Dr. Javier Torrens, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Dr. Javier Torrens, MD

Dr. Javier Torrens, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Clinton, NJ. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Torrens is affiliated with Saint Luke's Warren Hospital and Hunterdon Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Torrens' Experience

See how Dr. Torrens' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Torrens

Dr. Torrens accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Torrens is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Torrens has admitting privileges.

Dr. Torrens' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Torrens to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Torrens' Performance
in Milford, NJ |
I have had Type 1 diabetes since 1956 and Dr. Torrens has been treating me for over 5 years now. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a good endocrinologist.
Really? Not sure who these people are talking about but he probably told them something they did not want to hear. Dr Torrens is very thorough, honest, and tells it to you like it is in a kind way. Yes- even if you do not want to hear it! It is a good thing. I was insisting and insisting that my condition was because my thyroid was not working - it turned out to be Lymes. He was correct. He is worth the wait.
Bridgewater, NJ |
I went to Dr. Torrens for several years in hopes that after building rapport his social skills would improve, but they didn't. I stayed bc he came recommended by a doctor I trust, but after consulting with others they recommend finding someone I felt more comfortable with. He diagnosed initial medical concerns for me but his follow up seems clumsy and misguided. He made some poor recommendations about weight; after consulting a nutritionist they felt his suggestions were dangerous.
in Milford, NJ |
I went to him after being diagnosed with a thyroid condition and it was the biggest mistake of my life. After having my thyroid removed, he took me off my synthroid for 5months a few months afterwards because my levels were "off". (YES this is what he told me to do). I have had nothing but problems with my body since. He also rushed through appointments and didn't really understand my condition. When my mother saw him, he refused to talk about her diabetes and thyroid in the same appointment
in Flemington, NJ |
Dr. Torrens is an excellent doctor. He is knowledgable and very helpful. I think the office is very busy, and he needs better office support. I rarely get through on the phone if I have a problem. It takes at least 2-3 months to get an appointment. The receptionist/staff seem stressed out and unfriendly on the phone.
in Flemington, NJ |
Dr. Torrens is the most thorough physician I have ever met. He treated my son for a chronic illness and left no stone unturned in finding the cause of his symptoms. He referred my son to another specialist and cared enough to keep in touch to ensure my son continued to receive the best possible care. Dr. Torrens gave an 18 year old his life back after so many doctors refused to take the time to care for a young man in constant pain.
Have you seen Dr. Javier Torrens, MD?
Are you Dr. Torrens?

Compare Dr. Torrens

Dr. Torrens' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Diabetes Insipidus
  • Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Diabetic Ketoacidosis
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Phosphorus Metabolism Disorders
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Boston University

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Torrens does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Torrens and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism