Dr. Javier Munoz, MD

Dr. Javier Munoz, MD

Hematology & OncologyMaleAge 42

Dr. Javier Munoz, MD is a Hematology & Oncology Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Munoz has more experience with Lymphatic System Disorders and Blood Cancers than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Munoz to book an appointment.

Mayo Clinic - Arizona

Visit Website
Phoenix - Cancer5777 E Mayo Blvd Phoenix, AZ 85054

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Munoz is affiliated with Mayo Clinic Hospital Phoenix, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Hematology Specialists at Mayo Clinic - Arizona

Dr. Munoz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Munoz

Dr. Munoz?
  • Office environment (61)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (59)
  • Explained conditions well (59)
  • Long wait times (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
My husband has been a patient for almost 2 years and we love him. He is the greatest Dr ever. My husband is in remission now but we will always want to be involved with Dr Munoz.
Jacinto Jay Morales – Jul 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr. Munoz was my oncologist through treatment for non-hodgkin's lymphoma. I can not say enough good things about his care. Dr. Munoz is the rare combination of being an expert in his field while being the most caring physician. When I could no longer endure the toll chemotherapy was taking on my body, he personally came down to the infusion center to talk and comprised a new plan going forward. His love of knowledge was invaluable as he clearly explained the disease and treatment to myself and family.
Loretta P Macri – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
In the most difficult time of life, having Dr. Munoz as my doctor was an incredible blessing. When other treatments failed, his advice, support, patience and obvious medical expertise saved my life. He was deeply involved in every step of treatment, and always there to answer our endless list of questions. Thank you for the opportunity to comment on this tremendous doctor.
John Kupiszewski in Litchfield Park, AZ – Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr. Munoz is very professional yet also kind and patient. I bring a 95 year old friend in for his appointments. Dr. Munoz always takes the time to listen to him and genuinely cares about his patients.
Apr 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr. Munoz is a very caring, compassionate Dr. who really cares about your well being. He gave me hope and encouragement that lymphoma was treatable and curable. I would highly recommend Dr. Munoz to friends and family. Thank-you Dr. Munoz
Janet in Prescott – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Being treated by Dr. Munoz was a real delight. Dr. Munoz is the epitome of a supreme health professional. He was extremely knowledgeable, caring and compassionate. I feel I very lucky to be on his hands and the outcome speaks by itself, my lymphoma is almost gone in less than 9 months. From the bottom of my heart...thank you Dr Munoz!
Jesus Samuel Romero Lopez in Mesa, AZ – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Nice and very calm Very gentle and very professional Never seen him in a bad mood He bring sunshine to the atmosphere . The staffs are very caring . He makes sure the questions are answered before he left the room . He always greet you when he come into the room and leave the room . He has really good bedside manner or maybe his parents taught him well . He is cool calm and collected . It would be nice if he is our god . We wish god or dr. Munoz can find a way to cure wahrenstrom disease.
Somnuk and son – Jan 04, 2018
We are glad to hear that you had an exceptional...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr. Munoz was exceedingly patient and willing to answer all of our questions, concerns, and fears. He is an excellent physician and a very caring doctor. He listened carefully and respectfully to our questions. He loves to draw pictures and diagrams to make things clearer.
Robert Bushaw in Mesa, AZ – Dec 15, 2017
Hi Robert, thank you for making us aware of this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr. Munoz is a dedicated medical professional who truly cares about the well-being of his patients. Dr. Munoz is my third oncologist, and as long as he is practicing and I am living in the Phoenix area, I plan to remain his patient. He is compassionate professional who always made me his number one priority during my appointment by not rushing our time together and providing hard copy materials that we reviewed together and then, I could also have it to review and reference later.
Larry in Phoenix, AZ – Oct 27, 2017
It's a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
After my surgery to remove cancer tumor, he spent time with my son and myself to explain what type of cancer it was and the treatment opinions in detail depending on what stage it was. He answered all of my son's questions about the hospital, the treatment options and alternatives .
Ed Heimiller in Mesa, AZ – Sep 08, 2017
Thank you for making us aware of this great...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
