Dr. Jason Lake, MD

Dr. Jason Lake, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Jason Lake, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Gilbert, AZ. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Lake is affiliated with Phoenix Children's Hospital, Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center, Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital, Banner Gateway Medical Center and Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.

OrthoArizona - Mezona Division

2940 E Banner Gateway Dr Ste 200

Gilbert, AZ 85234

• AARP
  • Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Banner Physician Hospital Organization (BPHO)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benesight
  • CNA
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)

Learn about Dr. Lake

Few people work the same job for 30-35 years.  Physicians are an exception to this rule.  I think that one of the big reasons for this is the rewarding nature of a good doctor-patient relationship.  As an Orthopedic Surgeon, my success is measured by how well I can improve (or prevent decline of the function of my patients. Though I am a surgeon, I believe that most orthopaedic problems can be treated by nonsurgical measures such as orthotics, therapy, injections, medications, etc.  My patients are surgical candidates when nonsurgical methods are failing and when the patient tells me that they are ready for surgery.  Throughout treatment, I hope to develop a relationship with my patients based on two-way communication. Decision for surgery is made jointly with the patient because it is such an important decision.  I believe that maintaining this healthy doctor-patient relationship will make my job just as rewarding in 30 years as it is now.

Video

Dr. Lake's Experience

Dr. Lake's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Hallux Limitus
  • Hallux Rigidus
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Pain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
  • Foot and Ankle Surgery
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Tendon Surgery
  • Tendon and Bursa Injection
  • Toenail Removal
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University of Arizona

• Physican of the Month, Banner Gateway Medical Center, 2011
  • Summa Cum Laude, 2004
  • Alpha Omega Alpha, 2003
  • Elected Chief Resident, 2008

