Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 48

Dr. Petrofski

Northsideatlanta Colon & Rectal Surgery- Forsyth

1505 Northside Blvd Ste 1900 Cumming, GA 30041

Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Cumming, GA and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with medical facilities Northside Hospital Forsyth and Wellstar North Fulton Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Petrofski to book an appointment.

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Petrofski with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Petrofski's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Petrofski

3.7

Dr. Petrofski
I would not recommend this doctor for hemorrhoid care. My experience was horrible and unprofessional. He treated me as if I was an intrusion on his time. I was allowed no input in the treatment decision. He did not do a pre-treatment physical exam. He just launched into the procedure which was excruciating, pain wise and because he talked non-stop about my aftercare, which I was in no frame of mind to remember. After sitting in the waiting room for close to an hour, I figured out that he sees most of his patients in 10 minute increments. Some took longer if they were more serious than hemorrhoids. I hope this will prevent others from making the mistake I made. Stunning credentials aren't the only thing to consider when finding a doctor.
  • Long wait times
Feb 16, 2021
Dr. Petrofsky was easy to speak with and that is important to me. His communication skills made me most comfortable in discussing every single aspect of what I was going to go thru. I felt like I could call him at home if necessary and that is a requisite for every single doctor I see.
Steve Freedman – Nov 17, 2020
I cannot recommend this doctor. Appointment was easy to make and waiting time was short. Support staff is fine. However, the doctor made me feel more like an inconvenience than a patient. Poor interpersonal skills. Never asked if I had questions. Seemed annoyed that I wanted to look at options besides his recommendations. Aggressively pushed surgical interventions. Perfunctory 2 min visit. My experience today was not good. Your experience may be different but these are my honest impressions.
AF Patient – Feb 01, 2020
Did a wonderful job with my husband's difficult diverticulitis. Did surgery through a very tiny incision and my husband recovered from a life-threatening problem. A very nice man. Kind and humble. Wonderful bedside manner.
Feb 20, 2019
Dr. Petrofski treated me for an unexpected cancer. I am a mom with children and a husband. I have inflammatory bowel disease & developed a cancer requiring removal of my entire colon & rectum. Dr. Petrofski did the surgery through a 3 inch bikini line incision.I needed chemo afterward but am now cancer free. This was obviously a very difficult, emotional time for me but he was always patient and empathetic with me. (I know I was a handful, LOL). I can't thank him enough. Staff was amazing too.
Oct 18, 2018
I strongly urge you to select a different doc! Like other posts, Dr. Petrofski was quick to perform surgery and never informed me of the excruciating recovery or other options available. When I contacted his office post-op in pain, I was dismissed and not given any recommendations aside from continuing to take my prescribed narcotics. Dr. Petrofski is arrogant and dismissive AND I was double billed for surgery and an office visit.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Roswell, GA – Sep 22, 2018
I have no knowledge of the skill level or care quality of Dr. Petrofski's office, since no one ever bothered to acknowledge that they knew that they had patients waiting to be called back to the examination rooms. Another patient and I sat for over 40 minutes without ever being spoken to, called back or even asked a question. At that point I wrote a letter to the doctor and asked the receptionist to please give it to him as I walked out the door. She simply said that she did not "work for them."
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Larry Black in Roswell, GA – Jun 23, 2018
I was really hurting. I called his office and Dr. Petrofski saw me THAT DAY! He diagnosed me with an abscess and drained it in the office. It hurt like heck when he numbed me, but the relief I felt when he drained it was indescribable. I am so greatful. He saw me 72 hours later to make sure everything resolved as it was supposed to. I can't recommend him higher. He made me feel so comfortable, even in an obviously embarrassing problem. He's going to do my cscope next week, which I was late in g
