Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 42

Dr. Tarpley

Ucla Medical Center

710 Westwood Plz 1-240 Los Angeles, CA 90095

Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD is a neurology specialist in Los Angeles, CA. He specializes in neurology.

Dr. Tarpley's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Tarpley

Dr. Tarpley?
Dr. Tarpley's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD
Dr. Jason saved my sister from an 8" blood clot on her brain. I was scared when he first spoke with me and incredibly he made my nightmare settle down. He came to me after her successful operation and no words can tell you just how spectacular this man is. It's 3 months tomorrow and my sister and I saw him today and again this man all but stopped my sister's anxiety, along with every single question she had. She is so much more relieved with answers. My heart was super full seeing him again. I trusted him with my sister and he did exactly what he said he'd do on that horrible morning. We have love for a man we really do not know....there you have it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?
Dr. Tarpley is an expert on the cutting edge of Neuroscience. He assessed my husbands situation and recommended a Carotid Stenting. He explained everything in great detail and was extremely professional and patient. The surgery was a success and Dr. Tarpley’s follow up several times in the hospital was comforting. He went above and beyond by calling us at home and by telling us if we needed him to call him even though he was going on vacation within a few days. Dr. Tarpley is highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?
Dr Tarpley is a physician that is on the cutting edge of Neuro Science. He is such an amazing doctor and he is very patient and explains everything very well. I trust him with my life....because 4 weeks ago, he saved my life when I suffered a massive stroke. Thank you Dr. Tarpley
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?
The first time I met Dr Tarpley at the hospital was when I had an incidental finding of cerebral aneurysm in the ER. He is calm, relax, direct, reassuring and extremely knowledgeable. He knew that I am distressed by my diagnosis and took the necessary steps to address the issue. His whole team is very capable and accommodating. When I finally had the procedure I knew I was in the hands of one of the best in the field of neuro-interventional surgery. I call him a miracle worker and one of the coolest guys we have ever met. I cannot thank him enough for affording me as he says “ a new chapter in my life along with my husband and family.” Once again to Dr Jason Tarpley thank you for the gift of your talent and compassion. I strongly advocate for this great doctor to patients with neurovascular disorder.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?
Dr. Tarpley is an excellent doctor and specialist. He went out of his way to spend time with me to go over my condition, discuss treatment options and answer my questions. Rarely do you see a doctor that cares for his patients as much as Dr. Tarpley does. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Perhaps, most significantly, when another "top U.S. specialist" recommended that I undertake an intrusive procedure that could have been very dangerous, Dr. Tarpley stood his ground and convinced m
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?
Dr. Jason Tarpley was able to act swiftly (about 45 min of my arrival) and calmly when I was brought it with a stroke. He told me what he would do if I were his family, and that was very comforting. He also was very excited to meet and follow up with me to monitor my progress during my stay and after I was discharged. I highly recommend Dr. Tarpley, he is a very skilled Doctor proven by his performance of dexterously removing the blood clots in my brain, saving my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?
Dr. Tarpley is one of those gifted doctors that you have faith in the minute you meet him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?
I had a stroke and as horrible as that sounds I had the great good fortune that Dr. Tarpley was working in the hospital that I was taken to. He immediately did a procedure where a catheter was threaded through my groin and up into my brain where he retracted the blood clot. I am 100% recovered and have no deficits. Truly amazing. Dr. Tarpley explained in detail everything he was going to do to my family and myself and his follow up was excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?
Dr. Tarpley heads the Providence St. John’s Santa Monica Stroke Center, and he's an EXCELLENT physician. He's a brilliant thinker with an open attitude who is clearly highly regarded by colleagues and nurses. I've recovered from a stroke, and my experience was as positive as it could be because I felt strangely relaxed and confident in his knowledge and judgment. If one is in the unenviable position of experiencing a stroke or neurological issue, I hope you'll come under the care of Dr. Tarpley!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Tarpley, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tarpley?

• Neurology

Dr. Tarpley accepts

Dr. Tarpley accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield of California
Access Plus Savenet
Local Access Plus HMO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Tarpley's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Aortic Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Arterial Thrombosis
  • Budd-Chiari Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Effort Vein Thrombosis

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Stroke
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tarpley treats patients.

76% Patient experience rating, 7% higher than the national average