Dr. Jay Fawver, MD

Dr. Jay Fawver, MD

Geriatric Psychiatry | Male

6920 Pointe Inverness Way Fort Wayne, IN 46804 Get Directions

Dr. Jay Fawver, MD is a geriatric psychiatry doctor who practices in Fort Wayne, IN. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

Dr. Fawver's Experience

See how Dr. Fawver's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fawver

Dr. Fawver accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Fawver's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fawver to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Fawver's Performance
Ft Wayne, IN |
I have gone through about 8-12 medications none are able to control my anxiety and panic attacks and they keep trying to put me on medications that we previously tried. One more visit for me and I am officially done with their services.
New Haven, IN |
Dr. Fawver has lost his touch. He no longer listens or involves the patient in the decision-making process. Over the phone help is extinct. It is all about office visits. Wait time sometimes at an hour. He does have two great NPs.
Warsaw, IN |
I had awful experiences with a previous psychiatrist in the fort wayne area, including that psychiatrist leaving me as a patient (he was moving) and not offering any recommendations for further treatment. My family practitioner referred me to Dr. Fawver, and I'm so grateful she did. For the first time in years of treatment, they actually did a thorough evaluation. Dr. Fawver's staff is wonderful, caring, supportive, and they actually give options with treatment. I'm so thankful!
Garrett, IN |
Was referred to him by my counselor.. and called to try to make an appointment and the receptionist was just absolutely rude and wouldn't give us the time of day to even talk.. she made us seem dumb and made us feel like we didn't know what we were talking about.. so again terrible experience.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Fawvers for a little over a year now and this office is the best experience I have had with any doctor or staff. The first appointment is about 2 hours. You fill out a survey, are asked detailed questions, and then you meet with Dr. Fawver. The meeting with Fawver lasts about 20 minutes. He really listens, is nonjudgmental, and knows more about medicine than anyone I've met. Staff is great and truly caring. I can't recommend this office enough!
in Fort Wayne, IN |
I was referred to Dr. Fawver b/c I heard he was one of the best doctors for psychiatry in Ft. Wayne. My appt took almost 2hrs since it was my first appt. Dr. Fawver spent maybe 5 mins with me & then decided on a course of treatment. I didn't agree w/ the course of treatment set forth & asked what other options I had? I was told that what he decided was office policy & I was to do it or else. Needless to say I'm getting a second opinion. I don't like being backed into a corner.
in Fort wmWayne Indiana |
Dr. Fawver and Staff are the absolute best in the industry. They actually listened to my concerns (medication was not working, I felt worse), did a thorough assessment, and finally filled in the missing pieces that I desperately needed to get on track. Mental illness is no joke so it was very important to me to find out everything and map out a plan of success to manage every day life. I have a long way to go, but his honesty, professionalism, and education/experience led me to answers.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
awesome experience with Dr. Fawver, and his lovely staff. the doctor and nurses actually listen to your problems and had sympathy for my situation. gave my options for my treatment. Best doctor experience I've had in Fort Wayne. i highly recommend Dr. Fawver and will be staying with his office. Thank you kindly Dr. Fawver!
in Fort Wayne, Indiana |
He was the first Doctor to actually listen to me. I feel cared about by the staff. I would highly recommend his clinic to every person who is looking for help with any kind of depression, anxiety or any mental disorder.
Have you seen Dr. Jay Fawver, MD?
Are you Dr. Fawver?

Compare Dr. Fawver

Dr. Fawver's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Geriatric Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

• NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrist Award, 2000
    • Matters of the Mind with Dr. Jay Fawver, Since 1997

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fawver's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders

Indiana University Medical Center
    Purdue University / Main Campus
  • Other Education
    Purdue University School Of Pharmacy

Dr. Fawver does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fawver and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Geriatric Psychiatry