Dr. Jason Simon, MD

Sports MedicineMaleAge 48

Sports Medicine

Dr. Jason Simon, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Newton, MA and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Tufts University School Of Medicine in 2001. He is affiliated with Newton - Wellesley Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jason Simon, MD

Newton-Wellesley Sports Medicine

2000 Washington St Newton, MA 02462

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital
    Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Simon treats your condition or procedure

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Sprain or Strain

Dr. Simon accepts

Dr. Simon accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans

Dr. Simon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Simon

He'd never seen this before
I found Dr. Simon after an accident -- my leg injuries were severe and unusual. My confidence in him was high after the initial consult, and even higher after he reviewed my diagnostic results and told me the surgical plan a few days later. Surgery came quickly, and oddly it was a surprisingly pleasant experience at the outpatient surgical center. I quickly moved from a walker to crutches, and within a few months was walking in a brace. Seven months later I'm walking without a limp or any pain and I consider it a minor miracle. Dr. Simon is a skilled, smart and empathetic doctor. That's a rare combination but it really helped me get the favorable outcome that we all want when we have any surgery. I'd highly recommend putting your trust in him.
Oct 14, 2022
Amazing doctor
Dr Simon listened to me, provided great care. From Injury to surgery to post surgical care. The best surgeon.
Oct 02, 2022
Great operation
Great operation, dr. Simon is both personable and an excellent surgeon.
Apr 21, 2022
Amazing care
Dr Simon repaired my rotator cuff and took amazing care to get it right. He took time (a lot of time) to explain all the details of the damage and the plan for the repair and to answer all of our questions. He personally called my wife after the surgery to let her know how things went. And the anesthesiologist called to check on me on Sunday night! Dr Simon and the rest of the staff at Newton Wellesley orthopedics are the best ever. Thank you!!
D Landry – Mar 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr. Simon repaired torn meniscus in my right knee. The entire process from start to finish was great. He explained the diagnosis clearly, worked with his team to schedule my surgery and performed the surgery when scheduled. Post surgery he called personally to follow up to see how I was doing. I felt great 2 days after surgery and had minimal scarring. He and his team exceeded my expectations in every way. I highly recommend Dr. Simon.
Mike Cleary – Sep 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr. Simon was awesome! Very professional, personable and funny. He definitely knows his craft. Unfortunately he moved from St. V's in Worcester and someone else took over giving me my cortisone injections. Now they tell me I need a knee replacement but when I reach my 60's. Not sure if I can wait that long, but I think I will be seeking Dr. Simon out for that.
Lisa – Aug 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr. Simon is wonderful, I saw him after a fracture, thru surgery and after care and always felt he was caring, competent, concerned and helpful. Listened to all my concerns and fears, never making me feel I was wasting his time. I had my surgery at newton wellesley hospital day surgery and was very pleased with their care also.
Caroline Kramer – May 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
As a 21 year old athlete, I was very nervous when I discovered leg pain. After a year of misdiagnoses, I finally found Dr. Simon. Within the first 5 minutes of my first visit, he recognized and diagnosed what had evaded several doctors before him. His character and confidence put me at ease, and he took (so much) time to explain every detail of the fasciotomy to me. He checked in with me before and after testing and surgery multiple times and responded to any questions I had almost immediately. This conscientiousness and genuine care Dr. Simon has, is unlike any doctor I’ve met or heard of. I would recommend Dr. Simon to strangers that pass me by on the street (if socially acceptable).
sarah walman – Apr 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
My experience was a perfect 5. I had a skiing accident that resulted in a separated shoulder a couple of small breaks and tears. He took a considerable amount of time to review my MRI, X-ray, and CT scan. He went over a few options and we mutually agreed on a strategy. He made sure that strategy was in line with my personal goals. I love to golf, water ski, and I am getting married 9/4/21. He was approachable had great bedside manner and is a surgeon that i would trust with my shoulder. The office staff was also great they booked quick appointments and always got back to me promptly. MY final comment is, I wish all doctors were like DR Simon. Bruce
