Experimental Hematology  |
Dr. Javier Munoz, MD
Dr. Javier Munoz, MD is an experimental hematology doctor who practices in Gilbert, AZ. He is 38 years old. Dr. Munoz is affiliated with Banner Gateway Medical Center.

2946 E Banner Gateway Dr

Gilbert, AZ 85234

• Arizona Medical Network
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Banner Health
  • Banner Physician Hospital Organization (BPHO)
  • Care 1st Health Plan
  • Fortified Provider Network
  • Gila River HealthCare
  • Health Net
  • HealthChoice

Learn about Dr. Munoz

Dr. Munoz specializes in treating lymphomas and he has been named Director of the Cancer Immunotherapy Program at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. He is triple board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology. Dr. Munoz completed an Investigational Cancer Therapeutics fellowship at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston before joining Banner MD Anderson. He is principal investigator in many lymphoma trials. Dr. Munoz's personal goal is drug development of non-chemotherapy targeted agents via novel clinical trials.

Dr. Munoz's Experience

Dr. Munoz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Experimental Hematology

• Lymphocytosis
  • Lymphoid Malignancies
  • Lymphoma
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma

• Hematologic Disorder Treatment
  • Intrathecal Chemotherapy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Plasmapheresis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• MD Anderson/U Tex
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Munoz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Munoz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Munoz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Munoz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Munoz to family and friends
Dr. Munoz's Performance
in Mesa, AZ |
After my surgery to remove cancer tumor, he spent time with my son and myself to explain what type of cancer it was and the treatment opinions in detail depending on what stage it was. He answered all of my son's questions about the hospital, the treatment options and alternatives .
Thank you for making us aware of this great doctor. At Banner Health, we know that great doctors are the key to helping patients and families have a positive experience in our facilities and we will be happy to share this with them. Thank you, Matthew
in Phoenix, AZ |
I am 100% satisfied with Dr. Munoz not only because of his awesome bedside manner but because he was so thorough in explaining my cancer and what he believed to be the protocol for curing my disease. I always came prepared to our meetings with all of my questions and concerns. Dr. Munoz treated me as though I was his only patient and was very courteous in answering all of my questions and concerns.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I started my treatment in Arizona primarily because ,after research,I felt confident with Dr Munoz. After completing my treatment it was totally the best decision. His knowledge and professionalism was outstanding and made me confident I made the best decision for me.
gilbert, az |
Personable, knowledgeable and at the lead of his professsion in the area of his specialty.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Munoz always took the time to explain to me what he thought my condition was. He detailed the options and provided me choices. I felt respected and that I was participating the process of my own healing. I would not go to anyone else.
in Wellton, AZ |
Dr Munoz is the most amazing physician, from the first consultation, I knew he was the right doctor for me. I was diagnosed w/Lymphoma in 5/2016 and just recently completed my treatments & am in remission. The first consultation with him left me feeling confident & reassured that I was in the right place, he took his time & answered all of my concerns. His nurse Amanda is extremely compassionate & is always quick to respond to call or messages. Couldn't ask for a better team. Highly recommended!
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Munoz has been caring for my uncle since December 2015 and he has just completed his 6 months of tx and has had very positive results. Dr. Munoz is an EXCELLENT communicator and does an exceptional job explaining the condition, treatment options and prognosis. He always takes the time needed to answer questions and makes you feel as he genuinely cares about your health and well being. I cannot say enough about the quality of care and attention that my uncle received from Dr. Munoz.
in Yuma, Arizona |
I highly recommend Dr. Munoz as a physician who has treated my Lymphoma for the past year. After 6 months of chemo treatments I am in remission and am feeling extremely well, considering not being able to walk when I started my treatments in May of last year. His prescription drugs for chemo were the latest available at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and I had complete faith in his treatments and was extremely impressed by his concern and commitment to my specific diagnosis.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr Munoz and the staff at MD Anderson are excellent. They were very kind, professional and thorough throughout my diagnosis and 6 months of treatment for Hodgkin Lymphoma. In addition, I am very glad to report that their treatment plan and care were effective and I am in full remission. I plan to continue seeing him periodically for followups over the next several years.
Have you seen Dr. Javier Munoz, MD?

See our Experimental Hematology Specialist at Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center

Visit Dr. Munoz

Dr. Munoz accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Banner Health
  • Banner Physician Hospital Organization (BPHO)
  • Care 1st Health Plan