Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD
Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Morristown, NJ. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Lowenstein is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center and Morristown Medical Center.

160 E Hanover Ave

Morristown, NJ 07960

Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Lowenstein

Dr. Lowenstein's Experience

Dr. Lowenstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Kyphosis Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Decompression for Spinal Stenosis
  • Scoliosis Surgery
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • Columbia University Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Emory University Spine Center, Emory University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Lowenstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lowenstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lowenstein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lowenstein to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Lowenstein's Performance
in Cedar Knolls, NJ |
Great surgen and very caring doctor,
in Denville, NJ |
From the front desk, to the girls in the exam room and the X-ray tech I couldn't have asked for a more professional and compassionate experience! Dr. Lowenstein was beyond exceptional, he spent time explaining my diagnoses with me and going over my options, he was patient with my many questions and didn't once make me feel rushed. You really have a great team!
Stittsville, ON |
Thank you to Dr. Lowenstein and his team for taking such food care of me after a car accident last year. I am a Canadian citizen and having urgent back surgery, out of country was rather intimidating. Dr. Lowenstein made me feel safe and the surgery was a success. All my gratitude is sent your way, in buckets. Denise Davies
in West Milford, NJ |
Dr. Lowenstein and his PA Jaimie are wonderful. Not only were they able to correct my sons Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. With each visit they would talk to him and address his questions and concerns which made him feel good. Even after the surgery the follow up with the staff was phenomenal. If I could post a before and after picture I would. My son posted on his instagram about a week after his surgery a photo and a heartfelt thank you to his doctors for helping him achieve his goal.
in Dover |
I was very pleased how Dr Lowestein went about it, very professional!!!!!
in Randolph, NJ |
Suffered with back and sciatic pain for years.Past Winter couldn't stand for more than a few minutes. Neuropathy in my feet. Dr. Lowenstein operated in May 2017 and fused L4,L5,S1 and implanted 2 rods and 6 screws. First several weeks were not fun.However, now 4 mos post op, I have NO sciatic pain, NO neuropathy in my feet. Walking several miles a day pain free. Thank You Dr. Lowenstein. Can't wait to get back on the golf course...
in East Orange, NJ |
Dr. Lowenstein is an AWESOME doctor. I am so pleased with his work. At the time of my recovery, when I was in pain, he would always tell me, "It will get better" and now I feel GREAT again!! Truly Grateful.
in Flanders, NJ |
I was referred to Dr Lowenstein by my infectious disease doctor after a bout with chronic lyme as I still had severe neck pain and weakness in my right arm and leg. After reviewing my current and prior MRIs, he recommended ACDF for stenosis/myelopathy. The surgery was exactly what I needed. I feel like a new person. I no longer come home from work in agony, laying propped up on the couch. I have a new lease on life. Surgery was so successful I went to Disney a month after surgery.
in Pompton Plains, NJ |
I am very happy with the treatment I received from Dr. Lowenstein and his Staff, a more professional group I could not ask for. When I decided to have surgery, Dr. Lowenstein explained all aspects of the procedure and answered all of my questions. I would recommend Dr. Lowenstein to any one. Finally I want to thank Dr. Lowenstein for his expertise in repairing my back
in Readington, NJ |
If you have back or neck pain, look no further! Had a great experience with Dr. Lowenstein. He is highly knowledgeable and takes the time to answer all of your questions. I am feeling so much better after his help!
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Lowenstein. I saw him for my back and radiating leg pain. He took his time answering all my questions and eased my concerns. I am feeling back to 100%. His PA is great too.
in Little Falls, NJ |
Dr. Lowenstein is awesome! He listened, showed care and concern, and was thorough in his explanation of my problem. He is detail orientated, spent plenty of time with me, and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend him!!!
If you have medicare, forget this guy. He is one of the most arrogant,least compassionate dr I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. He didn't really want to be bothered with me at all and I feel it was because I have Medicare. His PA told me at a previous visit that she thought the pain in my arms and shoulders was due problems emanating from the spine and ordered an MRI and cat scan of the cervical spine. He says your pain is not coming from the spine. spent less than 5 minutes with me.
in Sparta, NJ |
Dr. Lowenstein performed two surgeries (Microdiscectomy - 2012 and C5-C7 fusion - 2014. My first surgery completely resolved foot drop and I have since run several mud runs and other races. Second surgery was C5-C7 fusion. I have also made a complete recovery and have returned to all physical activities including additional mud runs, riding my motorcycle and soccer. I could not be any happier with the outcomes of my surgeries and recommend Dr. Lowenstein to friends/family for all spine isuses
in Sussex, NJ |
He was brusque and wouldn't let me finish answering questions before he talked over me. He said he would order an MRI if I insisted but it wasn't needed; the MRI showed arthritis that wasn't in a previous MRI from a few months ago. He didn't bother to follow up with me after he got the results.
I have been to doctors in NY, France and Germany for my back problems but Dr. Lowenstein was the only one who took time to truly understand the problem - its origin, progression, and to treat me as a real partner in decision making. He could have easily recommended an operation and I would have said yes, but he suggested we try a more conservative approach first with a lot of physical therapy and I am doing extremely well. My life changed course completely because Dr. Lowenstein took the time!
Have you seen Dr. Jason Lowenstein, MD?
Are you Dr. Lowenstein?

Visit Dr. Lowenstein

Dr. Lowenstein accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Lowenstein has admitting privileges