Dr. Jason Zagrodzky, MD

Dr. Jason Zagrodzky, MD

CardiologyMaleAge 56

Dr. Jason Zagrodzky, MD is a Cardiology Specialist in Austin, TX. Dr. Zagrodzky has more experience with Cardiac Electrical System Procedures, Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures, and Heart Conditions than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as St. David's Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Zagrodzky to book an appointment.

Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia

Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute4316 James Casey St Bldg C Ste 201 Austin, TX 78745

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Zagrodzky is affiliated with St. David's Medical Center Austin, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for cardiology.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award™ See hospitals

More Cardiology Specialists at St. David's Medical Center

Dr. Zagrodzky's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zagrodzky

Dr. Zagrodzky
Dr.Zagrodski is a great Doctor!He has a golden hands!Thanks to Him I can live my happy life!I'm so grateful to meet Him!Biggest Thank!
MILKA KOSTOVA – Oct 31, 2020
Excellent visit. We have a plan. The PA took time to explain all and conferred withDr Z.
Conreda Tande – Jun 28, 2020
I drove 2 1/2 hours for the appointment and saw the nurse practitioner instead of Dr. Zagradsky. She did a very good job but was unable to make the decision for an ablation. I was told I would receive a phone call from her on Monday. Wednesday afternoon the scheduler called me to set up the the procedure. I decided not to have the ablation due to the COVID-19 crisis
  • Long wait times
Susan Bond – Jun 19, 2020
I've been a patient of Dr. Zagrodsky's for about 4 years. The entire practice is amazing. I've never felt rushed with questions/explanations about procedures or care, and have had any phone calls and/or refills answered/filled and returned in a very timely manner.
Rhonda – Jun 02, 2020
My pulse was at +/- 104 per minute. I knew I had gone into A-Fib again. Dr. Zagrodzky was able to see me on the third day and confirmed the bad news. As always, the office staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Unlike previous times, along with the weakness, I was experiencing dizziness so Dr Zagrodzky scheduled an ablation for the following Thursday. His office set up the procedure at St. David's Medical Center. At 5:30 AM, when I arrived at St. David's, everything was ready. The hospital had all my information and I just had to sign the admission paperwork. The procedure started at 8:00 AM and I was released that afternoon at 4:30 PM. The procedure was a success and I am now feeling better than I have in a long time. I am most grateful for the outstanding manner in which Dr Zagrodzky, the staff in his office and all the personnel at ST. David's Medical Center took care of me. It could not have been more professional. I highly recommend Dr. Zagrodzky and his staff.
Henry Shrum – Apr 28, 2020
He's personable and professional. Most importantly, I trusted him to perform my cardiac ablations because I believe he is superbly qualified. If I ever need any further "electrical" work done, he will be my choice.
P. Bell-Lanford – Apr 26, 2020
Excellent cardiologist! Very clear communicator, thoughtful and good listener.
Mark Dreher – Jan 19, 2020
Excellent care and treatment. Certainly gave me confidence and recommendation to keep doing what what I’m doing. Great visit thanks. Mac Thompson
G Mac Thompson – Dec 12, 2019
I met Dr. Zagrodzky after learning I had Atrial Fibrillation from a message on my APPLE Watch.. Once I learned I needed an ablation from my cardiologist, I asked for Dr. Zagrodzky, who I had heard was the electrophysiological heart surgeon to see, even though he was in Austin, 100 miles away. Fortunately, Dr. Zagrodzky also visits Waco monthly so I first saw him there initially. The surgery was scheduled and at St. David’s South in Austin things could not have gone better. I was greeted after registration and by noon was in surgery. I met many nice people that day, was released around 6:00 pm and by 7:00 pm was enjoying a great fish dinner at a good restaurant in Austin. To say the surgery and my experience with Dr. Zagrodzky were successes and pleasure would be a major understatement. I am an older, 79 year-old, long-time veterinarian In Waco, Texas. Today I am back at the clinic working, working out, kayaking, hiking and enjoying life, so things went very well.
Harold Ray Emerson, D.V.M. – Nov 29, 2019
I love seeing Dr Z. He’s very upfront and doesn’t sugar coat things. I like that. And he’s a good person from what I’ve seen
Terry Carrier – Nov 25, 2019
Dr. "Z"is one of the finest cardiologist in the country. He performed an ablation on me 4 years ago, and absolutely no problems. I can highly recommend him and his associates for any heart related problems. Very knowledgeable and personable.
Larry Anderson – Oct 07, 2019
took care of actual heart problem
Oct 07, 2019
I have been a patient of Dr. Zagrodzky since 2015. He takes the time to listen to you and does whatever needs to be done to find out what the problem is with your heart and then does whatever needs to be done to correct it. He has done 2 Cardiac Catheter Ablation surgeries on me. The first one was in 2015 and the 2nd one was August 2019. I have been so much better after each one. He is the BEST Electrophysiologist in the State of Texas. He and his staff are amazing and always polite and available to answer any questions you may have. Dr. Zagrodzky really cares about his patients. I HIGHLY recommend him to my friends and to everyone. He is definitely the very best. He knows what he is doing and he does what is best for you. He is the most caring doctor that I have ever had.
Barbara Jean, Elm Mott, TX – Oct 06, 2019
Dr Z and his team went above and beyond to handle my heart issues. They were on time and very professional in all aspects of the appointments and hospital procedures. Highly recommend them for your heart concerns.
Jim Lingvai in Dripping Springs, TX – Oct 02, 2019
The staff and Dr Zagrodzky are the best I have ever seen. From the minute you walk in till you leave they are polite and friendly. Your health is getting first class care with this group
John Griffith – Sep 30, 2019
I was very fortunate to have had Dr. Zagrodzky recommended by a friend. Everything associated with his practice is Top Notch. The entire staff is well trained, efficient, professional, and caring. Dr. Z. makes you feel confident that you are in good hands which is so importation to patients facing medical procedures.
Nancy M. Gilbert – Sep 16, 2019
Dr Z is great. Takes time and answers question. Never in a hurry. The questions below are not clear on whether I am answering 5 or not. And I am answering the highest. This is a great doc and clinic.
Lana Zukoski – Sep 15, 2019
Been with Dr. Z for about 20 years. He is terrific and has kept me alive which is great.
Aug 31, 2019
Dr. Zagrodsky is a fine, well qualified doctor. He is easy to understand, and keeps you informed of procedures, etc. He has implanted my third defibulator, and done two laser ablations for AFIB. I am extremely satisfied with him as a doctor and a person. Would recommend him to anyone that needs his expertise.
Kenneth Ramsey – Aug 30, 2019
I don't remember if I have responded already or not. My visit with Dr. Zagrodzky was perhaps the most enjoyable doctor visit I have had. It was Highly informative with information beyond what I expected (beyond my own research). It was almost like talking with a friend. I remember thinking (past experiences).....Wow! He is missing out on a lot of money taking all this time with me! I have never had a stronger sense of feeling that a Doctor...cares! Not necessarily that he cares for ME, but more specifically that he cares about his profession, his patients, and about the high standards and principles he uses to guide his professionalism.
Tarik Saeed – Aug 26, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Zagrodzky?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Zagrodzky

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Zagrodzky treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Zagrodzky treats other conditions, please contact the office at (512) 807-3150.

Cardiac Electrical System Procedures

Electrophysiologists monitor, diagnose and treat abnormal heart rhythms through procedures such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and pacemaker insertionsCompare with other Cardiac Electrical System Procedures specialists.

Dr. Zagrodzky is experienced in the area of Cardiac Electrical System Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Electrocardiogram (EKG)
Cardioversion, Elective
Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair

Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures

Compare with other Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures specialists.

Dr. Zagrodzky is experienced in the area of Cardiac Implantable Device Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator

Heart Conditions

Compare with other Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Zagrodzky is experienced in the area of Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 34 conditions and procedures

Heart Disease
Supraventricular Tachycardia
Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
Sinus Bradycardia

Adult Congenital Heart Conditions

Adult congenital cardiac disorder specialists diagnose and treat heart disorders, such as arrythmias and mitral valve disease, that have been present from birth to adulthood.Compare with other Adult Congenital Heart Conditions specialists.

Dr. Zagrodzky is experienced in the area of Adult Congenital Heart Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 19 conditions and procedures

• Arrhythmias
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Atrial Septal Defect
  • Atrioventricular Septal Defect (AVSD)
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest Pain
  • Chest Pain Evaluation
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Palpitations
  • HeartAware Online Risk Screening
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Long QT Syndrome
  • Mitral Valve Prolapse
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Mobitz, Type 2, Heart Block
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nuclear Stress Testing
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
  • Pericarditis
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Pharmacologic Nuclear Stress Test
  • Tilt Table Testing
  • Treadmill Stress Test
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Septal Defect
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
  • Wolff-Parkinson-White Pattern

Dr. Zagrodzky accepts

Dr. Zagrodzky accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
HealthyBlue Advantage
Coventry Health Care
Preferred PPO
WellPoint

The heart is beautiful in its complexity, and I've devoted my entire career to the study and treatment of it. Successful treatment of heart arrhythmias...Read more

This physician is accepting telehealth visits. Two things have driven Dr. Jason Zagrodzky’s medical career – a fascination with electrophysiology and the...Read more

• Cardiology