Dr. Jason Lang, MD

Dr. Lang
Telehealth services available

AdventHealth Hendersonville

100 Hospital Dr Hendersonville, NC 28792

Dr. Jason Lang, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Hendersonville, NC and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Lang has more experience with Knee/Lower Limbs and Hip/Pelvic Bones than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Duke University School Of Medicine medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with medical facilities AdventHealth Hendersonville and Pardee Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lang to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in Hendersonville

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Lang accepts

Dr. Lang accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Chinese Community Health Plan (CCHP)
Great West Healthcare-Cigna
Sedgwick Claims Management Services
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Typically treats 70% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Knee Disorders

Dr. Lang treats Knee Disorders more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Lang treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Lang treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 95% of their peers

Dr. Lang treats this condition more than 95% of their peers

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Lang treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Lang treats this condition more than 94% of their peers

Hip/Pelvic Bones

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip/Pelvic Bones specialists.

Typically treats 61% more than their peers

high

Dr. Lang performs Hip Replacement more than 87% of their peers

Dr. Lang performs this procedure more than 87% of their peers

Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Dr. Lang performs Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment more than 71% of their peers

Dr. Lang performs this procedure more than 71% of their peers

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Computer-Assisted Total Knee Replacement
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Heel Spur
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision
  • Trigger Finger
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Jason Lang, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Lang's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lang

