Dr. Jason Patterson, MD

Dr. Jason Patterson, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery  |

Dr. Jason Patterson, MD is an orthopedic foot & ankle surgery doctor who practices in Gilbert, AZ. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

OrthoArizona - Mezona Division

2940 E Banner Gateway Dr Ste 200

Gilbert, AZ 85234

• AARP
  • Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Banner Health
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • City of Mesa Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Patterson

See how frequently Dr. Patterson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
Foot Fracture
Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Dr. Patterson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Patterson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Patterson "Dr. Patterson is a Board Certified Orthopedics Surgeon whose interest is in minimally invasive treatment of foot and ankle and other general orthopaedic problems. His fellowship training with some of the world's foot and ankle experts, Drs. Amendola, Phisitkul, and Femino, has prepared him to effectively treat a broad spectrum of both simple and complex foot and ankle disorders. Dr. Amendola is a world expert on sports and cartilage injuries and total ankle replacements. Dr. Phisitkul is at the forefront of many new and minimally invasive techniques to treat complex deformity and arthritis. Dr. Femino is well published in many orthopaedic journals for his work done in many areas of foot and ankle, including biomechanics, tendon and ligament disorders. The experience and training has prepared Dr. Patterson to handle any foot and ankle disorder. Dr. Patterson is a 4th generation Arizonan, born and raised in the east valley. He attended Mesa Mountain View High School and later Arizona State University where he earned a degree in Biochemistry and a minor in Spanish. He graduated with the highest academic distinction, summa cum laude. He continued his schooling at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine where he earned the honor of being a junior member of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA). To qualify for the Iowa chapter of AOA, one must not only be in top 10% of medical school class academically, but also display leadership, professionalism and above all, a commitment to service. He returned back to the valley of the sun for his residency training at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center Orthopaedic Residency. Being the only residency in Phoenix, Dr. Patterson was afforded the opportunity to train with the experts in all areas of orthopaedics at many institutions, including Mayo Hospital, Phoenix Children's Hospital, and many others around the valley. During his residency, he was involved in numerous research projects that have been presented in numerous prestigious meetings nationally and internationally. Several have been published in peer-reviewed journals. He was also author of a book chapter for a Mayo application available for mobile devices and co-author on numerous other academic projects. Dr. Patterson feels very fortunate and blessed to be back in his home town serving the great people of Arizona. Outside of work, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, participating in many athletic and outdoor activities that this great state has to offer."

This content was provided by Dr. Patterson "As an Orthopedic Surgeon, my success is measured by how well I can improve or prevent decline of the function of my patients. Although I am a Surgeon, I believe that most orthopedic problems can be treated by nonsurgical measures such as orthotics, therapy, injections, medications, etc. My patients become surgical candidates when nonsurgical methods are failing and when the patient tells me that they are ready for surgery. Throughout treatment, I hope to develop a relationship with my patients based on two-way communication. Decision for surgery is made jointly with the patient as it is such an important decision. I believe that maintaining this healthy doctor and patient relationship will make my job just as rewarding in 30 years as it is now."

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Fractured Lower Leg
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Leg Injury

