Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD

Dr. Shatkin
Telehealth services available

Physician Specialists of Northern Jersey

1 Sears Dr Paramus, NJ 07652

Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD is a Pulmonologist in Paramus, NJ and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Shatkin has more experience with Pulmonary Vascular Conditions, Sleep-disordered Breathing, and Obstructive Lung Disease than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with Valley Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shatkin to book an appointment.

Dr. Shatkin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shatkin

4.0

25.53191489361702%

Dr. Shatkin?
  • Office environment (40)
  • Appointment scheduling (36)
  • Explained conditions well (36)
  • Long wait times (28)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (11)
  • Appointment was rushed (10)
I had an appointment on Jan.13,2020 for a follow up visit for COPD. When I arrived at the doctors office I was informed that I had a $ 120 outstanding balance from 2019. As a retired CPA I keep close track of my medical expenses and insurance payments. Aetna had informed me that I had already met my annual out of pocket and owed nothing further. The biller from the office spoke to Dr. Shatkin who refused me service. It is clearly all about the money with him not the patients health. Aetna called the biller and informed her of her error. I have not received a call of apology or to schedule a new appointment as of March 30. If you read this I would carefully review any bill I get from this office.
S. Halper – Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Really empathic and great doctor. I have been seeing him for years and he is always so caring. I've had bad health problems in the past with a history of ovarian cancer at the age if 27 and 4 hernias and things like that so when it comes to sleeping well, it's important for my health. He has me on sleeping pills and I sleep enough that I feel alert the next day. That never happened before I saw him. Everybody on his staff is so nice and when you call up they knew you and you're not just a number or a name. They really know who you are when you're on the phone. I see him every few months because I'm on sleeping medicine and he is always so nice and just such a great doctor.
Dawn Schlesinger – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
I see Dr. Shatkin for multiple medical issues. When I see him I feel he gives me the attention I deserve. He takes the time to listen to my medical complaints, and thoroughly explains a plan of action. I genuinely believe he cares for the well being of his patients, and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a pulmonologist.
Brad in Upper Saddle River, NJ – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Dr. Shatkin changed my life and made me realize that I was on a destructive course with my weight gain & lousy physical condition. I cannot thank him enough.
Jim McDonough in Wyckoff, NJ – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Of all my doctors I love Dr. Shatkin the best. he is an excellent diagnostician I was told by my GP that I needed asleep apnea machine for my snoring and after being tested he said I didn’t He didn’t try to push one on me because I didn’t need it He’s always on top of the latest technology and medical information in his field and I wouldn’t go to anyone else but him for pulmonology
Bonnie Ford in Fair lawn NJ – May 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Part 3: I asked him if there was anything else we can look into, other testing, blood work etc. He said no, there's really nothing else we can do. Ill see you in a month. I left feeling like I did something wrong to make him angry with me. The reviews were good and he has been in New Jersey publications with positive accolades. I only write reviews when I feel passionate in a good way or a bad way. I hope this helps.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Great clinician with a terrific office and wonderful Nurse Practitioners. It was easy to schedule an appointment with Cindy, and the office is lovely. Everyone is friendly, and I always get someone on the phone if I need them. Dr. Shatkin was always there for me when I was in the hospital and he always gave me the time I needed. I couldn't recommend him more.
Ridgewood, NJ – Apr 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
It has been a very concerning experience regarding my family members treatment with this physician. While under his care in a nursing home and his pulmonary rehab our family member was met with several respiratory infections and had to be hospitalized in respiratory distress twice in less than one month. With such unsafe discharge under his care she was readmitted to the hospital after only 14 hours in respiratory distress, infections acquired in his pulmonary rehab as well as cardiac issues
Apr 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Dr. Shatkin listened to me and my concerns. Took me seriously and then set about to treat my condition to a successful end. He is very thorough, and reassuring. And takes a hands on approach. His staff is courteous and friendly
Rachel in Pomona, NY – Feb 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Dr. Shatkin saved my life, period. His accurate diagnosis and treatment could not have been better nor more professional. He is an outstanding doctor, the best I ever visited. In addition, his demeanor is great and reassuring, his staff excellent, and his office conveniently located with the newest equipment. I recommend him enthusiastically.
Philip Markowitz in Florham Park, NJ – Feb 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
I arrived in the doctor’s office on time (12/12/16 at 10:00 am) and shortly was brought in the examination room. The assistant measured blood pressure and ask me to wait for doctor that is coming soon. However I have been waiting for the doctor for 50 minutes!!! After that I went to reception where have been told that doctor is in the hospital (!!!). Hence, why they kept me in the examination room, while the doctor is not in the office at all?
Vitaly in Fair Lawn, NJ – Dec 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
I find Dr. Shatkin to be a very caring, compassionate and knowledgable physician. He has always been attentive and caring. I have been seeing him for Sleep and breathing problems for many years. He also has a beautiful office on top of that. His staff is great!
Eric S in Paramus, NJ – Dec 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
This guy is a joke. Several calls placed today to have medication questions answered for critically ill elderly woman. NO RETURN CALLS. Friendly staff who apologized profusely for his lack of action She is in pain and very uncomfortable and cannot be worked in for an appointment on top of that
Bronx, NY – Dec 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Great Staff and beautiful new office. Dr Shatkin and his group are the most conscientious and caring doctors I go to. He used to be in fair lawn, it was a shlep for me , but Paramus is much closer and next to the Paramus park mall. Very easy to get to from either route 17 or GSP. Dr Shatkin is a brilliant doctor who has helped me and my elderly mother. He is always the dr I ask for advice from . I highly recommend to all my friends.
Dave Sachs in Montebello, NY – Nov 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Great Doc. I've been with him for years. I had sleeping issues as well as breathing problems for years previous to seeing him. I went from dr to dr. Now I am so much better. He has a great staff.He's a wonderful and caring doctor whom I would definitely recommend!
Scott in Pomona, NY – Nov 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Shatkin since March for a multitude of issues. He has a background in internal medicine and for that reason was able to accurately diagnose my sleep disorder. He is always available when I email the office / call and he makes the time to see his patients in the office. I refer people with sleep related issues all the time. It is also remarkable how many people I know that have relatives who have seen him in Valley Hospital. He is extremely warm, compassionate and patient.
Wayne, NJ – Nov 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Saw my 88 year old father at Valley Hospital for 2 minutes...... No bedside manners!!!!!! Rude and arrogant - disgraceful! Would avoid him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ridgewood, NJ – Nov 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Was a patient for years while he was affiliated with a practice. Diagnosed a sleep disorder, assured me it was manageable, tried several drugs some of which were questionable,and then decided he couldn't help. Was not warned of the effects of sudden stop to my medication. Worst experience with a doctor I've ever had.
Jersey City, NJ – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
This is exactly the kind of practice he has gotten away from and now I know why. You are greeted with wonderful staff who I have known for years and smartly elected to leave old practice to come with Dr. Shatkin in Paramus. You always get live voice when you call and the doctor is spot on with therapy. Dr. Shatkin has for the 15 years I have known him, been caring, warm, gentle and always there for me. He takes a real interest in his patients and I have always been happy referring friends.
Michael R in Paramus NJ – May 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Will not talk to you on the phone, pushes you to make an appt to speak to him. I had just received blood work results and I wanted him to know about them as they could change my treatment or diagnosis Ordered inhalers without doing any testing.....very scary, did not have any confidence in him. What doctor doesn't want a pulmonary function baseline??
Unsatisified in Wayne, NJ – Apr 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shatkin?

To provide excellent care under a multidisciplinary arena.

• Critical Care Medicine