Dr. Jason Sciarretta, MD

Dr. Jason Sciarretta, MD

General Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Jason Sciarretta, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Myrtle Beach, SC. He has been practicing for 12 years.

Learn about Dr. Sciarretta

See how frequently Dr. Sciarretta performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
Incisional Hernia
Inguinal Hernia

Dr. Sciarretta's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Sciarretta "We strive to provide a high level of surgical care for trauma patients in the Coastal Carolina region and surrounding communities. All our surgical specialists, including our specially trained trauma and general surgeons must be available 24/7 for patient trauma care at Grand Strand Medical Center."

• General Surgery

• Anorectal Abscess
  • Appendicitis
  • Biliary Atresia
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Liver Cancer
  • Lung Cancer
  • Mesenteric Lymphadenitis
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Rib Fracture

• Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
  • Gastrectomy
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparotomy
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Splenectomy
  • Splenectomy and Splenorrhaphy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Nova Southeastern University
  • University Of Louisville Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Jackson Memorial Hospital/Ryder Trauma Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Sciarretta has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sciarretta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sciarretta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Grand Strand Health – Grand Strand Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Sciarretta is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Sciarretta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sciarretta to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Sciarretta's Performance
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I have been under the care of Dr Jason Sciarretta since April 2017 with a serious infection in my foot With his wonderful knowledge, surgical skills and deep care and compassion, what looked like the possibility of losing my foot has turned into saving and healing my foot. He has kept my family informed and always showed great compassion for them. I would strongly recommend Dr. Sciarretta for any surgical needs. I thank the Lord that he was on call the day I arrived at the hospital.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I really dont know where to start!!!! First of all let me just say I am 66 years old and I am scared to death of doctors. But I had to have emergency surgery to removed my appendix. Dr. Jason Sciarretta just happened to be given my case and I know God chose him for me. I have never had such a compassionate, caring doctor. Dr. Jason made me feel like I was his only patient and he went above the call of duty to put me at ease. I would highly recommend Dr.Jason if you want a doctor that cares.
in Calabash, NC |
Absolutely pleased with the care of Dr. S and the courtesy of his staff. We were really in a bad spot in my hubby's care when we finally found Dr. S. I'm an RN and I'm 100% confident in him. The quality of his care, the extent of his knowledge and the RESPECT he gave us was beyond what I expected. We were pretty beat up by the time we got to him and we are once again lifted with hope and encouragement.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
i don't normally write reviews but felt Dr Sciarretta deserved some extra recognition. I have a complex health history and surgical history, so most Drs are not comfortable working on me. Dr Sciarretta approached my case with confidence but was also honest about the possible risks. He took his time answering all of my many questions. I never felt rushed. I could tell he truly cares and loves his job. There's not one negative thing I could say about his care. Thank you from the bottom of my heart
Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Sciarretta with us! We appreciate the kind words.
in Surfside Beach, SC |
I love Dr Sciarretta, he seems so knowledgeable, caring, and boomes with self-confidence. I have a card I carry in my purse that says I only want him as a trauma surgeon in an emergency. if there is any wait time it's understandable, because trauma surgeons have emergencies
Have you seen Dr. Jason Sciarretta, MD?

Visit Dr. Sciarretta

Hospitals where Dr. Sciarretta has admitting privileges

Grand Strand Health – Grand Strand Medical Center
809 82nd Pkwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Sciarretta at Grand Strand Surgical Specialists

General Surgery Specialist