Feb 15, 2018
I had some major surgery with Dr. Petrofski and what an amazing experience. He explained in detail what was going to take place, my surgery was a success and he even came on Saturday and Sunday to see me in the hospital. He is very knowledgeable in his area of expertise. I would definitely recommend him.
Brian Austin in Cumming GA – Feb 11, 2018
A great surgeon! I am very thankful my GI referred me to him after I was diagnosed with rectal cancer. He led the coordination of my care and then did a life saving surgery laparoscopically. I am cancer free now and life is "back to normal." Spent lots of time explaining everything. I was very comfortable throughout the entire process b/c of the time he devoted in reviewing the process. It took a lot of stress away from a really stressful time.
Jan 10, 2018
Did a great job on a horrible hemorrhoid. Took care of it in the office and made terrible pain immediately go away. Made time in his clinic schedule to get me in the same day. It was similar to going to an acute care "doc in the box" except with a surgical specialist taking care of you. Made my weekend bearable. Nice guy. Great staff.
Jan 10, 2018
meant to write this for a couple of months. dr p is the best! i had really bad diverticulitis for several years,but then I had an episode that almost killed me.i had a connection between by bladder and colon and it kept making me ill. i was referred to dr p.he saw me the day after I called (wow!). he took the time to walk me through all aspects of my care. we went to the OR and he fixed my problems. His surgical skill is amazing--I have a 2 1/2 inch incision--and bedside manner wonderful.
Jan 03, 2018
treated me for diverticulitis. i had over 10 attacks in 3 years (!). he did a colon removal (part of it at least--the part that needed it) through a tiny incision and i have been symptom free ever since. great MD here in forsyth county/greater atlanta.
Jan 02, 2018
Couldn't recommend higher. He took care of my wife when she had an advanced stage cancer with expertise, grace, and humility. He was compassionate and kind. World Class Care in Forsyth County.
Jan 02, 2018
unbelievably nice guy. great surgeon. terrific bedside manner. couldn't rate higher. earlier this fall I learned I had cancer. he saw me ON THE SAME DAY i called for an appointment. spent >45 minutes talking with my husband and i. drew pictures. we went to the OR later that week. i had a large surgery through a 2 1/2 inch incision and was home 3 days later "cured" from cancer. i cannot be more appreciative or recommend him higher.
Jan 01, 2018
Best doctor I’ve ever had. He spent a long time walking through the options for the cancer I had. He was kind. He spoke in a way that I could understand. He truly cared about me and my family. I couldn’t imagine having surgery with anybody else.
Jan 01, 2018
Do yourself a favor and RUN AWAY FROM THIS GUY! Terrible bedside manner. No regard for post-surgery follow up. Will brag about his phenomenal resume, when really, just read some of these other 1-star reviews. They're all true! Worst of all, his surgery was unsuccessful and I had to have a repeat surgery a couple months later - NOT FUN! Don't let his friendly staff fool you. If I could rate 0 stars, I would!
Sarah L in Buford, GA – Nov 09, 2017
Dr. Petrofski took excellent care of me before during and after my surgery. I would highly recommend him and the Hawcreek outpatient staff! They are the BEST in this state!
Woodstock, GA – Sep 12, 2017
Dr. Petrofski was quick to recommended surgery. He based the decision on my description and skipped what he called "putting me through the discomfort" of using a scope to examine me. He described the recovery as easy and I should be up and around within a few days. The recovery was horrible, I contacted this office several times for options to find relief, and found him completely disinterested in providing post operative consultation. Recommend you find a different doctor
Cumming, GA – Jun 13, 2017
Dr. Petrofski is an excellent surgeon! After making the decision based on internet reviews, it was later confirmed he was a top surgeon by hospital personnel. He spent an hour explaining resectioning procedure. We were further impressed as his scheduling nurse, bent over backwards to schedule us for surgery the very next day. Dr. even came to us between surgeries days later to deliver biopsy results which greatly reduced our worries. The hospital also provided top notch care!
Douglas Knauff in GA – Jun 12, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Petrofski?

• General Surgery