Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD

Critical Care Medicine | Male

Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD
Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD is a critical care medicine doctor who practices in Paramus, NJ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Shatkin is affiliated with Valley Hospital.

Dr. Shatkin's Care Philosophy

To provide excellent care under a multidisciplinary arena.

Dr. Shatkin's Experience

See how Dr. Shatkin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shatkin

Dr. Shatkin accepts 21 insurance carriers

Dr. Shatkin is now accepting new patients
Physician Specialists of Northern Jersey1 Sears Dr Ste 306
Paramus, NJ 07652
(201) 830-2287Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shatkin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shatkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shatkin to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Shatkin's Performance
Ridgewood, NJ |
Great clinician with a terrific office and wonderful Nurse Practitioners. It was easy to schedule an appointment with Cindy, and the office is lovely. Everyone is friendly, and I always get someone on the phone if I need them. Dr. Shatkin was always there for me when I was in the hospital and he always gave me the time I needed. I couldn't recommend him more.
It has been a very concerning experience regarding my family members treatment with this physician. While under his care in a nursing home and his pulmonary rehab our family member was met with several respiratory infections and had to be hospitalized in respiratory distress twice in less than one month. With such unsafe discharge under his care she was readmitted to the hospital after only 14 hours in respiratory distress, infections acquired in his pulmonary rehab as well as cardiac issues
in Pomona, NY |
Dr. Shatkin listened to me and my concerns. Took me seriously and then set about to treat my condition to a successful end. He is very thorough, and reassuring. And takes a hands on approach. His staff is courteous and friendly
in Florham Park, NJ |
Dr. Shatkin saved my life, period. His accurate diagnosis and treatment could not have been better nor more professional. He is an outstanding doctor, the best I ever visited. In addition, his demeanor is great and reassuring, his staff excellent, and his office conveniently located with the newest equipment. I recommend him enthusiastically.
in Fair Lawn, NJ |
I arrived in the doctor’s office on time (12/12/16 at 10:00 am) and shortly was brought in the examination room. The assistant measured blood pressure and ask me to wait for doctor that is coming soon. However I have been waiting for the doctor for 50 minutes!!! After that I went to reception where have been told that doctor is in the hospital (!!!). Hence, why they kept me in the examination room, while the doctor is not in the office at all?
in Paramus, NJ |
I find Dr. Shatkin to be a very caring, compassionate and knowledgable physician. He has always been attentive and caring. I have been seeing him for Sleep and breathing problems for many years. He also has a beautiful office on top of that. His staff is great!
Bronx, NY |
This guy is a joke. Several calls placed today to have medication questions answered for critically ill elderly woman. NO RETURN CALLS. Friendly staff who apologized profusely for his lack of action She is in pain and very uncomfortable and cannot be worked in for an appointment on top of that
in Montebello, NY |
Great Staff and beautiful new office. Dr Shatkin and his group are the most conscientious and caring doctors I go to. He used to be in fair lawn, it was a shlep for me , but Paramus is much closer and next to the Paramus park mall. Very easy to get to from either route 17 or GSP. Dr Shatkin is a brilliant doctor who has helped me and my elderly mother. He is always the dr I ask for advice from . I highly recommend to all my friends.
in Pomona, NY |
Great Doc. I've been with him for years. I had sleeping issues as well as breathing problems for years previous to seeing him. I went from dr to dr. Now I am so much better. He has a great staff.He's a wonderful and caring doctor whom I would definitely recommend!
Wayne, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Shatkin since March for a multitude of issues. He has a background in internal medicine and for that reason was able to accurately diagnose my sleep disorder. He is always available when I email the office / call and he makes the time to see his patients in the office. I refer people with sleep related issues all the time. It is also remarkable how many people I know that have relatives who have seen him in Valley Hospital. He is extremely warm, compassionate and patient.
Ridgewood, NJ |
Saw my 88 year old father at Valley Hospital for 2 minutes...... No bedside manners!!!!!! Rude and arrogant - disgraceful! Would avoid him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jersey City, NJ |
Was a patient for years while he was affiliated with a practice. Diagnosed a sleep disorder, assured me it was manageable, tried several drugs some of which were questionable,and then decided he couldn't help. Was not warned of the effects of sudden stop to my medication. Worst experience with a doctor I've ever had.
in Paramus NJ |
This is exactly the kind of practice he has gotten away from and now I know why. You are greeted with wonderful staff who I have known for years and smartly elected to leave old practice to come with Dr. Shatkin in Paramus. You always get live voice when you call and the doctor is spot on with therapy. Dr. Shatkin has for the 15 years I have known him, been caring, warm, gentle and always there for me. He takes a real interest in his patients and I have always been happy referring friends.
in Wayne, NJ |
Will not talk to you on the phone, pushes you to make an appt to speak to him. I had just received blood work results and I wanted him to know about them as they could change my treatment or diagnosis Ordered inhalers without doing any testing.....very scary, did not have any confidence in him. What doctor doesn't want a pulmonary function baseline??
Have you seen Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Are you Dr. Shatkin?

Compare Dr. Shatkin

Dr. Shatkin's Care Philosophy

To provide excellent care under a multidisciplinary arena.

Dr. Shatkin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Critical Care Medicine
    •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine

Dr. Shatkin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shatkin's Board Certifications

• Asthma
    • Bronchiectasis
    • Bronchiolitis
    • Bronchitis
    • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
    • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
    • Cough
    • Partial Lung Collapse
    • Pleural Effusion
    • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
    • Pneumonia
    • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
    • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

Nyu Med Center

Completed in 2001

Stony Brook SUNY

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Shatkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shatkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Critical Care Medicine
    • Pulmonology
    • Sleep Medicine

• Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
    • Bronchoscopy
    • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
    • Pulmonary Function Test