bruce – Apr 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr. Simon (And Dr. Foster) are simply amazing human beings. I’m a 32yr old female, very active and exercise 5-6 days a week. I was upset when I hurt my shoulder last year and had to have what I was told was a very “routine” biceps tendonesis in Oct 2019. It didn’t go well at all & I complained for months post surgery that I was still in pain. I went to PT until April 2020, had 6 injections post surgery, with no relief. I ended up going to see Dr. Foster and Dr. Simon in June 2020 for a 2nd opinion After being referred from a family member. They were the most amazing, professional, and caring doctors I’ve seen in any type of medical setting. They just re-did my surgery in September 2020 and it went great. They worked very hard to fix my shoulder and they put up with lots of questions, crying, and concerns on my part! Newton wellesley Hospital was also great in general for surgery. From start to finish my experience was thankfully so much better and they really gave me the best care.
Kristen V. – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr. Simon is everything a doctor ought to be: he practices active listening, provides an accurate diagnosis and subsequently a healing plan that works - adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) on the mend in 2 visits! The icing on the cake: he has awesome people skills! Had I not met him, I would still be "dismissed" by others and in total agony today, looking more like a penguin than myself!
Nathalie – Sep 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr Simon is wonderful! He is caring ,smart,easy to talk with,patient,kind and understanding. He talks to you in normal terms and explains everything perfectly. I had shoulder surgery in January and he made it so easy. Dr Simon is always takes the time to answer all questions. I am back to normal with absolutely no pain. I would recommend Dr Simon again and again. He is the BEST!
SEN – May 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr Jason Simon is an excellent doctor. He is very kind and patient as he carefully explains everything and answers all questions thoroughly. I fell and severely fractured my right shoulder and Dr Simon took exceptional care of me. I had a very involved surgery to repair my shoulder with a plate and screws. Dr Simon did an amazing job putting my shoulder back together. He is a fantastic surgeon!! He basically has it all. He is an extremely talented orthopedic surgeon who really cares about his patients. To top this all off he is a really likable guy and he has a fun sense of humor as well. If I could give him more than 5 stars I would. I am really grateful for the top notch care I have received from Dr Simon.
Kathleen Looney RN – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Simon for several years starting when he was in Nashua, NH. I had long term shoulder pain and limitations due to surgery in 1971. Dr Simon started with the least invasive procedures. Medicine, then a Cortisone shot. When the procedures didn't endure, I decided on a shoulder replacement. By this time, Dr Simon had moved to Newton Wellesley Hospital. With the past outstanding care, I had the procedure done by him even though it was 50 miles away. Dr Simon kept me and my wife informed of all the possibilities. When I had the procedure done, he went and updated my wife personally in the waiting room. Dr Simon always expresses high knowledge and concern. The procedure was outstanding. With PT, I now have more range of motion than I have had in the 48+ years and no pain.
James Toland – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
I move Sr Simon. He has an awesome personality, he’s funn, but most importantly, makes you feel very comfortable!! He repaired my left knee a couple years ago and I have not had any problems ever since. I now need surgery on my right knee. I heard he left the office. I NEED to find him at his new location. The rest of his staff was friendly and helpful as well.
Alissa Frantz in Nashua, NH – Jan 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Phenomenal surgeon, professional, patient, personable and just perfect! Ruth in Nashua,NH Dec. 2018
Nashua, NH – Jan 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr. Simon has performed two surgeries for me. The 1st was a total replacement of my right shoulder. After a short session of PT I have full rotation with no pain or limitations. The 2nd was a rotator repair on my left shoulder. Same results. no limit to any movements. Dr. Simon is an amazing surgeon and a nice personable guy who you can talk to. Highly recommend him to all who ask who did my surgeries.
Richard Auen in Bellingham, MA – Dec 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
I had shoulder surgery Oct 2016, and Dr. Simon is by far the best orthopedic doctor I have ever met 10 stars from me!
Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Dr. Simon is an absolutely phenomenal physician! My 4 year old son (who has autism & is non-verbal) broke his leg back in May and was a patient of Dr. Simon’s. Dr. Simon is Empathetic, Compassionate, Respectful, Knowledgeable, and Thorough. He went above and beyond for my son (& myself) to ensure that he (we) felt comfortable. I couldn’t be more grateful to him and his awesome medical assistant, Ashley. :)
Beth Karr in Milford , NH – Oct 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?
Exceptional doctor. So caring, so knowledgeable and great bedside manner. St. Joseph's Hospital is very fortunate to have an orthopedic specialist like Dr. Simon.
LITCHFIELD – Apr 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Simon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Simon?