and your family and providing you with you dermatology care.
in Miramar |
Great Doctor, Great Approach and Professionalism.
Dr Gottlie was ''GREAT''
in Miramar, FL |
Dr.Gottlieb is a great doctor who makes you feel very comfortable when you are in his exam room. He has a great personality and is easy to talk to.
Hollywood, FL |
My sons had great experiences with Dr Gottlieb.
in Pembroke Pines |
Dr. Gottlieb is a very warm and caring doctor. Additionally he has a good sense of humor which is always nice in a doctor / patient relationship.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Jay and his entire staff are very kind, professional and thorough. During my recent skin cancer removal, Dr. Jay kept up a running commentary explaining what he was doing and answering all my questions all of which kept me calm and the procedure was done before I knew it. His follow up was excellent and you never leave the exam room until he's answered all your questions and he gives you a business card with information on how to reach him at any time.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I felt that Dr. Gottlieb took care of every concern in had and answered all my questions. I had a cyst on my chest that has been bothering me, he removed it and had it biopsied. I had no pain after the removal and i followed his very detailed directions on after care. I was also having alot of itching and stinging non my skin mostly arms, he told me to bathe with dove liquid soap and change my laundry soap to Tide or anything Freeof dyes and perfumes, i did that and i feel so much better.
in Hollywood, FL |
Very knowledgeable and great bedside manner!
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
From the first visit several years ago I felt at ease with Dr. Gottlieb. He is friendly and caring. I always feel that he does a very thorough check of me. He does not rush through, like some doctors seem to do. Dr. Gottlieb is there for you and your needs. He is excellent at finding and identifying problem areas. I highly recommend him, and his staff. All offices should strive to be like his; professional, caring and friendly.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr.Gottlieb is great. He is thorough and listens well. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a quality dermatologist.
in Miramar, FL |
Excellent bedside manner! We highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb!
in Hollywood, FL |
Excellent doctor. Very thorough evaluation and examination. He identified something early stage. Trust your doctor.
Dr. Gottlieb and his staff are very friendly, committed professionals. They understand a patient's issues, and take the time to evaluate/examine you on every visit. He cares for his patients. He is sincere and forthright in resolving any concerns a patient has. Dr. Gottlieb/Miramar Dermatology are highly recommended!
in Sunny Isles Beach, FL |
Excellent doctor + very personable.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is very knowledgable and takes his time to examine you thoroughly. He is very professional and makes the patient feel comfortable. Explains everything very well. Listens to my questions. He cares about his patients.
Lakeland, FL |
He was very thorough and he answered all my questions. It was a pleasant experience.
in Hollywood, FL |
My prior dermatologist would quickly glance over me at checkups. Dr Gottlieb gives a very thorough body exam.
in Miramar, FL |
This is my second visit to Dr. Gottlieb. I think he is excellent. Very personable. Always giving advice on care for your skin as he is conducting his examination. Also takes the time to listen to me and answer all of my questions.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Gottlieb for three years now. I only need a few words to describe his service, dedication, knowledge and work ethics; excellent, refreshing and rare. I Only wish there were many more doctors in general like Dr. Gottlieb.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb shared similar experience and well aware of the symptoms and treatment for my skin condition. His treatment plan, consisting of combination of medication has helped significantly with my condition. I have referred my friends to Dr. Gottlieb due to my trust in his judgement and practice. His office also offered discount program for qualifying insurance holders, which allowed significant saving in expensive prescriptions. He is the best Dr. I've seen thus far between NYC and Miami.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb has a very straight forward way of letting you know exactly what he is doing, seeing, and explaining what needs to be done. He also lets you know when nothing needs to be done and why. He is very personable and friendly. He has taken care of both myself and my wife. We are very comfortable with Dr.Gottlieb and I would highly reccomend him to my family and friends.
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was very professional and very thorough. I was so impressed with his care and attention to detail. I have highly recommended Dr Gottlieb to family and friends.
in Miramar,FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is the kindest, most caring physician I have ever known. I was tormented for 7 years with salivary glands that would swell and cause pain. I saw every specialist known to man, with no concrete diagnosis. On my first visit to see Dr Gottlieb for something COMPLETELY UNRELATED, he read my new patient history and asked if anyone had tested me for Sjogren's Syndrome. I had never heard of it. He gave me a lab request just to "rule it out". And wouldn't you know it, he was right!#caring
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is one the best dermatologists that I have ever met. He is very informative and takes note of the symptoms that his patient is exhibiting, while determining that best course of action. Highly recommend.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb did a great job with my surgery. I have had nothing but great experiences when dealing with hiim or his office.
in Dania Beach, FL |
Dr Gottlieb, Amy and Ashley are such a wonderful team. Highly skilled and so personable. I wish that all medical offices could be just like this one.
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was very friendly, knowledgeable, and explained exactly what was going to happen. I highly recommend him.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb has been our family's dermatologist for many years. His expertise and experience is commendable. His rapport with his patients and genuine interest in patient wellness is like no other. His staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb without hesitation.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb is an amazing doctor. He explained the details of the procedure to my son which made my son feel comfortable and not nervous. All 3 of my children see him and we drive all the way from Miami. Worth the drive!
Miami, FL |
Dr. Gottlieb was very thorough in his examination and provided me with a lot of good information.
Deerfield beach Florida |
Short wait, excellent service. Answered all questions. Very cordial.
Have you seen Dr. Jay Gottlieb, DO?

Compare Dr. Gottlieb

Dr. Gottlieb says...

I practiced as a Board Certified Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified Dermatologist in the south Florida area since 1982.  There is no other profession that can give me the satisfaction that the practice of medicine provides.  Patient care is gratifying and humbling.  When patients refer their friends and their own family to me, it is the most gratifying feeling that I can get.  It is answers why I chose to practice medicine at an early age.  I am so grateful to the medical profession and to the thousands of patients that I treated in south Florida since arriving here in 1982.  I will continue to do what I enjoy most until I am unable to perform at the highest level possible.

Dr. Gottlieb's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gottlieb says...

I treat all conditions relating to the skin, hair and nails.  My Board Certification in Facial Plastic Surgery allows me to provide patients with the highest level of care within one office setting.  Although I not a board certified pediatric dermatologist, I enjoy treating children of all ages.  When a condition presents that requires the attention of a board certified pediatric dermatologist, I do not fail to make the referral.

Dr. Gottlieb says...

What is unique about our practice is that I am the only physician in Florida that is Board Certified in both Dermatology and Facial Plastic Surgery.  In most instances of treating skin cancers, this helps assure the best outcome possible.

Dr. Gottlieb says...

Dr. Gottlieb's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology

• Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Graduated in 1974

• Other Education
    Botsford General Hospital-Ent Facial Plastic Surgery

Completed in 1982

Dr. Gottlieb does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gottlieb and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology