Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Jason Tinley, MD
Dr. Jason C. Tinley graduated Magna Cum Laude from Presbyterian College with degrees in Biology, Chemistry, and Business Administration. He then attended the Medical College of Georgia on an academic scholarship where he was awarded his medical degree with honors. Afterwards he completed an orthopaedic residency at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth. Following his residency, he went onto complete the H.H. Bohlman Spinal Surgery Fellowship in Cleveland, Ohio, and was on the teaching staff for Case Western Reserve University and The Cleveland Clinic. In addition to his title as a board certified spine surgeon at the DFW Center for Spinal Disorders, Dr. Tinley also belongs to numerous medical associations. Dr. Tinley belong to the North American Spine Society, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Texas Orthopedic Association, American Medical Association, and the Texas Medical Association, and has been a speaker/presenter at most of these annual meetings. Dr. Tinley specializes in spine surgery, including spinal stenosis, cervical radiculopathy and myelopathy, minimally invasive cervical and lumbar spine surgery, cervical artificial disc replacement, and microdiscectomy.

DFW Center For Spinal Disorders

6900 Harris Pkwy Ste 310

Fort Worth, TX 76132

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthPartners

Learn about Dr. Tinley

Dr. Tinley specializes in spine surgery, including spinal stenosis, cervical radiculopathy and myelopathy, minimally invasive cervical and lumbar spine surgery, cervical artificial disc replacement, and microdiscectomy.

Dr. Tinley's Experience

Dr. Tinley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

• Complex Spine Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Disc Surgery
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laparoscopic Spine Surgery

• Case Western Reserve U/U Hosp Cleveland
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Cleveland Clin Spine Inst
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Tinley has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tinley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tinley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tinley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tinley to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Tinley's Performance
in Ft. Worth, TX |
Dr. Tinley did a minimally invasive procedure on my lower back in May 2017. I had been in pain for 12 years, excruciating pain constantly for 5 months. I have been faithful with his instructions to walk and take physical therapy. Within 2 weeks I was walking a mile/day. After 3 weeks I increased to 2 miles/day. Prior to surgery I had been under care of a spinal pain management doctor. I am now able to do home chores I haven't done for years.
Ft Worth, TX |
I had a collapsed c6-7 disc and needed and artificial disc replacement. Dr. Tinley was extremely thorough in explaining pros and cons of surgery. Surgery was a breeze was up and out the next day. Called me personally to check on me.
Irving, TX |
Dr. Tinley just performed disk replacement surgery on my C6-C7 yesterday. I have to say my experience with Dr. Tinley and his staff hve been a full 5 star experience! For those that complain about the wait, this doctor is well worth the wait ! ! I am so greatful i had Dr. Tinley as my surgeon! It's amazing how well i am doing! I truly pray God's blessing upon Dr. Tinley and his staff ! Thank you for giving myself back to me !
in Wills Point, TX |
The best orthopaedic/neurosurgeon I have used following a broken back in an aircraft accident in 1979. His willingness to see, evaluate, and treat patients who have been treated by other ortho/neurosurgeons is very helpful for patients with long term spinal injuries. Doctor Tinley is a humble family man and consummate professional that I recommend to all I know that have back problems. He has operated on me three times in the last 10 years with excellent results each time!
in Ft Worth, TX |
I had very good results from my surgery. I was very scared as I had extreme pain from a previous procedure with a well known dr. Dr Tinley found a leak in surgery that did not show up on
in Mineral Wells, Texas |
Dr. Tinley and his Staff are such caring , helpful people that going to his office is like visiting your favorite relatives. They definitely know their stuff and they never make you feel stupid & answer All of your questions But they also never Rush you. Dr. Tinley has done my back surgeries and I Personally don't think you could find a better Doctor or Staff to be treated by! I am so Thankful for to have found him. So if you need a surgeon of TOP QUALITY then this is where you need to go. Great
in North Richland Hills, TX |
I am very pleased in so many ways with my experience with Dr. Tinley and his staff. Very impressed with staff and his surgical skill. There are many good Doctors, but great ones are hard to find. Dr. Tinley is worth the time and investment. I travel some distance to his offices. I am very impressed with his procedure and at my recovery. His staff has been helpful and knowledgeable from the very beginning. I feel blessed to have been seen by him. Thank You
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Tinley is one who likes to teach patients about their condition and what can be done before anyone makes a decision. He is a great advocate for the best outcomes for his patients and is very down to earth during the office visits. I trust him.
in Burleson tx |
I went to Dr tinley for a year before he decided to do surgery. I had surgery and the only time he explained anything to me about what was going to happen was my last visit before the surgery. And then he didn't tell me everything. He told me they were going to replace the disk. Well I didn't know they put in screws and rods. And pulled bone marrow out of my hips. It was a failed surgery. I have since had a spinal stimulator put in and still in pain. Will never use him or refer anyone to him
I appreciate the opportunity to respond and I hear you. You acknowledge that I attempted for 1 year to avoid a surgical procedure. I explain to every patient w/ this specific problem that your chances are 60-80 percent of improving pain. The patient has a direct responsibility of increasing mobility and core strength. If done after surgery, you have an excellent chance of improving. The entirety of each procedure I've performed has been discussed at length with the patient a minimum of 3 times.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr Tinley got me immediately out of neck and arm pain exactly as described without having to fuse the disc. He took the time to explain the problem to me, show me my MRI, and give me all the options of what works and what may not. He guided me through trying medications and physical therapy first, and when this didn't work, we had a outpatient surgery to fix it! Wish I would've done it sooner!
in Dallas, TX |
Overall experience was very OK. We discussed my back surgery prior to, and then he decided to take a different approach. After surgery, my disc herniated again within a month, or as I was told "continued to leak out" - what dies that even mean? I'm managing OK, but the issue isn't resolved and I would not have agreed to the operation had I known that the procedure was going to change when I was under the knife.
Best to address this concern in general rather than this patient's complaint. To avoid re-herniation after a surgery you have to follow your post-op instructions. If you do not understand what I've explained, keep asking questions. I'll take as long as you need. Keep in mind this forum gives anyone the opportunity to post anything, true or not. Addicts, non-compliant patients, even a competitor can leave an anonymous review. I've never once had to "do more than originally planned" as insinuated.
Fort Worth, TX |
Not impressed. He spent all of 5 minutes talking to me. Minimal effort, no eye contact, spent more time complaining about patients who have had similar issues and why the issue exists. The off the cuff recommendation made the problem worse.
This is the opposite of my intentions as a spine surgeon. The reason I have had to cut the number of patients I see down and lengthen my clinic time is because I spend so long with my patients. My goal is to educate (not "complain", that's ridiculous) my patients on their condition, review and explain their imaging studies, discuss a plan for how to fix it, and give them their options and their prognosis (how they will likely do) with each option. Surgery is almost always the last option.
in Fort Worth TX |
Dr. Tinley is one of the best spinal Surgeon I know. He performed back surgery and fixed my problem. My back is stronger than before the surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Jason Tinley, MD?

Visit Dr. Tinley

Dr. Tinley accepts 23 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
    Blue Choice
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthPartners
  • HealthSmart
    Tricare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio