Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD

Colorectal Surgery ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Petrofski

Atlanta Colon and Rectal Surgery

1380 Upper Hembree Rd Roswell, GA 30076

Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in Roswell, GA and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine in 1999 and specializes in colorectal surgery and general surgery.

Dr. Petrofski accepts

Dr. Petrofski accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Choice HMO
Blue Choice Option POS
Blue Open Access POS

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Petrofski's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Rectovaginal Fistula

3.8

Dr. Petrofski?
Dr. Petrofski's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD
Did a wonderful job with my husband's difficult diverticulitis. Did surgery through a very tiny incision and my husband recovered from a life-threatening problem. A very nice man. Kind and humble. Wonderful bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Dr. Petrofski treated me for an unexpected cancer. I am a mom with children and a husband. I have inflammatory bowel disease & developed a cancer requiring removal of my entire colon & rectum. Dr. Petrofski did the surgery through a 3 inch bikini line incision.I needed chemo afterward but am now cancer free. This was obviously a very difficult, emotional time for me but he was always patient and empathetic with me. (I know I was a handful, LOL). I can't thank him enough. Staff was amazing too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
I strongly urge you to select a different doc! Like other posts, Dr. Petrofski was quick to perform surgery and never informed me of the excruciating recovery or other options available. When I contacted his office post-op in pain, I was dismissed and not given any recommendations aside from continuing to take my prescribed narcotics. Dr. Petrofski is arrogant and dismissive AND I was double billed for surgery and an office visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
I have no knowledge of the skill level or care quality of Dr. Petrofski's office, since no one ever bothered to acknowledge that they knew that they had patients waiting to be called back to the examination rooms. Another patient and I sat for over 40 minutes without ever being spoken to, called back or even asked a question. At that point I wrote a letter to the doctor and asked the receptionist to please give it to him as I walked out the door. She simply said that she did not "work for them."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
I was really hurting. I called his office and Dr. Petrofski saw me THAT DAY! He diagnosed me with an abscess and drained it in the office. It hurt like heck when he numbed me, but the relief I felt when he drained it was indescribable. I am so greatful. He saw me 72 hours later to make sure everything resolved as it was supposed to. I can't recommend him higher. He made me feel so comfortable, even in an obviously embarrassing problem. He's going to do my cscope next week, which I was late in g
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
I had some major surgery with Dr. Petrofski and what an amazing experience. He explained in detail what was going to take place, my surgery was a success and he even came on Saturday and Sunday to see me in the hospital. He is very knowledgeable in his area of expertise. I would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
A great surgeon! I am very thankful my GI referred me to him after I was diagnosed with rectal cancer. He led the coordination of my care and then did a life saving surgery laparoscopically. I am cancer free now and life is "back to normal." Spent lots of time explaining everything. I was very comfortable throughout the entire process b/c of the time he devoted in reviewing the process. It took a lot of stress away from a really stressful time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Did a great job on a horrible hemorrhoid. Took care of it in the office and made terrible pain immediately go away. Made time in his clinic schedule to get me in the same day. It was similar to going to an acute care "doc in the box" except with a surgical specialist taking care of you. Made my weekend bearable. Nice guy. Great staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
meant to write this for a couple of months. dr p is the best! i had really bad diverticulitis for several years,but then I had an episode that almost killed me.i had a connection between by bladder and colon and it kept making me ill. i was referred to dr p.he saw me the day after I called (wow!). he took the time to walk me through all aspects of my care. we went to the OR and he fixed my problems. His surgical skill is amazing--I have a 2 1/2 inch incision--and bedside manner wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
treated me for diverticulitis. i had over 10 attacks in 3 years (!). he did a colon removal (part of it at least--the part that needed it) through a tiny incision and i have been symptom free ever since. great MD here in forsyth county/greater atlanta.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Couldn't recommend higher. He took care of my wife when she had an advanced stage cancer with expertise, grace, and humility. He was compassionate and kind. World Class Care in Forsyth County.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
unbelievably nice guy. great surgeon. terrific bedside manner. couldn't rate higher. earlier this fall I learned I had cancer. he saw me ON THE SAME DAY i called for an appointment. spent >45 minutes talking with my husband and i. drew pictures. we went to the OR later that week. i had a large surgery through a 2 1/2 inch incision and was home 3 days later "cured" from cancer. i cannot be more appreciative or recommend him higher.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Best doctor I’ve ever had. He spent a long time walking through the options for the cancer I had. He was kind. He spoke in a way that I could understand. He truly cared about me and my family. I couldn’t imagine having surgery with anybody else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Do yourself a favor and RUN AWAY FROM THIS GUY! Terrible bedside manner. No regard for post-surgery follow up. Will brag about his phenomenal resume, when really, just read some of these other 1-star reviews. They're all true! Worst of all, his surgery was unsuccessful and I had to have a repeat surgery a couple months later - NOT FUN! Don't let his friendly staff fool you. If I could rate 0 stars, I would!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Dr. Petrofski took excellent care of me before during and after my surgery. I would highly recommend him and the Hawcreek outpatient staff! They are the BEST in this state!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Dr. Petrofski was quick to recommended surgery. He based the decision on my description and skipped what he called "putting me through the discomfort" of using a scope to examine me. He described the recovery as easy and I should be up and around within a few days. The recovery was horrible, I contacted this office several times for options to find relief, and found him completely disinterested in providing post operative consultation. Recommend you find a different doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Dr. Petrofski is an excellent surgeon! After making the decision based on internet reviews, it was later confirmed he was a top surgeon by hospital personnel. He spent an hour explaining resectioning procedure. We were further impressed as his scheduling nurse, bent over backwards to schedule us for surgery the very next day. Dr. even came to us between surgeries days later to deliver biopsy results which greatly reduced our worries. The hospital also provided top notch care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Dr Petrofski was very eager to do my wife's surgery but once it was done the follow up care was terrible and she was basically just fluffed off. Had to go to another doctor for care as she was in so much pain and all she got from Dr Petrofski was take two Advil and call me in a week.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
A great doctor--I had cancer. He cured me. Kind, patient, compassionate. He explained everything along the way. You cant be in better hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
He saved my life. I had cancer. He walked me through our course if treatment for almost an hour. He did a massive surgery through a 3 inch incision. I was home in 3 days. Post op visits were easy to schedule. My family and I are extremely grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Petrofski?

• Colorectal Surgery
  • General Surgery

1999
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
1999

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Petrofski treats patients.

Compare Providers