Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male

Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD

Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Cumming, GA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Petrofski is affiliated with Northside Hospital - Forsyth and WellStar North Fulton Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Petrofski's Experience

See how Dr. Petrofski's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Petrofski

Dr. Petrofski accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Petrofski is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Petrofski has admitting privileges.

Dr. Petrofski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Petrofski to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Petrofski's Performance
Cumming, GA |
Dr. Petrofski was quick to recommended surgery. He based the decision on my description and skipped what he called "putting me through the discomfort" of using a scope to examine me. He described the recovery as easy and I should be up and around within a few days. The recovery was horrible, I contacted this office several times for options to find relief, and found him completely disinterested in providing post operative consultation. Recommend you find a different doctor
in GA |
Dr. Petrofski is an excellent surgeon! After making the decision based on internet reviews, it was later confirmed he was a top surgeon by hospital personnel. He spent an hour explaining resectioning procedure. We were further impressed as his scheduling nurse, bent over backwards to schedule us for surgery the very next day. Dr. even came to us between surgeries days later to deliver biopsy results which greatly reduced our worries. The hospital also provided top notch care!
Cumming, GA |
Dr Petrofski was very eager to do my wife's surgery but once it was done the follow up care was terrible and she was basically just fluffed off. Had to go to another doctor for care as she was in so much pain and all she got from Dr Petrofski was take two Advil and call me in a week.
Atlanta, GA |
A great doctor--I had cancer. He cured me. Kind, patient, compassionate. He explained everything along the way. You cant be in better hands.
Cumming, GA |
He saved my life. I had cancer. He walked me through our course if treatment for almost an hour. He did a massive surgery through a 3 inch incision. I was home in 3 days. Post op visits were easy to schedule. My family and I are extremely grateful.
Atlanta, GA |
He did not bother to listen about my problem at all.He just spent around 15 seconds after my treatment and after the first treatment,(rubber band ligation) i had the same problem after 15 days and i went to him trying to explain him about it, he was not all interested in listening to me and just ready to do another rubber band ligation and he did it. All together, he just spoke with me for less than 30 seconds. very unprofessional.
in Jefferson ga |
I know some people would disagree with this review but here I go. I had been suffering for 10 years or more, been to 4-5 Drs and was still experiencing same issues. I thought for sure I was gonna die before I had heard about Dr. Petrofski. He saw me looked at my tests and WE both decided I needed surgery. If I hadn't had it I Would have died. My colon had collapsed on one side. So if I had not found him I wouldn't be here.
in Duluth, GA |
This is the last doctor that you need. Very very rude. More interested in more surgeries than the patient concerns. He dumps the patients after the surgery saying post care is not his area to deal with it. Everything he said before surgery compared to everything he did during the surgery and after surgery was completely opposite. Education is not the only important thing, it is attitude and bed side manners are most important. He is not a team player,every nurse and every hospitalist against him
in Cumming, GA |
Dr. Petrofski is an amazing doctor. He is a very honest physician, up front about procedures, risks, and etc. The work he does is amazing. I had a complete colectomy and the incisions are neat and orderly which allow me to feel very comfortable about wearing bikinis to the beach in the future. If you are looking for a colon doctor who is the best at what he does, Dr. Petrofski is for you.
in cumming ga |
Very rude especially when I back down on a surgery I was going to have done.
in Atlanta, GA |
Cannot be any worse. He does not care to know about your issues.. neither tries to understand nor can explain it to you. Seems just bothers about how much money he can get from your insurance.
in Atlanta, GA |
Worst Doctor ever. He did not bother to listen about mu problem. I kept telling him that I have already had surgery twice with no success, but he was not interested in history at all. It seemed like he just wants to make money by surgery, he does not care if your case will be a success or not.
in Cumming, GA |
The doctor himself is very rude. He did not even bother the history of my problem. It seemed like he just want me to get a surgery done by him so that he can make some money. I kept saying him that I had got the surgery done twice and it was not successful, but he just did not want to go in the details.
Have you seen Dr. Jason Petrofski, MD?
Are you Dr. Petrofski?

Compare Dr. Petrofski

Dr. Petrofski's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

Dr. Petrofski has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Petrofski's Board Certifications

• Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Petrofski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Petrofski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Treatment
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)