Dr. Lang?
I had an original elective anterior hip replacement performed. 4 weeks later I experienced an anterior hip dislocation. 3 weeks after that I experienced a second anterior hip dislocation. 1 day after that I experienced a third hip dislocation. A total of 3 dislocations within 7 weeks. Emergency revision surgery was performed with an enlarged ball. 5 months after that I experienced a fourth dislocation followed by a second emergency revision surgery in which a tripolar constrained liner was inserted. A total of 3 surgeries and 4 dislocations within 7 months. Now 15 months after my initial surgery and 8 months after my third surgery I continue to have serious complications of chronic pain at level 5, 7+ with activity, significant hip instability, and compromised mobility. Dr Lang continued to state the prosthetic device was well positioned and functioning properly. I sought out a second opinion. I was diagnosed with a misaligned acetabular cup which is 28 degrees out of alignment!
Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
I had total hip replacements for both my right and left hips last year. Dr. Lang sets the bar! He keeps current on new techniques and advancements in his field and provides patients, like me, with the benefits of his expertise and skill. He treats patients, staff, and colleagues with kindness and respect. I have already referred a friend to him for hip replacement and she raves about him as I do. I feel fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.
Rita Danford in Elizabethton, TN – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
I have had a right knee authroscopy preformed by Dr. Lang and am extremely pleased with his knowledge, patient care and information supplied. Great Doctor with the outstanding bedside manners
Tom Wood in Hendersonville, NC – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
Dr. Lang is an excellent physician/surgeon. He is professional, compassionate and exudes knowledge of orthopaedic surgery. I was very quickly comfortable with Dr. Lang performing my hip replacement surgery. The surgery went extremely well and I am very pleased with my recovery. It has only been 6 weeks since the surgery and I have been able to walk as much as 3 miles in a day for exercise. I would highly recommend Dr. Lang.
Susan in fletcher, nc – Sep 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
Dr.Lang replaced both of my hips within a span of six weeks this spring of 2017. Being 60 years of age and living a very active lifestyle the degeneration of my hips left me limping and in constant pain. The skill and care from Dr. Lang has given me back both mobility and a pain free daily life. I highly recommend anyone seeking help in this area of their lives to make an appointment asap!
weaverville, nc – Aug 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
I recently saw Dr. Lang for hip surgery. He provided excellent care. I would very much recommend him to others.
Marion, NC – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
Dr. Lang is very well informed in his field. He and his associates examined me, determined what the problem was and decided on a course of action. The operation was successful and recovery is going well. I would recommend Dr. Lang to any person requiring his services. He also has a good personality. George J. Oswald
George J. Oswald in tryon, nc – Jul 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
Great experience. He is easy to talk to and glad to explain things without the arrogance some surgeons are good at. He was highly recommended and my partial knee replacement went well. I was up and walking immediately. 7 weeks out from surgery and the knee is doing well and I am back into my normal activities, if on a reduced pace for now, until the soreness from the cutting and etc. goes away. (Better every day!). The instability of the joint I experienced prior to surgery is gone!
Asheville, NC – Jul 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
I could not have been more pleased with Dr. Lang and his team. I had a total knee replacement and everything went great! I was off the cane in two weeks. The pain was less than I would have thought. I was even off the pain meds in three weeks. All went well, as I was ahead of schedule for Home Health and Out Patient PT. Thank-you Dr. Lang!
Jay Buchanan in Mars Hill, NC – Jul 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
I had a total hip replacement with Dr. Lang. The surgery could not have gone more smoothly. I had minimal discomfort, was able to walk right after surgery, and, three months out, I'm just about back to regular hiking speed and endurance. He's a skilled surgeon. Dr. Lang discussed options and best practices before surgery. I felt confident in his expertise. Post-surgical exams are thorough. His staff and the physical therapy team are also terrific
Linda C in Black Mountain, nc – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
In December 2016 Dr. Lang performed an anterior total hip replacement on my right hip. I'm a 46 yr old female and was at the point of almost not being able to walk due to osteoarthritis, let alone participate in activities my 3 sons and I used to enjoy together. I'm now able to walk pain free at a moderate pace an average of 4-5 miles daily, ride bicycles, and enjoy almost every crazy idea my sons come up with. Dr. Lang, his assistant Christopher, and his entire staff are amazing!
Toni McDaniel in Madison, NC – Jun 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Lang. I would recommend him to anyone needing hip replacement. I am now 6 weeks out from sugary am walking without assistance of a cane seldom do I feel any pain . Thank you Dr. Lang for getting me pain free.
michael smathers in arden nc – Jun 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
Dr. Lang has a good bedside manner and is thorough in his assessments and follow-ups. He also listens well. My surgery seems to have gone quite well and I am pleased with the care I received during and after my hip replacement.
Dan in brevard, nc – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
Dr. Lang is a wonderful Dr. He has met my needs and has been very wonderful in my recovery of my knee surgery. i highly recommend Dr Lang. Dr Lang's assistant Christopher is awesome. Great bedside manner and helpful in my needs.
Patsy in Robbinsville,NC – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
I went into a total hip replacement surgery not having had any surgeries since I was 3 years old. I received excellent care, concern and answers for all my questions, and state of the art surgery on my hip. I would recommend and have recommended Dr. Lang for friends and acquaintances who are contemplating hip repair. He is both skilled and compassionate.
brevard, nc – Mar 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
First rate care from initial appt to surgery to post op care. Fantastic results from anterior hip replacement. Dr. Lang is a top notch surgeon with a modern approach. His attention to detail is superb, and all support staff are caring and competent. No one wants to have major surgery, but this was the best possible experience. I am 100% pleased with my results.
Asheville, NC – Mar 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
Dr. Lang did my hip replacement at the end of December last year. He put my concerns about surgery at ease. He is very competent, caring, and courteous as well as his staff. He provided excellent pre and post op care. I may need knee surgery in the future and I will gladly have him perform the surgery. I have already recommended him to family members for his expertise.
Susan Richards in Arden, NC – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
He did my anterior hip replacement in December of 2009 and it truly was a great experience! This is a talented doctor that listens to your needs as well as the rest of the staff, including the PA's that work with him. Everyone at each appointment always answered any questions I had and made me feel extremely comfortable. Thank you!
Patricia Joyce in Winston Salem, NC – Oct 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?
I waited a month with severe hip pain for an opening to see Dr. Lang and he talked down to me & got me out the door in 10 min. He knew I needed hip replacement surgery but wanted me to start walking with cane (I am 43 years old) & gave me brush-off! He is a jerk - don't waste your time. I talked to several physical therapists in the area after another Dr. did my hip replacement & all I mentioned was jerk and they knew exactly who I was talking about without mentioning names.
Val in Newton, NC – Apr 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jason Lang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lang?

I am a Board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in Hip and Knee Replacement surgery.  I and my staff provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment for hip and knee arthritis, as well as other conditions leading to...Read more

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine
Duke University Medical Center

• Resident Teaching Award, 2006
  • Faculty Teaching Award, 2008, 2009

• Stability of revision acetabular components using the rim-fit technique., Dec;2:2008
  • Use of ceramics in total hip replacement., 2008.
  • Results of contralateral total knee arthroplasty in patients with a history of stiff total knee arthroplasty., 2008.Jan
  • Tibial component alignment after total knee arthroplasty with intramedullary instrumentation: a prospective analysis., Oct:29:200
  • Robotic systems in Orthopaedic Surgery., 2011 Oct;

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Lang communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lang communicates via email

• Does Dr. Lang offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lang offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Lang offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lang offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Lang have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lang has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Lang offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lang offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Lang offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Lang offers evening visits