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
  • Foot and Ankle Surgery
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Haglund's Deformity Resection
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures
  • Subtalar Arthrodesis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Arizona State University
  • Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • University Of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Patterson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Patterson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patterson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patterson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patterson to family and friends
Dr. Patterson's Performance
Tempe, AZ |
Great job on reducing toe fractures. Staff is friendly and efficient
in Phoenix, AZ |
I can't say enough great things about Dr. Patterson and his staff. He doctored me through a major break in my ankle/leg, and took the best care of me. He was very good at explaining every aspect of my break down to what would happen in my procedure. My incisions came out super clean and scarring is not ugly. For my type of break, you would expect a long recovery process, yet here I am 6 months later 100% healed and walking like normal. This was my first break and surgery so I was very nervous, b
in Mesa |
Great Doctor, great staff, great experience.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Patterson is amazing! I went to him for follow-up ankle surgery after my previous Orthopedic Surgeon went into retirement, and might I say, he was a breath of fresh air to work with. He removed the hardware that was causing me issues and repaired my torn tendon. Dr. Patterson was always polite and honest, and worked on me in a timely manner to avoid further injury from occurring.
in Casa Grande, AZ |
Dr. Patterson and his staff are first class all the way! I feel very fortunate to have been put in the care of this man and his team. First and foremost if you have an ankle injury, especially if it's a significant one I strongly urge you to choose Dr. Patterson to be your Orthopedic Surgeon. He sets himself apart from other physicians in many ways. He's a Great person and a Great surgeon, he's very personable and truly Cares about his patients. I can't say enough. Thank you Dr. Patterson!
in Mesa, AZ |
Complicated surgery that went picture perfect. He was always honest and never beat around the bush. I did what he said and it turned out great.
Scottsdale, AZ |
My husband and I are very happy that Dr. Patterson is the doctor I ended up with when I had to go to the emergency room for surgery for a knee infection. Due to his diligence and expertise the operation was a great success! He is very focused on giving you the very best of care, and I have a lot of confidence in his abilities. He has a warm personality and really listens to all of your concerns.
Laveen, AZ |
If you ever need a Ortho Dr. I would highly recommend him he was great with explaining things to you about everything needed to heal whatever was broken or wrong.
Phoenix, AZ |
PPAbsolute wonderful care for my elbow.. I always knew what the issues/treatments were when I was there. Made follow up appointments for me.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I have had multiple surgeries over the years beginning with an extensive recovery period following a horrific traffic accident caused by a drunk 43 years ago. In addition to many orthopedic surgeries, I have also had bypass surgery, neck fusion surgery at Barrow, and others. As a result, I have had many dealings with a long list of doctors over the years. Therefore, I can state without reservation that Dr. Jason Patterson is as good as it gets when it comes to orthopedic care.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Patterson is fantastic. He and Chantel were so easy to talk to and made me feel confident about the whole surgery process. Their entire team were wonderful.
in Chandler, AZ |
I was having a lot of pain walking, due to arthritis in my big toe. I was so impressed with Dr. Patterson on my first visit. He explained my options and answered all my questions in a way that I could understand and with patience. After surgery I healed pretty quickly and after the six weeks, I was pain free and could walk normally.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was impressed with this doctor from the first phone call. Scheduling an appointment took only a few days----when others were wanting me to wait for weeks. He was caring and knowledgeable. Surgery was also scheduled in a matter of days. Dr. Patterson and his staff take the time necessary to listen to the patient, answer any questions, and to discuss all needed medical information. I highly recommend this doctor for any ankle concerns you might have.
in Apache Junction, Arizona 85119 |
He was a very caring Doctor. I would call in a heart beat. I had absolutely no pain & still don't have any pain. I was out shopping the day I came home after a week rehab. Will always use Dr Jason Patterson.
in Florence, AZ |
Dr. Patterson is an excellent surgeon who listens. When doing a surgical procedure he takes his time to avoid damage to nerves that may be in the line of an incision. Post-op he continues to listen, guides recovery and manually assesses joint flexibility. He spends time with you to understand where you are with your injury/surgery/recovery and is honest with his prognosis. He is supported by a TEAM that is knowledgeable, caring and responsive. I give them all A++ and will miss seeing them.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I had an injury and was able to get in right away. He assessed the injury then we as a team decided on the best plan. He got me into surgery and on the road to recovery very fast. I thought it would be weeks and it was days. The staff was always professional and he was always on time for my appointments. He asked the right questions so that my recover stayed on track. I was able to make a full recovery on a pretty serious injury. I would never go to anyone else.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Patterson saw my mom for a stress fracture in her foot that was causing her a lot of pain. His staff was very kind and helpful. Dr. Patterson was wonderful and offered a variety of treatment plans that worked for her. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an orthopedic doctor who cares about his patients!
in Mesa, AZ |
I experienced complex, displaced fractures of my left ankle (3!). Dr. Patterson recommended surgery on two sites, and thought the third was small enough to heal without intervention. Outpatient surgery was scheduled, and just prior to closing he noticed the bone on one side was not holding well with screws, and he amended the procedure to stabilize that side satisfactorily with another plate. SO appreciate his decision making. He is very personable and caring, MA's Chantal and Daniel are great!
in Gilbert, az |
It was a great visit and I was able to gain a lot of knowledge about the status of a previous injury to my right foot. I was impressed by the urge of Dr. Patterson to start with a low level treatment vs. going to something as dramatic as surgery. The office fitted me with an over the counter ankle brace and so far, my experience has been great and I am able to benefit more than I had really anticipated.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Patterson was kind, thoughtful and thorough. He answered all my questions. He was on time for all appointments.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Patterson and his staff were friendly and courteous. They always answered my questions in a professional and cheerful manner. I felt that I could call anytime and someone was always willing to help.
in Gilbert, AZ |
The entire staff was awesome.
Have you seen Dr. Jason Patterson, MD?
Are you Dr. Patterson?

Visit Dr. Patterson

Dr. Patterson accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Accountable Health Plans of America
    Aetna PPO
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Banner Health
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Mesa, AZ 85206
Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital
4620 E Baseline Rd
Mesa, AZ 85206

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Patterson at OrthoArizona - Mezona Division