Dr. Jason Saillant, MD

Dr. Saillant
Telehealth services available

Orthopedics New England

2000 Washington St Ste 322 Newton, MA 02462

Dr. Jason Saillant, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Newton, MA. Dr. Saillant has more experience with Hand/Wrist and Elbow than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as MetroWest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital and New England Baptist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Saillant to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists in Newton

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Saillant accepts

Dr. Saillant accepts the following insurance:

Select
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Hand/Wrist

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand/Wrist specialists.

Typically treats 67% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 13 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open

Dr. Saillant performs Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open more than 98% of their peers

Dr. Saillant performs this procedure more than 98% of their peers

Trigger Finger Release

Dr. Saillant performs Trigger Finger Release more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Saillant performs this procedure more than 96% of their peers

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Saillant treats Carpal Tunnel Syndrome more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Saillant treats this condition more than 94% of their peers

Elbow

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow specialists.

Typically treats 54% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Elbow Injuries

Dr. Saillant treats Elbow Injuries more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Saillant treats this condition more than 97% of their peers

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)

Dr. Saillant treats Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow) more than 38% of their peers

Dr. Saillant treats this condition more than 38% of their peers

• Elbow Surgery
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
  • Hand Pain
  • Hip Replacement
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Wrist Pain
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Jason Saillant, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Saillant's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Saillant

