Dr. Jason E. Simon, MD

Dr. Jason E. Simon, MD

30 reviews

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 42 years old

We are here to take care of what matters most, you. Lahey Health offers access to board-certified specialists in nearly every medical specialty and more than 75 primary care practices in over 30 communities providing you with the full continuum of care, all close to home.Read more

St. Joseph Hospital/Lahey Orthopedics
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award

Dr. Simon is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Simon's Experience

See how Dr. Simon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Simon

Dr. Simon accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Simon has admitting privileges.

Dr. Simon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Simon to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Simon
Dr. Simon's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (27)
in Pomfret Center, CT |
My total shoulder is nearly 100% of range of motion from 30 years ago, which is saying quite a lot, since I shattered the shoulder then in a bicycle accident. But this review has to do with another injury dating from that accident. I needed pain help for another joint hurt then, and he found a doctor near my home, 2 hours from his office, that was as good at injections for pain as he himself is at orthopedic corrections. Wow. Changing my families life.
in Hudson, NH |
Dr. Simon is an amazing doctor and a genuine, caring person. He takes the time to truly listen and respond in words that we can understand. I felt confident with his diagnosis. He took the time to show me the x-rays and explain what was wrong with my knee and how he would correct my issue. I had knee surgery in December of 2016 and I had no worries about how my surgery would proceed. Follow up has been a breeze. He is just a likeable guy. Very relatable. I would definitely recommend him.
in Oxford, MA |
After seeing several doctors for my 13 year old daughters knee pain, we were referred to Dr. Simon in Worcester. He repaired my daughters meniscus tear in June 2015. After surgery she finally had no knee pain for months, unfortunately she fell down the stairs and re-tore her meniscus (HER fault for carrying a months worth of laundry). We had such a wonderful relationship with Dr. Simon, that we had him repair her knee again in Nashua. Amazing doctors are rare to find, we were lucky!
in Rutland, MA |
My first experience with Dr. Simon was with my daughter. She had gone misdiagnosed by two other providers before we saw Dr. Simon. He listened to my daughter and determined it was exertional compartment syndrome. He was able to do the surgery needed and she was able to return to her sport pain free. When I recently started with shoulder pain, I decided if I wanted the best treatment, it was worth my driving 1 1/2 hrs to see Dr. Simon. He takes his time and really listens.
in Worcester, ma |
Acl replacement surgery 1/2011 with donor ankle ligament graft. Surgery and recovery and P.T. went smoothly. About 2.5 years later, playing ultimate frisbee, upon landing after jumping yielded a full ACL tear and partial meniscus tear. In the intervening 2.5 years, I had had zero injuries or problems with that knee. I had the surgery again after with a different doctor. I'm not claiming this graft failure was necessarily Dr. Simon's fault; I'm just adding my experience as a data point.
in Holliston, MA |
Dr. Simon is an absolutely wonderful surgeon who really cares about his patients. I was very fortunate to have had him for my shoulder replacement surgery after a fall and a first surgery by another physician at another hospital that was unsuccessful. I have and will continue to recommend him to anyone who needs his help in the future. My husband attended all my visits with me and was also very impressed with Dr. Simon's professionalism and knowledge - not to mention his sense of humor!
in FREETOWN, MA |
After suffering a major pectoral tear in the gym, I had numerous doctors tell me the injury wasn’t repairable. I was referred to Dr Simon by a friend, who underwent surgery for the same type of injury with a 100% success. Dr Simon explained the procedure and recovery with me if I elected to do the surgery, which I did and 3 years later I'm back to 100%. And to think before I met with Dr Simon, I couldn't even hold my arm above my shoulder. THANK YOU DR SIMON A+++++
in Lancaster, MA |
Dr. Simon did a total reverse shoulder replacement on my husband. Not a common surgery. My husband is now free from pain and it works great. Dr. Simon explained everything and was very straight forward on what to expect. He is one amazing Dr. and if I ever need surgery I would never hesitate to go to him. I trust him 100% after seeing the job he did on my husband. He has a great bedside manner and makes you feel comfortable. He is caring and compassionate. Thank you Dr. Simon AAAAAAA+++++++
in Worcester, MA |
I had a hemi shoulder replacement at UMass in Worcester that was done wrong, I had almost no use of my left arm and the surgeon had told me that he did all he could. 2 second opinions at another hospital gave me a name of someone that could help me. Dr Simon operated in Feb of 2016, to clean the joint and in March 2016 to completely replace the entire joint with a reversal. Within days I had movement and the constant pain I was in was gone.
in Milford,NH |
My 12 year old son broke his arm right in time for summer ??. So he was a very unhappy camper going to put on a cast. As soon as we meet Dr. Simon my son was all smiles. Dr. Simon is a doctor that knows how to make anyone comfortable. He is very personable with all of his patients and you will definitely leave his office laughing and feeling so much better. The best doctor around.
Nashua, NH |
When I hit my suture site on the corner of a table ripping it open. Dr. Simon was quick to squeeze me in and help. He cleaned my suture site and applied proper bandaging. The following week he also willingly removed my sutures that my skin was rejecting. He was quick to help me in my time of need, very personable and caring.
Boylston, MA |
He is not to be trusted with any expectation that he is concerned about you as a whole person. He knew from the beginning that I am a diabetic. He had all my records, and I had two appointments with him in NH. Not once did he say that my blood glucose was a problem. Nothing changed in my medical profile and I was told I was all set at presurgery. The next day my surgery was canceled due to the claim that my A1c was too high. Don't take the chance. He doesn't even return phone calls.
in Holden, MA |
Top-notch physician and surgeon. Spends significant one-on-one time with patients, answering questions, explaining procedures, and ensuring patients are comfortable with and in agreement with treatment plan. Very personable and approachable. Impeccable standards with the utmost integrity. Phenomenal with teens.
Have you seen Dr. Jason E. Simon, MD?
Are you Dr. Simon?

Compare Dr. Simon

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Simon at St. Joseph Hospital/Lahey Orthopedics

Dr. Simon's Care Philosophy

Dr. Simon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Fracture
  • Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 2001

Montefiore Mc Albert Einstein Coll Med
    Montefiore Med Center
    Boston Med Center

Dr. Simon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Simon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy