Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD

Critical Care Medicine ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Shatkin

Physician Specialists of Northern Jersey

1 Sears Dr Ste 306 Paramus, NJ 07652

Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD is a critical care medicine specialist in Paramus, NJ and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in 1995 and specializes in critical care medicine, pulmonary disease, and more.

Dr. Shatkin accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Shatkin has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(201) 830-2287Find providers who accept this insurance

• Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Lower Respiratory Infection
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Alkalosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asbestosis
  • Asthma
  • Bird Flu
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Bronchospasm
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Lung Nodule
  • Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Narcolepsy
  • Paracentesis
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombosis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • Wheezing

To provide excellent care under a multidisciplinary arena.

• Critical Care Medicine

4.0

Dr. Shatkin?
Dr. Shatkin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD
I see Dr. Shatkin for multiple medical issues. When I see him I feel he gives me the attention I deserve. He takes the time to listen to my medical complaints, and thoroughly explains a plan of action. I genuinely believe he cares for the well being of his patients, and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a pulmonologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Dr. Shatkin changed my life and made me realize that I was on a destructive course with my weight gain & lousy physical condition. I cannot thank him enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Of all my doctors I love Dr. Shatkin the best. he is an excellent diagnostician I was told by my GP that I needed asleep apnea machine for my snoring and after being tested he said I didn’t He didn’t try to push one on me because I didn’t need it He’s always on top of the latest technology and medical information in his field and I wouldn’t go to anyone else but him for pulmonology
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Part 3: I asked him if there was anything else we can look into, other testing, blood work etc. He said no, there's really nothing else we can do. Ill see you in a month. I left feeling like I did something wrong to make him angry with me. The reviews were good and he has been in New Jersey publications with positive accolades. I only write reviews when I feel passionate in a good way or a bad way. I hope this helps.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Great clinician with a terrific office and wonderful Nurse Practitioners. It was easy to schedule an appointment with Cindy, and the office is lovely. Everyone is friendly, and I always get someone on the phone if I need them. Dr. Shatkin was always there for me when I was in the hospital and he always gave me the time I needed. I couldn't recommend him more.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
It has been a very concerning experience regarding my family members treatment with this physician. While under his care in a nursing home and his pulmonary rehab our family member was met with several respiratory infections and had to be hospitalized in respiratory distress twice in less than one month. With such unsafe discharge under his care she was readmitted to the hospital after only 14 hours in respiratory distress, infections acquired in his pulmonary rehab as well as cardiac issues
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Dr. Shatkin listened to me and my concerns. Took me seriously and then set about to treat my condition to a successful end. He is very thorough, and reassuring. And takes a hands on approach. His staff is courteous and friendly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Dr. Shatkin saved my life, period. His accurate diagnosis and treatment could not have been better nor more professional. He is an outstanding doctor, the best I ever visited. In addition, his demeanor is great and reassuring, his staff excellent, and his office conveniently located with the newest equipment. I recommend him enthusiastically.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
I arrived in the doctor’s office on time (12/12/16 at 10:00 am) and shortly was brought in the examination room. The assistant measured blood pressure and ask me to wait for doctor that is coming soon. However I have been waiting for the doctor for 50 minutes!!! After that I went to reception where have been told that doctor is in the hospital (!!!). Hence, why they kept me in the examination room, while the doctor is not in the office at all?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
I find Dr. Shatkin to be a very caring, compassionate and knowledgable physician. He has always been attentive and caring. I have been seeing him for Sleep and breathing problems for many years. He also has a beautiful office on top of that. His staff is great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
This guy is a joke. Several calls placed today to have medication questions answered for critically ill elderly woman. NO RETURN CALLS. Friendly staff who apologized profusely for his lack of action She is in pain and very uncomfortable and cannot be worked in for an appointment on top of that
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Great Staff and beautiful new office. Dr Shatkin and his group are the most conscientious and caring doctors I go to. He used to be in fair lawn, it was a shlep for me , but Paramus is much closer and next to the Paramus park mall. Very easy to get to from either route 17 or GSP. Dr Shatkin is a brilliant doctor who has helped me and my elderly mother. He is always the dr I ask for advice from . I highly recommend to all my friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Great Doc. I've been with him for years. I had sleeping issues as well as breathing problems for years previous to seeing him. I went from dr to dr. Now I am so much better. He has a great staff.He's a wonderful and caring doctor whom I would definitely recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Shatkin since March for a multitude of issues. He has a background in internal medicine and for that reason was able to accurately diagnose my sleep disorder. He is always available when I email the office / call and he makes the time to see his patients in the office. I refer people with sleep related issues all the time. It is also remarkable how many people I know that have relatives who have seen him in Valley Hospital. He is extremely warm, compassionate and patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Saw my 88 year old father at Valley Hospital for 2 minutes...... No bedside manners!!!!!! Rude and arrogant - disgraceful! Would avoid him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Was a patient for years while he was affiliated with a practice. Diagnosed a sleep disorder, assured me it was manageable, tried several drugs some of which were questionable,and then decided he couldn't help. Was not warned of the effects of sudden stop to my medication. Worst experience with a doctor I've ever had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
This is exactly the kind of practice he has gotten away from and now I know why. You are greeted with wonderful staff who I have known for years and smartly elected to leave old practice to come with Dr. Shatkin in Paramus. You always get live voice when you call and the doctor is spot on with therapy. Dr. Shatkin has for the 15 years I have known him, been caring, warm, gentle and always there for me. He takes a real interest in his patients and I have always been happy referring friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?
Will not talk to you on the phone, pushes you to make an appt to speak to him. I had just received blood work results and I wanted him to know about them as they could change my treatment or diagnosis Ordered inhalers without doing any testing.....very scary, did not have any confidence in him. What doctor doesn't want a pulmonary function baseline??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Shatkin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shatkin?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Shatkin treats patients.

Valley Hospital