Dr. Lake does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lake and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
America's 50 Best Hospitals Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Lake is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Lake's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lake to family and friends
Dr. Lake's Performance
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr Lake provided choices for me to follow and after a successful period of management of the condition I decided finally on surgery, which he again in a human and sensitive manner offered the best possible procedures. I chose a new implant procedure offered in the country and I am very pleased with the results. Thank you Dr Lake for giving me my foot and life back with no pain.
Chandler, AZ |
Finding the right Doctor is Not Always Easy, There are Some Good Drs. & Some, Not So. After 9 Orthopedic Surgeries, in as Many Yrs. I Can Safely Say, Dr. Jason Lake is an Amazing Surgeon with an Amazing Staff. My Only Regret is, Not Meeting this Surgeon and His Team Sooner. To, (One of the Finest) Dr. J. Lake & Staff, Thank you. G.D.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Lake was thoroughly professional. He explained what he was going to do, when he was going to do it, and the expected outcome. He kept me apprised of what I could expect in the healing process. He took a very conservative approach and I was very satisfied with the results.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Lake is an exceptional surgeon! In my experience, it is becoming increasingly rare to find a specialist who will spend the time to thoroughly discuss all possible treatment options. Dr. Lake and his staff always made me feel as if my comfort was their first priority. He was easy to talk to, answered all of my questions, and went above and beyond to make sure my surgical experience was as smooth as possible. I recommend Dr. Lake without reservation!
in Mesa, AZ |
I am so impressed by everything about our experience. My husband broke a leg bone on Saturday. I called Monday and got him an appointment for Tuesday and got him scheduled for surgery on Wednesday! He and the staff at his office was great, everything ran on time. His PA was great and informative. They took care of all the insurance stuff and we just felt like it was a well oiled machine. The Arizona Joint and Spine Hospital, which I also reviewed on Facebook was just as great. Recommend!!
in Gold Canyon az |
Couldn't be more happy with my experience with Dr Lake and his staff, corrected my mallet toes both at the same time-the care I received from pre op appointment thru surgery and follow up care was second to none and the job done on my toes was well above par. Thank you again Dr Lake
in Scottsdale, AZ |
My great experience with Dr Lake started as soon as I arrived at ck in. The ladies at the front desk/ck in were the best. My first meeting with Dr Lake was just what I had hope for, confidence and honesty. I need a complicated procedure and within 5 minutes we knew we had the right Dr. From there everything went great. He is the best. Thank you everyone at Dr Lakes office.
in Mesa, AZ |
I had an excellent experience with Dr Lake. I had fractured my tibia, he explained clearly why the best treatment would be placement of screws versus just casting. I was very satisfied with the speed of my treatment , the professional, yet friendly staff. I never had long wait times in the waiting area.. When I had questions, he listened and answered. Overall it was a positive experience .
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Lake and his staff were a pleasure to deal with from day 1. The ER doctor referred me to another doctor, who could not handle the surgery on my broken ankle. Thankfully, that office referred me to Dr. Lake. Upon calling Dr. Lake's office, they were able to get me in that same day. Everything with surgery, recovery, and follow-up appointments went as smoothly as possible.
in Maricopa, Az |
Dr. Lake and his staff saw me for a work-related injury of my left ankle. I had so much pain and difficulty walking when I first saw him. After his care and surgical intervention as well as excellent PT from Jon and his staff, I am 110% better with no residual pain. I highly recommend Dr Lake to anyone needing orthopedic care
in Mesa, AZ |
Very knowledgeable and patient Helped me understand all my options clearly and really made me a part of the process. Have already recommended Dr. Lake to others!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Lake gave me advice and options regarding a frequently dislocation in one of my toes. After presenting all of the options, we decided on a surgery to correct the issue. Fantastic service from him and his entire office.
in Chandler, AZ |
I found Dr. Lake through my insurance provider and I must say that I am highly satisfied and happy that I went with him for my procedure. Dr. Lake proved to be extremely knowledgeable and caring throughout the entire process. He is very experienced and had a detailed plan after the initial visit. He was thorough in his explanation of the procedure, caring for it, and ensuring that I was not doing anything to put myself in further risk post-op. I would recommend him to anyone!
It was great!
in Chandler, AZ |
Doctor Lake provides the utmost attention to the patients needs. He was my second opinion doc and I felt very confident with the diagnosis and treatment plan. Surgery went accordingly with a good outcome in correcting the problem. Visits post op were alternated with Jared his assistant. Who appeared comptetant.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
From my first visit to my last, Dr. Lake was very informative about my condition, Surgery needed and rehabilitation required. Surgery was not the first choice and all options were explored prior to surgery. I am now 4 months post op and have completed a successful rehabilitation. I am grateful for Dr. Lake and his team for their skill, professionalism and passion. I would not hesitate to go back. Thank you Dr. Lake!
in Chandler, AZ |
I broke my leg playing football and Dr. Lake along with his staff was able to get me into surgery just four days after the injury. Now almost six months later, I am returning to the field even though I have a plate and eight screws in my leg. I was able to make a quick recovery from the surgery and make tremendous strides in the overall experience which included building my strength back up. While I am still not 100 percent, I would not even be close to where I am if it were not for Dr. Lake