Dr. Saillant?
I broke my ulna, radius, and scaphoid bones after a trip and fall on a power walk. I was blessed to have an emergency department that referred me to orthopedic surgeon Dr. Jason Saillant. Dr. Saillant is highly skilled, knowledgeable, warm, and very human. He explained my options thoroughly and welcomed my engagement in my treatment and recovery plans. I was scheduled for surgery requiring a plate, a screw, and a pin the next day. I resumed the work that I love quickly and with the proper measures and precautions. Now several months out--including follow-up assessments, a series of splints, and physical therapy--I am delighted with all that has been achieved. We're good to go. He is THE BEST. His assistant is great too!
May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr Saillant is an amazing doctor/surgeon. He is the modern doctor, one who explains it all out, with a mix of medical and lay-mans terms in order for you to know what the diagnosis is, what the prognosis is and answer any questions in between and after. He is skilled and knowledgeable, easily diagnosing my cysts in my hand and the options I had for remediation. Surgery on both hands was flawless and he and his trainee did amazing stitch work that the scars are barely noticeable. Highly recommend Dr Saillant for any hand/wrist issues you are having - you couldn't be in better "hands" (hehe).
Chris F – Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Broke my left wrist, and my right hand at the same time. We both had a good laugh about it. Great guy. Made me feel at ease about it. Fixed me up in surgery and had me back at work in 9 weeks!!
Will – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I am 71 years old and had a bad fall resulting in a really smashed wrist. The surgery required a lot of hardware. Dr. Saillant not only repaired it expertly, but also my recovery time was quick and relatively painless. He was easy to talk to and a very good listener. I would recommend him highly.
Elizabeth – Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I fell and broke my elbow into many pieces. Dr. Saillant called me (ER had reached out to him for me) at home the next morning and offered to squeeze me in that day. I saw him on Thursday and he operated on Friday. I felt so relieved that someone cared. His bedside manner is so friendly and reassuring. His staff int he office is so nice and prompt.
JoAnn – Oct 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant treated me for a hand (bone) break at Orthopedics New England in Natick, MA. The doctor was respectful and upbeat, his explanations were both detailed and clearly understood, and the treatment (cast/exercises) was thoroughly appropriate and successful. An added bonus: the office staff and its technicians (billing/X-ray/casting) were incredibly efficient, friendly, and supportive. I am glad my hospital's emergency room staff referred me to both Dr. Saillant and his group.
Oct 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Excellent physician. I’m a PT and appreciated his honesty, his reference to the literature and clear options. I wouldn’t go anywhere else for a hand or elbow injury. (I will add the nurses and anesthesiologists liked him as well, which says a lot!) Back to crossfit and work pain free. His assistant Shelley was great as well. Always timely and helpful with paperwork and follow up! I would send all my patients to him.
Michaela in MA – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Saillant after I broke my humerus. I was able to see him promptly and he recommended I wait a bit and see if my injury healed in a brace, without surgery. He carefully explained my condition and we made a plan that made the best sense for me. My break did not heal as we had hoped and I eventually had surgery. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Saillant. Throughout my care, he explained things carefully and gave me tremendous confidence when I decided to have surgery. I am now 4 weeks post op and getting back to a regular routine. I am indebted to Dr. Saillant and his fabulous assistant, Shelley, for taking such extraordinary care of me. I don't think I could have found a better surgeon or caring doctor.
Mary Renner in Wellesley, MA – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I first saw him Dr. Saillant in 2018. We met as a follow up to an injury I sustained on my left arm. He was instrumental in helping me deal with the injury and rehab. I was put at ease by his professional and overwhelming knowledge and care. I later brought him an issue with my right arm. His diagnosis was perfect. He operated and repaired the arm and ulnar nerve, And I am free from pain and discomfort. I now have a top-notch surgeon on my team.
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I can't say enough about the care that my 18 year old son received from Dr. Saillant, his staff and Metro West Medical Center. After seeing three different orthopedic surgeons at a children's major medical center in Boston, we were both relieved and extremely grateful to find Dr. Saillant. He took the time to diagnose and treat his fractures. He met with my son before and after the surgeries, diligently monitoring his recovery. The epitome of excellence without arrogance.
Waban, MA – Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
I have been a physician for decades, and have experienced dozens of orthopedic surgeons. Dr. Saillant is NUMBER 1. I selected him for my emergency hand surgery for tendon rupture, because I had previous experience with him and was aware of his extraordinary skill, as well as his kind and comforting manner. He does indeed care deeply who the patient is and how affected his or her life is Follow ups has been outstanding. His caring manner is therapeutic in itself. - more-but out of space allowed
Framingham – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Great bed side manor. Describes everything to you. Is very thorough. He is very caring. I would highly recommend him to any one.
Mary Anne Coulter in Natick, MA – Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant combines surgical expertise and superior medical knowledge with a wonderful "bedside manner", which is a rare combination ! A visit to his office actually becomes an enjoyable experience, no matter your injury. He listens attentively to his patients and takes the time to get to know them. He also knows how to encourage them to do their very best to bring about a recovery which will be as good as possible. He is truly a great healer !
Michèle Lemettais in Framingham, MA – Sep 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant performed surgery 7/6/18 to insert a radial head implant and perform ligament repair. He was very helpful in putting my worries to rest as he is very comfortable and highly experienced in performing this surgery; in fact, I was referred to him by another hand/elbow surgeon due to Dr. S's greater expertise in this area. The surgery went perfect and my quick recovery has amazed me! Out of cast, pain-free & typing at day 3; OT very impressed with movement & scar looks great!
Lynn Stoller – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Best. Hand. Surgeon. Period. He did a surgery for my broken distal radius and from the initial consult to the surgery, to the aftercare appointments, he has been the best doctor I’ve ever had. He sincerely cares and is passionate about what he does and is the absolute best! Thank you Dr. Sailent! ~Joshua Boehringer
Joshua Boehringer in Holliston, MA – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant performed a surgery for my thumb arthritis and I am amazed how quickly I recovered. I was back at the gym and doing yoga 8 weeks after surgery !! The other surgeon I had seen was going to keep me casted for 8 weeks. I had been putting off this surgery for so long because of the long recovery. I only wish I had done this sooner.
Apr 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
The care that Dr. Saillant provided to me was exceptional. Not only is he skilled as a surgeon, but more importantly he is skilled as a human being. His manner was always educational, caring, and cheerful. Even though he has a busy practice I never felt rushed. He made me feel like we were in this together and that a positive outcome would benefit not just me, but him as well. I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who needs hand surgery.
Tobe Gerard in Natick, MA – Mar 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant is a true professional. I underwent 2 different procedures with him as my surgeon and the results were great. He even called me at home few days after my biceps tendon surgery to see how I was doing. That meant alot to me as a patient. I would recommend Dr. Saillant very highly to everyone.
David in Northboro – Mar 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr Saillant is an excellent doctor who makes you feel very comfortable. As a previous X-Ray technician I can tell you he is one of the good guys. I'm so happy I found him to have carpal tunnel surgery. Thank you very much Doctor.
Mary Katherine Ducich in Sarasota, FL – Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?
Dr. Saillant is one of the doctors I would really like to be a long-term friend. He is caring and pleasant, very knowledgeable. He would explain to me about my injury and recovery with statistics and research findings. To someone like me who only look at facts, his explanation is greatly appreciate it. My injury was very bad on my humerus. The surgery took about three hours. My bones were excellently realigned. Now after one year I am almost fully recovered thanks to Dr. Saillant.
Natick, MA – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Saillant, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Saillant?

"I have completed a long track of education so that I can be comfortable with the diagnosis and treatment of upper extremity problems. At this point, my primary goal in treatment discussion is to integrate each person's pathology with who the patient...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Hand Surgery

Philadelphia Hand Ctr-Thomas Jefferson U
Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
Tufts University
Boston College

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Saillant communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Saillant communicates via email

• Does Dr. Saillant offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Saillant offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Saillant offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Saillant offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Saillant have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Saillant has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Saillant offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Saillant offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Saillant offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Saillant offers evening visits