Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD

Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Morristown, NJ and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine in 2000 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, spinal cord injury medicine, and more.

160 E Hanover Ave

Morristown, NJ 07960

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Lowenstein's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Lowenstein's Top Procedures and Conditions

Back Pain
high
high

Dr. Lowenstein treats Back Pain more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Lowenstein treats this condition more than 85% of his peers

Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)

Dr. Lowenstein treats Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve) more than 61% of his peers

Dr. Lowenstein treats this condition more than 61% of his peers

• Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Decompression for Spinal Stenosis
  • Neck Injuries
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

4.3

Dr. Lowenstein?
Dr. Lowenstein's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD
Exceptionally skilled at finding mistakes from my other spine surgeons
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Bedside manner was unlike I have ever experienced, world renowned scoliosis expert.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Dr. Lowenstein is a brilliant surgeon and amazingly caring human being. He also has a phenomenal team and you feel constantly cared for.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
After several epidurals and two back doctors, I was finally referred to Dr. Lowenstein. My surgery was late May, 2018 and I can say I am back, literally, to 100 percent thanks to Dr. Lowenstein and his staff. Russell S. Fredon, NJ
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
I am now two years post major surgery and am completely pain free. This was possible because of Dr. Lowensteins attentivenes, skill and compassion. I have recommended several people to him and all had the same results and impressions. Every day I am amazed I am pain free. Thanks doc and team!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Dr. Lowenstein is no doubt, an excellent surgeon, but if you are being evaluated for a herniated disc that requires conservative treatment (vs. surgery), Dr. Lowenstein will make it clear to you in so many words, that you are not worth his time. However, you could ask for Jamie, who works with Dr. Lowenstein. She is everything you would expect to receive for your money at an office visit, when you are looking for answers to your relatively minor condition. Cannot say so about Dr. Lowenstein.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Dr. Lowenstein and his PA Jamie Graziano are a great team. They are kind, talented, knowledgeable and sincere. Imaging revealed substantial DDD of my spine, requiring multiple significant surgeries. Everyone in this office knows their job and does it well, from Richard the pt advocate to the receptionist to the surgical coordinator Paula, (who handled every imaginable detail)!! These humble folks have literally given me my life back and I am forever grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Very skilled, professional, and kind. Excellent spine surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Dr . Lowenstein is by far the BEST Surgeon my husband could have had.. He is very courteous, listens to what you have to say. Takes your concerns into account, never made us feel rushed and genuinely cares about your well being... We would 100% recommend him to anyone in our Family and our Friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Our daughter needed spinal fusion surgery because of scoliosis. After we met with Dr. Lowenstein, we felt comfortable trusting him with the care and treatment of our daughter. He was very patient and informative with our questions and concerns. We highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
We were fortunate to be lead to Dr. Lowenstein by another physician. He was kind, and gentle and comforting. He saw us within the critical time and did a very lengthy and involved life saving surgery. He quickly put together a team of other amazing doctors and physician's assistants, neurologists for the surgery. His knowledge and experience helped us with the post operative healing. His P.A's are understanding, supportive and available 24/7. We now have a future together.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
***Note: Please read if you want your spinal pain to be resolved for good*** I’m a 42 year old mother of one who works a full time teaching position. For the past 7 years I have dealt with a DDD disease. During the past 7 years, I saw my quality of life diminish at an extremely slow pace. My L 4/5 disc had basically collapsed, and Dr. Lowenstein was able to identify a future problem with my S1 disc during my MRI evaluation with him. This is now my 5th week of recovery and I feel DYNAMITE!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
The care has been well beyond expectations. No one plans on breaking their neck at work and having their world turned upside down. Fortunately, Dr. Lowenstein and Jamie (his P.A.) responded in performing critical surgeries immediately with tremendous expertise and insight. They not only realigned the spine and sealed the spinal sack, they also put in two bone grafts and in so doing fixed two previous issues all as part of the surgery. I can't thank them enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Dr.Lowenstein is skilled, smart, and understanding. He will answer all of your questions an wont pressure you to have surgery. You will feel comfortable with him which is a blessing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Dr Lowenstein was blunt, disrespectful, and cruel in communicating. He was non-caring, offered a narrow scope of information, presented no alternatives, and extinguished any optomism my mother had. He said he didn't know anything about physical therapy, occupational therapy, pain management and therapies shown to reduce pain, but said." That's above my pay grade" and "You could be paralyzed at any moment, I can't do anything, but you can't live in a bubble."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Dr Lowenstein is an amazing deformity surgeon I would recommend him to everyone. He is very skilled, knowledgeable, and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Dr. Lowenstein is a very caring doctor and excellent surgeon. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
I’ve had back problems for over 40 years. It got to the point where I could hardly walk or sit. I had surgery in August of 2017 - 3 laminectomies at the L4, L5 and S1 levels. Three weeks after surgery I was completely pain free after being in pain for 35 years. Everytime I met with Dr. Lowenstein or his PA Jamie, they were responsive and sincere. Phone calls to the office were returned promptly.. He has an excellent bedside manner and I never felt rushed during appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Great surgen and very caring doctor,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
From the front desk, to the girls in the exam room and the X-ray tech I couldn't have asked for a more professional and compassionate experience! Dr. Lowenstein was beyond exceptional, he spent time explaining my diagnoses with me and going over my options, he was patient with my many questions and didn't once make me feel rushed. You really have a great team!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lowenstein?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lowenstein treats patients.