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I had two surgerys with Dr.Lake. I had massive hardware put in and then taken out 6 months later. I had pain 24/7 after the hardware was taken out. I had many visits to his office expressing this. He gave me some cortosoin shots, but you can not keep doing this for pain. He did not help me for pain. I went to another orthopod and he preformed another surgery. I am great now. No pain and living a normal life. I am very disapointted in Dr. Lake. and if I had to do over I would NEVER have seen him.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I had a severe accident in which I broke my fibula, dislocated my ankle, broke the bottom of my foot and tore exterior & interior ligaments. As bad and as painful as the accident was, Dr. Lake managed to repair me with amazing results. He was honest about options and possible complications, very thorough in discussing my treatment plan, and made time to see me when I needed to come in for unscheduled appts. His bedside manner was great...kind, compassionate, even a little funny. Highly recommen
in Chandler, AZ |
FIRST Dr's diagnosis was a Jones fracture, cast&surgery w/crutches for 16 weeks (no weight bearing). 2ND OPINION was with Dr. Lake & I was AMAZED, he said it was a psuedo Jones fracture & I DIDN'T NEED SURGERY. Dr. Lake removed my cast, put me in a walking boot & in a shoe 3 wks later. Dr. Lake thoroughly reviewed why he didn't recommend surgery and I was confident of his decision. I felt extremely well cared for & highly recommend Dr. Lake. Wow, No surgery and he shortened my recovery 13wks.
Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Lake was extremely friendly and very informative on how my procedure would go step by step. He always answered my questions or concerns honestly and I never felt uneasy about my ankle recovery.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I had broken my ankle months before and had been seeing a podiatrist. I was neither diagnosed nor treated correctly and my ankle was not healing. I went to see Dr. Lake and was immediately told about my misdiagnosed ankle. I needed surgery to have 4 pins placed. The surgery went very well and I am finally healing. It has been a long 8th month process but is finally over. I would go back to see Dr. Lake again in a minute. Very professional as is his whole staff.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Lake was very professional and clear with us on options. He was great in explaining things to us and taking time with us. Everything went smoothly and we appreciate all the great staff that he has. The experience was a good one.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Lake made my surgery basically pain free. The scar is minimal and I feel like my leg never broke. I recommend him highly.
in Mesa, AZ |
After breaking my ankle in 3 places, a doctor friend recommended I see Dr. Lake for surgery. I'm so grateful I followed through on the referral - Dr. Lake's expertise in treating ankle injuries was evident from the moment I stepped through the door. My ankle was put back in place within a week, and the post-surgery follow-up care I received was excellent. The care i received from Dr. Lake and the team at OrthoArizona - Mezona made all the difference in having me resume activities in record time.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr Lake and his staff did a great job making sure all my questions were answered, that i understood my injury, and the options I had to fix my ankle. He offered surgical and non-surgical options with complete expectations of the results from each option. Dr Lake is both professional and personable which gave me great confidence and comfort with his recommendations and in his skills as a surgeon. I appreciate that he runs on time with office visits.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Lake and his staff were very kind and sincere about my son's injury and general concerns. He took the time to clearly explain what our options were and the long-term effects that could be expected, based on our options. I would highly recommend Dr. Lake and his office for any Orthopedic surgery case. Thank you so much again for taking care of us!
in Florence, AZ |
Dr. Lake explained in detail, as well as the reason for his decisions, regarding what he was going to do during my foot surgery. On all of the follow-up appointments he and his staff and PA were very helpful, friendly and thorough. You couldn't ask for more. I would suggest Dr. Lake to anyone in need of his services.
in Glendale, AZ |
For my first surgery ever, Dr.Lake left me feeling comfortable in having my foot get back to 100% normal. He answered all my question with conference and helped me understand the process of what recovery would be like. Very friendly would highly recommend.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Lake has helped both my wife and I recover from ankle and toe injuries. His surgical abilities are unquestionable, because we both had full recoveries. His bedside manner is fantastic, which made asking questions and choosing between treatment options very easy. I would return to Dr. Lake if I am unfortunate enough to injure my foot again.
in Chandler, AZ |
He was thourough and showed care and concern for Keagan. All of the staff was very pleasant. Great experience in the midst of a difficult injury.
in Queen creek, az |
Dr. Lake was amazing, he helped my son get back to the way he was prior to the injury.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Lake and the rest of the Mezona staff were great from initial diagnosis through surgery and physical therapy. I would recommend Dr. Lake to anyone with minor aches and pains or serious injuries like my ruptured achilles.
in Tempe, AZ |
I had a very painful left ankle that had a cyst in the talus bone with a lesion and damaged cartilage. Dr. Lake was able to do a bone graft and replace the damaged cartilage too. I had to have my tibia cut in order to get to the cyst. It was a very extensive surgery and one of the biggest Dr. Lake had operated on. 4 months out and I'm walking again! It still swells up when I use it alot, but it feels so much better already! Healing for this takes 1-2 years, so I'm doing great! Thanks Dr. Lake!
in Mesa, AZ |
I am recommending a friend today for surgery, I am that confident in Doctor Lake. He did a great job with my daughters broken toe. I am completely confident in his ability both as a doctor and surgeon.
Phoenix, AZ |
He was efficient yet thorough about explaining my condition, plantar fasciitis. The way he explained the treatment plan made sense to me and I got significantly better after 2 visits
Gilbert, AZ |
I had an acute plantar fascia injury that resulted in plantar fasciitis. He explained to me what the diagnosis meant and how it is treated. He also explained why surgery is a last resort and he would treat this conservatively for as long as possible. After 3 months my symptoms improved and I'm walking and feeling 100 times better!
Have you seen Dr. Jason Lake, MD?
Are you Dr. Lake?

Aetna PPO
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Banner Physician Hospital Organization (BPHO)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benesight
    Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    Cigna POS
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • CNA
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • CopperPoint Mutual

Mesa, AZ 85206
Phoenix Children's Hospital
1919 E Thomas Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Lake at OrthoArizona - Mezona Division

Dr. Cynthia Kooima, MD