Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 71

Dr. Khokhar

Truxtun Psychiatric Medical Group Inc.

6001 Truxtun Ave Ste 160 Bakersfield, CA 93309

Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Bakersfield, CA and has over 45 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Khokhar has more experience with Psychotic Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Punjab Medical College, University Of Health Sciences Lahore medical school in 1976. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Khokhar to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Gross Negligence (3/23/2018)View details
No malpractice claims found for California

Frequently Treated by Dr. Khokhar

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Khokhar treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Khokhar treats other conditions, please contact the office at (661) 377-0439.

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Dr. Khokhar is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

• Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Khokhar accepts

Dr. Khokhar accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Khokhar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Khokhar

1.8

Dr. Khokhar?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (2)
  • Explained conditions well (2)
  • Listened & answered questions (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Appointment was rushed (5)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
My wife went to Dr. Khohar. for treatment. He over medicated her and when I tried to speak to him about it he berated me and verbally attacked me. Very unprofessional.
Nov 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD?
I had met Dr.khokhar over a year ago, I have been fighting with mental disorder all my life. I found his tactics to make me understand my disorder very helpful, he recommended medication for my symptoms but when I explained I want to try natural remedies he helped me find new mindfulness ways to take an approach to my situation.
ricardo – Apr 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD?
Dr. Khohar didn't take time to review my former medicine records. After I had been in an extremely difficult situation, he increased a medication that caused me to repeat myself continuously Un controllibly. My family are in the process of reporting a complaint with AMA state of California. I will never recommend him.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD?
I had never been to a psychiatrist before coming to Mr. Khokhar. My longest appointment lasted 15 minutes to take history, medications, And most importantly, to diagnose my mental condition! The last 4 appointments lasted about 5 minutes each. My appointment was yesterday and will be the LAST! While waiting to be called back, I could hear Mr. Khokhar shouting how the patient had ‘No Right’ to question his meds or treatment! Sorry but, patients have that right!
Ex-Patient in Bakersfield, CA – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD?
You want a doctor that you are able to comfortably openly be honest with right? Well Dr Khokhar laughed at me when I told him something very personal today. He also tries to over medicate when it's not necessary. I told him I had one bad day out of the whole month and he said he was going to up my medication. It's hard enough having mental illness and when your laughed at by a doctor that is supposed to act professional it really upsets me.
Lindsay Radmilovich in Bakersfield, CA – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Khokhar?

• Psychiatry

1976
Punjab Medical College, University Of Health Sciences Lahore

Is Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Khokhar's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Khokhar accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Khokhar frequently treats Psychotic Disorders. See all practice areas where Dr. Khokhar specializes.

Where is Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD's office located?

Dr. Khokhar's office is located at 6001 Truxtun Ave Ste 160, Bakersfield, CA 93309. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Khokhar has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Jaswant Khokhar, MD?

Truxtun Psychiatric Medical Group Inc.6001 Truxtun Ave Ste 160 Bakersfield, CA 93309