Joint Reconstruction Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Javad Parvizi, MD
Dr. Parvizi is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and has been at the Rothman Institute since 2003. He specializes in the management of young patients with hip disorders such as dysplasia and femoracetabular impingement. He has performed over 1000 femoroacetabular osteoplasty procedures, 250 acetabular osteotomies, and over 3000 hip replacements in young adults and continues to lead the clinical research team at the Rothman Institute. His personal area of interest in research and clinical practice includes prevention and diagnosis of joint infection, joint preservation in adults, and prevention of thromboembolism following orthopedic procedures. He has published over 550 scientific articles and has written 18 text books in related subjects including a definitive book on THE HIP and also on THE KNEE. He has received numerous awards from various societies and has received funding for his research from the National Institute of Health, Department of Defense, Orthopedic Research and Education Foundation, Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation, Arthritis Foundation and numerous other funding bodies. Dr. Parvizi travels extensively across the globe to give lectures related to his area of expertise and has been given the honarary membership of numerous societies around the world. Dr. Parvizi is a native of Azerbaijan and lived there until the age of 16. He completed his medical school education in the United Kingdom. Following graduation from medical school he spent four years in surgical training that included cardiothocric surgery. Dr. Parvizi then traveled to the United States to spend two years at the Mayo Clinic to conduct research in identifying methods to regenerate cartilage and bone. After obtaining a Masters degree in molecular biology from the Mayo Clinic, Dr. Parvizi was offered a residency in orthopedic surgery at the Mayo Clinic. He completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the Mayo Clinic and traveled to Switzerland to do a fellowship in management of hip disorders in young adults. He spent time with Professor Ganz at the Inselspital, Berne in 2002. After completion of his fellowship, he joined the Rothman Institute.

925 Chestnut St Fl 5

• Keystone Health Plan East
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Parvizi

Dr. Parvizi's Experience

Dr. Parvizi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Reconstruction Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University of Sheffield
  • Royal College Of Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Berne
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Parvizi has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Parvizi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parvizi to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Parvizi's Performance
in Moscow, PA |
Dr. Parvizi was amazing. My hip was completely deteriorated and he took me in for surgery a week after my appointment. I'm five months post surgery and I feel better than ever! He has a wonderful bedside manner before and after.
in Wallingford, PA |
I could not be happier with the whole process of my total hip replacement. Dr. Parvizi is clearly an expert in the procedure, but he also was kind, caring and compassionate with me before, during and after my operation. He clearly explained the process and listened to my questions and concerns.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Parvizi is an extremely knowledgeable and personable surgeon.
Philadelphia, PA |
I think Rothman is the best. Dr. Parvizi is an outstanding doctor, and I feel lucky to be his patient.
Philadelphia, PA |
I always feel confident that I've had good care when I come here.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ |
He was on his BlackBerry through every appointment and would hardly stay in the room long enough for me to even comprehend what he was saying to me. He told me he couldn't do for me after several visits even though I was on crutches because my hip was popping out of the joint. He started dodging my calls finally just referred me WITHIN Rothman to do a surgery he could do. It was a horrible experience. I am actually thankful he didn't on me as I hear he dumps patients similarly after surgery.
Dear Patient, We would love to speak with you directly to gather more detail. If interested, please contact us 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute
Philadelphia, PA |
Office staff was friendly and accommodating.
Philadelphia, PA |
My hip surgery went very well. I trust Dr. Parvizi and all staff who helped me during the surgery. I only choose Rothman.
Philadelphia, PA |
Probably the best experience I've had with a medical provider.
Philadelphia, PA |
Everyone in the Rothman system has been professional, friendly, and helpful. It has been a great experience!
Bensalem, PA |
He is the best .I can not say enough about him .
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr Parvizi/Rothman Institute is excellent.
Philadelphia, PA |
I cannot say enough how great everyone associated with Rothman are. When I am in the office for appointments, I feel like I am the only person and the most important person there. :) !!!
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Parvizi was very accommodating from the beginning. I feel lucky to have him as my surgeon.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Parvizi understands my active lifestyle so that the therapy/treatment fits into my particular situation.
Great bedside manner and world class skills. His nurse is always available and I received top notch care and had perfect outcomes on a knee replacement
Philadelphia, PA |
Love my doctor! He listens and is very reassuring.
Philadelphia, PA |
16 - 30 minute wait time not intrusive because he spends a lot of time with his patients. Felt very welcoming as always - pleasant - everyone makes you feel like family. Best doctor ever - would highly recommend.
Philadelphia, PA |
Excellent outcome, care - the BEST! No problems. Dr. Parvizi and his team are dedicated to excellent care. I very highly recommend him to anyone!
Lebanon, PA |
I am a very active , fit 59 yo physician. Had first hip replacement in Harrisburg six years ago. Everything great , back to work in five weeks and doing Vinyasa yoga. Had THR at Rothman by Dr. Parvizi in November. He came highly recommended. But he must have let the intern practice on me. Nearly six months later I still have excruciating electric shocks down my thigh. He wasn't even in the office for my follow up visit and the one phone call from him demonstrated no concern or interest.
in Kingston, PA |
I was in constant pain and could hardly walk due to bad hips. Other doctors I consulted were pessimistic regarding how much activity I could resume after hip replacements. Dr. Parvizi was much more optimistic, and the results six months after Dr. Parvizi and his team at the Rothman Institute replaced my hips completely exceeded my expectations. I've been able to resume activities I haven't been able to do in 30 years. It's been life changing for me, I can walk, bike, golf and live life again.
New York, NY |
I am a practicing spine surgeon and have had the pleasure of seeing DrParvizi for a surgical consultation. I am a few weeks post surgery and so far all is going according to plan for an extremely challenging knee revision. His bedside manner is second to none and he is so thoughtful in his approach to patients. Having worked with so many he is by me considered the best of the best. A blessing to have foond him . Stewart Eidelson, md
in Devon, PA |
Had FAO surgeries and labral tear repairs on each hip. Right one was fairly successful. Had left side operated on few months later. Never healed properly. Despite my many calls, my PT's calls, - told it would just take time. No urgency, and felt my concerns and pain issues not considered. Had other opinions- Dr,'s wondered what he even did in initial surgeries.(barely shaved down any bone.) Left hangingfor 6 months by Dr,. his asst., and Rothman. Third surgery by another Dr.has saved me.
Ideal service and care
in Mickleton, NJ |
I feel fantastic after 4weeks post hip surgery.????
in Jupiter, fl |
6 months post hip replacementt I was unable to step down without pain, or extend my leg backward. My new hip was sliding around within th socket. Dr Parvisi just shrugged his shoulders and declared my procedure a failure. He told me to go home and come back in 6 months...not sure what miracle was supposed to happen. I learned hip placement was too high.and there is nerve damage. After 4 years of tests,MRIs, Pt, aqua therapy, shots, massage, laser, yoga, medication, orthotics, I still have pain.
Have you seen Dr. Javad Parvizi, MD?

Visit Dr. Parvizi