Dr. Jason Saillant, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery ·  Male · Age 37

Dr. Saillant

Orthopedics New England

2000 Washington St Ste 322 Newton, MA 02462

Dr. Jason Saillant, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery specialist in Newton, MA. He graduated from Tufts University and specializes in orthopedic hand surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Saillant accepts

Dr. Saillant accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Simply Healthcare Plans
Staywell (Wellcare)
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Saillant's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Saillant's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open

Dr. Saillant performs Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Saillant performs this procedure more than 98% of his peers

Broken Arm

Dr. Saillant treats Broken Arm more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Saillant treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Clavicle Fracture

• Elbow Surgery
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Hand Pain
  • Hand Surgery
  • Hip Replacement
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Wrist Injuries
  • Wrist Pain
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

"I have completed a long track of education so that I can be comfortable with the diagnosis and treatment of upper extremity problems. At this point, my primary goal in treatment discussion is to integrate each person's pathology with who the patient...

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Dr. Saillant?
Dr. Saillant's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jason Saillant, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Excellent physician. I’m a PT and appreciated his honesty, his reference to the literature and clear options. I wouldn’t go anywhere else for a hand or elbow injury. (I will add the nurses and anesthesiologists liked him as well, which says a lot!) Back to crossfit and work pain free. His assistant Shelley was great as well. Always timely and helpful with paperwork and follow up! I would send all my patients to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Saillant after I broke my humerus. I was able to see him promptly and he recommended I wait a bit and see if my injury healed in a brace, without surgery. He carefully explained my condition and we made a plan that made the best sense for me. My break did not heal as we had hoped and I eventually had surgery. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Saillant. Throughout my care, he explained things carefully and gave me tremendous confidence when I decided to have surgery. I am now 4 weeks post op and getting back to a regular routine. I am indebted to Dr. Saillant and his fabulous assistant, Shelley, for taking such extraordinary care of me. I don't think I could have found a better surgeon or caring doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I first saw him Dr. Saillant in 2018. We met as a follow up to an injury I sustained on my left arm. He was instrumental in helping me deal with the injury and rehab. I was put at ease by his professional and overwhelming knowledge and care. I later brought him an issue with my right arm. His diagnosis was perfect. He operated and repaired the arm and ulnar nerve, And I am free from pain and discomfort. I now have a top-notch surgeon on my team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I can't say enough about the care that my 18 year old son received from Dr. Saillant, his staff and Metro West Medical Center. After seeing three different orthopedic surgeons at a children's major medical center in Boston, we were both relieved and extremely grateful to find Dr. Saillant. He took the time to diagnose and treat his fractures. He met with my son before and after the surgeries, diligently monitoring his recovery. The epitome of excellence without arrogance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I have been a physician for decades, and have experienced dozens of orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Saillant is NUMBER 1. I selected him for my emergency hand surgery for tendon rupture, because I had previous experience with him and was aware of his extraordinary skill, as well as his kind and comforting manner. He does indeed care deeply who the patient is and how affected his or her life is Follow ups has been outstanding. His caring manner is therapeutic in itself. - more-but out of space allowed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant called me the morning after my accident and made me feel like someone cared and wanted to help me. He operated two days after my injury and he been fantastic since.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Great bed side manor. Describes everything to you. Is very thorough. He is very caring. I would highly recommend him to any one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant combines surgical expertise and superior medical knowledge with a wonderful "bedside manner", which is a rare combination ! A visit to his office actually becomes an enjoyable experience, no matter your injury. He listens attentively to his patients and takes the time to get to know them. He also knows how to encourage them to do their very best to bring about a recovery which will be as good as possible. He is truly a great healer !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant performed surgery 7/6/18 to insert a radial head implant and perform ligament repair. He was very helpful in putting my worries to rest as he is very comfortable and highly experienced in performing this surgery; in fact, I was referred to him by another hand/elbow surgeon due to Dr. S's greater expertise in this area. The surgery went perfect and my quick recovery has amazed me! Out of cast, pain-free & typing at day 3; OT very impressed with movement & scar looks great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Best. Hand. Surgeon. Period. He did a surgery for my broken distal radius and from the initial consult to the surgery, to the aftercare appointments, he has been the best doctor I’ve ever had. He sincerely cares and is passionate about what he does and is the absolute best! Thank you Dr. Sailent! ~Joshua Boehringer
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant performed a surgery for my thumb arthritis and I am amazed how quickly I recovered. I was back at the gym and doing yoga 8 weeks after surgery !! The other surgeon I had seen was going to keep me casted for 8 weeks. I had been putting off this surgery for so long because of the long recovery. I only wish I had done this sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
The care that Dr. Saillant provided to me was exceptional. Not only is he skilled as a surgeon, but more importantly he is skilled as a human being. His manner was always educational, caring, and cheerful. Even though he has a busy practice I never felt rushed. He made me feel like we were in this together and that a positive outcome would benefit not just me, but him as well. I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who needs hand surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant is a true professional. I underwent 2 different procedures with him as my surgeon and the results were great. He even called me at home few days after my biceps tendon surgery to see how I was doing. That meant alot to me as a patient. I would recommend Dr. Saillant very highly to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr Saillant is an excellent doctor who makes you feel very comfortable. As a previous X-Ray technician I can tell you he is one of the good guys. I'm so happy I found him to have carpal tunnel surgery. Thank you very much Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant is one of the doctors I would really like to be a long-term friend. He is caring and pleasant, very knowledgeable. He would explain to me about my injury and recovery with statistics and research findings. To someone like me who only look at facts, his explanation is greatly appreciate it. My injury was very bad on my humerus. The surgery took about three hours. My bones were excellently realigned. Now after one year I am almost fully recovered thanks to Dr. Saillant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
excellent job releasing ulnar nerve made things a pleasant experiance
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I presented to Dr. Saillant with a badly fractured left ring finger with significant pre-existing Dupuytren's Contracture. He was forthright in disclosig he had no previous experiece with Dupruytren's. But his thorough, professional explanations of the finger fractures, corrective surgery, and post-surgical options won my confidence. I'm very pleased with the results and follow-up.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Saillant. I think he's a "miracle man". I had a "shattered elbow". After a conference with Dr. Saillant, the decision was for surgery instead of a more traditional cast. Almost immediately, I was in rehab. After 5 weeks, I had the green light to start working out and swinging a golf club. Bedside manor is a "10". He said , contact him anytime if I had questions or concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant is excellent in every manner of the word. He's one of the nicest people and best doctors you'll ever meet. His staff at his offices, as well as the staff at Newton Wellesley Hospital are top-notch! I had carpel tunnel release surgery at this hospital and I cannot say enough good about the entire process! This surgery was performed with local anesthesia, and I highly recommend it! I am one week after surgery and I am almost completely healed, and symptom free! Yay!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Broke my humerus clean in half and Dr Saillant received me promptly after ER visit to assess the situation. He gave clear next steps and options. Prognosis was that it would not heal on its own, surgery was scheduled. The surgery went extremely well and recovery was fast. Every recovery step that Dr Saillant described, happened as stated. The outcome, 5 weeks post surgery, is 100% range of motion and on the path to full recovery. Along the entire process Dr Saillant was extremely pleasant.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Saillant?

Orthopedics New England

• Sat: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Saillant treats patients.