I am 100% satisfied with Dr. Munoz not only because of his awesome bedside manner but because he was so thorough in explaining my cancer and what he believed to be the protocol for curing my disease. I always came prepared to our meetings with all of my questions and concerns. Dr. Munoz treated me as though I was his only patient and was very courteous in answering all of my questions and concerns.
Susan Ortega in Phoenix, AZ – Apr 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
I started my treatment in Arizona primarily because ,after research,I felt confident with Dr Munoz. After completing my treatment it was totally the best decision. His knowledge and professionalism was outstanding and made me confident I made the best decision for me.
Pat Paulas in Gilbert, AZ – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Personable, knowledgeable and at the lead of his professsion in the area of his specialty.
gilbert, az – Mar 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr. Munoz always took the time to explain to me what he thought my condition was. He detailed the options and provided me choices. I felt respected and that I was participating the process of my own healing. I would not go to anyone else.
Peter Orlando in Gilbert, AZ – Mar 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr Munoz is the most amazing physician, from the first consultation, I knew he was the right doctor for me. I was diagnosed w/Lymphoma in 5/2016 and just recently completed my treatments & am in remission. The first consultation with him left me feeling confident & reassured that I was in the right place, he took his time & answered all of my concerns. His nurse Amanda is extremely compassionate & is always quick to respond to call or messages. Couldn't ask for a better team. Highly recommended!
Luz in Wellton, AZ – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr. Munoz has been caring for my uncle since December 2015 and he has just completed his 6 months of tx and has had very positive results. Dr. Munoz is an EXCELLENT communicator and does an exceptional job explaining the condition, treatment options and prognosis. He always takes the time needed to answer questions and makes you feel as he genuinely cares about your health and well being. I cannot say enough about the quality of care and attention that my uncle received from Dr. Munoz.
Kellie McBiles in Gilbert, AZ – Jun 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Munoz as a physician who has treated my Lymphoma for the past year. After 6 months of chemo treatments I am in remission and am feeling extremely well, considering not being able to walk when I started my treatments in May of last year. His prescription drugs for chemo were the latest available at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and I had complete faith in his treatments and was extremely impressed by his concern and commitment to my specific diagnosis.
Joan Wright in Yuma, Arizona – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?
Dr Munoz and the staff at MD Anderson are excellent. They were very kind, professional and thorough throughout my diagnosis and 6 months of treatment for Hodgkin Lymphoma. In addition, I am very glad to report that their treatment plan and care were effective and I am in full remission. I plan to continue seeing him periodically for followups over the next several years.
EB in Gilbert, AZ – Feb 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Munoz?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Frequently Treated by Dr. Munoz

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Munoz treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Munoz treats other conditions, please contact the office at (480) 702-3719.

Lymphatic System Disorders

Lymphatic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the lymphatic system, including lymphedema, lymphadenitis, and lymphangitis.Compare with other Lymphatic System Disorders specialists.

Dr. Munoz is experienced in the area of Lymphatic System Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 14 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Blood Cancers

Blood cancer specialists diagnose and treat cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma that affect the blood cells, bone marrow, or lymphatic system.Compare with other Blood Cancers specialists.

Dr. Munoz is experienced in the area of Blood Cancers. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

• Cancer Counseling
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chemotherapy
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • Graft vs Host Disease
  • Hematologic Disorder Treatment
  • Hematologic Problems
  • Hemophilia
  • Hemophilia A
  • Hepatobiliary Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large Cell, Anaplastic
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma
  • Plasmapheresis
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Vitamin B Deficiency

Dr. Munoz accepts

Dr. Munoz accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Arizona Medical Network
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Munoz specializes in treating lymphomas and he is the Director of the Lymphoma Program at Mayo Clinic in Arizona. He is triple board certified in Internal...Read more

• Hematology & Oncology